Proteus Vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galactusischere
Kevin MacTaggert Vs. The mad titan.
Proteus after he lost hes weakness to iron.
Thanos prior to hes last upgrade.

Who wins?

nicamarvin
sorry Dude you made a Spite Thread...

psycho gundam
imo, the reality warp won't have a lasting effect on thanos

galactusischere
Originally posted by nicamarvin
sorry Dude you made a Spite Thread...

lol ok but in favour of...?

galactusischere
BUMP!

carver9
Thanos would win some but proteus would get the majority.

galactusischere
Originally posted by carver9
Thanos would win some but proteus would get the majority. But isn't Thanos extremely resistent to RW?

carver9
Originally posted by galactusischere
But isn't Thanos extremely resistent to RW?

Again, he probably could be resistant but has he faced someone that has mastered it and have the control that proteus have?

galactusischere
Originally posted by carver9
Again, he could be resistant but has he faced someone that has mastered it and have the control that proteus have?

didn't he resist master order and lord chaos' warp?

galactusischere
It happened just before Thanos took the Inbetweener's infinity gem from him.

pinksushi1
Thanos resisted The Maker's reality warping powers.

Harbinger
Didn't Thanos tank some mass scale reality warping during Infinity Quest? I'll have to dig up a scan of it.

Found it, courtesy of dawsey28:

Thanos goes through a myriad of dimensions
http://img235.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img235&image=reality5hd.jpg

pinksushi1
There is nothing Proteus can do to hurt Thanos. Thanos is resistant to both telepathy and reality warping.

carver9
Originally posted by Harbinger
Didn't Thanos tank some mass scale reality warping during Infinity Quest? I'll have to dig up a scan of it.

Damn, I hate you for showing me that.

AsbestosFlaygon
thumb up

Thanos' is extremely durable against reality warping.

He also wields Power Cosmic much greater than Silver Surfer.
Top-tier Eternal Mutant for sure, and can rival most Omega-level Human Mutants.

Kid Kurdy

Not exactly an attack from a powerful reality warper. He was traveling through dimensions but he was not attacked, not in the least.

Theoretically, Proteus has a good chance beating Thanos, but IIRC, Proteus wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

To put it in another way: if Proteus was smart, he would own Thanos.

psycho gundam
thanos is far smarter, and proteus' power won't do jack shit.

checkmate

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thanos is far smarter
True

How many powerful reality warpers has Thanos fought ? And have you any idea of the powers of Proteus ? Proteus almost had godly powers.

Not really.

pinksushi1
Proteus is no match for Thanos.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by pinksushi1
Proteus is no match for Thanos.
Proteus can do whatever he wants. That's his power.

pinksushi1
And Thanos is immune to reality warping powers. Thanos can manipulate and project cosmic energy and is too powerful for Proteus' powers to affect him.

Harbinger
I've got to ask why Proteus is getting so much love as of late.

Has he ever been able to affect a character on Thanos' level? We're talking about a guy who has complete molecular control of his body, and could quite possibly screw with Proteus' energy form with his own matter manip. skills. I get that reality warping is a great skill, but Thanos has tanked such abilities before. Proteus may be strong, but is he that strong?

pinksushi1
I've got to ask why Proteus is getting so much love as of late.

Has he ever been able to affect a character on Thanos' level? We're talking about a guy who has complete molecular control of his body, and could quite possibly screw with Proteus' energy form with his own matter manip. skills. I get that reality warping is a great skill, but Thanos has tanked such abilities before. Proteus may be strong, but is he that strong?

Thank you.

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Kid Kurdy
And Thanos is immune to reality warping powers.
Since when ?

As far as I know, Thanos is still a part of reality, molecular control or no molecular control. Proteus > reality.

Thanos can only hurt Proteus by using metal. The bad thing is, Proteus can change every ultimate mega-weapon Thanos uses into nice yellow flowers. Or in an adamantium dragon that attacks Thanos (I would do that).

With prep, Thanos has a good chance beating Proteus. Without prep... well anything can happen when you are fighting a crazy reality warper.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Since when ?

As far as I know, Thanos is still a part of reality, molecular control or no molecular control. Proteus > reality.

Thanos can only hurt Proteus by using metal. The bad thing is, Proteus can change every ultimate mega-weapon Thanos uses into nice yellow flowers. Or in an adamantium dragon that attacks Thanos (I would do that).

With prep, Thanos has a good chance beating Proteus. Without prep... well anything can happen when you are fighting a crazy reality warper.

Kid Kurdy
Maybe, as long as you are not talking about the fight in Samaritan 4, because I didn't notice any reality warping powers, only blasts.

"Id"
Proteus reality warping should give him an advantage.

Like create another Drax, so he can rip his heart out.

Nihilist
Thanos wins

If he can resist the reality warping effect of every reality trying to warp him,Proteus any standing much chance.

"Id"
Right facepalm

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by "Id"
Right facepalm

That is about what I think about you giving Proteus the win...

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos wins

If he can resist the reality warping effect of every reality trying to warp him,Proteus any standing much chance.
Another one of his fights that never happened ?

Xplosive
There is nothing Proteus can do to hurt Thanos. Thanos is resistant to both telepathy and reality warping.

Thanos has good resistance against reality warping, but he is not resistant or immune to it.

And Thanos is immune to reality warping powers.

Really? What don't you get?

Originally posted by Nihilist
If he can resist the reality warping effect of every reality trying to warp him, Proteus any standing much chance.

facepalm

pinksushi1
Thanos can manipulate and project cosmic energy. That should put him above Proteus. Technically, there is nothing they can do to hurt each other.

Kid Kurdy
Thanos can manipulate and project cosmic energy. That should put him above Proteus.
Eh no. Just no.

pinksushi1
So being able to manipulate a building means nothing to manipulating chairs?

LOL. Sorry. I couldn't think of any other way of explaining it.

Harbinger
I think this is a case of going by powerset and not feats.

pinksushi1
If Proteus can defeat Thanos, then so can Onslaught.

Nihilist
Another one of his fights that never happened ? You should read more it would help you, instead of saying stupid stuff.

Batman-Prime
Proteus wins.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Proteus wins.
If Proteus attacks Thanos fast and uses his brains, yes. With prep, Thanos wins most of the time.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos all day everyday

Kid Kurdy
You really thought this through, didn't you ?

Batman-Prime
If Proteus attacks Thanos fast and uses his brains, yes. With prep, Thanos wins most of the time.

There are few beings beating Thanos with prep. ^^

Enyalus
In addition to him resisting the passive reality warp of multiple realities during Thanos Quest, he's also resisted and overcome Thor with the Power Gem's reality warp while he was inside of Thor's consciousness (I'm not sure what else to call it besides a reality warp.)

I don't believe Thanos would be effected by Proteus' power. So Thanos wins.

kakuzu
Thanos loseses unless some one has proof some one tried to manipulate him and with will power he just blocked it out. He went through the dimensions and all but it didn't say it would kil him just fatal to a normal man. They probably go crazy from the pain maybe/

Enyalus
Originally posted by kakuzu
Thanos loseses unless some one has proof some one tried to manipulate him and with will power he just blocked it out.
He does exactly that in Warlock Chronicles #8. Do you need scans?
He went through the dimensions and all but it didn't say it would kil him just fatal to a normal man.
No, it specifically said it would've killed him if he had done it prior to the upgrade that Death had given him. Nothing in there about a normal man.

kakuzu
Originally posted by Enyalus

No, it specifically said it would've killed him if he had done it prior to the upgrade that Death had given him. Nothing in there about a normal man.

No fatal doesn't automatically mean kill it can mean some one going crazy or insane. As you could clearly see all it did was mess him form up and put him back together it didn't show anything in there of him resisting and putting himself back.

Nihilist

No, it specifically said it would've killed him if he had done it prior to the upgrade that Death had given him. Nothing in there about a normal man. thumb up Protues hasnt shown the power of reality warping Thanos has ressited and overcome.

Enyalus
No fatal doesn't automatically mean kill it can mean some one going crazy or insane.
erm Fatal does mean lethal/kill/death/whateverothersynonymsthereare.
As you could clearly see all it did was mess him form up and put him back together it didn't show anything in there of him resisting and putting himself back.
He held himself together via his tremendous will.

psycho gundam
In addition to him resisting the passive reality warp of multiple realities during Thanos Quest, he's also resisted and overcome Thor with the Power Gem's reality warp while he was inside of Thor's consciousness (I'm not sure what else to call it besides a reality warp.)

I don't believe Thanos would be effected by Proteus' power. So Thanos wins. proteus' power working on thanos in hopes of overcoming him is dubious at best.

Harbinger
No one ever answered these questions:

When has Proteus ever successfully affected someone on Thanos' level?

What's stopping Thanos from screwing with Proteus' energy form via matter manip?

kakuzu

erm Fatal does mean lethal/kill/death/whateverothersynonymsthereare.

He held himself together via his tremendous will.

If thats what keeps a smile on your face sure. In that situtation you can plainly see through different dimensions it had different or not effcts

Enyalus
In that situtation you can plainly see through different dimensions it had different or not effcts
Yes. And the reason he was able to overcome their effects each time was because he mentally held himself together, instead of becoming completely overwhelmed and getting killed. As he stated on panel would've happened prior to his upgrade.

Harbinger
Beat me to it.

psycho gundam
it'd be checkmate if proteus tried to take over thanos' body, and he might try it seeing his warp amount to nothing.

AsbestosFlaygon
It wasn't Thanos' will alone that held him together when he traversed the Nexus of Realities... it was his own immense durability and matter manip that also helped a lot.

Proteus needs to have reality manip on par with Clyde Wyncham or James Braddock, Jr. to stand a chance of winning against one of the strongest Mutants in comic history.

Enyalus
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Proteus needs to have reality manip on par with Clyde Wyncham or James Braddock, Jr. to stand a chance of winning against one of the strongest Mutants in comic history.
And I thought you were doing so well. sad

AsbestosFlaygon
You don't honestly think i was being serious, did you?

Enyalus
You don't honestly think i was being serious, did you?
I was praying to the deathless Vishanti you weren't.

Kid Kurdy
No one ever answered these questions:

When has Proteus ever successfully affected someone on Thanos' level?

What's stopping Thanos from screwing with Proteus' energy form via matter manip?
1. Proteus has had very few appearances. That doesn't make him less dangerous.

2. Reality > matter manipulation

Tell me, how exactly is Thanos gonna beat Proteus ?

Kid Kurdy
Thanos loseses unless some one has proof some one tried to manipulate him and with will power he just blocked it out. He went through the dimensions and all but it didn't say it would kil him just fatal to a normal man. They probably go crazy from the pain maybe/
He only went through dimensions (and it messed him up by the way, he needed to focus), he was not attacked by a powerful reality warper.

Xplosive

So not to win, but to stand a chance you need Jammie Braddock powers?
Thanos is nothing more but a fly to Braddock.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Xplosive
So not to win, but to stand a chance you need Jammie Braddock powers?
Thanos is nothing more but a fly to Braddock.
I know laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.