Jay-Z has spoken blasphemy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JesusIsAlive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dApiC2-l04&feature=player_embedded

Jay-Z has spoken blasphemy.

This is an antichrist spirit at work behind this song. Jay-Z will stand before the Great God and Lord/Savior Jesus Christ and give account for the blasphemy that he has uttered.

Millions of people look up to Jay-Z and respect what he says so he has influence.

JesusIsAlive

This is an antichrist spirit at work behind this song. Jay-Z will stand before the Great God and Lord/Savior Jesus Christ and give account for the blasphemy that he has uttered.

Millions of people look up to Jay-Z and respect what he says so he has influence.

Symmetric Chaos
This too shall pass.

Peach
Who really cares?

chithappens
Ahhhhhhh hahaha whatever. So easy to make people read stuff a certain way.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by Peach
Who really cares?

People care about the line "Hail Mary to the city, you're a virgin, and Jesus can't save you, life startes when the church ends."

With one statement he has essentially stated that the beliefs that an entire group of people not only holds very close but structure their lives around is a lie. So, yea, I'd say it's in their rights to get alittle irritated about it.

inimalist
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive

Thats the greatest blasphemy of all

Bardock42
Originally posted by Peach
Who really cares? And, more importantly, why is this in the GDF?

inimalist
its also in the religion forum

King Kandy
Let me tell you, that thought alone is a lot more scary than any "blasphemy" he might have spoken.

AsbestosFlaygon
Jesus has long been DEAD.

FFS, Move on with your lives!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
People care about the line "Hail Mary to the city, you're a virgin, and Jesus can't save you, life startes when the church ends."

With one statement he has essentially stated that the beliefs that an entire group of people not only holds very close but structure their lives around is a lie. So, yea, I'd say it's in their rights to get alittle irritated about it.

Consider that there are probably billions of people who think that . . .

Impediment

Shakyamunison
url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dApiC2-l04&feature=player_embedded

Or there is no judgement day, and whatever we do will fade away.

Wow, I thought the link was to the song. Any body have a link to it so I can listen?

Shakyamunison
This thread is also in the Religious forum.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=12376302#post12376302

Shakyamunison

Why not kill him? If you are going to get upset because someone doesn't like your religion why not strap a bomb to your chest?

I don't think God would care what Jay Z has to say.

Peach

And again.

So?

Welcome to reality. Just because a bunch of people believe something doesn't mean that everyone does.

I have to wonder how strong someone's faith has to be if they flip out over something like that.

Also I merged the threads. JIA, don't make duplicate threads.

BackFire
Jesus' movie sucked.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Why not kill him? If you are going to get upset because someone doesn't like your religion why not strap a bomb to your chest?

I don't think God would care what Jay Z has to say.

Because obviously there's no distance between "Mr. Spock" and "homicidal rage".

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by King Kandy
Let me tell you, that thought alone is a lot more scary than any "blasphemy" he might have spoken. LOL You know this was brought up cuz JIA listened to what I posted and did some extra researching.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Because obviously there's no distance between "Mr. Spock" and "homicidal rage".

Mr. Spock? confused

Symmetric Chaos
Mr. Spock? confused

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spock

Shakyamunison
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spock

But what does Mr Spock have to do with religious intolerance?

Shakyamunison
I was hoping that one of the Christians would get on line and rebuke me. Reminding me that the teachings of Jesus are based on love and forgiveness. And how we are in no position to judge or say how god will judge. Instead I get Mr. Spock laughing out loud

Symmetric Chaos
But what does Mr Spock have to do with religious intolerance?

He has to do with emotions.

While you may divide people between "accepting everything that happens" and "suicide bomber" the rest of us realize that simply being irritated by someone does not produce the level of anger needed to kill another person.

Free yourself from the delusion.

Shakyamunison

While you may divide people between "accepting everything that happens" and "suicide bomber" the rest of us realize that simply being irritated by someone does not produce the level of anger needed to kill another person.

And you think I was only talking to one person.

§P0oONY
Can you blame the guy? He has 99 problem! NINETY-NINE! They guy is dealing with a lot.

Shakyamunison

However there are examples in the world today, and in the past, were people have been killed for speaking blasphemy. This type of hatred is very strong, and like a fire can consume people (particularly the mentally unstable). I think it is necessary to speak against it, however, I do this dispassionately. That may come across to you as callus, and unfair, but that is not my intent.

To me, the apologized is just as bad as the instigator.

One Free Man
wow, another thing to make the top 100 list of things i don't care about. I guess i should make that the top 1x10^10000 by now, but...

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by One Free Man
wow, another thing to make the top 100 list of things i don't care about. I guess i should make that the top 1x10^10000 by now, but... You must be an important person. Why hide behind a mask?

I kid, I kid.

We never crossed paths. I'm an arrogant *******.

One Free Man
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
You must be an important person. Why hide behind a mask?
The mask is more who I am than the flesh behind it, or the bone behind that. That man has long since ceased to exist.

Aww, isn't that cute, another one! maybe we should come up with cute names like "arrogant bastard 1" and "arrogant Bastard 2" I get "1" because I thought of it.

BackFire
Jay-Z doesn't matter.

Also, Jesus doesn't matter.

ArtificialGlory
Burn the heretic.
Purge the unclean.

Grand-Moff-Gav

This is pathetic...who really cares what Jay Z thinks...and who is this idiot pastor?

I've just listened to it...terrible song anyway.

lord xyz
Yeah, **** you Jay-Z.

lord xyz

inimalist
so, Jay-z is apparently the best rapper of our time and nobody on here seems to give him props...

we are either the best or worst informed music critics in the world

Bardock42
Originally posted by inimalist
so, Jay-z is apparently the best rapper of our time and nobody on here seems to give him props...

we are either the best or worst informed music critics in the world I never really got into hip hop as a whole. But he did suck at the AMA's...although that seems to be a requisite to receive entrance, so I won't judge him for that.

AsbestosFlaygon
Jay-z is apparently the best rapper of our time and nobody on here seems to give him props...
Best rapper of our time???

LOLWTF?

I can name rappers with raw talent miles ahead of him on top of my head..

Immortal Technique, Darc Mind, Jedi Mind Tricks, MF DOOM, NAS...

Hell, even Eminem is better than him.

ZIjVCp_nITY

If Jay-Z can freestyle better than this, then I will consider him the best rapper in our generation.

inimalist
he got some award for it, I don't know, I didn't have a say

Beastie Boys all the way though

Bardock42

Beastie Boys all the way though lol racist.

inimalist
if by racist you mean I have good taste in hip hop, then thanks

AsbestosFlaygon
HP1exQ8tcUc

Immortal Technique is the only rapper left.

Bardock42
if by racist you mean I have good taste in hip hop, then thanks

Yeah, and you crossing the street when a black guy walks towards you can be explained by "no one really wanting to pass each other on the sidewalk anyways".

Dr. Leg Kick
Jay-z freestyles all his songs. Doesn't write anything down.

Dr. Leg Kick
if by racist you mean I have good taste in hip hop, then thanks Beastie Boys > Immortal Technique

IT has no flow and continually talks about the same subject matter. Besides the creativity in "Dance With the Devil", and "Peruvian Cocaine" he has no other songs of significance.

This is hip hop.

Cunninlynguists

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os1j47SoIEg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0tsvIchM7g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X6ad9zqBCU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av3VQXiNk4s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npSFbmmKImo

AsbestosFlaygon
Beastie Boys > Immortal Technique
Beastie Boys are Jews.
Wannabe Wiggers.

Eminem > Beastie Boys > Vanilla Ice
(according to Wiggerism)

inimalist
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, and you crossing the street when a black guy walks towards you can be explained by "no one really wanting to pass each other on the sidewalk anyways".

I have space issues...

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Beastie Boys are Jews.
Wannabe Wiggers.

who happen to have better mic skills than Immortal Technique (and most other rappers going)

IT is awesome, and I constantly wonder why the rap most people listen to isn't more like him, but I wouldn't put him on the same level as the Beasties.

He is a better gangster rapper, but the Beastie Boys are just more old school in their style

Dr. Leg Kick
Beastie Boys are Jews.
Wannabe Wiggers.

(according to Wiggerism) Yes, they are of Jewish decent, what does that matter? They were innovators of the genre, and probably still on of the best hip hop material you can listen to. Ask your Immortal Technique if he ever bumped Beastie Boys. Probably knows the lyrics to all their songs.

Bardock42
Beastie Boys are Jews.
Wannabe Wiggers.

(according to Wiggerism)

More like wannabe Jewgros, amirite?

FFS. It seems every possible combination of racial slurrage has already been invented.

inimalist
Yes, they are of Jewish decent, what does that matter? They were innovators of the genre, and probably still on of the best hip hop material you can listen to. Ask your Immortal Technique if he ever bumped Beastie Boys. Probably knows the lyrics to all their songs.

have you heard their instrumental jazz/funk album?

Ordo

You have spoken blasphemy. Etc.

chithappens
Beastie Boys are Jews.
Wannabe Wiggers.

(according to Wiggerism)

Can't we just ignore this guy so he goes away? He is just saying nonsense in every topic I enter.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by chithappens
Can't we just ignore this guy so he goes away? He is just saying nonsense in every topic I enter.

What guy? confused

lord xyz
Eminem, Jay-Z, Black Eye Peas...

They're all the same to me. srug

Cept for Eminem, he's white.

Darth Martin
Who really cares what Jay-Z? I listen to him for his music. Not his beliefs. But he's borderline irrelevant now. I listen to Reasonable Doubt, The Blueprint, and The Black Album. Blueprint 3 is mediocre.

"Hail Mary to the city, you're a virgin, And Jesus can't save you, life starts when the church end"

Kinda dope line. I encourage Jay-Z to say more thought-provoking stuff like this. Unfortunately, he probably won't take my advice.

It's not like there haven't been rappers who write controversial lyrics regarding religion before. Eminem has done it on Renegade. Imortal Technique has gone wild on religion both on The Point of No Return and Industrial Revolution.

Empire State of Mind has been out for awhile. Why has it taken so long for you realize this? Either you don't listen to his music or ignore lyrics. Either way, keep doing what you were doing. Be rest assured, the rest of us will.

On to the next irrelevant topic........

so, Jay-z is apparently the best rapper of our time Please.........

Most sucessful? Possibly. Best or most talented? Hell no.

chithappens
Those are the lyrics before that one line. In that context, it makes a whole lot more sense.

Plus he said Jesus can't save your life when the church ENDS. In other words, if you don't worship then Jesus can't save you.

Idiots make me laughing

inimalist
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Please.........

Most sucessful? Possibly. Best or most talented? Hell no.

Dr. Leg Kick
have you heard their instrumental jazz/funk album? 'In Sound Of Way Out'? Classic.

Shakyamunison
Why would a god get upset about what a human says?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by chithappens
Those are the lyrics before that one line. In that context, it makes a whole lot more sense.

Plus he said Jesus can't save your life when the church ENDS. In other words, if you don't worship then Jesus can't save you.

Idiots make me laughing

So he just heard "you" when Z meant "your"?

AsbestosFlaygon

who happen to have better mic skills than Immortal Technique (and most other rappers going)

IT is awesome, and I constantly wonder why the rap most people listen to isn't more like him, but I wouldn't put him on the same level as the Beasties.

He is a better gangster rapper, but the Beastie Boys are just more old school in their style
no expression

The Beastie Boys are a joke.

They're not even on the same level as other old school rappers like KRS-One or Easy-E.

Anyways, back on topic:
People are taking lyrics too literally.

Bardock42
So he just heard "you" when Z meant "your"?

That's Mr. Z to you.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
That's Mr. Z to you.

Don't be a hater B-dizzle. cool

Dr. Leg Kick
no expression

They're not even on the same level as other old school rappers like KRS-One or Easy-E.

Anyways, back on topic:
People are taking lyrics too literally.

Oh ya, that's why KRS wanted to perform a Beastie Boys song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-FL5WDZEHw

inimalist
no expression

/sigh

AsbestosFlaygon
Oh ya, that's why KRS wanted to perform a Beastie Boys song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-FL5WDZEHw
And what does that prove? erm

voBKxUapAaU

Joe Elliott performed a Taylor Swift song..
Does that make Taylor better than Def Leppard??

Deadline
This thread is the....oh were talking rappers now.

inimalist

so what is your argument?

that despite being recognized numerous times by the music industry, hip hop community, and individual rappers who you respect, despite being influential in the creation of hip hop as a genre, despite working with and being sampled by some of the best names in the business, the Beastie Boys are a joke?

like, taste is one thing, and its cool if you don't like them, but they are more than just "Jews". Its kinda sad that you don't recognize how amazing they are. Their album, The Mix-Up, is a new instrumental funk release, where all the Beasties are playing their own instruments and even after 20 years are still trying to be original.

blah, I'm not going to get sucked into this, but ya, you couldn't be more wrong. Dislike the work they produce, but recognize that any rap you listen to now owes its existence to some white jews from Brooklyn

This is decent:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beastie_boys#Influence

EDIT: couldn't resist:

TwF5r9AV6D8

Dr. Leg Kick

voBKxUapAaU

Joe Elliott performed a Taylor Swift song..
Does that make Taylor better than Def Leppard?? Better? Who's talking anything about BETTER?

I said Beastie Boys were highly influential, therefore the likes of KRS-One have realized such greatness. Whereas you said, KRS one and Eazy E are more significant for their time.

steverules_2
lol Jay-Z and satan are working together on a new album

mikeydude
laughing out loud good stuff.

One Free Man
Originally posted by steverules_2
lol Jay-Z and satan are working together on a new album I thought ac/dc did this already.

inimalist
James Brown sold his soul for funk

PENIS-ENVY
ujh

Janus Marius

I find your rabid defense of the prophet Jesus to be offensive to my beliefs. Jay-Z realizes the falsehood of your wicked ways and will sway the masses away from your carpenter's lies. May his epic rhythms drown out the zombie-like wails of your peers!

http://i47.tinypic.com/2lmm0cj.jpg

Bschott
And anyone is surprised by this from an artist to bring you such hits as:

Big Pimpin'
Can I Get A (F*** you)
Ain't No Nigga
Money, Cash, Hoes
...among others.

The OP really needs to relax. Jay-Z said one line in one song. You want to get worked up, listen to Marylin Manson, Dope, Rob Zombie, Cannibal Corpse, Ministry, or Pantera.

Three points the OP needs to remember:
1) It's just music
2) Not everyone shares your beliefs
3) Just because someone doesn't believe the same thing you do doesn't make them wrong...just different.

Sidenote: I actually enjoy some of Jay-Z's stuff so no need to pull a glock on me.

Thundar

Jay z is like other rappers. He shouldn't dis the man, or kiss the man...but he should definitely show some respect towards him. I don't like hip hop. But I think Jay z is alright...if he tithes.(maybe)

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Thundar
Jay z is like other rappers. He shouldn't dis the man, or kiss the man...but he should definitely show some respect towards him. I don't like hip hop. But I think Jay z is alright...if he tithes.(maybe)

What man are you talking about? confused

rader
JIA, honey, I know we're cool, and we go way back, but I gotta say you're getting worked up over nothing. For instance, Slayer has released such hits as Just South of Heaven and God Hates Us All, and Cradle of Filth put out a shirt that had a masterbating nun on the front, while the back stated "Jesus is a C***" (which I need to find in onesie form for my bff's upcoming child), ever watch the show Hellsing. I doubt it, but one of the lines goes something like "I highly recommend pissing yourself, followed by a course of praying to your impotent god"

Ordo
Hell, Jesus is a lie!

*waits for crazy people to make videos against me*

Davis Bloome
I've always thought this was a load of crap. I highly doubt that Jay-Z wrote lyrics thinking "hey, if these words are reversed backwards by crazy religious people then they'll know I worship Satan." People are so ready to create conspiracy theories that they'll go to any length to do so.

Evilbigfoot
Originally posted by BackFire
Jay-Z doesn't matter.

Also, Jesus doesn't matter.

Lies.

JesusIsAlive

Omega Vision

Shakyamunison
JIA why would god care? God is a grown up, right? Well, you are suggesting that god is a spoiled little brat. I wounder if you are the one doing blasphemy?

Omega Vision
JIA why would god care? God is a grown up, right? Well, you are suggesting that god is a spoiled little brat. I wounder if you are the one doing blasphemy?
Or maybe blasphemy is an idiotic concept created to oppress people and stifle freedom of thought and expression?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Or maybe blasphemy is an idiotic concept created to oppress people and stifle freedom of thought and expression?

Ya, but I was talking to JIA. He would not understand what you just said, or he would consider it to be some form of blasphemy. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.