Orion and Wonder Woman vs. Gladiator and Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zeuodin
Blood Thirsty fight. Going for the Kill. All standard equipment.

Blanket
Nvr have I been so enthralled wth a thread and I'm guessing the lone girl team wins.

shifty

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Blanket
Nvr have I bn so enthralled wth a thread and I'm guessing the team wth the lone grl wins.

shifty
Hmm. I was slightly leaning towards team 2. Because Gladiator seems faster than everyone else. You could be right tho.

Philosophía
Nvr have I been so enthralled wth a thread and I'm guessing the lone girl team wins.

shifty

So clever, Bran.

So clever.

Warlord
Bloodlusted Sentry beats WW.
Orion Beats Glads

Then Orion beats Sentry

Omega Vision

shifty
I see what you did there. laughing

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'm lost???

Philosophía
Team 1.Originally posted by Omega Vision
Being an ass ?

kevdude
Team one also... whistle

khazra
bloodlusted orion opens up with a full on astroforce which takes alot out of glad & should put sentry down. Than its 2 on 1 against a hurt opponent.

Sasaraixx
WW beats Sentry
Orion beats Gladiator
Gladiator beats WW, but not before
Orion beats Sentry

Team 1.

spawnwest
Team 1 FTW

bbrem123
this is to the death...there is no way for any of them to kill sentry...how does he lose?

tideoftime
Originally posted by bbrem123
this is to the death...there is no way for any of them to kill sentry...how does he lose?

Render him as functionally incapacitated via Diana's lasso (not a "permanent" solution, but it could do in a pinch).

EDIT: Dammit... keep responding to people without weighing in...

I am leaning towards Gladiator/Sentry, in general, though Orion and Wonder Woman can dish it with the best of them.

The one thing that really keeps me hedging is Diana's lasso; both Gladiator and Sentry can be messed with mentally, do one degree or another, and the lasso can shatter the psyche of those who have any hidden insecurities or uncertainties (which is why Diana doesn't always use it one certain people); if she were able to get it on either of them, then she and Orion could contain/eventually overwhelm the other, given time. But that can be a big if -- she's been able to lasso Superman, but also not if he is prepared and actively avoiding it, and she, Supes, Gladiator, and Sentry are all in the same ballpark of speed/reflexes (if not exactly).

A tough call, but I think I have to side with Gladiator/Sentry, with a viable chance for winning for Team 1.

BattleMage
Team 2 for the stomp! There speed is to great, Speed blitz all day.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by BattleMage
Team 2 for the stomp! There speed is to great, Speed blitz all day.
Wonder Woman is arguably almost as fast and Orion has great reflexes which are enhanced by the motherbox. When he fights Superman he usually draws for a good reason.

quanchi112

shifty It's sooooo obvious.

Team 2 wins.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Wonder Woman is arguably almost as fast and Orion has great reflexes which are enhanced by the motherbox. When he fights Superman he usually draws for a good reason.

I agree.

One thing alot of people miss if they don't keep up with JL over the past ten years is that Diana's combat reflexes are actually faster than Superman's (as he acknowledges himself, and has been demonstrated on several occasions, with the most recent reference being their last fight with Amazo, where she commented -- via wordbox -- about Amazo's attacks "Hera, he's fast -- faster than Clark *Amazo hits her* -- fast as me..."wink I would say that puts her at least on par with Gladiator and Sentry.

Still, though, I give the edge to the latter, with the lasso making for the win if she can make it connect (then Orion's powers allow for the win).

Close... but still Team #2...

Zeuodin
Sentry Is the weakest link. His skill is sub par to everyone here. His strength is ok. Not enough feats.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zeuodin
Sentry Is the weakest link. His skill is sub par to everyone here. His strength is ok. Not enough feats. So trading shots with WW Hulk doesn't cut it for you?

Are you just going by his fights when he holds back?

tideoftime
Zeuodin/quanchi: I am not a Sentry expert -- just familiar enough to give a decent opinion -- but I was under the impression that he was Superman-level strong. Not a "skilled" fighter, but fast, powerful, and damn near-indestructable (like Clark).

I am not "stuck" in my opinions, however, as many people around here seem to be; if I am mistaken in my assessment, somebody *reasonable* let me know. But I was under that impression...

Zeuodin
Originally posted by tideoftime
Zeuodin/quanchi: I am not a Sentry expert -- just familiar enough to give a decent opinion -- but I was under the impression that he was Superman-level strong. Not a "skilled" fighter, but fast, powerful, and damn near-indestructable (like Clark).

I am not "stuck" in my opinions, however, as many people around here seem to be; if I am mistaken in my assessment, somebody *reasonable* let me know. But I was under that impression... Sentry has some really low showings. So many so that He isn't high herald. He maybe his high low herald. Or low Medium Herald.

quanchi112
Originally posted by tideoftime

I am not "stuck" in my opinions, however, as many people around here seem to be; if I am mistaken in my assessment, somebody *reasonable* let me know. But I was under that impression... Superman definitely has the better strength showings of the two. Sentry is more powerful imo.

Sentry's high feats are rather impressive imo, but his low ones are rather pathetic. The thing is though most if not all of his low ones are because he was afraid of cutting loose and holding back.

On a board he won't have that fear.

Prep-Man
Team 1.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.