JLA vs End of Mankind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoos N Scars
Admittedly, most JLA members would survive Doomsday level events, but the purpose of this thread is to see if they could save MANKIND from a doomsday level event...caused by natural phenomenon...and an alien annihilation attempt simultaneously.

Let's say the alien from "The Day The Earth Stood Still" came to Earth with two of his robotic doomsday machines. The alien will have superman level durability and will use his powers to destroy any human/hero he encounters. One of the "robots" will remain in a humanoid form(like it was when the military tried to destroy it). The other robot will devolve into those matter eating insects as seen in the movie...and proceed to eat all traces of mankind and his handiwork.

On top of all this, let's say the events from the movie 2012 are unfolding. Killer earthquakes are sending the west coast of the U.S. into the Pacific Ocean...supervolcanoes are erupting worldwide...leading to a worldwide flood to wipe out mankind. I will not go into more detail for those who have not seen the movie.

Could the JLA prevent the extinction of mankind...or will their attempts fail? Can the JLA stop the Alien onslaught and prevent these natural disasters from happening?

The JLA lineup is:

Superman
Martian Manhunter
Wally West
John Stewart
Kyle Rayner
Wonder Woman
Batman
Captain Marvel

Villains helping the JLA

Black Adam
Lex Luthor

The only thing the JLA can not do is transport mankind to another planet or pocket dimension. They have to be able to stop all these events.

xJLxKing
Most likely yes. Kyle's ring can probably stop those little bugs. I didn't watch 2012 yet, so I can't comment on that

Denny Crane
I'm sure kyle could also rig up a shield around the planet to shield it from those solar neutrinos or whatever caused all the ruckus in 2012. Meanwhile bats can kill all the remaining mayans just for starting the damn rumor.

I think the real issue is how are they gonna stop Neo from wreaking havok. I mean it took thousands of Mr Smiths just to give him a challenge in matrix 2.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Denny Crane
I'm sure kyle could also rig up a shield around the planet to shield it from those solar neutrinos or whatever caused all the ruckus in 2012. Meanwhile bats can kill all the remaining mayans just for starting the damn rumor.

I think the real issue is how are they gonna stop Neo from wreaking havok. I mean it took thousands of Mr Smiths just to give him a challenge in matrix 2.

True, but that isn't a challenge. The devastation must begin for the JLA to go to work...more of a challenge that way.

Also, John and kyle's rings must be recharged...shielding the planet wouldn't be an effective long term solution.

Lord Feron
I think the only chance is GL can handle the insect things imo.

WW could take out the humanoid if not throw in BA and they should smash the guy good .

Or better yet have the humanoid alien under the control of the lasso and have the insect beings help out save the earth but not sure how realistic that is.

Also the brains of the team could make some machine maybe in the space station they have to stop the ddestruction of the earth...

but other than that and outside some rediculious PIS i dont see the heroes/villains being able to save mankind.

Parmaniac
Depends on how far the robotic insects already spread, if it's a small amount of these things then they can if the number is only half of the number it reached in the movie earth is ****ed with or without heros

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.