Lex Luthor vs. Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BattleMage
They fight for control of the planet who wins?

redhotrash
Unless Luthor has like, LOTS of prep, he isnt winning. Even with a lot of prep theres a good chance hes not going to win.

BattleMage
Originally posted by redhotrash
Unless Luthor has like, LOTS of prep, he isnt winning. Even with a lot of prep theres a good chance hes not going to win. Yes with prep 1 week for both.

Omega Vision
Does Lex have control of Brainiac and Doomsday?

Prep-Man
Lex wins with prep. Otherwise he loses.

Omega Vision
That goes without saying, otherwise its like saying "slightly above average man vs Magneto".
I'm curious to see what Magneto would come up with though. Lex Luthor would probably engineer a means to suppress Magneto's mutant powers or create a giant robot made of incredibly durable plastic.

BattleMage
Originally posted by Omega Vision
That goes without saying, otherwise its like saying "slightly above average man vs Magneto".
I'm curious to see what Magneto would come up with though. Lex Luthor would probably engineer a means to suppress Magneto's mutant powers or create a giant robot made of incredibly durable plastic. This is true. I can agree with it. But i still think mags ftw.

redhotrash
In 1 week I dont see him getting much done to counter Magneto, who also has a week

Prep-Man
Didn't Luthor build a time machine quickly? Since Pre-Crisis Luthor counts now, he can be a beast with prep.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm curious to see what Magneto would come up with though. Lex Luthor would probably engineer a means to suppress Magneto's mutant powers or create a giant robot made of incredibly durable plastic.

Magneto has manipulated plastic, wood etc. in the past. Even on a molecular level as I recall.

redhotrash
Magneto is also genius level intelligence in his own right. Not to mention in a week he can just put astroid M back into orbit then drop it on whatever Luthor brings out. Magneto should rarely lose this.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by redhotrash
Magneto is also genius level intelligence in his own right. Not to mention in a week he can just put astroid M back into orbit then drop it on whatever Luthor brings out. Magneto should rarely lose this.

But not close to Luthor, IMO.

redhotrash
I can agree with that, but I think Magneto is smart enough to at least protect his powers from being negated. He just has so much more at his disposal. Luthor is more of a PIS character. He shouldve been obsolete as a main stream villain 20 years ago. Writers keep trying to give him increasingly impressive feats, but they always come across as forced to me.

Prep-Man
I don't think Luthor is all that impressive lately, though. But a well crafty Luthor should beat Magneto, IMO.

psycho gundam
I'm curious to see what Magneto would come up with though. Lex Luthor would probably engineer a means to suppress Magneto's mutant powers or create a giant robot made of incredibly durable plastic. magneto can control the planet's electromagnetic field, therefor he could hold the planet ransom if he wanted. if lex had his own power sources to draw upon during the global blackout, magneto would sense it and deal with it.

lex is at a huge disadvantage in that he can't use any metal in his designs, circuit boards and such can be exploited also. (prep trolling)

current "geezer" magneto probably loses since his greatest attack wouldn't take out all of luthor's best stuff.

redhotrash
And a dedicated Magneto as I said can drop a astroid on him.

Prep-Man
When has he ever done that against his foes?

psycho gundam
he could though, he has feats of being up into the high atmosphere interacting with the earth's poles. IF there was a good size iron meteor out there...like fridge sized he could direct it down wherever he wanted like a rail gun.

there is also space junk from space missions he could use as substitutes.

Prep-Man
And Luthor could build a time machine and go back in time and kill him. Easy peasy.

redhotrash
Hes effortlessly lifted and moved the astroid at high speeds. What makes you think he cant? He hasnt because A) Its his home, and B) He usually is fighting the X-Men, who he generally wont kill because they are fellow mutants. Hes withstood blows from Thor, the Hulk, and multiple nuclear warheads, and generally has scoffed at them while doing so. He can create solid objects from dust particles, can manipulate various forms of energy, and can potentially create blackholes. Not to mention hes dealt with Dr. Doom, who is considerably smarter than Luthor, and Iron Man who is arguably his equal.

Omega Vision
Luthor could blow Asteroid M out of Orbit before Magneto has a chance so I'd say its best if we leave the asteroid out of this.

I'd say Magneto and Luthor are roughly equal prep/intelect wise and seen as M is a lot more powerfull, he wins.

BattleMage
Originally posted by 753
I'd say Magneto and Luthor are roughly equal prep/intelect wise and seen as M is a lot more powerfull, he wins. Not bad

Lord_Talron
WAIT. Pc luthor is applicable? there is NO. WAY. magneto can out-prep this guy. luthor 10/10

ExodusCloak
Magneto can build stuff much, much quicker then Luthor. He assembled a built a cloning machine out of kitchen utensils with a single thought and it worked instantly. Question is what could he build.

If Luthor has to stock up on materials, screw in and assemble everything himself that would take about a week. Possibly more then that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.