S04E12 - The Fifth Stage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_D_J
Official Episode Preview

H.R.G. is greeted by some unexpected visitors and Samuel's grand plan begins to come to fruition. Meanwhile, Peter struggles to accept the truth and takes extreme measures to get what he wants. Elsewhere, Claire's journey leads her to an unexpected destination.

The Fifth Stage Preview

VZsiBwHQOm4

Discuss...

S_D_J
There you go:

some fighting to keep everyone entertained...

though it looks just like an ordinary fist fight roll eyes (sarcastic)

starlock
I get the feeling Peter is going for the hatians power....to take out sylar...makes sense?

Mairuzu
Matt parkmans baby!

Entity
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Matt parkmans baby! Thats what I'm saying! Give Peter his powers back and then have Ando juice him up! And after that he can juice his self hehe stick out tongue

Maybe Ando can even amp Mattie so he can turn all Pete's old powers back on instead of jus giving him a reboot!

Actually I jus wanna see them make the damn show interesting again without it being jus random crap they do jus to do like in Villains. Its like this season they've got good possibilities and somewhat of a good idea but jus won't put the action and speed needed into it. IMO

To me season one was perfect. Season 2 had good direction but no speed, plus it was forced to cut short due to the strike. Personally I think they shoulda went with the original plan and let the virus out if they were gonna go as far as they did. Season 3 was all action and no real substance. They jus did shock for pure shock value with no real consideration for what it meant and how they'd explain it later.

Fugitives was better than Villains and Redemption is better than Fugitives but its still to slow and jus lacking all the explanion it needs. The biggest problem with heroes is who knows how long they had to write and prefect season 1's genesis but since then they jus seem to either drag the most mundane details out or paint their selves into corners they jus jump out of without any explanion at all.

Mairuzu
I want to see some company man

The Nuul
Good thing there is good Football to watch because Heroes once again was just meh.

Quincy
Wait so, what?

Nathan "died" how? What was the point of jumping off the building? I mean, can someone kind of elaborate on what happened?

BruceSkywalker
decent ep.. nathan dying was blasie(sp?) i was expecting a much better death

starlock
What a joke this episode was.....i wont even bother to explain.....but this was one of the lowest points in the show...and thats not easy with so many bad episodes

Mairuzu
I don't even know what to say. Even the CGI was laughable.

Bespin Bart
Sadly, if you read the description of the episode in plot summary form, it sounds like it would've been awesome... didn't catch it this week, have to wait until it's online.

REXXXX
Not gonna lie, the CGI was distractingly bad at some points. Didn't ruin the episode though. I enjoyed it.

Entity
I can't even say how bad I wanted "Nathan" to use his last little bit of control before he "died" telling Peter to take Sylar's power. All of them and like will them to all to Peter n not jus one single power mimic. While Peter was holding his hand trying to stop him would've been a perfect way for Nathan to finally go out.

Otherwise the show pretty much sucked. Mulitiple man was cool thou, I've like the bastard he tends to play on other things, ex The Riches.

REXXXX
I think it just has to be accepted that Peter's not getting his original powers back...

Entity
Originally posted by REXXXX
I think it just has to be accepted that Peter's not getting his original powers back... Sorry, I'm jus not ready to accept that yet. Especially since in all future time lines he's had it and gained a mysterious scar that he shouldn't have been able to get. That to me suggest that in all future time lines he lost his powers at some point and came to eventually gain that scar and later his original powers back. confused

So i'm thinkin the series will end with him either having recently gaining the scar and in the end his old full ability back or jus the scar leaving the suggestion that the Peter of the future will come to be. wink
Hell "Nathan" even told Peter before he "died" the world hasn't seen anything from him yet!

The Nuul
That time line has been changed and we wont see it again.

S_D_J
It's been a week and I still haven't seen this episode no expression

though the show comes back January 4th

The Nuul
Its wasnt anything to be writing home about....

starlock
Originally posted by Entity
Sorry, I'm jus not ready to accept that yet. Especially since in all future time lines he's had it and gained a mysterious scar that he shouldn't have been able to get. That to me suggest that in all future time lines he lost his powers at some point and came to eventually gain that scar and later his original powers back. confused

So i'm thinkin the series will end with him either having recently gaining the scar and in the end his old full ability back or jus the scar leaving the suggestion that the Peter of the future will come to be. wink
Hell "Nathan" even told Peter before he "died" the world hasn't seen anything from him yet!

I hope they pull a "he has been holding himself back subconsciously" gimmick (its better than all the other crap)....i would love to see..or not see..lol...the invisible man Claude...come back..and he would tell peter to realize he has been doing it to himself...."you exploded...got mind wiped..then remembered your powers...left a girlfriend in an alternate reality...got your essence transferred into a strange body...by your future self!(who shoots your brother)..you took sylars hunger(whatever)...got your powers stolen.then got your powers back ...your holding your self back mate....now get that hair out of your face!...and become a man!!!

The Nuul
They could have this all in a different timeline with somehow Hiro is part of it....

Entity
Originally posted by The Nuul
That time line has been changed and we wont see it again. Every timeline we've seen has been different in the future and yet somethings continue to stay the same. Peter still has the scar and his original power. The writers even said specifically that his scar was never an accident and promised it would definitely be explained.

I jus hope the series doesn't end before they get the chance to!

Originally posted by starlock
I hope they pull a "he has been holding himself back subconsciously" gimmick (its better than all the other crap)....i would love to see..or not see..lol...the invisible man Claude...come back..and he would tell peter to realize he has been doing it to himself...."you exploded...got mind wiped..then remembered your powers...left a girlfriend in an alternate reality...got your essence transferred into a strange body...by your future self!(who shoots your brother)..you took sylars hunger(whatever)...got your powers stolen.then got your powers back ...your holding your self back mate....now get that hair out of your face!...and become a man!!! Ya know I don't really like the change in power effect and style jus after he'd begun using his abilities with alil skill, (even if it was still mostly without sense) but bringing Claude back and saying something like that to Peter while sorta giving him a slap on the head he needs makes me like it. ALLOT!

I would totally be cool with it all if they pulled that one out before the series ended. cool

Ya know if the show does last another season I'm gonna be really pissed if 5 years HAS gone and neither Peter nor Hiro are even half the badasses they were in the original future! mad Peter get PISSED! Hiro use your damned sword already!!!

starlock
Originally posted by Entity
Every timeline we've seen has been different in the future and yet somethings continue to stay the same. Peter still has the scar and his original power. The writers even said specifically that his scar was never an accident and promised it would definitely be explained.

I jus hope the series doesn't end before they get the chance to!

Ya know I don't really like the change in power effect and style jus after he'd begun using his abilities with alil skill, (even if it was still mostly without sense) but bringing Claude back and saying something like that to Peter while sorta giving him a slap on the head he needs makes me like it. ALLOT!

I would totally be cool with it all if they pulled that one out before the series ended. cool

Ya know if the show does last another season I'm gonna be really pissed if 5 years HAS gone and neither Peter nor Hiro are even half the badasses they were in the original future! mad Peter get PISSED! Hiro use your damned sword already!!!

I actually liked Claude allot...so i would go for my scenario.....i would even go for a fight between peter and sylar and peter holds on or stays in contact for a long period and it jump starts his power again....and or peters father did explain sylar only needed to touch someone to get their power (ELLE-electricity)...so what if peter got that power from sylar..would it give him the ability to stack powers again?...what i really hope does not happen is...Matts baby....smiles..and peters powers come back..poof!..actually..i would take that also..i might not like it...but peter needs his original power(s) back!

REXXXX
We'll see. It's pretty evident that Peter's power is different, so I don't think it is a matter of 'holding himself back' or any such thing.

Sylar also didn't operate empathy on touch... he needed to understand the person on a deep personal level in order to absorb their power. It is how he obtained lightning from Elle, talking with her until he had her fully figured out, and flight from Nathan, using his aptitude power in coordination with his newly gained clairsentience.

Quincy
Then how did he get that shapeshifters power?

S_D_J
He killed the shapeshifter

REXXXX
They didn't show it, but sounds like he went the brain route without being obvious about it.

S_D_J
they didn't show that?...I was under they impression they did blink

... really don't care though... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wed, and still haven't seen this episode big grin

REXXXX
Are you priding yourself on it or just too busy?

They did not show exactly what Sylar did to get the shapeshifter's power.

Entity
Originally posted by starlock
I actually liked Claude allot...so i would go for my scenario.....i would even go for a fight between peter and sylar and peter holds on or stays in contact for a long period and it jump starts his power again....and or peters father did explain sylar only needed to touch someone to get their power (ELLE-electricity)...so what if peter got that power from sylar..would it give him the ability to stack powers again?...what i really hope does not happen is...Matts baby....smiles..and peters powers come back..poof!..actually..i would take that also..i might not like it...but peter needs his original power(s) back! Yea I loved Claude allot too. So definitely would be stoked if he came back. And like you pretty much any scenario where Peter gets his original power back would please me. I jus REALLY! hope they don't do something else retarded that doesn't make sense or ever get explained in order to do it. Its really not that hard to come up with logical solutions that work within their own preset rules.

One of my favorites has been copying Ando's ability and it causing a feedback loop effect that allows Peter to regain his old power permanently!

Quincy
One of you *******'s told me that Sylar had to use his Empathic Mimicry because they didn't want the body mutilated or something.

Mairuzu
The mimic guy was disguised as sylar, and then he was killed by danko and sylar. Sylar went the old fashion way to attain his power. Hence the big metal thing sticking out the back of the mimic guys head (while still in sylars form).

They tried to make HRG Believe sylar was dead.

S_D_J
Originally posted by REXXXX
Are you priding yourself on it or just too busy?

They did not show exactly what Sylar did to get the shapeshifter's power.

Busy. Studying until late at night for finals (Dec 19th)

I will watch it today smile

Originally posted by Quincy
One of you *******'s told me that Sylar had to use his Empathic Mimicry because they didn't want the body mutilated or something.

kick that *******'s ass hard stick out tongue

come to think about it, I also thought he used Empathic Mimicry for getting Shapeshifting no expression

REXXXX
You know, he might've. He understood the shapeshifter really well as well, having studied his life and whatnot in order to track him down.

Placidity
Why are people on Heroes so stupid?

Peter - Wtf, as if he did not see that shit coming. Sylar can heal he knows that fall ain't gonna do shit.

Also, I don't get how Nathan is gone now? Seems to me the struggle in his mind with Sylar is all that has happened. He is probably still in Sylar's head somewhere.

Claire - what a whiny retarded kid. History shows that when she doesn't listen to her dad, which is like the Batman of this shit, she will get in trouble. Yet she keeps doing it over and over. When will she learn?

Mr Master
edit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.