Elder Gods Vs Galactus AGAIN

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nicamarvin
ok I wanted to make this thread more interesting ok....

the Gods will have prep time but the battle takes place in neutral ground
Galactus is Normal Powered

1.Demogorge(most powerful, after eating most of the Eldergods of earth)

2. the Vishanti

3. Gea

4.Set/Chthon

5.FP Asguardian Destroyer(I think he is Above Elder Gods in FirePower)

so how this goes............. evil face

galactusischere
The devourer of worlds

nicamarvin
Originally posted by galactusischere
The devourer of worlds Wont be easy.... cool

galactusischere
Add in Cyttorak and it will be close.

AsbestosFlaygon
Tough fight.. but Galactus would still win.

Colossus-Big C
galactus was stalemated by 1 single elder god.
atum beats him

Utrigita
I see the combined Vishanti as the biggest problem, though I have no idea of their combined powerlevel outside their own dimension, the rest I honestly doesn't see as that great a challenge.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Utrigita
I see the combined Vishanti as the biggest problem, though I have no idea of their combined powerlevel outside their own dimension, the rest I honestly doesn't see as that great a challenge. demogorge>vishanti especialy because he has the power of hundreds if not thousands of elder gods inside of him

iceman24567
Galactus would eat Atum no expression He wins here.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by iceman24567
Galactus would eat Atum no expression He wins here.
even demgorge who has thousands of elder gods within him?
mind i tell you that 1 single elder god stalemated galactus.

i dont see galactus beating the power of 1,000 elder gods

iceman24567
1,000 elder gods that have done what?

The Nuul
Originally posted by nicamarvin
Wont be easy.... cool

SHUT UP..........mad

Colossus-Big C
1,000 elder gods that have done what? that was fighting each other and caused the instinction of the dinasours, nearly destroyed the planet(1 of them summon every single earth and all alternates and was going to destroy them all at once) only 2 escaped by creating a dimension to escape to. vishanti are elder gods . also mephisto stalemated galactus for while. mephisto was created by demogorge when he released some of his power.

p.s the elder gods created the great old ones i was told. shuma is a great old one not 100% on this tho

iceman24567
None of that compares to what Galactus has done erm

Colossus-Big C
None of that compares to what Galactus has done erm is this a hungry galactus? if so he loses

iceman24567
no expression

Colossus-Big C
no expression i was told vishanti is as powerful as 3 galactus.
if thats not right then dont blame me it was said in a thread i can show you it

iceman24567
facepalm So what if i say Galactus is more powerful than TOAA that doesn't make it true facepalm

Colossus-Big C
facepalm So what if i say Galactus is more powerful than TOAA that doesn't make it true facepalm it was said by a couple of people not 1 person

iceman24567
Still doesn't make it true the Agamotto fight proves this and Galactus was below normal level and it was in Agamotto's realm.

Colossus-Big C
Still doesn't make it true the Agamotto fight proves this and Galactus was below normal level and it was in Agamotto's realm. agamotto is only 1 being from vishanit theres two more beinngs in it

iceman24567
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
agamotto is only 1 being from vishanit theres two more beinngs in it facepalm

i was told vishanti is as powerful as 3 galactus.
if thats not right then dont blame me it was said in a thread i can show you it

facepalm So what if i say Galactus is more powerful than TOAA that doesn't make it true facepalm

Still doesn't make it true the Agamotto fight proves this and Galactus was below normal level and it was in Agamotto's realm.

shokosugi
Elder Gods 5.5/10

Utrigita
demogorge>vishanti especialy because he has the power of hundreds if not thousands of elder gods inside of him

http://marvel.com/universe/Vishanti

So I disagree abit. Also what is your point with Demogorge having hundreds of elder gods inside him? As Ice already pointed out them being elder gods doesn't make them special. If what they did in such a massive infight (hundreds of beings against each other) was "only" to nearly destroy the planet, SS and Morg have done more, since the two of them wrecked a planet in a fight.

boriquaking55
Galactus would beat all of these beings easily, at least if he is not starving

None of the elder gods/magical beings, etc....whatever you want to call them have any business trying to hang with abstract beings.

Galactus is an abstract being...sure he jobs, but people underrate him so much nowadays its sick

Colossus-Big C
http://marvel.com/universe/Vishanti

So I disagree abit. Also what is your point with Demogorge having hundreds of elder gods inside him? As Ice already pointed out them being elder gods doesn't make them special. If what they did in such a massive infight (hundreds of beings against each other) was "only" to nearly destroy the planet, SS and Morg have done more, since the two of them wrecked a planet in a fight. actualy they easliy could destroy a planet

Atum>>Elder gods>>Skfathers>>Thanos>>galactus heralds

but yea team 5.5/10

galactusischere
actualy they easliy could destroy a planet

but yea team 5.5/10
no...
Thanos before upgrade stalemated Odin(a serious fight though Odin had the SLIGHT upper hand)
After upgrade he should be equal to Odin or above.

Galactus 8/10

the Darkone
no...
Thanos before upgrade stalemated Odin(a serious fight though Odin had the SLIGHT upper hand)

Galactus 8/10

That is wrong, Thanos came back from the dead he had a upgrade pre-IG, during Avengers Celestial Quest he got his second upgrade.

Thanos will never be above Odin, even though he has two upgrades after his resurrection maybe his equal.

Galactus is greater than Atum/ Demogorge in every way possible, Galactus is a force of nature on a cosmic scale, to say Demogorge will win because he has 100 elders gods in him doesn't compare too the power Galactus has in him the power of the big bang. Eternity called Galactus his equal not Atum, even the elder Gods are subjected too the Celestails and some of them can rival Galactus in power. Galactus can literally absorb all the life force out Demogorge or turn him into a giant size Twinkie.

Utrigita
actualy they easliy could destroy a planet

but yea team 5.5/10

Based on what? because their combined brawl can possibly shatter a single planet you conclude that they could easily do it?

While that look very good from a initial standpoint it only serves to fit the average of each into their own catagory, and from what the Elder Gods (especially the ones Atum battled) have shown they isn't even classified as above SS based on their feats, but however just like their is different levels of skyfathers I also assume that just because you is a Elder God it doesn't per say make you = Seth ore Chton. For all we know the majority of the elder gods atum devoured could be around ore below Thor level, and may still be called elder gods simply because they was their before the asgardians and Co.

Colossus-Big C
Based on what? because their combined brawl can possibly shatter a single planet you conclude that they could easily do it?

While that look very good from a initial standpoint it only serves to fit the average of each into their own catagory, and from what the Elder Gods (especially the ones Atum battled) have shown they isn't even classified as above SS based on their feats, but however just like their is different levels of skyfathers I also assume that just because you is a Elder God it doesn't per say make you = Seth ore Chton. For all we know the majority of the elder gods atum devoured could be around ore below Thor level, and may still be called elder gods simply because they was their before the asgardians and Co.

k.

but set and chthon are Far greater than any skyfather.
feat wise. chthon is so powerful that for him to come to earth he would need a massive portal. he's the most powerful as he masterd chaos magic

set grew into a solar system sized serpant and summoned every single earth including all alternates and was going to destroy them in a blink of an eye

Colossus-Big C
galactus was stalemated by mephisto in his realm.
atum had mephisto crapping his pants when he went in there and just ate him...

WhiteWitchKing

The majority of Elder Gods were b!tches. There's only a handful of them that are worth talking about. Set and Chthon were killing the lot of them left and right and grew powerful as they continued to absorb their essence. Your average Elder God is the equivalent of your average Asgardian or Olympian. If the Elder Gods were a pantheon, Demiurge would be Odin, Atum would be Rune King Thor, Gaea would be Frigya, Chthon would be Loki, and Set would be the Midgard Serpent.

The Vishanti's are another matter. They may be Elder Gods but they're entirely a different group by now. Unlike Chthon and Set, they didn't gain power by absorbing other gods; it's by learning and writing they're magic. They're more like Those Who Sit From Above relative to the other Elder Gods.

Nah. The title only gets you so far. Galactus can be beaten by these beings.

Galactus was at normal levels. People should stop bringing this up as some kind of excuse. Unless I miss apart during that issue or before where it's stated Galactus was below normal levels or was hungry, Agamotto stalemated normal Galactus. Dr Strange pointed out that Galactus' would lose if he continued to underestimate Agamotto. In no way did he indicate Galactus' was weak in any way.

Agamotto had they advantage of his realm but with his two other allies plus the Elder Gods, Galactus is going down hard. The deities and gods win this 8/10 due to the Vishantis. They don't need prep time to beat Galactus. With prep tho, it's 10/10.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
The majority of Elder Gods were b!tches. There's only a handful of them that are worth talking about. Set and Chthon were killing the lot of them left and right and grew powerful as they continued to absorb their essence. Your average Elder God is the equivalent of your average Asgardian or Olympian. If the Elder Gods were a pantheon, Demiurge would be Odin, Atum would be Rune King Thor, Gaea would be Frigya, Chthon would be Loki, and Set would be the Midgard Serpent.

The Vishanti's are another matter. They may be Elder Gods but they're entirely a different group by now. Unlike Chthon and Set, they didn't gain power by absorbing other gods; it's by learning and writing they're magic. They're more like Those Who Sit From Above relative to the other Elder Gods.

Galactus was at normal levels. People should stop bringing this up as some kind of excuse. Unless I miss apart during that issue or before where it's stated Galactus was below normal levels or was hungry, Agamotto stalemated normal Galactus. Dr Strange pointed out that Galactus' would lose if he continued to underestimate Agamotto. In no way did he indicate Galactus' was weak in any way.

Agamotto had they advantage of his realm but with his two other allies plus the Elder Gods, Galactus is going down hard. The deities and gods win this 8/10 due to the Vishantis. They don't need prep time to beat Galactus. With prep tho, it's 10/10.

Chthon would be loki?
no expression you have people like dormammu using chthon spells to over take earth and collaps a universe...
demogorge would be odin? WTF
they guy beat mephisto in his own realm.
were do you get this bull?
Even set has taken over alternate universe, with ease
vishanti's main purpose is oppose chthon and his darkhold.
Chthon=vishanti
Gaea is far more powerful than any asgardian as all earth gods are decended from her.
LOL

K Von Doom
galactus was stalemated by mephisto in his realm.

That was a stalemate? Really?

WhiteWitchKing
Chthon would be loki?
no expression you have people like dormammu using chthon spells to over take earth and collaps a universe...

LOL. They all use each others spells. It doesn't say Chthon is more powerful than Dormammu. And yeah, Chthon would be Loki seeing as Atum has matched him in power and would eat him in his Demogorge form (RKT).

Demiurge would be Odin. Do you have some kind of reading comprehension?

What dimension has he taken over? Even Thoth, Set's nephew and son of Atum, battled Set in the outskirts dimension for milleniums.

LOL. You mean the book of the Vishantis, not the Vishanti's themselves. They're rival is the Trinity of Ashes.

LOL. Maybe they're books but Chthon ain't an equal to the Vishanti. At best, he's an equal to the individual members.

LMAO. First off, it was a metaphorical comparison. Secondly, Gaea is not more than Odin or Rune King Thor. That's like saying Gaea is more powerful than Atum because he decedended from her. Gaea needed Atum because she couldn't stop the other Elder Gods. Odin has feats upon feats that would put him over Gaea. You don't have enough feats to support you damn statement that Gaea is greater than Odin or Rune King Thor so just stop rambling.

Colossus-Big C
LOL. They all use each others spells. It doesn't say Chthon is more powerful than Dormammu. And yeah, Chthon would be Loki seeing as Atum has matched him in power and would eat him in his Demogorge form (RKT).

Demiurge would be Odin. Do you have some kind of reading comprehension?

What dimension has he taken over? Even Thoth, Set's nephew and son of Atum, battled Set in the outskirts dimension for milleniums.

LOL. You mean the book of the Vishantis, not the Vishanti's themselves. They're rival is the Trinity of Ashes.

LOL. Maybe they're books but Chthon ain't an equal to the Vishanti. At best, he's an equal to the individual members.

LMAO. First off, it was a metaphorical comparison. Secondly, Gaea is not more than Odin or Rune King Thor. That's like saying Gaea is more powerful than Atum because he decedended from her. Gaea needed Atum because she couldn't stop the other Elder Gods. Odin has feats upon feats that would put him over Gaea. You don't have enough feats to support you damn statement that Gaea is greater than Odin or Rune King Thor so just stop rambling.
What the....
demiurge is noting but a representation of earths life force, its not a physical being,
Demogorge or atum would rapestomp odin.
set was influencing 6 alternate universes containing earth

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1072468-seteldergod7_super.jpg lets see the midgard serpant do that.
each member of vishanti are greater than odin,
vishanti actually battled chthon to a stalemate.
most elder gods are above odin..
scarlet witch with chthon powers was reality warping the universe.lets see loki do that
atum is above vishanti. he feeds off of god energy so he would just drain it of power

all pantheons come from gaea, she is more powerful.
chthon because of his vast energy cannot even leave his dimension, because no portal would be big enough.

atum beat mephisto and absorbed his realm.
lets see odin do that........

also the midgard serpant is Sets Grandson

Colossus-Big C

i agree with this

Batman-Prime

thumb up

WhiteWitchKing
What the....
demiurge is noting but a representation of earths life force, its not a physical being,

LOL. It doesn't have to be a physical being, it's a sentient life force. Who do you think Gaea pleaded to and mated to bring forth Atum?

What compare of metaphor don't you understand? Go google up metaphor. And Demogorge beating beat Odin is a duh!

What issue is this this happening in? I have my copies of Atlantis Attacks and having trouble finding this panel. Better yet, why don't you post the entire page where this is happening as well.

Do what? Did you even comprehend my post? Oi.

Aside from the handful of Elder Gods, the rest are shit. That's my entire argument but somehow this goes over your head. The elder gods are like any pantheon; their power levels very broadly across the board.

Thanks for the obvious.

What book and issue numbers?

LOL. Certainly not Gaea though.

Gawd. When did I ever say Chthon is Loki's equal? Secondly, Scarlet Witch was doing something even Chthon couldn't. The highest level of magic is Lord Chaos and Master Order. Both Dormammu and Odin, representives of Order and Chaos were battling this out in a chess game. Chthon is but one of the Lords of Chaos. He might have learned and written some of this but Lord Chaos has existed prior to Chthon. Please don't attribute Wanda's feat with Chthon's because then you might as well attribute Atum's feat to Gaea.

Where did I argue for or against this point?

LOL. So she's more powerful than Atum right? The Eternals came from her? Also, the pantheon of Earth gods didn't come directly from her. After Demogorge had defeated the last of the Elder Gods, he unleashed they're energy upon the Earth and created a new generation of gods. The current gods came about from the energies of the devoured Elder Gods. Please get you facts straight.

So? It just means he doesn't have enough power to travel out of that dimension. If LT, Eternity, Chaos, or one of the higher deities wanted they would open up a portal that Chthon can escape his dimension from.

Yup, you definitely can't comprehend what I wrote.

And?

leonidas

this.

Omega Vision
no...

Galactus 8/10
Slight upper hand? Odin didn't have a scratch on him and Thanos could barely stand. I suppose you also think that in Watchmen Ozymandias had a slight upper hand on Rorschach. To lose a battle you don't necessarily have to die or even fall unconscious. I've been in about ten fist fights that I can remember and I've lost half of them. In not one of them did I die (obviously) or black out but I admit I lost unambiguously.

Colossus-Big C
LOL. It doesn't have to be a physical being, it's a sentient life force. Who do you think Gaea pleaded to and mated to bring forth Atum?

What compare of metaphor don't you understand? Go google up metaphor. And Demogorge beating beat Odin is a duh!

What issue is this this happening in? I have my copies of Atlantis Attacks and having trouble finding this panel. Better yet, why don't you post the entire page where this is happening as well.

Do what? Did you even comprehend my post? Oi.

Aside from the handful of Elder Gods, the rest are shit. That's my entire argument but somehow this goes over your head. The elder gods are like any pantheon; their power levels very broadly across the board.

Thanks for the obvious.

What book and issue numbers?

LOL. Certainly not Gaea though.

Gawd. When did I ever say Chthon is Loki's equal? Secondly, Scarlet Witch was doing something even Chthon couldn't. The highest level of magic is Lord Chaos and Master Order. Both Dormammu and Odin, representives of Order and Chaos were battling this out in a chess game. Chthon is but one of the Lords of Chaos. He might have learned and written some of this but Lord Chaos has existed prior to Chthon. Please don't attribute Wanda's feat with Chthon's because then you might as well attribute Atum's feat to Gaea.

Where did I argue for or against this point?

LOL. So she's more powerful than Atum right? The Eternals came from her? Also, the pantheon of Earth gods didn't come directly from her. After Demogorge had defeated the last of the Elder Gods, he unleashed they're energy upon the Earth and created a new generation of gods. The current gods came about from the energies of the devoured Elder Gods. Please get you facts straight.

So? It just means he doesn't have enough power to travel out of that dimension. If LT, Eternity, Chaos, or one of the higher deities wanted they would open up a portal that Chthon can escape his dimension from.

Yup, you definitely can't comprehend what I wrote.

And?

oh. i misunderstood you then.
but chthon is considerd the most powerful chaos magic user (under lord chaos of course) hes been using wanda as a focal point of his magic

WhiteWitchKing
oh. i misunderstood you then.
but chthon is considerd the most powerful chaos magic user (under lord chaos of course) hes been using wanda as a focal point of his magic

No, Chthon isn't the considered the most powerful. Dormammu and Shuma Gorath are beings that's been referred to as Lords of Chaos.

Eternal Idol
Galactus ftw.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Slight upper hand? Odin didn't have a scratch on him and Thanos could barely stand. I suppose you also think that in Watchmen Ozymandias had a slight upper hand on Rorschach. To lose a battle you don't necessarily have to die or even fall unconscious. I've been in about ten fist fights that I can remember and I've lost half of them. In not one of them did I die (obviously) or black out but I admit I lost unambiguously. Odin was winning, but Thanos had a lot left in the tank imo. We have seen battles turn in comics as well.

Utrigita

I'm not entirely sure but I believe that Nova stated to the Silver Surfer that Galactus hadn't been eating for some time and she didn't know when he would go look for substance, this is all from loose memory though.

I was under the impression that is was a gauntlet and that each contestent had prep before engaging Galactus.

Colossus-Big C
No, Chthon isn't the considered the most powerful. Dormammu and Shuma Gorath are beings that's been referred to as Lords of Chaos. chthon is also one of the lords of chaos, his name and feats says it all, also dormammu uses chthons spells, scarlet witch also is powered by chthon since her birth.

galactusischere
chthon is also one of the lords of chaos, his name and feats says it all, also dormammu uses chthons spells, scarlet witch also is powered by chthon since her birth.

True

WhiteWitchKing
chthon is also one of the lords of chaos, his name and feats says it all, also dormammu uses chthons spells, scarlet witch also is powered by chthon since her birth.

They all use each others magic. The laws of magic are written and by these beings and tapped by those who can access them. Dormammu using Chthon's spells doesn't say that Chthon is more powerful than Dormammu or even his equal. Secondly, the Scarlet Witch's feat went beyond anything Chthon's done. A Chthon that's manifested in Quicksilver didn't even come close to what Scarlet Witch did. The Chaos Cascade was plantery while Scarlet's Chaos Wave was warping at least the universe. Whatever she became, she obviously exceeded him.

Colossus-Big C
They all use each others magic. The laws of magic are written and by these beings and tapped by those who can access them. Dormammu using Chthon's spells doesn't say that Chthon is more powerful than Dormammu or even his equal. Secondly, the Scarlet Witch's feat went beyond anything Chthon's done. A Chthon that's manifested in Quicksilver didn't even come close to what Scarlet Witch did. The Chaos Cascade was plantery while Scarlet's Chaos Wave was warping at least the universe. Whatever she became, she obviously exceeded him. when chthon used quck silver as a vessal it was only a tiney fraction of his power, the guy can never fully come to 616 universe ever again, because vishanti and gaea and every new sourceror supreme are blocking him from ever entering(banished)
also scarlet witch is directley powered by chthon its in the comics, when scarlet witch was born she was only a mutant(no magic), chthon powered her so she can use magic, her magic comes directly from chthon, he even considered her as his avatarhttp://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/chthonother5.jpg , also chthon>dormammu as dormammu couldnt take earth under his own power so he used chthons spells. dont under estimate chthon , in the comics were the elder gods formed, it clearly had chthon as "The Lord Of Chaos Magic" most users using chaos magic eventually loses there soul to him.
a sourceror supreme using his chthons book once reality warped the entire 616 universe making that a whole species of demons never even existed

mystic arcana magik#1 chthon easily defeats oshtur(part of vishanti)

Colossus-Big C
mystic arcana:grimme vishanti fails to destroy chthons dark hold, dr strange is nearly killed by chthons mere presence

WhiteWitchKing
when chthon used quck silver as a vessal it was only a tiney fraction of his power, the guy can never fully come to 616 universe ever again, because vishanti and gaea and every new sourceror supreme are blocking him from ever entering(banished)
also scarlet witch is directley powered by chthon its in the comics, when scarlet witch was born she was only a mutant(no magic), chthon powered her so she can use magic, her magic comes directly from chthon, he even considered her as his avatarhttp://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/chthonother5.jpg

Uh, Wanda's mutant ability to access magic is what makes her so potent, that's why Chthon did not want to lose her to Set.

In House of M and Disassemble, Strange denied Chaos Magic's existence under Bendis. Before Busiek, Wanda's power was just mutant and not magic. It was under Bendis that her reality warping powers manifested. Busiek pushed that her powers are magic. Under him, it wasn't Chaos Magic. Slott had to retcon that bit about Chaos Magic not existing in his current Mighty Avengers run. Even in Magic Arcana, it's mentioned that Wanda's ability to mix science (mutant born power) and magic would mean she'd have no limits. In that same arc, Chthon was able to take control of her for an instance. However, later it's mentioned that when she actually studies magic she'd could break Chthon's bonds. The last we've seen of Wanda is dead. Whatever her type of power possessed in House of M she's now beyond Chthon by this point - Chthon saw this potential.

?Where are you getting this idea that Dormammu couldn't take Earth without Chthon's spells? When Dr. Dormammu manifested in Strange's body, he took over all of Earth and called upon the sorcerers of 616 to be his lackeys.

Off the top of my head the Living Tribunal has used the Shield of Seraphim to bind Dr. Strange. Does that mean LT is weaker than the Seraphims because he called upon that spell? Your argument is pretty silly.

What book was this from? I'd love to look that up.

What page are you talking about? I looked through it and saw NOTHING.

And what page in this book are you referencing? Ian with the cornerstones beat Chthon, who was posing as Oshtur.

Colossus-Big C
Uh, Wanda's mutant ability to access magic is what makes her so potent, that's why Chthon did not want to lose her to Set.

In House of M and Disassemble, Strange denied Chaos Magic's existence under Bendis. Before Busiek, Wanda's power was just mutant and not magic. It was under Bendis that her reality warping powers manifested. Busiek pushed that her powers are magic. Under him, it wasn't Chaos Magic. Slott had to retcon that bit about Chaos Magic not existing in his current Mighty Avengers run. Even in Magic Arcana, it's mentioned that Wanda's ability to mix science (mutant born power) and magic would mean she'd have no limits. In that same arc, Chthon was able to take control of her for an instance. However, later it's mentioned that when she actually studies magic she'd could break Chthon's bonds. The last we've seen of Wanda is dead. Whatever her type of power possessed in House of M she's now beyond Chthon by this point - Chthon saw this potential.

?Where are you getting this idea that Dormammu couldn't take Earth without Chthon's spells? When Dr. Dormammu manifested in Strange's body, he took over all of Earth and called upon the sorcerers of 616 to be his lackeys.

Off the top of my head the Living Tribunal has used the Shield of Seraphim to bind Dr. Strange. Does that mean LT is weaker than the Seraphims because he called upon that spell? Your argument is pretty silly.

What book was this from? I'd love to look that up.

What page are you talking about? I looked through it and saw NOTHING.

And what page in this book are you referencing? Ian with the cornerstones beat Chthon, who was posing as Oshtur.

wanda had no magic at birth her mutant power is to affect probability,"Chthon struck down Russoff and bonded to a newborn, the future Scarlet Witch". then her ability was both probability and chaos magic
also dr strange only thinks chaos magic doesnt exist(who was also nearly killed by chthons full presence), it exist and it is mastered by chthon who spent billions of years 9all his life)studying and mastering dark/chaos magic, also the cournerstones destroyed the very fabric of magic, thats why chthon was defeated.
chthon created what we call zombies, the unliving was made possible by his magic. the zombie virus was also made by him.
also a sourceror, used the dark hold and made it so vampires always existed.(reality warped).

Marvel tiers chart has, Shuma-Gorath, Cyttorak,set and Chthon in the same tier, scarlet witch at her prime is 1 tier below.
this is also from handbooks.

Chthon possess a mastery of Chaos magic on a greater scale than anyone in the known universe. His magical power is on a scale that defies description. He is the author of The Darkhold, an indestructible compilation of magical parchments.
official handbook of the marvel universe deleux edition#2
silver surfer annual#2/5

Colossus-Big C
also Dormammu invoked the Cauldron of Chthon in a spell as he attempted to plunge the Earth into permanent darkness. he couldnt do it under his own power

WhiteWitchKing
wanda had no magic at birth her mutant power is to affect probability,"Chthon struck down Russoff and bonded to a newborn, the future Scarlet Witch". then her ability was both probability and chaos magic

She exceeds him now. In the Arcana books, it's pointed out that she can break the bond. She's beyond him now. Unless you want to bring up any relevant feat of his that comes close to her House M feats.

Bendis was denying that Chaos Magic is the reason for her powers. He was tying her reality warping powers to her mutant powers, not magic. Hence, there's not such thing as Chaos Magic. It's Bendis who gave her reality warping powers on that level. What her status now is unknown regarding what her abilities are. But she definitely exceeds Chthon.

LMAO. The fabric of magic was unbalanced due to the War of the Seven Spheres. The Cornerstones were used to beat Chthon and fix magic laws, not destroy it.

So?

LOL. Wut? Chthon and Cyttorak may be on the same tier but not with Shuma Gorath. SW is above Chthon and Cyttorak.

?More than Lord Chaos?

ROFL. So does every other demon and gods and space deities.

So? I'm still waiting for you to provide the pages where Chthon defeats Oshtur.

Colossus-Big C

?More than Lord Chaos?

lord choas is the embodiment of chaos magic,
he doesnt use it, he IS it

also, you dont know for sure that scarlet witch is beyond him now, sence most of the guys feats he was either using a host(stripping him of power) or the darkhold. he claimed he could have bring the unverse to his knees, but he was only using qucik silver as a host who got stopped, but if he was succesful he would of fully summond himself back...

im pretty sure hes either close or on agamottos level. how does galactus beat beings that are individualy as powerful as a hungry galactus?

zom1967
I just heard that an omega mutant named legion killed most of the elder gods.And that Atum and geae were spared,franklin Richards is beyond omega mutant,and Galactus after eating 4 planets(not a whole lot) is equal in power to him(f.f 603-4).Seems to me after a couple of nice size planets,Galactus could smash this crew no problem.Atum only has the power of a stay before eating gods.I wouldn`t exactly call him or his siblings galaxy busters.Odin and zues,together could take any one of them.

Supra
Galactus gets stoped but not killed.

Epicurus
Originally posted by zom1967
I just heard that an omega mutant named legion killed most of the elder gods.And that Atum and geae were spared,franklin Richards is beyond omega mutant,and Galactus after eating 4 planets(not a whole lot) is equal in power to him(f.f 603-4).Seems to me after a couple of nice size planets,Galactus could smash this crew no problem.Atum only has the power of a stay before eating gods.I wouldn`t exactly call him or his siblings galaxy busters.Odin and zues,together could take any one of them.
Those elder gods were kind of meh. The rest of your post is ABC logic.

operator616
Yeah, those elder gods are featless and unimpressive.

Sure, they were regarded as a "universal threat" (in a later issue of uncanny x-men, it's even stated that they could have destroyed the universe), but when it comes to feats/showings.....we get a different picture. That's exactly what happened back in the day when their origins were depicted. In the issues of Magik/Ka-zar it's revealed that the elder gods are a threat to the entire universe, only to learn in Thor Annual that all of them got stomped by a skyfather-level character, Atum/Demogorge.

Btw, The elder gods were also featured in X-Infernus, 2 years before Legion erased them. That's where Nightcrawler, Colossus and Wolverine managed to hold their own against those elder gods, for a couple of pages.....

Although, they have impressive portrayals, which was in the Conan the Barbarian stories; they were actually shown to be multiversal there. But on the other hand, that's not their average, we know that Atum was stomping all of the elder gods, and he's just a skyfather-level character. That's also evident by the constant unimpressive portrayal of elder gods such as Chthon, Set, etc...

zom1967
Thanks for the info(operator616)I was impressed that three x-men put up a hell of a fight.And writers do seem to overstate the threat level of the villain.Yet their near omnipotent power is hardly ever actually displayed.By the way,I posted this info on 4 or 5 threads and no one bothered to reply.I guess there still upset about what happened to most of the elder gods?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.