How Far can Colossus toss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
just like the other thread but this is colossus throwing

1. Daredevil
2. Batman
3. Wolverine
4. Lobo
5. Spiderman
6. Juggernaut
7. Hulk
8. Thor
9.Superman
10. Thanos

snoopdogg
Not as far as Spider-Man.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Not as far as Spider-Man.

laughing

Colossus-Big C
Not as far as Spider-Man. he gets the sticky fingers like spidey to grip better

Tha C-Master
Not as far as Spider-Man. Lol....

Is there a specific location?

Colossus-Big C
a open field?

dont know why the location would matter tho

Tha C-Master
I didn't know if you wanted us to just use a measured distance or what. That would keep people from just throwing out some random number. He doesn't need the harness. I don't know how far he'd throw them, pretty damned far really. Couple miles or so.

Wei Phoenix
Well I don't think any of them weigh over 1,000 lbs/kgs. Colossus has at least class 100 strength so he should be able to toss them all pretty far if they're not resisting.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I didn't know if you wanted us to just use a measured distance or what. That would keep people from just throwing out some random number. He doesn't need the harness. I don't know how far he'd throw them, pretty damned far really. Couple miles or so. i wanted a distance in feet or yards like spiderman thread

Omega Vision
If he manages to make them reach escape velocity they might go for...lightyears.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Omega Vision
If he manages to make them reach escape velocity they might go for...lightyears. he maged to get wolverine to escape velocity

Colossus-Big C
question does it take more force to throw something upwards or straight which way would it go farther

Knowsbleed33
Colossus at max is what? 90-95 tonner? The heaviest guy there is 1,200lbs.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Colossus at max is what? 90-95 tonner? The heaviest guy there is 1,200lbs. colossus at max 100 tons

Knowsbleed33
No he's not.

Colossus-Big C
No he's not. colossus at max is 100 tons. how strong do you think the guy is?
he judo tossed a friggin 100ton sentinel

Knowsbleed33
Since when do Sentinels weigh 100 tons?

I think he max's at the 90-95 ton range.

Colossus-Big C

I think he max's at the 90-95 ton range. nah its clearly 100. i can provide at least 5 bios putting him at 100tons im just to lazyyawn.

Knowsbleed33
Bios are meaningless without feats to support them.

Colossus-Big C
Bios are meaningless without feats to support them. tossing a 100ton sentinel is good enough

Knowsbleed33

Colossus-Big C
does any one know how much a sentinel weights?

Knowsbleed33
You just said they weight 100 tons, now you don't know?

Colossus-Big C
You just said they weight 100 tons, now you don't know? i think i read the weight 100tons somewhere . but i cant find it

SamZED
Sentinels weight less than 100 but Colossus is class 100. He has feats to back it up. Supporting a huge spaceship would be a good example, the thing can't weight less than several hundred tons.

Colossus-Big C

Knowsbleed33
What's the source? I find it extremely hard to believe Sentinels weigh that much. I remember some literature stating they weigh in the 25-30 ton range.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by SamZED
Sentinels weight less than 100 but Colossus is class 100. He has feats to back it up. Supporting a huge spaceship would be a good example, the thing can't weight less than several hundred tons.

Supporting and lifting are 2 very seperate things. Hulk supported the weight of a billion tons of rock once, but he has no pure lifting feats that come close to that.

Colossus-Big C
Supporting and lifting are 2 very seperate things. Hulk supported the weight of a billion tons of rock once, but he has no pure lifting feats that come close to that. actually he caught it.
catching>Lifting>supporting

Knowsbleed33
He didn't catch it, he supported a very small section of it and he had help.

Colossus-Big C
He didn't catch it, he supported a very small section of it and he had help. it was dropped on him

Knowsbleed33
It was dropped on all of them. They were saved by the hole they were in, the Hulk just prevented it from collapsing in on the hole.

With Iron Mans aid.

r0nm0n88
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
question does it take more force to throw something upwards or straight which way would it go farther

45 degree angle is the best angle to throw for distance.

snoopdogg
It was dropped on all of them. They were saved by the hole they were in, the Hulk just prevented it from collapsing in on the hole.

With Iron Mans aid. He was talking about Colossus catching the ship while he was injured.

Doctor-Alvis
colossus at max 100 tons
If the sentinel weighed 100 tons and colossus' absolute max is 100 tons and he threw the sentinel into orbit then someone's numbers need to be adjusted.

snoopdogg
616 Colossus never did that that I know if. Anybody know how much a Sentinel weighs for sure?

Knowsbleed33
He was talking about Colossus catching the ship while he was injured.

I see.

KingD19
Yeah, Colossus was still severly injured by Wreckers sneak attack, and he caught that ship that was a couple hundred tons, and it was falling, so that made the feat all the more impressive.

Other strength feats include literally ripping open the gates of hell
Tunneling through billions of tons of impregnable rock
Holding up a hospital
Holding up the roof of a cavern that was a few hundred feet underground, and was trying to collapse in on itself.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah, Colossus was still severly injured by Wreckers sneak attack, and he caught that ship that was a couple hundred tons, and it was falling, so that made the feat all the more impressive.

Other strength feats include literally ripping open the gates of hell
Tunneling through billions of tons of impregnable rock
Holding up a hospital
Holding up the roof of a cavern that was a few hundred feet underground, and was trying to collapse in on itself. He also smashed through that barrier that Dr. Strange, Logan's claws and Storm's lighting attacks all simultaneously could not effect with one strike.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
If the sentinel weighed 100 tons and colossus' absolute max is 100 tons and he threw the sentinel into orbit then someone's numbers need to be adjusted. i guess it would require 100tons of strength to throw a 70ton object

KharmaDog
Judo tossing anything doesn't mean your strong. The point of a judo toss is to use one's own strength/momentum against them. It's more about leverage and technique than it is strength.

KingD19
But it wasn't a normal hip throw, he hopped up in the air with the Sentinel in his grip, then he flipped it over.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Judo tossing anything doesn't mean your strong. The point of a judo toss is to use one's own strength/momentum against them. It's more about leverage and technique than it is strength. its still strength. are you telling me that bane can judo toss a sentinel?

Doctor-Alvis
i guess it would require 100tons of strength to throw a 70ton object
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not but something like that. If your max is 100 tons you can barely lift that 100 tons, because it's your max, let alone throw it.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not but something like that. If your max is 100 tons you can barely lift that 100 tons, because it's your max, let alone throw it. i wasnt being sarcastic just telling a statement

KingD19
His max isn't 100, it's been shown to be well above that. And Class 100 isn't set in stone, if you're CL 100, you can lift at least that, but more than likely you can lift a lot more.

Doctor-Alvis
I know, I'm just picking at the "max"es being thrown around.

valtiz
when and where did colossus throw a sentinal?

KingD19
Sometime back in the Classic ages, back when he was still Class 70 I believe. He tossed it like it was nothing.

h1a8
It depends on how strong Colossus is. Now I saw him lift a hundred thousand ton tanker. But someone alluded to that was Ultimate Colossus so I don't know. I can give neglecting air resistance figures for a certain amount. What amount would you all say Colossus is at?

1. 500-1000 tons
2. 1000-10,000 tons
3. 10,000-100,000 tons
4. 100,000-300,000 tons.

KingD19
There's no way to tell which level he's at, since some of the stuff he's done has no way to be calculated.

h1a8
Originally posted by KingD19
There's no way to tell which level he's at, since some of the stuff he's done has no way to be calculated. Can an upper limit be given to him then, like say "he can't lift more than 1 million tons"?

Tha C-Master
I'd say he's a low 100 tonner, like level 1 of your chart. That's just me though.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by h1a8
Can an upper limit be given to him then, like say "he can't lift more than 1 million tons"?

sure he can lift 1 million tons.."in space" stick out tongue

SamZED
Supporting and lifting are 2 very seperate things. Hulk supported the weight of a billion tons of rock once, but he has no pure lifting feats that come close to that. The spaceship was about to crash and Colossus stopped it, pretty much cought it. He'd have to be class 100+ to perform that feat and he wasn't as strong back then as he is now.

Doctor-Alvis
If it was from back in the day it was probably before people were that into giving characters stats and they just did what the story called for or what made it interesting.

ColossusGrundy
Bios are meaningless without feats to support them.

Colossus IS class 100+ and has been since returning from his "Death". At one time he was class 75 but those days are long gone. Marvel explained it by saying that now that he is an adult he's stronger and that previous ratings (like when he had the barfight with Juggs) was from his teenage capacities.

TO THE QUESTION:
If he can toss a 50-foot sentinel into orbit, he can easily throw any of these to the moon, perhaps further. Redo the question with a weaker character, it's more interesting that way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.