Loki and Circe vs. Zatanna and Dr. Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zeuodin
All current versions of each.

tideoftime
I would guess Loki and Circe (Circe is more powerful than Zatanna, and Strange isn't as strong as he used to be).

galactusischere
^
Cosigned

jrodslam
More than once, Zee has countered Circe. Shes even defeated her in the past. True Strange isnt what he used to be, so hes the xfactor here imo.

With that said, the question is, is Loki > Strange currently?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by jrodslam
More than once, Zee has countered Circe. Shes even defeated her in the past. True Strange isnt what he used to be, so hes the xfactor here imo.

With that said, the question is, is Loki > Strange currently?

Loki beat Strange back in the day while he was still Sorceror's Supreme and seemed to be fairly superior as I recall. Thor's inteference scared Loki enough to run away. That's what saved him as I recall.

Loki's without a doubt superior to the current joke of a wizard Current Strange is.

iceman24567
Circe isn't more powerful than Zatanna but she is more experienced and crafty with magic.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Loki beat Strange back in the day while he was still Sorceror's Supreme and seemed to be fairly superior as I recall. Thor's inteference scared Loki enough to run away. That's what saved him as I recall.

Loki's without a doubt superior to the current joke of a wizard Current Strange is.

In pure casting vs each other, or did Loki have some type of prep to gain the advantage? No stips?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by jrodslam
In pure casting vs each other, or did Loki have some type of prep to gain the advantage? No stips?

Just pure casting. They were using their magical abilities. Strange created magical clones, Loki went intangible etc. as I recall.

I need to find the issue number to post the scans. I'll do some digging.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Oh and I recall, Strange once nearly passed out and had to use all of his powers to create a barrier to block a singe blast from Loki. Strange was also using the power of his Amulet to aid him as I understand.

tideoftime
Originally posted by iceman24567
Circe isn't more powerful than Zatanna but she is more experienced and crafty with magic.

Circe is generally more powerful; Zatanna is able to mitigate and/or counter a number of her spells, but Circe's "experience" and "crafty" knowledge allows her to tap sources of power Zatanna is not as good at doing. Also, when Zatanna has outplayed Circe, it usually was when Circe wasn't at top form, or (due to story/preceeding circumstances) not as up on her game as usual. And, of course, this doesn't apply to Pre-Crisis incidences, as the previous Circe was not as powerful as her current version.

And, it should go without saying, that Zatanna is certainly powerful enough that, if she gets the drop on Circe (as she functionally did via Batman during Amazons Attack) that her magic can work on Circe, of course. I am just working on a toe-to-toe, no immediate "behind the back" drop on an opponent, et al. Circumstances can always play...

Konton
Team Circe.

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by Konton
Team Circe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.