Superman and Wonder Woman vs Thor and Gladiator.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Konton
Standard equipment. Diana gets the gauntlets of atlas in addition her usual tools.

Glads is 100% confident at the start of the fight.

-Pr-
mmm

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Konton
Standard equipment. Diana gets the gauntlets of atlas in addition her usual tools.

Glads is 100% confident at the start of the fight.
So basically Wonder Woman gives Superman one of her Gauntlet and they beat Thor and Gladiator senseless?

xJLxKing
If this is the same Gauntlet that give Diana 10x strength, then T1

Zeuodin
Originally posted by xJLxKing
If this is the same Gauntlet that give Diana 10x strength, then T1 LOL he gave her both of the guantlets. Now she can share.

Konton
Diana doesn't get to share her equipment with Superman. lol

tideoftime
If Diana has the gauntlets, then Diana and Superman (remember, though, that even beneficial magic can screw with Clark's powers, and if Diana shared the gauntlet(s), then it might only magnify his *mortal* strength... not a definite, but a distinct possibility...). However, the gauntlet proviso is a bit of a presumption; saying she can use them, you may as well say Thor can use his belt. Assuming only standard equipment, it is a nigh draw of a fight: Superman would naturally try to avoid Thor's hammer/lightening as much as possible, and focus on Gladiator, while Diana runs interference with Thor. Without getting into exact combat odds/divisions (my head hurts and I am tired), I would say Diana falls first, followed by Gladiator (who was taken down by Diana's lasso or Tiara before she fell unconscious or died), and Thor falling to Superman as Supes himself falls to one last blow from Mjolner in the struggle. If anyone survives to tell the tail, albeit in a very ****ed up state, it will be Gladiator (as long as his self confidence held out, which is not a definite...) as he doesn't have Clark's vulnerability to magical attacks, and therefore is the most "survivable" of this *specific* combat encounter...

shokosugi
Team 1 with or without the gauntlets

BattleMage
Godblast destroys team 1.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by BattleMage
Godblast destroys team 1.
Now how in the hell is he going to use the God blast on Two Superfast moving targets? Has he ever? And how is the God blast going to get past Wonder Woman's shields? It would be just as easy to say T-Vo destroys team two. Or Godwave destroys team two. be realistic.

Kris Blaze
Thor's godblast would hit, and there's no way he'd use it against Superman or Wonder Woman.

xJLxKing
I say it wouldn't hit. Superman can become Intangible, and he is fast. Same goes for WW

Kris Blaze
I say it wouldn't hit. Superman can become Intangible, and he is fast. Same goes for WW
Becoming intangible seems like a fairly unlikely way of dodging an energy attack infused with Thor's life force. Considering it'd be similar to the magic in mjolnir, which hit invisible guys, and how Thor hit that energy-based Dark God with it.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Becoming intangible seems like a fairly unlikely way of dodging an energy attack infused with Thor's life force. Considering it'd be similar to the magic in mjolnir, which hit invisible guys, and how Thor hit that energy-based Dark God with it. Why would they need to become intangible when they are both so fast they could just Knock Thor out while he' concentrates to use it. I've never seen him rapid fire the GB. Also why wouldn't wonder woman just redirect the blast back at Thor or at Gladiator? It is NOT getting thru her shield.

tideoftime
I have to agree: Superman's "intangible" defense is marginal, at best, in this regard... (which is why Diana is running interference with Thor, as she can actually stand against that sort of attack longer/better than Clark can, hopefully buying time for him to stun/waylay Gladiator... *hopefully*)

Zeuodin
Originally posted by tideoftime
I have to agree: Superman's "intangible" defense is marginal, at best, in this regard... (which is why Diana is running interference with Thor, as she can actually stand against that sort of attack longer/better than Clark can, hopefully buying time for him to stun/waylay Gladiator... *hopefully*) Or the Three engage in Hyper Speed Combat in the Air. To my knowlege Thor cannot fly. He has to be pulled by his hammer. That isn't quite effective for aerial battle.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Zeuodin
Why would they need to become intangible when they are both so fast they could just Knock Thor out while he' concentrates to use it. I've never seen him rapid fire the GB. Also why wouldn't wonder woman just redirect the blast back at Thor or at Gladiator? It is NOT getting thru her shield.

Diana certainly can block such an attack, but redirecting the attack back at Thor (or another target, like Gladiator) would be challenging, even though it is one of her well known and effective tactics, as an attack of such power is not easy to (re)direct, even for Diana...

But I concur: Diana can resist the GB, as she has repelled attacks of that magnitude several times in the past... though if she's doing that, she's not in a position to be doing much else, except press back agains the attacker...

xJLxKing
Becoming intangible seems like a fairly unlikely way of dodging an energy attack infused with Thor's life force. Considering it'd be similar to the magic in mjolnir, which hit invisible guys, and how Thor hit that energy-based Dark God with it.
That really doesn't mean GB will also hit

Zeuodin
Diana certainly can block such an attack, but redirecting the attack back at Thor (or another target, like Gladiator) would be challenging, even though it is one of her well known and effective tactics, as an attack of such power is not easy to (re)direct, even for Diana...

But I concur: Diana can resist the GB, as she has repelled attacks of that magnitude several times in the past... though if she's doing that, she's not in a position to be doing much else, except press back agains the attacker...
The thing is, Thor doesn't do much when he's using the GB. It is like he's concentrating. He'd be open for an attack just by trying to use the GB. And Wondy has controlled the direction of the Combined might of the Greek pantheon, I'm sure she can redirect the GB. Both would literally be concentrating on the ultimate attack/defense move. While Superman changes the wave length of his heat vision to the same radiation that harms Gladiator.

tideoftime
Or the Three engage in Hyper Speed Combat in the Air. To my knowlege Thor cannot fly. He has to be pulled by his hammer. That isn't quite effective for aerial battle.

Oh, definitely -- Thor could conceivably match general air speeds with them, but has nowhere near any of the other three's maneuvering when in the air (though he *can* hover in place, and then change direction -- seen him do that on a number of occasions).

tideoftime
The thing is, Thor doesn't do much when he's using the GB. It is like he's concentrating. He'd be open for an attack just by trying to use the GB. And Wondy has controlled the direction of the Combined might of the Greek pantheon, I'm sure she can redirect the GB. Both would literally be concentrating on the ultimate attack/defense move. While Superman changes the wave length of his heat vision to the same radiation that harms Gladiator.

I suppose we're saying much of the same thing, just in slightly different ways: when I say "Diana runs interference with Thor", that's what I'm getting at, for the most part.

However, Supes HV trick may not be an instant catch-all, just as a similar trick used against him (via red solar radiation) doesn't always result in any sort of "insta-kill". Gladiator is supposed to be a *conceptual* answer to Superman, in many ways, and while I think Clark has the edge, much like a battle between him and Diana, things aren't so clear cut. Gladiator and Superman could go rounds in most conventional terms.

I still stand by my "median" answer of mutual ass-whooping (though if the original point of Diana's gauntlets applied, this would be over in relatively short order...)

EDIT: Oh, and as far as Wonder Woman redirecting: it is *possible*, but not a reliable tactic in this regard; remember, when she did re-direct the combined god-power of the greek gods, it almost knocked her off her feet, and she was just doing a gross re-direct to a large, unmoving target. Neither Thor nor Gladiator are "large, unmoving targets" in that sense... unless, of course, Clark can get Gladiator into a position/hold, but then that can get Supes screwed, himself... again, not as simple as it seems... (I have also seen Diana's redirected attacks not always hit an intended target, but miss and hit the ground/wall, etc...)

Zeuodin
I suppose we're saying much of the same thing, just in slightly different ways: when I say "Diana runs interference with Thor", that's what I'm getting at, for the most part.

However, Supes HV trick may not be an instant catch-all, just as a similar trick used against him (via red solar radiation) doesn't always result in any sort of "insta-kill". Gladiator is supposed to be a *conceptual* answer to Superman, in many ways, and while I think Clark has the edge, much like a battle between him and Diana, things aren't so clear cut. Gladiator and Superman could go rounds in most conventional terms.

I still stand by my "median" answer of mutual ass-whooping (though if the original point of Diana's gauntlets applied, this would be over in relatively short order...) I agree. She's literally shatter The other team with one punch. The gauntlets were over kill.

Sasaraixx
Gauntlets are overkill. Team 1.

Lord Feron
The Gauntlet gives T1 the win.....

khazra
Thor using a godblast is as likely as supes goinig intangible in this fight. They might happen 1/50 fights at most.

If the gauntelst literally increase yor strength by x10 than team 1 take it. However, if thats hyperbole than the fight is more debateable (depening on the gauntlets feats, the only i know of is cassie using them against myx's doomsday)

Zeuodin
Originally posted by khazra
Thor using a godblast is as likely as supes goinig intangible in this fight. They might happen 1/50 fights at most.

If the gauntelst literally increase yor strength by x10 than team 1 take it. However, if thats hyperbole than the fight is more debateable (depening on the gauntlets feats, the only i know of is cassie using them against myx's doomsday)
Wonder Woman used it to shatter the Doomsday beast after it was literally shaking off blows and kicking her and herculese ass. As we know Herculese is elite top tier in dc when it comes to strength. Able to Knock Superman off of his ass and flying with a single blow. Wonder Woman also used it to defeat the White Wizard Guy after he gained like all the powers of hell or something like that. The thread op gave her BOTH of them.

khazra
Wonder Woman used it to shatter the Doomsday beast after it was literally shaking off blows and kicking her and herculese ass. As we know Herculese is elite top tier in dc when it comes to strength. Able to Knock Superman off of his ass and flying with a single blow. Wonder Woman also used it to defeat the White Wizard Guy after he gained like all the powers of hell or something like that. The thread op gave her BOTH of them.
Whilst he knocked superman flying it was a sucker punch. IIRC superman grabbedhis shoulder as herc turned away than herc whipped round and knocked him through a building (which bloodied him).

As i said its all how you take it. If you think its truley a 10x strength upgrade than she becomes the strongest punch on the board by a fair way. If you think its hyperbole its a closer fight.
I havent seen enough from the gauntlets to give a definitive answer..

Zeuodin
Whilst he knocked superman flying it was a sucker punch. IIRC superman grabbedhis shoulder as herc turned away than herc whipped round and knocked him through a building (which bloodied him).

As i said its all how you take it. If you think its truley a 10x strength upgrade than she becomes the strongest punch on the board by a fair way. If you think its hyperbole its a closer fight.
The guantlets do increase strength and durability by a factor of ten. Didn't you see Cassie Tear that brick and concrete like it was cardboard? this was before she had any powers.

khazra
The guantlets do increase strength and durability by a factor of ten. Didn't you see Cassie Tear that brick and concrete like it was cardboard? this was before she had any powers.
Ah ok, i didnt know that. Than i #m siding with team one.

Kris Blaze
That really doesn't mean GB will also hit
Kinda does.

-Pr-
Thor's godblast would hit, and there's no way he'd use it against Superman or Wonder Woman.

it can't be dodged/interrupted?

Konton

Aren't you the guy who said Superman was like 50 times stronger than Diana?
lol

BattleMage
GODBLAST DESTROYS.

quanchi112
Team 2 takes it home.

celeyhyga17
hmm this is a toughie... if gauntlets are used, team 1.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.