Points Match: Cap vs. Bats

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BattleMage
Purely h2h. martial arts point system determines the winner. ko's is welcomed.

who wins? I'm going with Cap.

BattleMage
I see no body want's to touch this one huh?

-Pr-
Batman.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by -Pr-
Batman.

what he said

WickedDynamite
Batman...make that 3

thanos-prime
Cap

Lord Feron
Draw

starlock
Batman

FrothByte
Depends how many rounds. first few rounds bats wins. if it lasts, cap has better stamina so he'll probably catch up in points.

tideoftime
Batman has better finesse/range of skill; Cap is stronger and has better endurance and the edge in movement/immediate reaction speed. In general, a draw; if a "short" fight/limited to X# of points/minutes, then Batman; if prolonged, then Cap.

Philosophía
Batman.

BruceSkywalker
Batman

darthgoober
Which Cap and which Batman are we talking about here? Steve and Bruce or Bucky and Dick?

BattleMage
Cap is faster than Bats better reflexes, he sees faster to.

? Can Batman punch/kick faster than a speeding bullet?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by BattleMage
Cap is faster than Bats better reflexes, he sees faster to.

? Can Batman punch/kick faster than a speeding bullet?
No but neither can Cap.
What Batman has done is tag Impulse and catch an arrow fired by Green Arrow behind his back without even turning around.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Omega Vision
No but neither can Cap.
What Batman has done is tag Impulse and catch an arrow fired by Green Arrow behind his back without even turning around.

your talking about the time when he close lined impulse? Anyway his arm should of broke off and second wasent he mind controlled or something? It was impluse and his little friends taking out the adults?

snoopdogg
Batman.

WickedDynamite
Say no to steroids.

darthgoober
Originally posted by darthgoober
Which Cap and which Batman are we talking about here? Steve and Bruce or Bucky and Dick?

iceman24567
Bucky vs Dick would be unfair imo. Grayson would wreck him with superior skill and speed.

BattleMage
No but neither can Cap.
What Batman has done is tag Impulse and catch an arrow fired by Green Arrow behind his back without even turning around. I only ask cause cap dodges bullets close rang thats all.

rotiart
Tie if it's Steve vs Bruce
dick if it's dick vs bucky
cap if it's cap vs dick
and Bruce if it's Bruce vs bucky...

Overall I think bucky is a loser

Omega Vision
I only ask cause cap dodges bullets close rang thats all.
Dodging bullets from up close is actually easier than dodging them from a great distance. (Don't ask me to explain it, it has something to do with reaction time and being close enough to anticipate the bullet). Batman has plenty of instances of dodging bullets, even sniper rifle fire. Hell he once blocked a bullet with his bat-gauntlet (or whatever its called).

And off topic BM but I like the new sig.

BattleMage
Dodging bullets from up close is actually easier than dodging them from a great distance. (Don't ask me to explain it, it has something to do with reaction time and being close enough to anticipate the bullet). Batman has plenty of instances of dodging bullets, even sniper rifle fire. Hell he once blocked a bullet with his bat-gauntlet (or whatever its called).

And off topic BM but I like the new sig. Thanks brother, But respect is do to Starlock!

Omega Vision
Thanks brother, But respect is do to Starlock!
Huh I need him to make me a boss sig as well, seems like he makes a lot of the sigs here.

Deadline

And off topic BM but I like the new sig.

Wow that reallly proves that Batman is faster.

Darth Martin
Think of it as LeBron James and Kobe Bryant.

Cap(James) has more physical stats going for him. While Bats(Bryant) is the smarter and more martially skilled of the two.

-Pr-
bruce, probably.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Darth Martin
While Bats(Bryant) is the smarter of the two.

Good thing this isnt a science fare than...tactically? Battlefield and combat analytical skills? Im not sure bats has an edge where it counts.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Juk3n
Good thing this isnt a science fare than...tactically? Battlefield and combat analytical skills? Im not sure bats has an edge where it counts.

bruce is actually the most tactically minded of the league,and that's saying something. is he on cap's level? probably not, but he's not exactly far off either.

Juk3n
Originally posted by -Pr-
bruce is actually the most tactically minded of the league,and that's saying something. is he on cap's level? probably not, but he's not exactly far off either.

sure id buy that, my only point was the catagory didnt belong to Bats.

-Pr-
sure id buy that, my only point was the catagory didnt belong to Bats.

true.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Say no to steroids.

Yeah, don't learn that the hard way like Batman did.

While Bats(Bryant) is the smarter of the two.

Bats nearly got his teammates killed because of plans he made. And instead of learning from the experience, he went and did the same thing again.

Doesn't sound too smart to me.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Yeah, don't learn that the hard way like Batman did.

Bats nearly got his teammates killed because of plans he made. And instead of learning from the experience, he went and did the same thing again.

Doesn't sound too smart to me.
You're not seriously going to suggest Captain "I'm going to throw my shield at it" America is smarter than Bruce Wayne.
Bats' paranoia gives him a blind spot but the fact is he had to be pretty damn smart to come up with the plans in the first place.

darthgoober
Assuming we're talking about Steve and Bruce H2H, Cap should take it. He's just as skilled, has the edge physically, and is likely a better tactician so 8/10 hard fought wins seems about right...

carver9
Originally posted by darthgoober
Assuming we're talking about Steve and Bruce H2H, Cap should take it. He's just as skilled, has the edge physically, and is likely a better tactician so 8/10 hard fought wins seems about right...

I agree with this.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by carver9
I agree with this.

Me too.

Darth Martin
I actually think the point system helps Batman rather than a straight up brawl with no rules. He's more martially diverse in his skills.

Good thing this isnt a science fare than...tactically? Battlefield and combat analytical skills? Im not sure bats has an edge where it counts. I say he's smarter there too. With the possible exception of Deathstroke he's the best tactitian in DC. And if Cap is better than him, it's a small inconcievable amount that won't have any bearing on the outcome......

Bats nearly got his teammates killed because of plans he made. And instead of learning from the experience, he went and did the same thing again. I don't think that's fair to blame it on Batman. Ra's Al Ghul put them into action. Batman made them. And that is something you have to give him credit for. Could Cap have devised plans similar to those for the Avengers? Maybe, maybe not. Batman has and is the constant tactitian for the most powerful group of heroes conformed on Earth.

FrothByte
if we're talking about scientific knowledge, then yes bats is smarter. after all, he has all these gadgets and inventions going not to mention his detective skills and all.

but battle field tactics i still give to cap. cap is more like the general while bats is the assassin.

chilled monkey
I actually think the point system helps Batman rather than a straight up brawl with no rules. He's more martially diverse in his skills.

I'm not so sure about that. Captain America has mastered every form of hand-to-hand combat on Earth and has stated so himself. Sure, he usually sticks to his kickboxing/ju-jitsu skills, but really, that's only because that's usually all he needs.

Plus in the crossover (which is canon), Cap was matching Batman move for move. In terms of technical skill I'd say they're about even.

I don't think that's fair to blame it on Batman. Ra's Al Ghul put them into action. Batman made them.

Why not blame it on Batman? If he hadn't created those plans they wouldn't have existed for Ra's to use them.

If it was just once that would be okay (even the smartest of people screw-up sometimes), but he didn't learn anything from the experience and did basically the same thing with that "Brother Eye" fiasco.

I mean really Batman, how many times do you have to give your enemies the means to take over the world, how many disasters have to occur before you think "okay, maybe this isn't a good idea."

Omega Vision
I'm not so sure about that. Captain America has mastered every form of hand-to-hand combat on Earth and has stated so himself. Sure, he usually sticks to his kickboxing/ju-jitsu skills, but really, that's only because that's usually all he needs.

Plus in the crossover (which is canon), Cap was matching Batman move for move. In terms of technical skill I'd say they're about even.

Plus Batman knows a lot of esoteric stuff that Cap will never know about Martial Arts.

Why not blame it on Batman? If he hadn't created those plans they wouldn't have existed for Ra's to use them.

If it was just once that would be okay (even the smartest of people screw-up sometimes), but he didn't learn anything from the experience and did basically the same thing with that "Brother Eye" fiasco.

I mean really Batman, how many times do you have to give your enemies the means to take over the world, how many disasters have to occur before you think "okay, maybe this isn't a good idea."
And how many times have guys like Superman fallen prey to mind control or other means of tampering? All things considered DC Earth is safer thanks to Batman's paranoia. At least Batman always takes responsibility and ends up saving everyone from his hijacked plans.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.