Annihilation Wave hits DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Denny Crane
To me it always seemed like space in DC was always emptier. Marvel has three huge consolidate empires (Kree, Skrull, and Shiar) while DC, to my knowledge, doesn't. SUre there's planets like Apocalypse, THanagar, and whatever who can somehow affect stuf on other galaxies, but nothing so coordinated that could occupy a galaxy.

So, lets say annihilus attacks the DC from a point halfway from Oa to the edge of the universe, so that it has to pass Oa in order to get to earth. Lets say this is now DC universe if there was no Blackest Night going on. Not that there aren't other color lantern corps, just no Black Lanterns runing around eating hearts.

How does the DC universe fare? Assume Earth is the last planet Annihilus wants to conquer, cause we have main characters powers. Does Earth survive the last attack. Lets assume the monitors or other extra dimensional entities that wouldn't want to see the multiverse collapse don't intervene in our favor.

Alternatively, how would current real world Washington DC fare if the A-wave were dropped on it?

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by Denny Crane
To me it always seemed like space in DC was always emptier. Marvel has three huge consolidate empires (Kree, Skrull, and Shiar) while DC, to my knowledge, doesn't. SUre there's planets like Apocalypse, THanagar, and whatever who can somehow affect stuf on other galaxies, but nothing so coordinated that could occupy a galaxy.

So, lets say annihilus attacks the DC from a point halfway from Oa to the edge of the universe, so that it has to pass Oa in order to get to earth. Lets say this is now DC universe if there was no Blackest Night going on. Not that there aren't other color lantern corps, just no Black Lanterns runing around eating hearts.

How does the DC universe fare? Assume Earth is the last planet Annihilus wants to conquer, cause we have main characters powers. Does Earth survive the last attack. Lets assume the monitors or other extra dimensional entities that wouldn't want to see the multiverse collapse don't intervene in our favor.

Alternatively, how would current real world Washington DC fare if the A-wave were dropped on it?

Pre-Crisis DCU and Annihilus won't do jack ((beep)).

There is no apocalypse...just Apokolips and New Genesis.

Omega Vision
Did I start an Annihilation Wave trend?
DCU wins but not without taking serious casualties.
As for the last question I'm pretty sure a standard A-Wave drone could solo most of Earth's military minus nukes.

Denny Crane
So who would fall in the chaos?

I think the GLC could tank a huge portion of it if they just retreated to Oa. I never knew why the Guardians didn't make giant green cannons all over Oa, just in case they got invaded for the 15th time. If they try to cover more ground they die horrible deaths. Welll they die regardless, but they can take more of the wave if they go defensive.

Apocalypse could take a huge portion too, but i doubt theyd protect anyone else. Earth would definately survive now that I think about it but only because of New Krypton being right there. ALso the saturnians, or whatever theyre called, would be an asset. I guess the Milky way is a big player now a days.

-Pr-
SEVEN Lantern Corps to take down is going to be an achievement in itself. Add in Earth's heroes and i really don't see the wave getting anywhere near destroying/taking Earth...

redhotrash
The A-Wave might make it to the planet, but they arent taking it. They wouldnt have taken Marvel earth either. Still it'd be cool to watch.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by -Pr-
SEVEN Lantern Corps to take down is going to be an achievement in itself. Add in Earth's heroes and i really don't see the wave getting anywhere near destroying/taking Earth...

Only the big guns really.

Most regular lanterns would get plowed.

redhotrash
Hes right, your typical lantern might as well not even have a name, just a number. Makes passing the ring along when he dies easier.

Denny Crane
Yeah, I was only thinking of the giant green beam the rookies did back when the spider guild attacked. That could take out alot of ships. plus 6 corps in different parts of the universe doen't amount to much. If they were together, then yes. But since there's nothing to unite them like the BL, then blue will die inmediately, purple would go down fast too. Red will put up a fight, but you can prety much ignore them as they only want siniestro, and orange is a non-issue

That leaves green, yellow, and purple in order of threat level.

My first question would be if the cosmic rod thing can absorb the ring's energies. that would make fighting guardians that much easier.

redhotrash
I still stand by the SC being able to take the A-Wave. Even if thats not the case, they can definately weaken it enough so that the rest of the space defenders finish the job.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Denny Crane

Alternatively, how would current real world Washington DC fare if the A-wave were dropped on it? Is Thanos involved?

basilisk
Originally posted by quanchi112
Is Thanos involved?

And how would the A-Wave fare when they start running into Starro's lot?

celeyhyga17

Agree!!!!
GL corps >>> Nova corps
DC's space police can almost take care of the wave themselves. Hard but doable. Then add in earth's heavy hitters like Supes, CM, WW, MM, BA, etc. the wave loses

AsbestosFlaygon
Spectre wipes half of the Wave ala Galactus

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Only the big guns really.

Most regular lanterns would get plowed.

it evens out, imo, when you take in to account how much of the annihilation wave was fodder for various heralds.

Newjak
it evens out, imo, when you take in to account how much of the annihilation wave was fodder for various heralds. At the same time those Heralds were unable to make a significant dent in the A-Wave even when backed by Krull armies.

I'm not saying the various Lanterns wouldn't give them a good run, but it wasn't like the A-Wave was lacking in firepower, big guns or in big ships with massive firepower.

The Galactus gun, if they would be allowed it, would plow through almost anything mentioned in this thread.

If Thanos is involved then their fleet also has vast teleportation abilities.

Even if you wanna go lower then that they have Ravenous, and his hunters, the Centurions who had good power.

The Harvester of Sorrows was a big gun as well.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Newjak
At the same time those Heralds were unable to make a significant dent in the A-Wave even when backed by Krull armies.

I'm not saying the various Lanterns wouldn't give them a good run, but it wasn't like the A-Wave was lacking in firepower, big guns or in big ships with massive firepower.

The Galactus gun, if they would be allowed it, would plow through almost anything mentioned in this thread.

If Thanos is involved then their fleet also has vast teleportation abilities.

Even if you wanna go lower then that they have Ravenous, and his hunters, the Centurions who had good power.

The Harvester of Sorrows was a big gun as well.

but how many of those heralds was there? half a dozen? a dozen including drax and nova etc?

there are at least a couple of dozen high level, proven herald level GL's alone.

Newjak
but how many of those heralds was there? half a dozen? a dozen including drax and nova etc?

there are at least a couple of dozen high level, proven herald level GL's alone. Yeah and once again the point was that even with the inclusion of Heralds like the Silver Surfer and Star Fox who is on par or better then the highest of GLs the A-Wave was still rolling through people.

None of those GLs could take a hit from the Galactus Gun. Harvester of Sorrows etc.

Also not to mention Annihilus does have the Cosmic Rod and Quantum Bands which makes him tailor suited for fighting GLs.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Newjak
Yeah and once again the point was that even with the inclusion of Heralds like the Silver Surfer and Star Fox who is on par or better then the highest of GLs the A-Wave was still rolling through people.

None of those GLs could take a hit from the Galactus Gun. Harvester of Sorrows etc.

Also not to mention Annihilus does have the Cosmic Rod and Quantum Bands which makes him tailor suited for fighting GLs.

the people who fought the annihilation wave didn't have that many powerful people on their side, though, which is what i'm saying. they're going to put up more of a fight than the kree did, or the nova corps, for instance...

Omega Vision
I think you should put it this way: do you think the Annihilation Wave could take on the Black Lantern Corps? Do you think they would be as much of a threat as the BLC? I don't think so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.