Superman vs. Quasar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BattleMage
Ten fight system Who gets the majority?

BattleMage

thanos-prime
Quasar

Batman-Prime
Superman

D_Dude1210
I don't see how Superman can beat Quasar now. He's pure energy isn't he? I don't even see Superman hurting him at all...

Warlord
Quasar, energy being or not

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
I don't see how Superman can beat Quasar now. He's pure energy isn't he? I don't even see Superman hurting him at all...

Superman can punch energy. He can seal "reality" with his HV.

big grin

D_Dude1210
HV won't even bother Quasar one bit. Absorbing energy is what his Qbands were made for.

vansonbee
Quasar for both.Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Superman can punch energy. He can seal "reality" with his HV.

big grin If we start speculating he does, than anyone can do anything now...

By the way, KC Superman punch lighting :]

rotiart
I'll say quasar saps the solar energy straight from supermans body

iceman24567
Spite thread it's like putting charmander against squirtle

K Von Doom
Originally posted by iceman24567
charmander against squirtle

Don't they stalemate?

iceman24567
Not if squirtle knows water gun erm

Rage.Of.Olympus
Quasar can win if he plays it smart. Current Quasar wins.

Zeuodin
Superman would probably just use his heat vision against Quasar like he did the anti-matter shadow demons. Altering his frequency until he takes quasar out. His Heat Vision has also been altered to take out cosmic abstract level beings known as the Quantums.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Zeuodin
Superman would probably just use his heat vision against Quasar like he did the anti-matter shadow demons. Altering his frequency until he takes quasar out. His Heat Vision has also been altered to take out cosmic abstract level beings known as the Quantums.

And Colossus can fight Magneto also right?

Rage.Of.Olympus

Yea because "Quasar=Anti-Matter Shadow Demons", and using heat vision to beat one of the greatest energy manipulators in comics because he can "ALTER DA FREQUENCY" even though Quasar has shown to manipulate everything from light to the Power Cosmic of the Silver Surfer, but it doesn't matter, because it's "SUPAH" heat vision, amirite? thumb up

I'd love to see that Quantum feat. Never heard it, never read it. I am intrigued. Scans or issue number.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea because "Quasar=Anti-Matter Shadow Demons", and using heat vision to beat one of the greatest energy manipulators in comics because he can "ALTER DA FREQUENCY" even though Quasar has shown to manipulate everything from light to the Power Cosmic of the Silver Surfer, but it doesn't matter, because it's "SUPAH" heat vision, amirite? thumb up

I'd love to see that Quantum feat. Never heard it, never read it. I am intrigued. Scans or issue number. His title means nothing to me. Quasar for all his energy manip has just as many low feats to even it out. Especially battle wise. And since he's pretty slow, Superman mobs the floor with him pretty quickly

The Nuul
His title means nothing to me. Quasar for all his energy manip has just as many low feats to even it out. Especially battle wise. And since he's pretty slow, Superman mobs the floor with him pretty quickly

laughing

Rage.Of.Olympus
His title means nothing to me. Quasar for all his energy manip has just as many low feats to even it out. Especially battle wise. And since he's pretty slow, Superman mobs the floor with him pretty quickly

And Superman doesn't have low feats? He has a few definitely

Quasar's higher end feats means his uber. Even on average, he can be pretty formidable when he needs to be from what I recall.

Pretty slow? I recall Quasar covering interstellar distances etc.

And how the hell is Superman going to hurt Current Quasar in the first place? His nothing but Quantum energy? This guy survived going into the fault as well without being phased. From what I recall, ridiculously impressive durability feat.

Superman's first attack would have to be his last one. Unfortunately it wouldn't be against Quasar. Especially current Quasar.

Quasar drains him dry.

The Nuul
Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

xJLxKing
Superman wins

Zeuodin
And Superman doesn't have low feats? He has a few definitely

Quasar's higher end feats means his uber. Even on average, he can be pretty formidable when he needs to be from what I recall.

Pretty slow? I recall Quasar covering interstellar distances etc.

And how the hell is Superman going to hurt Current Quasar in the first place? His nothing but Quantum energy? This guy survived going into the fault as well without being phased. From what I recall, ridiculously impressive durability feat.

Superman's first attack would have to be his last one. Unfortunately it wouldn't be against Quasar. Especially current Quasar.

Quasar drains him dry. Superman has sealed rips in time space and you want to ask me how he will hit Quasar?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman has sealed rips in time space and you want to ask me how he will hit Quasar?

You mean the time, when he rubs his hands together and creates a barrier around a small rip or the time he with Orion helping and under his guidance, while he was increased to god like New Gods size?

Yea, I'm asking you how he is going to hit Quasar. A being whose nothing but Quantum Energy, energy that he alone controls.

Heat Vision would be the worse thing Superman could use here. It'll remind Quasar even sooner that he can simply drain Clark dry.

Zeuodin
You mean the time, when he rubs his hands together and creates a barrier around a small rip or the time he with Orion helping and under his guidance, while he was increased to god like New Gods size?

Yea, I'm asking you how he is going to hit Quasar. A being whose nothing but Quantum Energy, energy that he alone controls.

Heat Vision would be the worse thing Superman could use here. It'll remind Quasar even sooner that he can simply drain Clark dry. Except It usually doesn't work that way. Superman's freeze breath for instance, can freeze energy beings. It's colder than the absolute cold of space. Don't ask me how but it is. Or he dumps quasar in his t-vo like reality. He is still far and away faster than Quasar. And I know you aren't using past feats of quasars in conjuction with his new energy form are you?

xJLxKing

Heat Vision would be the worse thing Superman could use here. It'll remind Quasar even sooner that he can simply drain Clark dry.
Counter Vibration.
Also, if Quasar is pure energy which can't damage Superman, then (imo)Superman can absorb it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Except It usually doesn't work that way. Superman's freeze breath for instance, can freeze energy beings. It's colder than the absolute cold of space. Don't ask me how but it is. Or he dumps quasar in his t-vo like reality. He is still far and away faster than Quasar. And I know you aren't using past feats of quasars in conjuction with his new energy form are you?

Again, did said energy beings show that they have energy manipulation as Quasar? I've seen Quasar drain random aliens, in the past. I'm not basing him draining Superman on that, but on him being able to drain Norrin.

Torquasm-Vo. Wasn't that retconed? Just asking. And since when is Torquasm-Vo another like reality? It's a mind game from what I understand.

Yea why? He has the Quantum Bands back now. So Current Quasar is Classic Quasar, while in Quantum energy form as I understand it. Where does it say he suddenly can't do what he was able to in the past?

xJLxKing
T-vo has or will be retconned. I am not sure. My guess is yes, it has

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Counter Vibration.
Also, if Quasar is pure energy which can't damage Superman, then (imo)Superman can absorb it.

Say it works. What will it do? Destroy his energy form. He can reform now.

Lol, at Superman absorbing Quasar. I ain't even bothering to respond to that. Next thing you know he'll be draining Norrin off the Power Cosmic, and Thor of his Godly life force.

xJLxKing

Superman did it to Darksied when he was pure Energy. IT will work on Quasar

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman did it to Darksied when he was pure Energy. IT will work on Quasar

Yes, a dying Darkseid because he was apparently made up of vibrations like everything else.

Unfortunately....

a) Quasar is not dying.
b) Quasar has shown the ability to reform from being destroyed.
c) Quasar has completely control over his energy.

Say it will work on Quasar and shatter his energy form. He could reform and drain Clark.

xJLxKing
Yes, a dying Darkseid because he was apparently made up of vibrations like everything else.

Unfortunately....

a) Quasar is not dying.
b) Quasar has shown the ability to reform from being destroyed.
c) Quasar has completely control over his energy.

Say it will work on Quasar and shatter his energy form. He could reform and drain Clark.
A dying, yet still powerful DS.

Unfortunately for Quasar
- DS has control of himself as well, didn't stop it
- Everyone Vibrates
- Once your frequency is countered by another frequency, you die. Doesn't matter if you can reform or not. Once it happens, you seize to exist

Rage.Of.Olympus
A dying, yet still powerful DS.

Unfortunately for Quasar
- DS has control of himself as well, didn't stop it
- Everyone Vibrates
- Once your frequency is countered by another frequency, you die. Doesn't matter if you can reform or not. Once it happens, you seize to exist

Batman just shot him with New Gods Silver Bullet and he was severely taxed as I recall.

- When did Darkseid exhibit control to the point he had absolute mastery over his energy form, like Quasar apparently has? Quasar controls Quantum energy and the Quantum Field, and currently his body is Quantum energy. It's like a Green Lantern being made out of a Green Lantern construct and still have a ring and an internal battery.

- So you say

- First of all prove it as it's only happened once, and he killed a dying Darkseid, and second of all Quasar died but came back.

xJLxKing
You mean like an Orange Lantern? They are made of Construct (energy of greed), and they carry a Orange Ring

Did I not prove this to you, or was it Niaja?
http://www.dblondin.com/092506.html
http://www.mindreality.com/science-of-vibration-in-every-aspect-of-physical
http://www.summum.us/philosophy/principles.shtml

Note: Google magic big grin

Yes, it did happen once, but doesn't mean he is restricted. There is a difference between someone killing you and canceling you out.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You mean like an Orange Lantern? They are made of Construct (energy of greed), and they carry a Orange Ring

Heh, that's not a bad comparison. Of course Quasar is a lot more complicated but I understand his current form something akin to this. You can destroy an Orange Lantern, but they just keep coming back.

Did I not prove this to you, or was it Niaja?
http://www.dblondin.com/092506.html
http://www.mindreality.com/science-of-vibration-in-every-aspect-of-physical
http://www.summum.us/philosophy/principles.shtml

Note: Google magic big grin

You know I could easily counter that by saying "Marvel Earth =/= DC Earth" and yea it was Naija. laughing out loud

Oh and do you honestly expect me to read any of that shit? You better high light the important stuff and paste it here cause I'm waaay to lazy.

Note: Vibrations? Heh, Thor shrugs those off....
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/th_WithstandsVibroMines.jpg

Yes, it did happen once, but doesn't mean he is restricted. There is a difference between someone killing you and canceling you out.

Well, when you highlight the said difference and tell me how it would be different from destroying his said energy form. He can erase it, or cancel it out. He'd simply draw on energy from the Quantum Zone and return.

Kris Blaze
lmfao.

Obviously, Darkseid had the worst durability ever in Final Crisis. Despite being a multiversal threat, new-god kryptonite could still completely **** him up. Doesn't make any sense in the least, but them's the breaks. Superman being able to vibrate a dying Darkseid's energy shit apart doesn't suddenly mean he'll be able to vibrate anyone apart. Quasar does not inherit weaknesses the DC beings have.

xJLxKing

Naija boy
lmao at some of the utter nonsense being suggested in this thread. SUperman absorbing Quasar, superman countervibrating quasar away....yeah freaking right. Quasar ftw.

D_Dude1210
I'm amazed at the EXTREME leaps of logic some people are willing to sink to in order to make the character they like win in an obvious spite thread.... :-/

Next thing we'll hear is Superman T-VOing PR Beyonder. Countervibrating the Living Tribunal and THEN Heat Visioning the HOTI into oblivion...

All before breakfast and while saluting the American flag...

Frankly, I'm disgusted... :-/

xJLxKing
I'm amazed at the EXTREME leaps of logic some people are willing to sink to in order to make the character they like win in an obvious spite thread.... :-/

Next thing we'll hear is Superman T-VOing PR Beyonder. Countervibrating the Living Tribunal and THEN Heat Visioning the HOTI into oblivion...

All before breakfast and while saluting the American flag...

Frankly, I'm disgusted... :-/
Funyy, I am just going by what the comic stated.
Superman used counter vibration to counter DS. At that time, he was only energy. In this fight, if Quasar turn into pure energy, he'll will be screwed.

The fact that I had to post proof that everyone, and everything vibrate doesn't that I'll go to extreme lengths.

psycho gundam
not sure who wins cause i missed a lot of newer quasar stuff, but some of the reasons how superman wins being said here are pretty funny.

if superman absorbs the pure quantum energy form of quasar, then he has quasar withing him, whom is analogous to a green lantern in power set....not very good for superman. what if quasar is still conscious and starts panicking to escape? quantum jump to the Q-zone, funneling massive amounts of quantum energy outwards to escape, etc.

D_Dude1210
Funyy, I am just going by what the comic stated.
Superman used counter vibration to counter DS. At that time, he was only energy. In this fight, if Quasar turn into pure energy, he'll will be screwed.

The fact that I had to post proof that everyone, and everything vibrate doesn't that I'll go to extreme lengths.

Come ON! Just because it worked as a plot device on a specific issue with specific situations dictating it, doesn't mean that it will work on ALL characters, on ALL situations, every single time. :-/

Quasar has FULL control of his energy due to the Qbands, he is immune to psionic/telepathic attack, can reform at will, can absorb energy at a scale far beyond what supes operates in and is virtually immune to physical trauma (being an energy body and all). Heck, he's survived Nullificiation by the UN (countervibration's got nothing on this).

Raptor22
quasar ftw. everything in the universe having a vibration frequency is a trait unique to the dc universe. why would anyone think that this trait would transfer to the characters in the marvel universe.

Warlord
quasar does what he did to Jack of Hearts...

manx422
Superman
super song

Warlord
and then he finds a super band and becomes a super star

xJLxKing
Come ON! Just because it worked as a plot device on a specific issue with specific situations dictating it, doesn't mean that it will work on ALL characters, on ALL situations, every single time. :-/

Quasar has FULL control of his energy due to the Qbands, he is immune to psionic/telepathic attack, can reform at will, can absorb energy at a scale far beyond what supes operates in and is virtually immune to physical trauma (being an energy body and all). Heck, he's survived Nullificiation by the UN (countervibration's got nothing on this). That's the thing. The attack was used on DS who at that time(if I am right) was energy. He didn't have a body just like Quasar. If was someone who had a physical body then perhaps you can make an argument saying that they are resistant to it. However, if Superman did it to DS, there is nothing to in my mind that would say Quasar can handle it.

Quasar can have full control, but it doesn't mean he is immune to everything. He can sill get absorbed by someone, or something similar, right?

Also, Counter Vibration isn't just an attack. It's hard to explain it. The only thing I can come up with is numbers. If Quasar is vibrating at frequencies of 1-4, and Superman vibrates his attack to match Quasar's frequencies 1-4, then they get canceled out. They seize to exist. That as simple as I can right it out.
Frequencies cancel other frequencies if they are traveling, or vibrating the same. Those links I posted prove it, and Superman pretty much proved he can do it.

I already posted links that everything in OUR not Marvel, or DC vibrates. Everything!

starlock
Quasar stomps 10/10.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus
Oh and, Quasar 10/10. He might as well have been created to specifically beat Superman.

Raptor22
xjlxking u do realize that the d/c, marvel, and our universe are all different and are goverened by different physical laws and just because one thing is applicable in one doesnt necessarily mean they apply to thd others. now u proved it happens in d/c and ours now do u have proof that its ever even been mentioned, referenced or even hinted at in the marvel universe? until then it doesnt fly imho.

xJLxKing
I think the Comic worlds are based on ours. They try to follow the same logic, physics, and stuff like that.

1- we aren't talking about Thorbig grin
2- Thor only took vibration which didn't match Thor's Vibration, it has to be the same frequency and power to do so.

You are acting as if Quasar can't be killed, that is not the case

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think the Comic worlds are based on ours. They try to follow the same logic, physics, and stuff like that.

Not always or even close to always. Or else it wouldn't be a comic world.

1- we aren't talking about Thorbig grin
2- Thor only took vibration which didn't match Thor's Vibration, it has to be the same frequency and power to do so.

1- I know but this is me, and I felt like throwing Thor into there.
2 - Thor matched vibrations that can apparently destroy the Phantom's people strongest metal, a race that conquered time travel etc. and Phantom works for Immortus of all people.

That's enough evidence plus the ambiguity of Superman's feat to cast doubt whether or not it would work on Thor.

You are acting as if Quasar can't be killed, that is not the case

And exactly how can you kill sentient energy that has complete control over it's form and can reform when destroyed? Hell, he had his body destroyed when he had a physical body and he still returned.

Quasar is tailor made to beat Superman. Superman cannot harm him and Quasar can easily defeat Superman through energy draining etc.

khazra
Originally posted by Naija boy
lmao at some of the utter nonsense being suggested in this thread. SUperman absorbing Quasar, superman countervibrating quasar away....yeah freaking right. Quasar ftw.
Cosigned.
Its not that quasar is objectively more powerful than big blue or anything (that IS actually debateable).
He just so happens to have the perfect powerset to consistantly beat big blue is all.

xJLxKing
Time, Speed, Physics and our understanding on common things.
Black Holes are still the same
Neutron Stars, Stars, Light, Travel Speed.

Granted, there are things that are added, but i did not see anything that was added about Frequencies to Marvel

There is no need to put Thor in this. If Quanchi can hold up to his end of the bargain and actually make the Battlezone start in Feb(4 months lol), then that's where that debate will take place. At this point, I don't see how I can change your mind, right?

You understand that DS was energy and Superman didn't just destroy him. He canceled him out. TO the point where he did not have any energy.

I don't know how to make it clear. This isn't an attack where he destroys you, but the energy is still there. It cancels it, it removes it from existence. That's something you can't reform from. Thoughts can be erased by counter vibration. This isn't like someone shooting you and the skin, meat and everything else is still there. This is something like a laser(in a way) where it incinerates you

quanchi112
Originally posted by Naija boy
lmao at some of the utter nonsense being suggested in this thread. SUperman absorbing Quasar, superman countervibrating quasar away....yeah freaking right. Quasar ftw. The poster who is using it doesn't read marvel.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Time, Speed, Physics and our understanding on common things.
Black Holes are still the same
Neutron Stars, Stars, Light, Travel Speed.

Granted, there are things that are added, but i did not see anything that was added about Frequencies to Marvel

Except how shit works in the comicverses are different. Black Holes, time, speed, physics are not the same. Shit gets added and changed all the time.

Silver Surfer and Thor's simply existence proves that.

There is no need to put Thor in this. If Quanchi can hold up to his end of the bargain and actually make the Battlezone start in Feb(4 months lol), then that's where that debate will take place. At this point, I don't see how I can change your mind, right?

Okay.

You haven't shown anything for me to change my mind.

You understand that DS was energy and Superman didn't just destroy him. He canceled him out. TO the point where he did not have any energy.

I don't know how to make it clear. This isn't an attack where he destroys you, but the energy is still there. It cancels it, it removes it from existence. That's something you can't reform from. Thoughts can be erased by counter vibration. This isn't like someone shooting you and the skin, meat and everything else is still there. This is something like a laser(in a way) where it incinerates you

Darkseid =/= Quasar

What might work on him doesn't mean it would work on Quasar. Again he destroyed his energy form while weakened. That's great. He destroys Quasar's current energy form. Say he cancels it out, to the point that energy doesn't exist. Well guess what? Quasar reforms from nothing, again. He gets his powers from the Quantum Zone, and entire reservoir of energy.

Like I said. He would destroy Quasar's current energy. So what? What the **** is that going to do? Quasar simply reforms.

Like I said, incinerating Quasar won't do shit. He can come back from nothing. His pure Quantum energy.

He came back even after he had his entire human body destroyed.

xJLxKing
Yes, but nothing has been added to the vibration theory, so I don't see why it should be different

I don't plan to. Ironically, it's not in this thread

And you believe he can reform even if his thoughts are cancels out?

D_Dude1210
Also, Quasar ALREADY survived nullification via the Ultimate Nullifyer. Y'know that thing that completely and utterly NULLIFIES its target to the point of nonexistence? Well, he survived that. :-/

So Quasar ftw. Countervibration won't do poopsquat.

Quasar takes this so much it's not even funny.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, but nothing has been added to the vibration theory, so I don't see why it should be different

And that brings up the point. Is there a vibration theory in Marvel? Theory is also a key word.

I don't plan to. Ironically, it's not in this thread

Okay.

And you believe he can reform even if his thoughts are cancels out?

He died and came back. Do people have thoughts when they are dead?

And when did counter vibrations cancel out thoughts?

xJLxKing
They can't prove everything has a vibration. Common things they can such as Thoughts, movements, sounds, lights, the Spectrum..etc. Difficult this like Black Holes,..etc they can't

thumb up
Fair enough, I decline that Superman will win if what you say is true

For the record, Thoughts have vibrations, they travel fast. For Quasar to reform his body he must think about it to do so. thus is will be canceled, but I will not go into that. I think you posted enough for me no to delay it any longer. And the majority is on you side, thus I will not argue.

psycho gundam
objects do shatter (not disintegrate atomically, merely fall apart) if they resonate by their unique frequency, but not everything is prey to that like they seemingly are in dc comics, especially a guy made out of pure quantum energy.

it seems extremely far fetched to assume that would permanently defeat him (provided superman even attempts it)

xJLxKing
Originally posted by psycho gundam
objects do shatter (not disintegrate atomically, merely fall apart) if they resonate by their unique frequency, but not everything is prey to that like they seemingly are in dc comics, especially a guy made out of pure quantum energy.

it seems extremely far fetched to assume that would permanently defeat him (provided superman even attempts it)
I agree, but the reason I brought it u is because he used it on an enemy that is made of pure energy. Yes, DS was weakened, but was still powerful, and he still dragging the MU down

Madvillain
Quasar wins 10/10 in his current form.

psycho gundam
is he even pure quantum at the moment?

superman might be able to beat the shit out of him if he's human still, cause quasar is still very human in response time and all that and can get flustered somewhat.

zopzop

Lol, at Superman absorbing Quasar. I ain't even bothering to respond to that. Next thing you know he'll be draining Norrin off the Power Cosmic, and Thor of his Godly life force.

You know, you LOL at that but watch it happen sooner or later (obviously not with Norrin or Thor but with some similar being in the DCU).

Superman is their MAIN money maker, they WILL give him powers out of thin air to make sure he gets a win irregardless of who/what he's fighting.

Someone joked that he'd vibrate the Living Tribunal out of existence, hell I believe it.

Because of sheer PIS and CIS, I say Superman 10/10 (even though Quasar should literally drain him dry and dump his lifeless husk in a trash heap).

-Pr-
Originally posted by zopzop
You know, you LOL at that but watch it happen sooner or later (obviously not with Norrin or Thor but with some similar being in the DCU).

Superman is their MAIN money maker, they WILL give him powers out of thin air to make sure he gets a win irregardless of who/what he's fighting.

Someone joked that he'd vibrate the Living Tribunal out of existence, hell I believe it.

Because of sheer PIS and CIS, I say Superman 10/10 (even though Quasar should literally drain him dry and dump his lifeless husk in a trash heap).

No.

Mshinu
Supes gets drained and collapses like an empty balloon.

Don Corleone

facepalmx

The Nuul
Face, why are replying to Nvrs post thats a year ago?

Kinasin
Quasar for sure.

Colossus-Big C
Superman

zeel
poor supes.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Don Corleone
facepalmx laughing

Originally posted by The Nuul
Face, why are replying to Nvrs post thats a year ago? nvr's fail caused him to damage his money maker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.