Nova vs Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Nova w/Nova Force+World Mind

vs

Sentry

Fight in space. Who takes it?

dmills
Is Nova at FULL power? Scratch that. Nova is a notch below Surfer but a little above flying bricks like Glads. So I'd say Nova takes it.

Badabing
Honestly, Sentry has been thumb down since WWH. I just can't vote for him. sad

dmills
Originally posted by Badabing
Honestly, Sentry has been thumb down since WWH. I just can't vote for him. Yep. Marvel should just end that character. What a waste.

guy222
Nova

Batman-Prime
Sentry should win. As easy as against Terrax. Geez Marvel, give him such feats again!

Nihilist
Sentry

bbrem123
sentry wins

The Nuul
Nova.

dmills
Nova isn't losing to a flying brick. As I said before. At full power he's a notch below Surfer Level, but a notch above guy's like Sentry. More durable, faster, as strong, more variety with his powers and he has worldmind.

quanchi112
Sentry wins.

AlmightyKfish
Nova ftw.

dmills
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sentry wins. How?

Simbon
Originally posted by dmills
Nova isn't losing to a flying brick. As I said before. At full power he's a notch below Surfer Level, but a notch above guy's like Sentry. More durable, faster, as strong, more variety with his powers and he has worldmind.

Sentry, diminished though he may be, isn't simply a flying brick, unless massive energy powers and telepathy now come standard with the brick's arsenal. Also, "flying bricks" shouldn't be sold short. SBP, anyone? You mentioned Gladiator, but Gladiator's top feats are completely insane, and I would argue superior to Nova's top feats: one-shotting Vulcan, killing a phoenix, flying through stars, smashing planets, containing supernovas without harm to himself, just to name a few.

In a comic, I think Sentry would win this via the superguy effect (i.e., when all things are equal, the guy who looks the most like Superman will probably win). In forum...tough call. I say Nova 6/10.

quanchi112
How? Too powerful.

dmills
Originally posted by Simbon
Sentry, diminished though he may be, isn't simply a flying brick, unless massive energy powers and telepathy now come standard with the brick's arsenal. Also, "flying bricks" shouldn't be sold short. SBP, anyone? You mentioned Gladiator, but Gladiator's top feats are completely insane, and I would argue superior to Nova's top feats: one-shotting Vulcan, killing a phoenix, flying through stars, smashing planets, containing supernovas without harm to himself, just to name a few.

In a comic, I think Sentry would win this via the superguy effect (i.e., when all things are equal, the guy who looks the most like Superman will probably win). In forum...tough call. I say Nova 6/10. Yeah but Sentry fights like a brick. Nova has Psionic shields in his helmet, and can absorb and redirect huge amounts of energy like he did to Gladiator. Not to mention he has well above class 100 strength on par with Sentry and IMO is more durable.

dmills
Originally posted by Peterlane mk14
Nova got stomped by a Surfer who isn't even trying. Nova at full power is low-herald at 1st. Norman tells Sentry to rip Nova's head off in 3 seconds and throw his remains in the sun, Sentry does it in 1 second.

Sentry stomps with utter ease No response for this utter tripe.

dmills
Too powerful. No his isn't.

Nihilist
Nova hasnt shown he can beat anyone around Sentrys lvl at all.

quanchi112
No his isn't. So Nova can overload the Absorbing Man, punk Terrax, go rounds with Photon, and tank WW blows?

dmills

So Nova can overload the Absorbing Man,

Yep. Unless Absorbing Man can hold in a nearly infinite energy source.

He punked Blastarr WITH the cosmic control rod. So yeah he'd punk that jobber.

Not very familiar with Photon so no comment.

He wouldn't fight WWH like a brick. But he's taken worse then a punch from WWH and walked away. And he damn sure wouldn't burn out the way Sentry did.

dmills
Originally posted by Peterlane mk16
Nova struggled against the Thunderbolts. Sentry stomps him with utter ease. Call me when Nova can take hits from WWH, shit he got stomped by a Silver Surfer who was holding back to the NTH degree. Now I see why I am hated, fanboy wank is idiotic. Nova struggled against the Thunderbolts?! laughing out loud

You are now officially on my ignore user list.

quanchi112

Not very familiar with Photon so no comment.

He wouldn't fight WWH like a brick. But he's taken worse then a punch from WWH and walked away. And he damn sure wouldn't burn out the way Sentry did. Thanos has been described as having a nearly limitless supply of energy before.

That hardly proves anything.

Blastaar isn't Terrax.

Since when? The point is Sentry can tank his punches while Nova can't.

What about Photon?

The guy's a complete bum when compared to the Surfer so I don't see him being a blip on Photon's radar.

dmills
Thanos has been described as having a nearly limitless supply of energy before.

That hardly proves anything.

Blastaar isn't Terrax.

Since when? The point is Sentry can tank his punches while Nova can't.

What about Photon?

The guy's a complete bum when compared to the Surfer so I don't see him being a blip on Photon's radar.

Blastaar with the CCR is above Terrax.

Crashed into a dimensional barrier at FTL speed and survived, flew into Galactus's worldship through his energy syphon and survived the energy of an enire planet exploding relatively unharmed.

I just said I don't know much about Photon so what do you want? Me to take your word for it or something?

I already said the Surfer is a notch above Nova.

I'm going by how he has most recently been portrayed. You're going by his high end feats from 10 years ago. Nova RIGHT NOW vs Sentry RIGHT NOW, Nova is the winner hands down.

vansonbee

Was it recently that someone stated Nova force was nearly infinite or 1 of them classics? (I actually want to read this)

In Blastaar case, Nova had preparation to recall the cosmic control rod.

My bets on Sentry, even though his recent showing are horrible, we can't ignore the old good ones.

dmills
Originally posted by vansonbee
Was it recently that someone stated Nova force was nearly infinite or 1 of them classics? (I actually want to read this)

In Blastaar case, Nova had preparation to recall the cosmic control rod.

My bets on Sentry, even though his recent showing are horrible, we can't ignore the old good ones. I'll dig it up. Love the Avatar BTW.

quanchi112
Blastaar with the CCR is above Terrax.

Crashed into a dimensional barrier at FTL speed and survived, flew into Galactus's worldship through his energy syphon and survived the energy of an enire planet exploding relatively unharmed.

I just said I don't know much about Photon so what do you want? Me to take your word for it or something?

I already said the Surfer is a notch above Nova.

I'm going by how he has most recently been portrayed. You're going by his high end feats from 10 years ago. Nova RIGHT NOW vs Sentry RIGHT NOW, Nova is the winner hands down. Based on what?

K, but he still was nothing when against the Surfer.

Photon's more powerful than the Surfer. Do a quick search on him.

No, he isn't. Sentry wasn't even created ten years ago as far as I can remember. Sentry wins unless he holds back.

BattleMage
Sentry for the ko.

dmills
Based on what?

K, but he still was nothing when against the Surfer.

Photon's more powerful than the Surfer. Do a quick search on him.

No, he isn't. Sentry wasn't even created ten years ago as far as I can remember. Sentry wins unless he holds back.

The Cosmic Control Rod

Embellish much? They tussled a little bit, at best it was a standstill. Surfer is more powerful but let's not make stuff up.

Conjecture. MAYBE at one point he was, but is he now?

Sentry debuted in September 2000 as a Marvel Knights title.

Why? Because you say so?

dmills
Originally posted by Peterlane mk17
Nova cannot overload the Absorbing Man. Unless Nova>>>>All of Asgard( bar Odin). Absorbing Man absorbed all of Asgard. 2 questions about that.

1)Wasn't he amped by Loki at the time?

2) Has he ever been shown to duplicate such a feat ever again?

quanchi112
The Cosmic Control Rod

Embellish much? They tussled a little bit, at best it was a standstill. Surfer is more powerful but let's not make stuff up.

Conjecture. MAYBE at one point he was, but is he now?

Sentry debuted in September 2000 as a Marvel Knights title.

Why? Because you say so? So because he had the cosmic control rod he's more formidable than Terrax?

Surfer wasn't even trying to defeat him. Surfer was well above him. It's pretty clear you just don't want to accept it and looking at your sig I see why.

Yes. He's dead now.

Was WW Hulk nine years ago? Was the Terrax showing nine years ago?

Because the showings more than prove it.

Priest
Sentry wins.

dmills
So because he had the cosmic control rod he's more formidable than Terrax?

Surfer wasn't even trying to defeat him. Surfer was well above him. It's pretty clear you just don't want to accept it and looking at your sig I see why.

Yes. He's dead now.

Was WW Hulk nine years ago? Was the Terrax showing nine years ago?

Because the showings more than prove it.

I said Surfer is above him, A few times actually. But not because of that little dust up they had where neither one really wanted to fight the other so what's your point?

Oh no, a sig reference? Are you kidding me? I guess I'll keep that in mind in in the next Thor topic I see you post in.

Yes. But then it again it's Terrax so that's not saying much now is it?

Nope. Never said they were, but that's not what you asked.

Well so much for that.

Nah. Not really.

This thread isn't going anywhere productive so I'll summerize it and we'll be done with it.

Nova wins ftw.

Sentry ass-rapes Nova.

Nova curbstomps!

Sentry stomps FTW! NOVA IS A LITTLE POODLE TURD laughing

Nova takes it.

Sentry.

Nova.

Sentry.

Nova.

Sentry.

Nova.

Sentry.

Nova.

Sentry.

Wash, rinse and repeat for 20 pages. I guess that about sums up the responses on this thread. On to the next thread.

quanchi112
I said Surfer is above him, A few times actually. But not because of that little dust up they had where neither one really wanted to fight the other so what's your point?

Oh no, a sig reference? Are you kidding me? I guess I'll keep that in mind in in the next Thor topic I see you post in.

Yes. But then it again it's Terrax so that's not saying much now is it?

Nope. Never said they were, but that's not what you asked.

Well so much for that.

Nah. Not really.

This thread isn't going anywhere productive so I'll summerize it and we'll be done with it.

Nova wins ftw.

Sentry ass-rapes Nova.

Nova curbstomps!

Nova takes it.

Sentry.

Nova.

Sentry.

Nova.

Sentry.

Nova.

Sentry.

Nova.

Sentry.

Wash, rinse and repeat for 20 pages. I guess that about sums up the responses on this thread. On to the next thread. The point is Sentry can take on Nova's best. Nova can't take the sentry's best. The Sentry was handling himself against Photon who's a powerhouse while he was holding back. All these bad showings for the Sentry are explained away due to the fact he holds back and is afraid of his own powers. When he isn't and fights at his best he's a beast.

Sentry crushes him.

dmills
The point is Sentry can take on Nova's best. Nova can't take the sentry's best. The Sentry was handling himself against Photon who's a powerhouse while he was holding back. All these bad showings for the Sentry are explained away due to the fact he holds back and is afraid of his own powers. When he isn't and fights at his best he's a beast.

Sentry has a crush on him.

Nova hasn't really had a BAD showing and he has tangled with some of the most powerful beings in the universe, even Thanos and Death had to give him his props. And given the fact that he only operates at around 80% capacity, we don't know what a fully amped Nova can do. Yet...

celeyhyga17
I love Nova. ONe of the best comics out rite now.... He's been described as one able to do crazy shiet. However he hasn't shown me enuff to be able to beat a "superman type". I still question his durability. I gotta see more. Sentry wins.

7/10

dmills

SuperiorTech
Sentry

Naija boy
Err, when Surfer and Nova "fought" each other, world mind even admitted that Surfer outclassed nova in every category.

Sentry ftw

dmills
True. But what does that have to do with Nova vs Sentry?

Batman-Prime

Nova wins ftw.

Sentry ass-rapes Nova.

Nova curbstomps!

Nova takes it.

Sentry.

Nova.

Sentry.

Nova.

Sentry.

Nova.

Sentry.

Nova.

Sentry.

Wash, rinse and repeat for 20 pages. I guess that about sums up the responses on this thread. On to the next thread.

no

Your summary isn't accurate. Most people write Sentry, except 2 replys, all other Nova pwns wtf!!c rubstomp!!! came only from you no expression

80% are for Sentry

dmills
80% are wrong. And I never said Nova curbstomp. A couple of peeps said Sentry crushes Nova. Even if you believe Sentry would win, to say that he'd "crush" Nova is just ignorant.

Batman-Prime
80% are wrong. And I never said Nova curbstomp. A couple of peeps said Sentry crushes Nova. Even if you believe Sentry would win, to say that he'd "crush" Nova is just ignorant.

I Like your enthusiasm. smile More power to you my friend.

As for the crush nova thing. I can understand those people, they don't mean it as an insult. Because there are only two sides of Sentry. Either he curshes his opponent without any effort at all or he behaves like a girl and cries big grin.

dmills
LOL! So true.

tkitna
Originally posted by Nihilist
Nova hasnt shown he can beat anyone around Sentrys lvl at all.

This is how I was thinking too. Nova doesnt seem to be on Sentry's level.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by tkitna

To be fair, not even Sentry is on Sentrys Level whistle

Charlotte DeBel
Yeah but Sentry fights like a brick. Nova has Psionic shields in his helmet, and can absorb and redirect huge amounts of energy like he did to Gladiator. Not to mention he has well above class 100 strength on par with Sentry and IMO is more durable.

And not to mention that by himself Sentry only uses his TP defensively\to held his energetically destabilised body together. The only time it was used for offensive purposes was when Sentry was mindcontrolled by Mastermind, who used his energy reserves as battery= not Sentry's feat.
Latent powers don't count in the battles, I think.

Warlord
sentry

dmills
People are really selling my boy short here and I suggest they re-up his respect thread. Nova takes this.

dmills

This is the type of ignorance that I'm talking about. It makes me wonder if any of you have ever even read Nova. You all talk about fights, here are some fights. This is the guy who went one on one with Annihilus while he had the cosmic control rod and the Quantum Bands for pete's sake! Annihilus, who has in the past ***** slapped asgardians, Thor and Balder, The Fantastic four, and several other heavies.

Nova was able to tear apart 100 Kree Sentry robots as if they were cheap toys. The same robots of which only 1 is able to give hell to several eternals, the Fantastic four and Captain Marvel. Nova has been able to hold his own in single combat against Thor and Gladiator, and that was when he had a mere fraction of the power that he has now. Nova also casually ***** slapped the most powerful members of the Thunderbolts and casually beat Gamora, Xentih and Drax.

You wanna talk durability? He tanked Galactus's solar system destroying blast, tanked flying into a friggin Neutron star at light speed. A NEUTRON STAR! An object with so much gravity that 1 teaspoon of it's matter is the equivalent of 100 metric tons. He flew into it head on at light speed with only 17% of his power and was fine. He survived flying into Galactus's energy syphon as it was absorbing the raw energy of a planet. He survived flying into "The Rip", which is the edge of the universe where space and time are literally torn apart. He also survived flying head on into a dimensional barrier at FTL speed, was reduced to a husk and was still alive. He was able to regenerate. The man has insane durability.

Nova is faster, more durable and as strong as Sentry. He also has a wider variety of ON PANEL powers and the Worldmind to boot. And I almost forgot he is an expert hand to hand combatant.

Nova wins.

BattleMage
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
To be fair, not even Sentry is on Sentrys Level whistle laughing

D_Dude1210
Dmills, Nova is one of my favorite titles at the moment (and I positively hate the Sentry) but I think a lot of the feats you mentioned have been quite exaggerated (I've read all the issues with the feats in question).

Between the two, I believe Sentry is more powerful after all a Nova is simply one exploding sun and the Sentry has been stated to have the power of a million exploding suns. <--- That paragraph is a joke, btw.

Joking aside, the way Sentry handled Terrax seems to point out that Sentry is more powerful. However, with the Worldmind, we add in tactical savvy and superhuman analytical abilities combined with Nova's combat experience and formidable abilities I'm sure they can figure out how to win against this stronger, yet fraught with disadvantages, opponent.

Nova 7/10.

starlock
I will take Nova...with worldmind for the win..and i think it will be an easy win

Lord Feron
Is Nova at FULL power? Scratch that. Nova is a notch below Surfer but a little above flying bricks like Glads. So I'd say Nova takes it.

Oh really.....confused Nova beating Gladiator? Gladiator being comapred to Sentry???? confused

GTFO mad

vansonbee
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Oh really.....confused Nova beating Gladiator? Gladiator being comapred to Sentry???? confused

GTFO mad I agree, Gladiator & Sentry do have common power sets, but really, I can't see any of them losing to Nova.

Nova troops can hurt Gladiator for sure, more of pinch type pain stick out tongue

Nova Prime did hurt/push back Gladiator female counter part, Xenith, but it was more of spur at the beginning of confrontation, Xenith was shown more superior to Nova.

Nova only won through plot device stick out tongue

Survivor19
I do not know your definition of "truly hurt".
Does it means Black Marvel, Molecule Man, Morgane La Fey lovetapped him?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Nova Prime
Sentry koed BM, Sentry will come back for MM head in the next issue so..... and he came back from what Morgan did to him. So sayinf Nova is more durable than him is stupid.

YOu crazy if you think Sentry and doing anything to MM other than being annoying. Again PIS does not have any bounds....

iceman24567
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
To be fair, not even Sentry is on Sentrys Level whistle laughing

iceman24567
Except Molecule man has met the Beyonder before erm

dmills
Nova has better on panel durability feats then Sentry.

dmills
Listen up Nova Prick. Just because you squirt your seed all over your Sentry super hero sheets doesn't mean we want to share in your sick fantasy. Now run along and don't forget to wash your hands.

Nihilist
Nova loses hard.

dmills
Who the compared Nova to the Surfer. I've said repeatedly that Surfer is a class above Nova.

Barely keep up with Darkhawk? WTF?

Your right about Starstalker. IDK what that was all about.

dmills
I guess it was because Starstalker had superior tech or something. Like Marvel Boy. He had tech that the 616 universe didn't have or some bleep like that. Either way it was a bad showing for Nova.

thanos-prime
Sentry

Lord Feron
This is the type of ignorance that I'm talking about. It makes me wonder if any of you have ever even read Nova. You all talk about fights, here are some fights. This is the guy who went one on one with Annihilus while he had the cosmic control rod and the Quantum Bands for pete's sake! Annihilus, who has in the past ***** slapped asgardians, Thor and Balder, The Fantastic four, and several other heavies.

Nova was able to tear apart 100 Kree Sentry robots as if they were cheap toys. The same robots of which only 1 is able to give hell to several eternals, the Fantastic four and Captain Marvel. Nova has been able to hold his own in single combat against Thor and Gladiator, and that was when he had a mere fraction of the power that he has now. Nova also casually ***** slapped the most powerful members of the Thunderbolts and casually beat Gamora, Xentih and Drax.

You wanna talk durability? He tanked Galactus's solar system destroying blast, tanked flying into a friggin Neutron star at light speed. A NEUTRON STAR! An object with so much gravity that 1 teaspoon of it's matter is the equivalent of 100 metric tons. He flew into it head on at light speed with only 17% of his power and was fine. He survived flying into Galactus's energy syphon as it was absorbing the raw energy of a planet. He survived flying into "The Rip", which is the edge of the universe where space and time are literally torn apart. He also survived flying head on into a dimensional barrier at FTL speed, was reduced to a husk and was still alive. He was able to regenerate. The man has insane durability.

Nova is faster, more durable and as strong as Sentry. He also has a wider variety of ON PANEL powers and the Worldmind to boot. And I almost forgot he is an expert hand to hand combatant.

Nova wins.

Not saying he didn't do most of what you say but your exaggerating a bit and context..context..context...

Lord Feron
Originally posted by iceman24567
Except Molecule man has met the Beyonder before erm

exactly MM would know if he was indeed the beyonder... (one of the very few people who would know actually)

Also I really don't want to believe Sentry is the beyonder... sad

dmills
^^^ Most of what I said can be found in his respect thread. What did I exaggerate or take out of context?

dmills
It wouldn't surprise me if he was the Beyonder. Or some other long lost uber powerful being.

dmills
Nope. PIS. The whole Star-Stalker thing was PIS or CIS IMO. That's the only thing that can explain how a guy can go from going toe to toe with Annihilus, to getting embarrassed by Star-Stalker.

REXXXX
Please do not interact with obvious socks. Thank you.

Bentley
Nova has done more than Sentry, as far as I know, anyone can argue that?

dmills
Originally posted by REXXXX
Please do not interact with obvious socks. Thank you. I figured the big dogs would handle it sooner or later.

REXXXX
Still, you're not supposed to encourage them. Engaging them in conversation makes them all the more willing to sock again and come back.

Bentley
Terrax suxx (and lobotomizing Ego is a superior feat), nothing happened to Ultron, reviving won't do good in this battle as ko is a win (also, just surviving stuff doesnt talk much about your straight power, just about your regeneration abilities), and holding back a cosmic cube is cool, but if its just holding the power into the cube, any number of machines have done that before.

dmills
Gotcha. Won't happen again.

Alldaybaby

dmills
Forgot about the ego lobotomy. Nice catch bentley.

I actually give him props for even being able to bend/warp the adamantium. That was a hell of a feat. Nova still wins though.

gimme a reason
Originally posted by REXXXX
Still, you're not supposed to encourage them. Engaging them in conversation makes them all the more willing to sock again and come back.

No not really. I just want the reason for why my 1st account was banned. Then i will not make socks

Bentley
Originally posted by gimme a reason
No not really. I just want the reason for why my 1st account was banned. Then i will not make socks

Just PM some of the mods, I've heard that being polite, nice and open to other sensibilities does wonders.

SuperiorTech
Sentry

quanchi112
This is how I was thinking too. Nova doesnt seem to be on Sentry's level. Correct.

Nova hasn't really had a BAD showing and he has tangled with some of the most powerful beings in the universe, even Thanos and Death had to give him his props. And given the fact that he only operates at around 80% capacity, we don't know what a fully amped Nova can do. Yet... So what? He had aid against Annihilus and it was right after he tanked the Galactus blast.

Name some of these beings Nova has squared off against.Originally posted by dmills
True. But what does that have to do with Nova vs Sentry? The Sentry went toe to toe with Photon for a time. Nova couldn't.

dmills
Correct.

So what? He had aid against Annihilus and it was right after he tanked the Galactus blast.

Name some of these beings Nova has squared off against. The Sentry went toe to toe with Photon for a time. Nova couldn't.

You still at it? Ok I'll bite.

First off, Nova tanked the same Galactus blast while he was shielding 2 others, so what's your point?

Secondly, what help? Phyla-Vell? Please. What a weak attempt to try and obscure the fact that it was Nova's victory.

Lastly and most importantly, you seem to be under the impression that Nova has to go toe to toe like a brick with Sentry. He has other powers at his disposal, namely gravity manipulation. If even a weak Nova centurion, with a mere fraction of Rich's power could overpower a Strontian as powerful as Xenith, What do you think Nova Prime could do? As is touched on in the comics with all the talk about gravimetrics, Nova's can manipulate gravitons. If they can manipulate gravitons, Nova should be able to make Sentry so heavy that he couldn't stand up, breathe or even open his eye's. Nova could surround Sentry with a gravimetric node and collapse the node - crushing the Sentry in on himself to the point where his mass forms a miniature black hole. Or he could simply BFR him via a stargate into the crunch or the Rip.

Nova wins.

celeyhyga17
At his best, Sentry seems to be Superman level. I know Nova has had a huge upgrade and has the tactical advantage because of worlmind (assuming this is Nova Prime Vs Sentry), but is he as durable as Sentry?? I'm swaying Sentry here because of that. They both can battle at very high speeds, class 100 strength or higher, and have a huge power source. The major thing i think that Bob has over Richie is flat out durability.

dmills
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
At his best, Sentry seems to be Superman level. I know Nova has had a huge upgrade and has the tactical advantage because of worlmind (assuming this is Nova Prime Vs Sentry), but is he as durable as Sentry?? I'm swaying Sentry here because of that. They both can battle at very high speeds, class 100 strength or higher, and have a huge power source. The major thing i think that Bob has over Richie is flat out durability. On panel, Nova's durability feats trump Bobs. I listed a few of his durability feats in this thread.

As for your other question I don't know for sure if the OP was referring to Nova as he currently is with only around 80% of the Nova force, or Nova at full power. Doesn't really matter either way, Nova still wins.

quanchi112
You still at it? Ok I'll bite.

First off, Nova tanked the same Galactus blast while he was shielding 2 others, so what's your point?

Secondly, what help? Phyla-Vell? Please. What a weak attempt to try and obscure the fact that it was Nova's victory.

Lastly and most importantly, you seem to be under the impression that Nova has to go toe to toe like a brick with Sentry. He has other powers at his disposal, namely gravity manipulation. If even a weak Nova centurion, with a mere fraction of Rich's power could overpower a Strontian as powerful as Xenith, What do you think Nova Prime could do? As is touched on in the comics with all the talk about gravimetrics, Nova's can manipulate gravitons. If they can manipulate gravitons, Nova should be able to make Sentry so heavy that he couldn't stand up, breathe or even open his eye's. Nova could surround Sentry with a gravimetric node and collapse the node - crushing the Sentry in on himself to the point where his mass forms a miniature black hole. Or he could simply BFR him via a stargate into the crunch or the Rip.

Nova wins. You seem to be arguing one ability in a cbr type manner.
Yes, he had aid in the form of Phyla Vell. That still took Annihilus' focus off of him. In their first encounter annihilus owned both he and Quasar hard.

No one on this board is going to side with Nova against Annihilus in a forum matchup.

Sentry will be on him like white on rice. Originally posted by dmills
On panel, Nova's durability feats trump Bobs. I listed a few of his durability feats in this thread.

As for your other question I don't know for sure if the OP was referring to Nova as he currently is with only around 80% of the Nova force, or Nova at full power. Doesn't really matter either way, Nova still wins. Do you think Nova could fly into repeated WW Hulk punches and still continue holding his own?

dmills
You seem to be arguing one ability in a cbr type manner.
Yes, he had aid in the form of Phyla Vell. That still took Annihilus' focus off of him. In their first encounter annihilus owned both he and Quasar hard.

No one on this board is going to side with Nova against Annihilus in a forum matchup.

Sentry will be on him like white on rice. Do you think Nova could fly into repeated WW Hulk punches and still continue holding his own?

Not arguing in a CBR fashion. These are all things that either Nova Prime himself or other Nova's have done on panel. The thread simply say's "Sentry vs Nova prime with worldmind, fight in space, who takes it?" There are no other stipulations. And furthermore, you seem to want Nova to fight like a brick the way Sentry does. Richard has the power to do it but that's not his style. He fights smart.

Are you saying WWH punches > Galactus annihilation wave blast?

Now, what's Bob going to do to stop himself from being BFR'd into the crunch?

quanchi112
Not arguing in a CBR fashion. These are all things that either Nova Prime himself or other Nova's have done on panel. The thread simply say's "Sentry vs Nova prime with worldmind, fight in space, who takes it?" There are no other stipulations. And furthermore, you seem to want Nova to fight like a brick the way Sentry does. Richard has the power to do it but that's not his style. He fights smart.

Are you saying WWH punches > Galactus annihilation wave blast?

Now, what's Bob going to do to stop himself from being BFR'd into the crunch? I'm saying that both the sentry and WW Hulk survive that blast if Nova did so.

If WW Hulk punches Nova he's going down and in a hurry.

Bob's millisecond reaction time and energy powers. Nova can't take much of the Sentry. The thing is most on kmc really don't respect the Sentry, but in this particular thread he is winning a comfortable majority. The reason is it's obvious Nova isn't in his power league yet.

dmills
I'm saying that both the sentry and WW Hulk survive that blast if Nova did so.

Then you just made my argument for me. If, according to your reasoning, Hulk and Sentry could survive it just because Nova could, then they all have at the very least equal durability. And if they have equal durability, then Nova can take WWH punches because Sentry did.

You can't have it both ways Quan. Stop cheating. cool

Why didn't his millisecond reaction time stop him from getting his face pounded into hamburger by WWH, punched into orbit by Blue Marvel or blasted off by a Marvel Boy gun? What makes you think that he will react quickly enough to avoid Nova, who has FTL speed and split second reflexes and combat speed?

Well then we'll just have to agree to disagree. Everything that I'm saying about Nova is on panel and with him in character. So when I say he'd open up a stargate and dump Sentry into it, it's because he's done something like it before. When has Sentry manipulated a stargate or any other type of gravitational anomaly that can open up holes in time and space? Sentry can manipulate light, not gravity.

quanchi112
Then you just made my argument for me. If, according to your reasoning, Hulk and Sentry could survive it just because Nova could, then they all have at the very least equal durability. And if they have equal durability, then Nova can take WWH punches because Sentry did.

You can't have it both ways Quan. Stop cheating. cool

Why didn't his millisecond reaction time stop him from getting his face pounded into hamburger by WWH, punched into orbit by Blue Marvel or blasted off by a Marvel Boy gun? What makes you think that he will react quickly enough to avoid Nova, who has FTL speed and split second reflexes and combat speed?

Well then we'll just have to agree to disagree. Everything that I'm saying about Nova is on panel and with him in character. So when I say he'd open up a stargate and dump Sentry into it, it's because he's done something like it before. When has Sentry manipulated a stargate or any other type of gravitational anomaly that can open up holes in time and space? Sentry can manipulate light, not gravity. No, I am saying if a character with far less durability can tank it a character with far greater durability survives as well.

It's true and you know it. The Hulk is out of nova's league.

Because he flew into the Hulk's punches and let loose. He will be flying into the Nova's personal space and will win this and pretty quickly imo.

Sentry throws him into the sun. If you want to just throw random occurrences out there I might as well argue godblast in every single Thor thread.

dmills
No, I am saying if a character with far less durability can tank it a character with far greater durability survives as well.

It's true and you know it. The Hulk is out of nova's league.

Because he flew into the Hulk's punches and let loose. He will be flying into the Nova's personal space and will win this and pretty quickly imo.

Sentry throws him into the sun. If you want to just throw random occurrences out there I might as well argue godblast in every single Thor thread. Everything that you just said is either demonstrably false or utterly ridiculous. We'll just have to agree to disagree then.

Nova wins.

quanchi112
Everything that you just said is demonstrably false and utterly ridiculous. We'll just have to agree to disagree then.

Nova wins. Not at all. Your stance is pretty ridiculous.

Sentry wins.

dmills
Not at all. Your stance is pretty reasonable.

Sentry whines. Fixed it for ya.cool

Thank you

Yes, he does. A lot.

quanchi112
Fixed it for ya.cool

Thank you

Yes, he does. A lot. This is an all out Sentry. I think Nova could show up Sentry when he holds back.

dmills
If you're talking about a pissed off voided out Sentry then yeah I agree Nova get's owned. Now what I'd REALLY love to see is a Voided out Sentry vs an insane Fully amped Nova ala supernova.

bbrem123
sentry all out beats any form of nova

Warlord
sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.