Twilight Saga:best movie franchise in history?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

torontops
After this weekends take, New Moon has raked in over $230million. Impressive for a film that cost $50million. It's on pace to be around the Dark Knight/ Harry Potter/ Lord of the Rings and Pirates of Caribean box office intake. Mind you, the latter films cost close to $200million a piece to make. Should we be comparing the Twilight Saga on par with the best movie franchises of all time? I say no...but I'm sure, Twilights/New Moon fans would surely disagree with me. Maybe after the next 2 films comes out, there will be a debate. Keep in mind, the Matrix and Transformers are also mixed into this equation. What do you guys consider as the best movie franchise of all time? From an entertainment value. Agree or disagree...here's my top 3. #1 Star Wars #2Spiderman franchise #3 Transformers. Okay, I had my say, whats everyone's top 3 movie franchise?

torontops

Shakyamunison
1. Star Wars
2. Star Trek
3. Lord of the Rings.

wicker_man
Let's see if it's still held in the same regard as Star Wars in 30 or so years, then we'll know if it's a worthy claim to the title.

Nephthys
blink

... Seriously?

Bardock42
This should be in the movie discussion forum.

I find Twilight to be incredibly bad, for a multitude of reasons, but it's fact that it is and will likely continue to be a very successful franchise.

lord xyz
I'm pretty sure Indiana Jones and Terminator are ahead of Twilight.

jaden101
http://www.myboogpages.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/TwilightBlade.jpg

If only.

Kelly_Bean
No. Or at least I don't think so at this point in time.
Yes I am a NEW Twilight fan but it's definitely not one of the tops in my opinion.

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by jaden101
http://www.myboogpages.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/TwilightBlade.jpg

If only.

There is a plot hole in that picture...those vampires sitting on a log...I thought vampires hated wooden stakes and stuff. It's like a mouse living in alley fill with cats.

Bardock42
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
There is a plot hole in that picture...those vampires sitting on a log...I thought vampires hated wooden stakes and stuff. It's like a mouse living in alley fill with cats.

There's just one Vampire sitting on that log. And Twilight Vampires aren't even killed by wooden stakes, as far as I know.

Besides, even in common vampire mythologies they don't tend to fear wooden stakes, they just die if one is run through their heart...somewhat similar to how humans die if that happens, yet I sit on a wooden bed, as we speak. I'm a daredevil.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Yes I am a NEW Twilight fan but it's definitely not one of the tops in my opinion.

Never read it, won't read it, won't see the movie.

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo42/PeterSteele_Freak/53478d5d1eee14d34ef34ddc518dfc69.gif

Twilight is stupid.
Plain and simple, lol.

Pretty funny.

Cool, that you were open minded though.

Mairuzu
at least she was right the first time?

Robtard

If only.

That would be worth the watch. Send him over to the Underworld franchise afterwards.

Watched the very end of New Moon, as I heard it had a funny ending; it did; was patehrtically funny. Also, those two can't act for shit and have terribly chemistry together; they might as well be mannequins interacting with each other.

Robtard

WTF, Kelly. You suck now.

Alpha Centauri
It's not enough that she likes Twilight, but that she ripped on it before.

Actually hilarious.

-AC

One Free Man
I watched it to be open minded and claimed affirmation in my stance that this movie is the shittiest piece of anti-vampire canon in the world.

Apparently garlic, wooden stakes through the heart, and silver crossbow bullets do nothing to "twilight" vampires.

Bardock42
Originally posted by One Free Man
I watched it to be open minded and claimed affirmation in my stance that this movie is the shittiest piece of anti-vampire canon in the world.

Apparently garlic, wooden stakes through the heart, and silver crossbow bullets do nothing to "twilight" vampires. I don't see why that's important in any way.

inimalist
zb72V_4N5ko

Stephen King FTW

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
There's just one Vampire sitting on that log. And Twilight Vampires aren't even killed by wooden stakes, as far as I know.

Besides, even in common vampire mythologies they don't tend to fear wooden stakes, they just die if one is run through their heart...somewhat similar to how humans die if that happens, yet I sit on a wooden bed, as we speak. I'm a daredevil.

FOOL!

Stakes don't kill vampires, they're just used to hold them in place while they are destroyed in some other manner. Joss Whedon has corrupted your mind!

Mandrag Ganon
I have to admit, I never had any interest in it.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
FOOL!

Stakes don't kill vampires, they're just used to hold them in place while they are destroyed in some other manner. Joss Whedon has corrupted your mind!

That is true. Whedon's staking is incredibly memorable. Though not the only take on Vampire's that are killed by staking.

But yeah, you are right....so, I have even more reason to fear wooden stakes than Vampires, great, one less reason to get off my ass and out where the trees are.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by inimalist
zb72V_4N5ko

Stephen King FTW

laughing out loud

One Free Man
I don't see why that's important in any way. they can't be killed, therefor teh dramatic element of fight scenes is lost, etc.

Bardock42
zb72V_4N5ko

Stephen King FTW

Good points, of course, but douchy to say if it was the author himself. Of course it isn't him though.

Bardock42
they can't be killed, therefor teh dramatic element of fight scenes is lost, etc.

They can be killed. But even then that's a very one dimensional view. There's no reason why something featuring a true immortal couldn't be great just as well. And also there's no reason why it should be stakes, crosses, garlic, silver and other silliness that can kill them.

To judge the book as bad on that grounds is ridiculous.

Kelly_Bean
Pretty funny.

Cool, that you were open minded though.
You aren't the first to bring that up, Bardock, trust me. xD

inimalist

Good points, of course, but douchy to say if it was the author himself. Of course it isn't him though.

you don't think so?

Bardock42
you don't think so? It doesn't sound like him. And I'd hope he'd be above that.

inimalist
It doesn't sound like him. And I'd hope he'd be above that.

some people at the book store I work at said it sounded like something he would say, but I hear you.

either way, funny as hell

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
1. Star Wars
2. Star Trek
3. Lord of the Rings.

That ACDC Chick

If only.
one can only dream touched

zb72V_4N5ko

Stephen King FTW
no better words could be spoken aweyes

they can't be killed, therefor teh dramatic element of fight scenes is lost, etc.
they can be killed, its just when they die, its even gayer that when they stand in the sunlight. if thats in any way possible
you have to chop em up into pieces then burn them and their burning bodies smell like incense]

One Free Man
They can be killed. But even then that's a very one dimensional view. There's no reason why something featuring a true immortal couldn't be great just as well. And also there's no reason why it should be stakes, crosses, garlic, silver and other silliness that can kill them.

To judge the book as bad on that grounds is ridiculous. what ac/dc said, douche nozzle. While I understand you might be number 1 in the "team edward" fanbase, the characters are flamboyantly homosexual and defeat the very definition of vampires. Next example: they also sparkle in sunlight.

can you imagine a true vampire:
(http://elpasotimes.typepad.com/thatwilldo/files/christopher-lee-as-count-dracula.jpg) sparkling in sunlight and acting like star wars episode III hayden christensen with an eyeline tracking problem on screen? The characters, the entire race, is more ridiculous than gungans, and the film is based on them.

Also for the record, its the movie I'm judging, not the book.

If you want me to give reasons for the story being absolutely shite, here's the story for new moon in convenient bulletpoint events:

-Edward Leaves Bella. Apparently he thinks he can protect her more from far away because people won't try and get to him while hes gone. He's wrong.

-Bella sits despondent in front of her window for months. While some interesting camera work is seen here, the story still sucks. During nights she screams terribly and writhes in agony from her nightmares, all because her little high school boyfriend left.

-Bella meets a wolf-dude who has been protecting her from the evil red-head girl and tries to get high on adrenaline by jumping off a cliff.

-Edward's useless fortune telling sister, yes the one who couldn't see that bella would continue to be attacked after edward left, only sees the part where bella falls off the cliff. She goes to investigate.

-The wolf dude tells edward that bella is dead.

-edward goes to commit suicide.

-bella saves him by showing him she's still alive.

-edward asks her to marry him.

raven09
i disagree..there are much more better than Twilight Saga...

Bicnarok

Rogue Jedi

If only. Profiled haermm Which does he rape anally first?

Bardock42
what ac/dc said, douche nozzle. While I understand you might be number 1 in the "team edward" fanbase, the characters are flamboyantly homosexual and defeat the very definition of vampires. Next example: they also sparkle in sunlight.

can you imagine a true vampire:
(http://elpasotimes.typepad.com/thatwilldo/files/christopher-lee-as-count-dracula.jpg) sparkling in sunlight and acting like star wars episode III hayden christensen with an eyeline tracking problem on screen? The characters, the entire race, is more ridiculous than gungans, and the film is based on them.

Also for the record, its the movie I'm judging, not the book.

If you want me to give reasons for the story being absolutely shite, here's the story for new moon in convenient bulletpoint events:

-Edward Leaves Bella. Apparently he thinks he can protect her more from far away because people won't try and get to him while hes gone. He's wrong.

-Bella sits despondent in front of her window for months. While some interesting camera work is seen here, the story still sucks. During nights she screams terribly and writhes in agony from her nightmares, all because her little high school boyfriend left.

-Bella meets a wolf-dude who has been protecting her from the evil red-head girl and tries to get high on adrenaline by jumping off a cliff.

-Edward's useless fortune telling sister, yes the one who couldn't see that bella would continue to be attacked after edward left, only sees the part where bella falls off the cliff. She goes to investigate.

-The wolf dude tells edward that bella is dead.

-edward goes to commit suicide.

-bella saves him by showing him she's still alive.

-edward asks her to marry him.

What an odd display of a most elaborate straw man argument.

Nowhere did I say that I liked Twilight in any form, nor that I thought Edward was in any way a good character, as a matter of fact the first thing I said in this thread was: "I find Twilight to be incredibly bad, for a multitude of reasons"

I believe my argument actually was that your point of "garlic, wooden stakes through the heart, and silver crossbow bullets" not doing anything to twilight vampires is not a valid factor in judging whether it is a worthwhile piece of art, imo. I understand that, to you personally, that might make the movie not enjoyable, but like I said, there could be a terrific film with that exact set up, so this is not an issue I would consider as a problem of the movie, on a somewhat more objective plane.

Rogue Jedi

I believe my argument actually was that your point of "garlic, wooden stakes through the heart, and silver crossbow bullets" not doing anything to twilight vampires is not a valid factor in judging whether it is a worthwhile piece of art, imo. I understand that, to you personally, that might make the movie not enjoyable, but like I said, there could be a terrific film with that exact set up, so this is not an issue I would consider as a problem of the movie, on a somewhat more objective plane. Interview with the Vampire.

Nephthys
Also Hellsing.

Mr. Rhythmic
There's only one way to redeem the suckiness of "Twilight": Have Dracula murder Edward.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Nephthys
Also Hellsing.

And Van Hellsing.

On second thought....

Rogue Jedi
haermm

One Free Man
What an odd display of a most elaborate straw man argument.

Nowhere did I say that I liked Twilight in any form, nor that I thought Edward was in any way a good character, as a matter of fact the first thing I said in this thread was: "I find Twilight to be incredibly bad, for a multitude of reasons"

I believe my argument actually was that your point of "garlic, wooden stakes through the heart, and silver crossbow bullets" not doing anything to twilight vampires is not a valid factor in judging whether it is a worthwhile piece of art, imo. I understand that, to you personally, that might make the movie not enjoyable, but like I said, there could be a terrific film with that exact set up, so this is not an issue I would consider as a problem of the movie, on a somewhat more objective plane. backpedal, much?

jaden101
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Profiled haermm Which does he rape anally first?

Tough choice for Blade...Either way...Ass-to-mouth will follow.

dadudemon
backpedal, much?

No, because he already stated he didn't care for the franchise.

Rogue Jedi
Tough choice for Blade...Either way...Ass-to-mouth will follow. Sicko.

Bardock42
backpedal, much? I don't think so. It should be perfectly clear what I meant, especially since I elaborated now.

jaden101
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Sicko.

Keep that post short cause you were only using one hand?

Kelly_Bean
Keep that post short cause you were only using one hand?
Yep. The other hand was feeding me brownies. no expression

Bouboumaster

If only.

It would be the only movie of the series I would watch.

Just imagine the scene: The two of them are about to kiss, and, out of nowhere: BAAM! ****in' boot to the face! The girl back flip after the impact, and he's ko.

The vampire, knowing that he's about to be deader that he is right now, try to escape. Blade say something in the line of: "You can run, but you can't hide!" Than, he jumps on his motorcycle, take out his uzi, and shoot like a madman on this fool, just before run out of bullets.

Than, he just plainly kick his ass, the most awesome beating ever givin by a fictionnal character to another fictionnal character in this decade.

I would buy like a hundreds copy, and gives them in high school, to young girl who like that piss poor franchise.

Nemesis X
Twilight is not the best movie franchise. It probably is for emos though.

jaden101

Then begs the question, what were your hands doing.?

botankus
Originally posted by torontops
Re: Twilight Saga:best movie franchise in history?

Once in a very rare blue moon, I actually wish I was a Mod.
There are certain threads that should merit the OP an automatic ban.

Robtard

Is that code for Ass-To-Mouth? Sounds like it.

One Free Man
the reason these newer movies keep breaking the record for most money made is the recession. movie tickets are going up in price thus, more money is made per person. they should judge the record by number of tickets sold, not cash, imo.

Rogue Jedi
Then begs the question, what were your hands doing.? shifty

jinXed by JaNx
I went to see this with my sister and her niece. I know i'm biased when it comes to most teen movies but even looking at this movie unbiasedly i simply don't understand it. I really don't see the appeal here. These movies are bad...,really bad. I'm not just taking a piss either. They feel like an extended episode of Buffy or Angel without the humor and better make-up.

pgdarth95
Originally posted by torontops
After this weekends take, New Moon has raked in over $230million. Impressive for a film that cost $50million. It's on pace to be around the Dark Knight/ Harry Potter/ Lord of the Rings and Pirates of Caribean box office intake. Mind you, the latter films cost close to $200million a piece to make. Should we be comparing the Twilight Saga on par with the best movie franchises of all time? I say no...but I'm sure, Twilights/New Moon fans would surely disagree with me. Maybe after the next 2 films comes out, there will be a debate. Keep in mind, the Matrix and Transformers are also mixed into this equation. What do you guys consider as the best movie franchise of all time? From an entertainment value. Agree or disagree...here's my top 3. #1 Star Wars #2Spiderman franchise #3 Transformers. Okay, I had my say, whats everyone's top 3 movie franchise?

torontops
#1-star wars trilogy (epsds 4-5)
#2-dark knight
#3-i dont really know

pgdarth95
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Twilight is not the best movie franchise. It probably is for emos though.
yes. took the word right from my mouth. smile

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
There's only one way to redeem the suckiness of "Twilight": Have Dracula murder Edward.

Can't stop there. Better yet, add in Batman in a pseudo Tower of Babel story.

steverules_2
The best way to have twighlight end is the government finding out that Edward is a vampire along with many more vampires in his home town, so they drop a nuclear bomb on the town killing everyone including Bella, we all get to see them die a slow painful death and then the credits start rolling, it would make more money than avatar big grin

charmaine
lol

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx330/BamEmzie/antitwilight.jpg

dadudemon
K.

So I have an answer to the thread's question: no.

All box office money added together doesn't even equal one avatar film. If the second even does half as well as the first, it will still be better than both original films put together... (by the time Avatar has had it's fill, of course.)

Robtard
Doesn't there need to be at least two films before Avatar can be considered a franchise?

FistOfThe North
Hi.

The Question: Twilight Saga:best movie franchise in history?

My Answer: Hell to the No!

A movies are basically 3 very long episodes of "one tree hill" with vampires. It deserves no respect, bub.

But, to each his own. If you like 90210 with fangs, have at it. If you're a fan you're a fan. Even if it's like Dawson's creek with Dracula's creek. But best movie franchise in history?, not by a long shot.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Doesn't there need to be at least two films before Avatar can be considered a franchise?

Nah.

One is definite.

3rd is most likely.

Win.

Bardock42
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Hi.

The Question: Twilight Saga:best movie franchise in history?

My Answer: Hell to the No!

A movies are basically 3 very long episodes of "one tree hill" with vampires. It deserves no respect, bub.

But, to each his own. If you like 90210 with fangs, have at it. If you're a fan you're a fan. Even if it's like Dawson's creek with Dracula's creek. But best movie franchise in history?, not by a long shot.

Wow...you really went out there with the jokes about shitty tv-shows/vampires

xJLxKing
Twilight is bad. It is overrated by some girls.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.