Thanos vs. Despero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BattleMage
The best most powerful version's of both characters in a straight up fight. If anything goes what would be the outcome?

The Nuul
IG or Cosmic Cube stomps.

Omega Vision
Been done before. Also be careful when you say most powerful version, technically the most powerful Thanos was Omnipotent.

Slaanesh
Thanos

galactusischere
The mad Titan

supremthor
the most powerful version of thanos defeats almost anybody.

thanos-prime
Thanos

Bouboumaster
The most powerful Thanos dig a hole in the face of everyone unless you are the Presence or the TOAA.

iceman24567
Thanos stomps

Zeuodin
The most powerful Version of Despero would beat Thanos. Thanos would be using artifacts while Despero is powered by the flame of Pytar. Which still powers him.

Priest
Wut? What the f**k?

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Priest
Wut? What the f**k?
Despero got his powers from the Flame of Pytar. If can recreate the flame and use it to give him Reality Bending powers.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by Zeuodin
Despero got his powers from the Flame of Pytar. If can recreate the flame and use it to give him Reality Bending powers. Thanos at his most powerful was Omnipotent reality bending would have been nothing to him.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Thanos at his most powerful was Omnipotent reality bending would have been nothing to him.
No that was Thanos at someone else's most powerful. He isn't connected to the heart like Despero is to the flame. Thanos fans are kind of annoying around here. Really. sad

Lord Feron
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thanos stomps

Zeuodin
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thanos stomps He couldn't possibly. That would mean he could Stomp Superman, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Powergirl, Liberty Bell, and Hour man and Despero. Since Despero Stomped them. Thanos would have to be able to Stomp all of them plus Despero. Thanos isn't that powerful.

thanos-prime
No that was Thanos at someone else's most powerful. He isn't connected to the heart like Despero is to the flame. Thanos fans are kind of annoying around here. Really. sad He absorbed it and became omnipotent are you denying this?

thanos-prime
He couldn't possibly. That would mean he could Stomp Superman, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Powergirl, Liberty Bell, and Hour man and Despero. Since Despero Stomped them. Thanos would have to be able to Stomp all of them plus Despero. Thanos isn't that powerful. It's thanos at his most powerful which means thanos with the HOTU and he would stomp them into the ground.

Zeuodin
He absorbed it and became omnipotent are you denying this? It wasn't his. He isn't connected to it. And was it even him? I thought that was a big what if comic. Even in the official Thanos bio it says similiar events happened to the 616 Thanos but we don't know exactly which ones. I'm inclined to take that as a what if.

thanos-prime
It wasn't his. He isn't connected to it. And was it even him? I thought that was a big what if comic. Even in the official Thanos bio it says similiar events happened to the 616 Thanos but we don't know exactly which ones. I'm inclined to take that as a what if. It was not a what if he addressed it in his mini.And even if it were a what-If you still have him with the IG and cosmic cube.

Zeuodin
It was not a what if he addressed it in his mini.And even if it were a what-If you still have him with the IG and cosmic cube.
Those are powerups that he's not connected with. Despero recreates the flame of Pytar on his own because it still powers him.

Lord Feron
He couldn't possibly. That would mean he could Stomp Superman, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Powergirl, Liberty Bell, and Hour man and Despero. Since Despero Stomped them. Thanos would have to be able to Stomp all of them plus Despero. Thanos isn't that powerful.

could and would do that with ease... believe it cool

thanos-prime
Those are powerups that he's not connected with. Despero recreates the flame of Pytar on his own because it still powers him. He absorbed the cosmic cube into himself so he was connected to it and what does it matter if it's an artifact it is still one of his more powerful versions.

Zeuodin
He absorbed the cosmic cube into himself so he was connected to it and what does it matter if it's an artifact it is still one of his more powerful showings.
No. I'm sick of people using Thanos with power ups and planning as a gage of what he can do in forum battles. I've seen the most crazy arguments on here. What has he done on his own with no weapons, or power ups? Gotten his ass handed to him by Odin?

thanos-prime
No. I'm sick of people using Thanos with power ups and planning as a gage of what he can do in forum battles. I've seen the most crazy arguments on here. What has he done on his own with no weapons, or power ups? Gotten his ass handed to him by Odin? The op says most powerful version were not using normal thanos so bringing up what he has done has nothing to do with this thread.You don't like the stips don't come to the thread.

Zeuodin
The op says most powerful version were not using normal thanos so bringing up what he has done has nothing to do with this thread.You don't like the stips don't come to the thread. He meant the most powerful version of Thanos which would be the one right before he died. Not powerups. That should have been obvious to the normal non Thanos Fan.

galactusischere
He meant the most powerful version of Thanos which would be the one right before he died. Not powerups. That should have been obvious to the normal non Thanos Fan.
Exactlywhen did Thanos get hes ass kicked by Odin?
as I remember it was a stalemate(Odin had the upper hand SLIGHTLY)and keep in mind that was a pre-death thanos.

Lord Feron
No. I'm sick of people using Thanos with power ups and planning as a gage of what he can do in forum battles. I've seen the most crazy arguments on here. What has he done on his own with no weapons, or power ups? Gotten his ass handed to him by Odin?

did you even read the fight with Odin or you just like being wrong? Or your just a fibbin psycho? ONly choose one but if you have to be both I would believe you. big grin

Zeuodin
Originally posted by galactusischere
Exactlywhen did Thanos get hes ass kicked by Odin?
as I remember it was a stalemate(Odin had the upper hand SLIGHTLY)and keep in mind that was a pre-death thanos. LMAO Stalemate? Ha ha. not even.

thanos-prime
He meant the most powerful version of Thanos which would be the one right before he died. Not powerups. That should have been obvious to the normal non Thanos Fan. Yet It was non-Thanos fans who brought up the IG,Cosmic cube and such.And that's your interpretation of what me meant.

galactusischere
LMAO Stalemate? Ha ha. not even.
...ok show me scans in which Odin was giving thanos the beating of hes lifetime?

Omega Vision
Two things:
Zeuodin I think its meaningless to argue with these people and though in retrospect I'm sure the OP didn't mean Thanos with HOTU vs Despero that seems to be what the Thanos fans are dead set on.
Galactus: That's not a stalemate at all. Thanos didn't stalemate Odin, he took a beating and managed to survive it which is totally different from beating on Odin and fighting to a draw.

Nihilist
Thanos all day.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Look I don't think the OP intended for Thanos to have any artifacts what so ever. Fact is IMO standard Thanos vs Despero. Thanos takes the majority imo

BattleMage
It wasn't his. He isn't connected to it. And was it even him? I thought that was a big what if comic. Even in the official Thanos bio it says similiar events happened to the 616 Thanos but we don't know exactly which ones. I'm inclined to take that as a what if. Are you crazy?

Zeuodin
Originally posted by BattleMage
Are you crazy?
The Official Bio says it was similiar events. Sounds like a what if to me.

psycho gundam
No. I'm sick of people using Thanos with power ups and planning as a gage of what he can do in forum battles. I've seen the most crazy arguments on here. What has he done on his own with no weapons, or power ups? Gotten his ass handed to him by Odin? you've been here for a month, how are you already sick of stuff?

Zeuodin
Originally posted by psycho gundam
you've been here for a month, how are you already sick of stuff? Every single thread involving Thanos since I've been here has been ridiculous Thanos wankage. How are you going to tell me I can't be sick of stuff? Haven't you seen the crazy Thanos stuff? Really now.

Blanket
Originally posted by psycho gundam
you've been here for a month, how are you already sick of stuff? Or has he?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Blanket
Or has he?
Dun dun duhhh!!!! shifty

Lord Feron
Every single thread involving Thanos since I've been here has been ridiculous Thanos wankage. How are you going to tell me I can't be sick of stuff? Haven't you seen the crazy Thanos stuff? Really now.

it's okay.. just read some thanos comics and you will feel better to know that you were wrong the whole time and you only have yourself to blame. big grin

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Lord Feron
it's okay.. just read some thanos comics and you will feel better to know that you were wrong the whole time and you only have yourself to blame. big grin I've read almost every single comic with Thanos in it. And the ones I missed I saw in his respect thread. He is great. But most of his good stuff is from planning and preparation, outside power ups, etc. His best feature is durability.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I've read almost every single comic with Thanos in it. And the ones I missed I saw in his respect thread. He is great. But most of his good stuff is from planning and preparation, outside power ups, etc. His best feature is durability.

Really?

How about being very versatile with his powerset.. TK, TP, Matter/Energy Manipulation, Teleportation, his natural Eternal powers, very intelligent, good at h2h/MA, strong blasting and striking power. You think Thanos is all Durabilty?

Zeuodin
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Really?

How about being very versatile with his powerset.. TK, TP, Matter/Energy Manipulation, Teleportation, his natural Eternal powers, very intelligent, good at h2h/MA, strong blasting and striking power. You think Thanos is all Durabilty?

I think he is versatile like many others. Thor, Superman, Surfer, Martian Manhunter, Maxima etc. his greatest feats lie in prep and durability in my opinion.

Omega Vision
Really?

I think he's saying that Thanos' undeniable asset is durability while the other things you listed tend to be wanked to varying degrees. Certainly telepathy which he almost never uses offensively and yet is often given as a possible means to beat an opponent. Darkseid has mad offensive tp feats (particularly PC DS) but it almost never gets brought up in a Darkseid vs thread because all anyone cares about is the OE.
Same with teleportation, has he ever used it in a fight? And if so to what effect?

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I think he's saying that Thanos' undeniable asset is durability while the other things you listed tend to be wanked to varying degrees. Certainly telepathy which he almost never uses offensively and yet is often given as a possible means to beat an opponent. Darkseid has mad offensive tp feats (particularly PC DS) but it almost never gets brought up in a Darkseid vs thread because all anyone cares about is the OE.
Same with teleportation, has he ever used it in a fight? And if so to what effect? Exactly.

Naija boy

Thanos has used TP offensively before so it is a very valid tactic. PC darkseid having telepathy feats doesnt get referenced because people tend to ignore feats performed in the PC era due to the fact that characters are no longer portrayed that powerfully.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I think he is versatile like many others. Thor, Superman, Surfer, Martian Manhunter, Maxima etc. his greatest feats lie in prep and durability in my opinion.

Did you just compare Superman versatility with Thanos's? How do I get one of those face palm faces... Jesus!!

KuRuPT Thanosi
Same with teleportation, has he ever used it in a fight? And if so to what effect?

He has used TP offensively so that is the first myth that should be dispelled. Second, Teleportation he has used but never in a fight that I can recall. He really doesn't like using it via his natural eternal born powers, he prefers to use it via tech. So, no he hasn't used it in a fight but its still very well within his powerset to do so. Especially on KMC where he fights to full potential.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Naija boy
Thanos has used TP offensively before so it is a very valid tactic. PC darkseid having telepathy feats doesnt get referenced because people tend to ignore feats performed in the PC era due to the fact that characters are no longer portrayed that powerfully. Excuse me? Darkside has used telepathy on a grand scale just recently. He even Gave Kalibak Psy Omega effect beams. He also just depowered all of the New Gods and created his own world. That is more than he ever did in the PC days.

Omega Vision
He has used TP offensively so that is the first myth that should be dispelled. Second, Teleportation he has used but never in a fight that I can recall. He really doesn't like using it via his natural eternal born powers, he prefers to use it via tech. So, no he hasn't used it in a fight but its still very well within his powerset to do so. Especially on KMC where he fights to full potential.
Yeah but also going by KMC rules unless feats support it, a power doesn't mean much. That's the reason Dr. Manhattan, Sentry, and Superman-Prime 1Mil don't often do well in vs threads despite having implied uber abilities.

Zeuodin
Did you just compare Superman versatility with Thanos's? How do I get one of those face palm faces... Jesus!!
Superman has

Telepathy, Speed, Durability, vision powers, breath powers, energy powers, energy absorbtion powers, etc. Not only that, he's very versatile with each power. so yeah he's very versatile as well. I didn't say he was as versatile as Thanos. Hell Thanos isn't as versatile as Silver Surfer Thor or green lantern. Go figure.

Naija boy
Excuse me? Darkside has used telepathy on a grand scale just recently. He even Gave Kalibak Psy Omega effect beams. He also just depowered all of the New Gods and created his own world. That is more than he ever did in the PC days.

Did i say he hasnt? Why wont people just learn how to read. I was answering Omega visions claim of why people dont usually mention Darkseids PC days TP feats.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Naija boy
Did i say he hasnt? Why wont people just learn how to read. I was answering Omega visions claim of why people dont usually mention Darkseids PC days TP feats. DS hasn't been seen since his PC days Except for seven soldiers. That was made clear in Final Crisis. Seven Soldiers feats trump anything DS did in the PC days except owning the PC JLA. Also wasn't the great darkness after crisis?

Omega Vision
DS hasn't been seen since his PC days Except for seven soldiers. That was made clear in Final Crisis. Seven Soldiers feats trump anything DS did in the PC days except owning the PC JLA. Also wasn't the great darkness after crisis?
No it was one or two years before the crisis, though GDS or something like it has been retold as a Post Crisis Story.

Zeuodin
No it was one or two years before the crisis, though GDS or something like it has been retold as a Post Crisis Story. I saw it post crisis or something like what you are saying.

Omega Vision
I saw it post crisis or something like what you are saying.
The newer one wasn't nearly as good though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.