Maxima vs wonderWoman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BattleMage
The two worrior woman are bloodlusted,And are at each other's throat's. Who wins?

Prep-Man
Maxima.

Omega Vision
Wonder Woman, Maxima's primary advantage: Telepathy is negated by Wonder Woman's tiara.

Prep-Man
TK as well. She has held up entire continents with her TK and moved a space ship with her people in space at the speed of light, while creating a breathable atmosphere at the same time. She's very underrated. Plus strength to hang with Supes himself.

BattleMage
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Wonder Woman, Maxima's primary advantage: Telepathy is negated by Wonder Woman's tiara. And if it boiled down to brute strength, combat skill would you still say W.W.?

leonidas
it's close. they're in the same weight class, but i'd give the edge to ww. max could take a couple though, no doubt. i'm surprised the 2 never had a knock-down-drag-out somewhere.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by leonidas
it's close. they're in the same weight class, but i'd give the edge to ww. max could take a couple though, no doubt. i'm surprised the 2 never had a knock-down-drag-out somewhere.
Max wanted to so badly. She hated Wonder Woman.

vansonbee
Blood lusted = out of character, I say Maxima take the majority with telepathy abilities / TK attacks.

Their strength is near the same and speed is comparable/debatable.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by vansonbee
Blood lusted = out of character, I say Maxima take the majority with telepathy abilities / TK attacks.

Their strength is near the same and speed is comparable/debatable.
Wonder Woman is stronger than Maxima. And Faster. Maxima is very skilled in fighting as she was raised for it. Even bread for it. TP will do nothing I don't think.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by BattleMage
And if it boiled down to brute strength, combat skill would you still say W.W.?
More likely than not. Still would be one hell of a fight. Think Achilles vs Hector with Wonder Woman as Achilles. What I would love to see would be a three way brawl between Wonder Woman, Maxima, and Big Barda.

Konton
It's not the tiara that makes her immune to telepathy. It's her eye of pallas upgrade.

The more you know. =]

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Konton
It's not the tiara that makes her immune to telepathy. It's her eye of pallas upgrade.

The more you know. =]
Huh, and here I thought the tiara actually did something useful.

Konton
Tiara throw is useful.

It slices through everything.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Konton

The more you know. =] http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/the_more_you_know2.jpg

Writing this info down, BTW were these upgrades recent in WW V3? If so, what issue. Thanks

Which comic had WW slice off Ares head? smile

basilisk
Originally posted by leonidas

That is surprising. It would be a good fight, and I'd give Maxima a decent chance.

The only time I remember seeing them in a fight, Maxima just used her TP to put WW under mind control, so there was no brawling.

Prep-Man
Again, her TK should be enough to hold Diana at bay. She's done a lot with it.

Warlord
Maxima

Zeuodin
Originally posted by basilisk
That is surprising. It would be a good fight, and I'd give Maxima a decent chance.

The only time I remember seeing them in a fight, Maxima just used her TP to put WW under mind control, so there was no brawling. Yeah Before Wonder Woman got her resistance from the Goddess

tideoftime
Diana's gained her "pallas upgrade" before series 3/pre-infinite crisis; don't have my books with me, but it was after being blinded in the fight with Medusa, and the trials/tribulations of several issues after that. After a journy through Hades and aiding in Athena's plan to have Ares usurp Hades as the god of the underworld, Diana's sight was restored by Athena, who shared here "vision" with Wonder Woman (who ever since is not only extremely resistant to mind control -- much to Maxwell Lord's dismay -- she is also capable of seeing in pitch blackness and through the illusions/deceptions of even gods, with the slight drawback of not always understanding that there is an illusion to be perceived by others -- she doesn't perceive the phantasms of Dr. Psycho anymore even though others near her may, which can be a trouble if she is trying to understand what it is that is happening...)

As someone said above... The More You Know... (shooting star...)

EDIT: Oh, forgot to vote/weigh-in...

That is still a tough one. Each has demostrated incredible feats. Maxima's TK is formidable, and allows for ranged attacks. Diana is faster (despite what some people may believe) and a better fighter. Generally I would say a good match, with the average of victories going to whoever got the drop on the other first. And, of course, circumstances make a big deal, too (On an alien world/in space, Maxima without a doubt; in a more mythic setting or if well-prepared for full-on battle, Diana).

EDIT PART 2: Should clarify further about her "upgrade" -- the "vision of Athena" is conceptual as well as physical; Diana has demonstrated that *all* of her senses are enhanced to better understand the truth of a situation (while her vision related abilites are "strongest", she also understands when she has heard or otherwise been conveyed a falsehood). This ability, though, does seem to fluctuate slightly, and be somewhat dependant on the well-being of Athena, herself, as Diana did not penetrate the guise of Athena that Granny Goodness created back in "Amazons Attack"... though many people (myself very much included) wrote that off to bad writing/the shit that usually happens to Martian Manhunter.

For once, I would like to see Diana portrayed with the "wisdom of Athena" she has been touted with for almost 70 years of comics, and not have it simply be a "special effect" employed here and there in a more fan-boyish way...

(Getting off soapbox... returning hijacked thread to the public again...)

Eyeswithoutafac
Originally posted by Prep-Man
TK as well. She has held up entire continents with her TK and She's very underrated. Plus strength to hang with Supes himself. moved a space ship with her people in space at the speed of light, while creating a breathable atmosphere at the same time.

When did she do this? What issue?

shiv
Maxima Wins with a TK bubble in the brain. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.