POINTS MATCH: wonder woman vs thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
again, no knock outs needed. scoring based on martial arts point system. score via strikes. who takes it?

galactusischere
Thanos.
Gamora>WW

tideoftime
(God, another battle with WW in it... apparently the gods did not hear my prayer... or did, and chose to ignore it...)

Wonder Woman, of course. They aren't armwrestling or fighting with galactic powers. Just skill, speed, and finesse. The hits he lands will be nasty (as he ignores the finer rules of the engagement, of course), but she out-finesses him.

galactusischere
Originally posted by tideoftime
(God, another battle with WW in it... apparently the gods did not hear my prayer... or did, and chose to ignore it...)

Wonder Woman, of course. They aren't armwrestling or fighting with galactic powers. Just skill, speed, and finesse. The hits he lands will be nasty (as he ignores the finer rules of the engagement, of course), but she out-finesses him.

Gamora>WW
Gamora was trained by Thanos himself

tideoftime
Originally posted by galactusischere
Gamora>WW
Gamora was trained by Thanos himself

Yes, she was trained/empowered by Thanos. Everybody knows that.

And if the sparring had been between *her* and Diana, *that* would be a sight to see...

Thanos is not as fast or agile as Diana, and that would give her the edge in a competition like this one. A teacher/imbuer does not always have the other facets of ability that a given student might possess (as is the case here...)

Now, like I said, if it was between the two ladies, that would be a whole different scenario (with Gamora getting the drop on Diana at first, as WW wouldn't expect such power/finesse, and then gets debatable from there...)

leonidas
hmm . . .

Blanket
No knock outs needed, but a KO can occur?

Mshinu
Urgh what`s next? Patty cake with Galactus?

Zeuodin
Diana of course.

D_Dude1210
WW would outpoint Thanos at the start (being much faster than him).

Then he inevitably pimpslaps her for the KO and gains a TON of points as he pummels her unconscious body.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
WW would outpoint Thanos at the start (being much faster than him).

Then he inevitably pimpslaps her for the KO and gains a TON of points as he pummels her unconscious body.
Nah. She can block all of his physical Blows as he's not fast enough.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Zeuodin
Nah. She can block all of his physical Blows as he's not fast enough.

He's been able to bum rush the Surfer with them deadly pimp slaps. He'll get her eventually.

Also, she's not strong enough to block his punches. She can dodge. But blocking isn't a smart idea.

Zeuodin
He's been able to bum rush the Surfer with them deadly pimp slaps. He'll get her eventually.

Also, she's not strong enough to block his punches. She can dodge. But blocking isn't a smart idea.

Seems strong enough here. The force of some of these exceed what Thanos can do with a pimp slap.

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/?action=view&current=scan0019.jpg

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/scan0036-1.jpg

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/wwaresgodsofgotham14ac.jpg

http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/02/22/1228873_887x1260.jpg

Omega Vision
Diana's hits may not do much to Thanos but she could hit him ten times before his fist reaches her. Diana wins this: more agile.

starlock
WW wins

KuRuPT Thanosi
You act as though WW doesn't get hit and is this uber MA who nobody can lay a hand on. False. She gets hit in h2h encounters all the time. This one will be no different. Thanos has very very good reaction time and that will be the difference here. WW will be winning on points and doing very well for herself. Winning most of the rounds. Eventually Thanos tags her a few times. The End.

starlock
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
You act as though WW doesn't get hit and is this uber MA who nobody can lay a hand on. False. She gets hit in h2h encounters all the time. This one will be no different. Thanos has very very good reaction time and that will be the difference here. WW will be winning on points and doing very well for herself. Winning most of the rounds. Eventually Thanos tags her a few times. The End.

I think all heroes get hit..even flash...there are low showing for most heroes also....i dont think anyone is selling thanos short by giving WW the win.

Lord Feron
Seems strong enough here. The force of some of these exceed what Thanos can do with a pimp slap.

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/?action=view&current=scan0019.jpg

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/scan0036-1.jpg

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/wwaresgodsofgotham14ac.jpg

http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/02/22/1228873_887x1260.jpg

Good display of how she can use her braces to block energy based attacks.... now how does this apply to the fight... confused

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by starlock
I think all heroes get hit..even flash...there are low showing for most heroes also....i dont think anyone is selling thanos short by giving WW the win.

I agree but you also agree she gets hit in h2h encounters. We know she's faster and more agile but we also know Tnanos is stronger, more striking power, more durable and very good reaction times. Thanos will eventually hit her and when he does.. Game over.

gogogadgetgo
does thanos even know how to spar?

starlock
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Good display of how she can use her braces to block energy based attacks.... now how does this apply to the fight... confused

The first scan is a physical one...and its really obvious....the second one has her deflecting some sort of batarangs.....which is also physical....the third one...looks to be energy...and the fourth one.....if i remember the comic...is a molten mass...which they refer to as a fireball.....but i could be wrong...

But the point is...there are clearly physical blocking feats.....i am wondering why you cant see that?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by starlock
The first scan is a physical one...and its really obvious....the second one has her deflecting some sort of batarangs.....which is also physical....the third one...looks to be energy...and the fourth one.....if i remember the comic...is a molten mass...which they refer to as a fireball.....but i could be wrong...

But the point is...there are clearly physical blocking feats.....i am wondering why you cant see that?

OH so were just going to display some random feats of her blocking random shit, not punches and not kicks that are normally done in a point based match but just random shit. Great glad we got that straight.

I doubt the debate is "Can WW block shit" oh im sure she can, I think WW history proves that.

Anyway, question for the OP.. if Ringout (bfr) allowed?

Anyway without more info I think it's possible for WW to get more points than thanos but it's also lkily that thanos can deliver blows strong enough for WW to not be able to continue the match (which can happen).

thanos-prime
Wonderwoman to fast...

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Lord Feron
OH so were just going to display some random feats of her blocking random shit, not punches and not kicks that are normally done in a point based match but just random shit. Great glad we got that straight.

I doubt the debate is "Can WW block shit" oh im sure she can, I think WW history proves that.

Anyway, question for the OP.. if Ringout (bfr) allowed?

Anyway without more info I think it's possible for WW to get more points than thanos but it's also lkily that thanos can deliver blows strong enough for WW to not be able to continue the match (which can happen). It was actually to display HER STRENGTH. Someone said she wasn't strong enough to block his attack. The last one was physical and energy. Read the scan.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
does thanos even know how to spar?
Thanos strikes me as a natural brawler but not particularly trained in any finer fighting arts. Sort of like Rorschach.

Blanket
Nah. She can block all of his physical Blows as he's not fast enough. So, you're saying that Thanos would nvr hit WW?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos wins a ∞ points for knocking Wonder Woman's head off.

leonidas
Originally posted by Blanket
So, you're saying that Thanos would nvr hit WW?

laughing out loud

shifty

psycho gundam
clapping yes

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Blanket
So, you're saying that Thanos would nvr hit WW? Why don't you ask Tide?

D_Dude1210
It was actually to display HER STRENGTH. Someone said she wasn't strong enough to block his attack. The last one was physical and energy. Read the scan.

Thanos > Konvikt. Heck, he didn't even hit her with enough force to shatter that boulder he was hitting her with (w/c was clearly affecting her even though she was blocking it, btw). In fact, I think this scan:

...actually proves that she won't be able to withstand Thanos' punches for long....

The rest are simply one speed-blocking feat and like 3 energy blocking feats (w/c is irrelevant to this debate).

Lord Feron
Thanos > Konvikt. Heck, he didn't even hit her with enough force to shatter that boulder he was hitting her with (w/c was clearly affecting her even though she was blocking it, btw). In fact, I think this scan:

...actually proves that she won't be able to withstand Thanos' punches for long....

The rest are simply one speed-blocking feat and like 3 energy blocking feats (w/c is irrelevant to this debate).

yeah I was gonna just let this go but yeah... atleast someone understands what i was trying to get at.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea that Konvict scan doesn't really help.

Parmaniac
Wondy

Zeuodin

The rest are simply one speed-blocking feat and like 3 energy blocking feats (w/c is irrelevant to this debate). Anyone with any kind of simple reasoning can understand that they'd already been fighting for a WHILE. The boulder was just one of many attacks she'd taken.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by leonidas
again, no knock outs needed. scoring based on martial arts point system. score via strikes. who takes it? so wait, thanos can't just reel her in in some way then just tee off on her while she's stuck in his tractor effect?

KuRuPT Thanosi
More points are scored for KO's or being stunned and hurt in MMA or Boxing. Thus WW lands more strikes.. Thanos lands the harder and more damaging ones.

Zeuodin
More points are scored for KO's or being stunned and hurt in MMA or Boxing. Thus WW lands more strikes.. Thanos lands the harder and more damaging ones.
If at all. She has been known to block more powerful stuff than his punches. Or just move out of the way.

Tha C-Master
Wonder Woman.

Lord Feron

Agreed, WW might win just by making alot of love taps and focusing on not getting hurt. Should be able to rack up the points and stay allive till the end...

But if wondy tries to actually deal some serious damage, she is going to pay for it dearly...

D_Dude1210
Anyone with any kind of simple reasoning can understand that they'd already been fighting for a WHILE. The boulder was just one of many attacks she'd taken.

Sigh. Nice dodge of the fact of the matter: WW was affected even though she as blocking and that the rock didn't even shatter with the hit. True or False? The amount of time they have been fighting is irrelevant in this debate.

Also, you were the one posting the feat and then accuse people of not understanding when you failed to provide the context behind it (irrelevant as it is). Don't pass on your own failings to other people please.

Bottom line:

Thanos > Konvikt

Konvikt hurt WW even though she was blocking. Thus: Thanos will hurt WW even though she will be blocking.

Thus, blocking is NOT a good idea for her (w/c is my whole point anyway) and even though she will be dodging, Thanos tags her eventually, she goes down and he beats her up while she's KOd ftw.

Zeuodin
Sigh. Nice dodge of the fact of the matter: WW was affected even though she as blocking and that the rock didn't even shatter with the hit. True or False? The amount of time they have been fighting is irrelevant in this debate.

Also, you were the one posting the feat and then accuse people of not understanding when you failed to provide the context behind it (irrelevant as it is). Don't pass on your own failings to other people please.

Bottom line:

Thanos > Konvikt

Konvikt hurt WW even though she was blocking. Thus: Thanos will hurt WW even though she will be blocking.

Thus, blocking is NOT a good idea for her (w/c is my whole point anyway) and even though she will be dodging, Thanos tags her eventually, she goes down and he beats her up while she's KOd ftw. Actually the rock did shatter. What the heck? And Konvict was as strong As Superman BEFORE he armored up. Now show me all these strenght feats of Thanos with no amping. Also, I already posted a scan of WW blocking something with far more force than Thanos can muster and she was fine.

D_Dude1210
Actually the rock did shatter.

The rock broke, it didn't shatter.

What the heck? And Konvict was as strong As Superman BEFORE he armored up. Now show me all these strenght feats of Thanos with no amping. Also, I already posted a scan of WW blocking something with far more force than Thanos can muster and she was fine.

No, you didn't.

You posted: One rock blocking feat, one batarang blocking feat and 3 energy deflection feat.

Only the rock blocking feat is relevant to this debate and it all it did was prove my point. :-/

KuRuPT Thanosi
Actually the rock did shatter. What the heck? And Konvict was as strong As Superman BEFORE he armored up. Now show me all these strenght feats of Thanos with no amping. Also, I already posted a scan of WW blocking something with far more force than Thanos can muster and she was fine.

since when cant thanos amp? i saw nothing stipulated as such. its only punching which he will only be doing amped or not

xJLxKing
I can't believe some people think Thanos<WW
It should be clear that WW is good, and has taken blows nearly as powerful, but it's not an every day occurrence. She will lose to Thanos, but I can see her dodging, and taking some hits.

It would be much better fight if Thanos doesn't amp, and WW gets to use all her equipment. Then I can see her winning

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by xJLxKing
It should be clear that WW is good, and has taken blows nearly as powerful, but it's not an every day occurrence. She will lose to Thanos, but I can see her dodging, and taking some hits.

It would be much better fight if Thanos doesn't amp, and WW gets to use all her equipment. Then I can see her winning

I agree and don't understand it myself. All though friend, I disagree that WW would win with or without her equipment. I think WW takes a number of rounds from Thanos and does pretty good for herself. In the end though, she takes some hits and is KO'd hard.

xJLxKing
I agree and don't understand it myself. All though friend, I disagree that WW would win with or without her equipment. I think WW takes a number of rounds from Thanos and does pretty good for herself. In the end though, she takes some hits and is KO'd hard.
Her shield s very durable. Gauntlets given her like 10x strength, or 20. Lasso is incredible.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Her shield s very durable. Gauntlets given her like 10x strength, or 20. Lasso is incredible.

True. It would be a better fight and a good fight

D_Dude1210

I agree with this post. thumb up

Edit. Although, stips DO say it's purely H2H so Thanos should be able to amp and WW doesn't get her gear. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.