Monarch vs this Demon.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nicamarvin
ok guys I want to join the Band Wagon........

this is Monarch

VS

Atum The God Eater(Demogorge, Demon form)........ cool

How this goes..... confused

iceman24567
You have your own wagon all your threads are Demogorge vs threads. Monarch stomps

nicamarvin
Originally posted by iceman24567
You have your own wagon all your threads are Demogorge vs threads. Monarch stomps Not as of late.......... roll eyes (sarcastic) right now its the Monarch Band Wagon...... smokin'

Colossus-Big C
You have your own wagon all your threads are Demogorge vs threads. Monarch stomps no expression
demogorge eats him alive

Omega Vision
What are his feats against non-Gods?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Omega Vision
What are his feats against non-Gods? hes never fought a non god. but he beat mephisto in his own realm.

DTM
If this is Monarch during the CIIE finale (his full power), he wins pretty easily to me.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by DTM
If this is Monarch during the CIIE finale (his full power), he wins pretty easily to me.
Are you thinking of the Anti-Monitor?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
no expression
demogorge eats him alive Then he gets blasted from the inside. Monarch via ass whoop

DTM
Are you thinking of the Anti-Monitor?

Ah yes, er sorry about that. smile

Omega Vision
Monarch never once showed much effort when fighting. I don't believe Prime was close to him in power yet Monarch terribly underestimated his power and frankly stupidity. He didn't think anyone would be strong and dumb enough to tear his suit open. His power is hard to gauge but I'd say he's at least elite skyfather.

Colossus-Big C
Then he gets blasted from the inside. Monarch via ass whoop dont mind that skrull bull.
even mephisto couldnt bust out of atum

leonidas
atum, is considerably above that. his power is difficult to gauge in this type of setting though because he was expressly created to kill gods. his power is such that he can wipe out entire pantheons without much trouble. if he is capable of bringing his full power to bear, atum could win it. trouble with that is that's it's really hard to say whether he COULD bring all his power to bear in this match. erm

quanchi112
Monarch loses, badly.

Batman-Prime
Monarch stomps

http://www.tuttomessenger.it/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/serious-business.png

Warlord
it would be hard of either to win

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by leonidas
atum, is considerably above that. his power is difficult to gauge in this type of setting though because he was expressly created to kill gods. his power is such that he can wipe out entire pantheons without much trouble. if he is capable of bringing his full power to bear, atum could win it. trouble with that is that's it's really hard to say whether he COULD bring all his power to bear in this match. erm
indeed, current atum im not to sure about,
classic demogorge stomps monarch

iceman24567
Originally posted by leonidas
atum, is considerably above that. his power is difficult to gauge in this type of setting though because he was expressly created to kill gods. his power is such that he can wipe out entire pantheons without much trouble. if he is capable of bringing his full power to bear, atum could win it. trouble with that is that's it's really hard to say whether he COULD bring all his power to bear in this match. erm He is the gods kryptonite Monarch isn't a god it's a whole different story here. Monarch rips Atum's head off

Omega Vision
He is the gods kryptonite Monarch isn't a god it's a whole different story here. Monarch rips Atum's head off
Yeah its kind of like Drax the destroyer in that him ripping Thanos' heart out doesn't mean he has greater strength than guys like Thor who have fought Thanos in the past, just that he was engineered to kill him just as Atum was "engineered" to kill Gods.

Colossus-Big C
Yeah its kind of like Drax the destroyer in that him ripping Thanos' heart out doesn't mean he has greater strength than guys like Thor who have fought Thanos in the past, just that he was engineered to kill him just as Atum was "engineered" to kill Gods. yea but against a non gods, atums bio says he still has powers greater than that of odin and zeus

iceman24567
yea but against a non gods, atums bio says he still has powers greater than that of odin and zeus

omg no way his bio ftw! no expression

AsbestosFlaygon
Monarch could've triggered another 'crisis', if it weren't for that SMP-PIS event.
He is well capable of destroying realities.

As powerful as Atum is, he won't win against a PIS-free scenario.

Last resort tactic, Monarch could destroy the universe they are fighting in for a BFR win imho.

quanchi112
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Monarch could've triggered another 'crisis', if it weren't for that SMP-PIS event.

Last resort tactic, Monarch could destroy the universe they are fighting in for a BFR win imho. If Monarch blows up he loses.

quanchi112
Yeah its kind of like Drax the destroyer in that him ripping Thanos' heart out doesn't mean he has greater strength than guys like Thor who have fought Thanos in the past, just that he was engineered to kill him just as Atum was "engineered" to kill Gods. Care to prove it?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

Last resort tactic, Monarch could destroy the universe they are fighting in for a BFR win imho.
Monarch was a terribly wasted villain. They should have had him as the ultimate villain of Countdown instead of Darkseid. That way there wouldn't have been so many inconsistencies with Final Crisis.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
Care to prove it?
Prove what?

iceman24567
Monarch was a terribly wasted villain. They should have had him as the ultimate villain of Countdown instead of Darkseid. That way there wouldn't have been so many inconsistencies with Final Crisis. Oh god you are so right reread IC arena twice and he wasn't threatened by anybody he abducted even Chris Kent amped wasn't a threat

quanchi112
Prove what? Demogorge only has powers which affect gods.

Omega Vision
Demogorge only has powers which affect gods.
I didn't say that, just that all his best feats are against gods and his best attack (absorption) is most likely limited to Gods. Monarch though more powerful than most Gods in either DC or Marvel is not a God per se, if anything he's a Quantum Elemental.

quanchi112
I didn't say that, just that all his best feats are against gods and his best attack (absorption) is most likely limited to Gods. Monarch though more powerful than most Gods in either DC or Marvel is not a God per se, if anything he's a Quantum Elemental. Prime showed himself to be powerful enough at his core strength to beat him. Gorge crushed Meph/Seth/other various death gods like they were gnats when they combined realms.

Monarch owning top tiers and such is laughable compared to the ridiculous ease Gorge owned the combined efforts of these death gods.

Omega Vision
Prime showed himself to be powerful enough at his core strength to beat him. Gorge crushed Meph/Seth/other various death gods like they were gnats when they combined realms.

Monarch owning top tiers and such is laughable compared to the ridiculous ease Gorge owned the combined efforts of these death gods.
Prime's feat was PIS/CIS for Monarch. If Monarch had actually taken the fight seriously and hadn't wasted time taunting Prime the rupture would have never happened. And what do you mean Top Tier? I'm pretty sure Captain Atom has always been Herald, as is Superman and Wonder Woman and Green Lantern. He trashed multiple versions of these characters with laughable ease.

And yet he failed to kill a single Skrull God.

Colossus-Big C
omg no way his bio ftw! no expression mephisto isnt a god, that didnt stop atum from eating him along with his realm.... stick out tongue

TheKahn

And yet he failed to kill a single Skrull God.

no expression

Come on, you're better than that. You know the specific context of that fight is incredibly important as to why Atum was defeated by "a single Skrull God." Using it as a means to diminish Atum overall is inaccurate and poor form to boot.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by TheKahn
no expression

Come on, you're better than that. You know the specific context of that fight is incredibly important as to why Atum was defeated by "a single Skrull God." Using it as a means to diminish Atum overall is inaccurate and poor form to boot.
Of course it was PIS/plot device but it hurts his credibility as the God-Eater.

TheKahn
Of course it was PIS/plot device but it hurts his credibility as the God-Eater.

No more so than when a regular person is able to bring Superman down to his knees with a chunk of kryptonite or a blast of red sunlight - having a very specific weakness exploited doesn't hurt a character's credibility especially when his/her opponent in a forum fight isn't even capable of doing it.

iceman24567
mephisto isnt a god, that didnt stop atum from eating him along with his realm.... stick out tongue He's a death god a splinter realm lord he's a frickin god

quanchi112
Prime's feat was PIS/CIS for Monarch. If Monarch had actually taken the fight seriously and hadn't wasted time taunting Prime the rupture would have never happened. And what do you mean Top Tier? I'm pretty sure Captain Atom has always been Herald, as is Superman and Wonder Woman and Green Lantern. He trashed multiple versions of these characters with laughable ease.

And yet he failed to kill a single Skrull God. We saw Prime was capable of doing so though. Monarch was more powerful but Prime is still strong enough to beat him which he did.

these are characters far less than the death gods/demons I mentioned.

Context.

Omega Vision
We saw Prime was capable of doing so though. Monarch was more powerful but Prime is still strong enough to beat him which he did.

these are characters far less than the death gods/demons I mentioned.

Context.
He beat him thanks to Monarch's supreme overconfidence. Don't you think if Monarch put any real effort and guarded himself that he would have beaten Prime with ease?

quanchi112
He beat him thanks to Monarch's supreme overconfidence. Don't you think if Monarch put any real effort and guarded himself that he would have beaten Prime with ease? No, or else he would have. Monarch thought he killed Prime so he intended to do so. Now, I see Monarch as more powerful but Prime as strong enough to beat him.

He gets absorbed here.

Colossus-Big C
He's a death god a splinter realm lord he's a frickin god can any one else agree with this? mephisto a god?

iceman24567
He's not your traditional Norse, Olympian or Egyptian god but he is a god how do you think he was born?

Omega Vision
I believe he was born when some primordial demon split into all the various demons in the universe. He's pretty much a god and he's been considered more or less the same kind of entity as Hela, a death god.

iceman24567
^ he was created from the evil/negative energies Atum released

JakeTheBank
Co-signed. Mephisto is a Hell Lord, a demon of such power he essentially is considered to be a god.

Colossus-Big C
^ he was created from the evil/negative energies Atum released this is true

Colossus-Big C
is mephisto>monarch?

iceman24567
Those energies were godly no expression

iceman24567
is mephisto>monarch? No trying to use abc logic here would be the worst thing you can do.

Colossus-Big C
double post

quanchi112
double post I don't think so.

Colossus-Big C
thing to note.
when atum went into nightmares realm, his only fear was revealed to be Eternity....

iceman24567
Why does that matter? The only thing most people fear is god. Does that mean only god can beat the tar out of them.

Omega Vision
is mephisto>monarch?
In his own realm probably not, out of his realm HELL NO!

WhiteWitchKing
I believe he was born when some primordial demon split into all the various demons in the universe. He's pretty much a god and he's been considered more or less the same kind of entity as Hela, a death god.

^ he was created from the evil/negative energies Atum released

You're both wrong. He was created when the Infinity Being committed suicide and his kind came into being along with the universe. I'm pretty sure this is the most recent telling of his origin and thus retcons yours. So today's lesson is, I'm right. stick out tongue

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
You're both wrong. He was created when the Infinity Being committed suicide and his kind came into being along with the universe. I'm pretty sure this is the most recent telling of his origin and thus retcons yours. So today's lesson is, I'm right. stick out tongue no, actually your wrong, they already have him as being created by demogorge. so your telling me mephisto came before gaea and the elder gods who are billions of years old? he would of been consumed by the demogorge if that were true.

iceman24567
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
You're both wrong. He was created when the Infinity Being committed suicide and his kind came into being along with the universe. I'm pretty sure this is the most recent telling of his origin and thus retcons yours. So today's lesson is, I'm right. stick out tongue I don't acknowledge retcons that make zero sense wink

Blanket
I don't understand why people think that another origin that doesn't directly contradict anything must mean the previous origin got retconned.

Unless I'm missing something about the Atum instance.

iceman24567
You missed everything no expression

Blanket
explain

Original Smurph
Why does that matter? The only thing most people fear is god. Does that mean only god can beat the tar out of them. That's not at all true. People fear all sorts of things. Heights, disease, pain, awkward situations, etc.

iceman24567
You forgot anal sex

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Blanket
I don't understand why people think that another origin that doesn't directly contradict anything must mean the previous origin got retconned.

Unless I'm missing something about the Atum instance.
Short attention spans mostly.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Blanket
explain
mephisto is a second generation demon who came after the elder god/demons rule on earth(created by demogorge)
now this new origion says he was created by the infinity being at the begining of time no expression

galactusischere
In his own realm probably not, out of his realm HELL NO!

Meph in hes realm would whoop Monarch's ass. Outside he would die a horrible death.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.