Re-casting Khan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
Lets say Star trek 2 is going to be having Khan, dunno if anythings been confirmed on him yet but who would you cast as khan?

jaden101
Jean Claude Van Damme.

steverules_2
Any reason?

Doctor-Alvis
He can do the splits over phaser fire.

BruceSkywalker
no......

Robtard
Originally posted by steverules_2
Lets say Star trek 2 is going to be having Khan, dunno if anythings been confirmed on him yet but who would you cast as khan?

(Said this months ago in a dif thread) My pick would be Javier Bardem. I am certain with 100% certainty, that he'd be the best to play a new Khan. Khan-nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

http://spankmebenicio.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/244bardemjavier100506.jpg

Sadako of Girth
He could totally pull that off in all aspects.

Good call.

steverules_2
Yeah, he's got a good look for Khan but I have never seen him act so I can't make any calls on that unfortunately

Robtard
Yeah, he's got a good look for Khan but I have never seen him act so I can't make any calls on that unfortunately

No Country For Old Men

Vicky Christina Barcelona

Two good films where he shows his abilities. Go out and rent them, stat.

steverules_2
Yes sir!

Sadako of Girth
I was sold just on No Country....

I havent seen the other.

steverules_2
According to tard we must

Sadako of Girth
Well Ive never known him to recommend anything other than genius gold.... so yes.

steverules_2
This is the first time he has told me two films to go watch so...I can't really say he's bad at suggestions on movies or good on them

Sadako of Girth
Well I can speak for "No country" personally.
And as predicted by the "Robtard being right in his recommendations" model, it is a work of excellence.

(and the perfect vehicle for reasons why he should play Khan)

Robtard
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Well I can speak for "No country" personally.
And as predicted by the "Robtard being right in his recommendations" model, it is a work of excellence.

(and the perfect vehicle for reasons why he should play Khan)

It NCFOM, he shows how he can portray cold calculating intelligence and ruthlessness without a second thought.

In Vicky Christina Barcelona (a damn decent chick-flick), he shows his charm, suave and ways of influence.

All things Khan-nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, imo.

steverules_2
That does sound very Khanish, he does seem to have the right look as well

Robtard
That does sound very Khanish, he does seem to have the right look as well

Go out and rent these films, stat!

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Robtard
It NCFOM, he shows how he can portray cold calculating intelligence and ruthlessness without a second thought.

In Vicky Christina Barcelona (a damn decent chick-flick), he shows his charm, suave and ways of influence.

All things Khan-nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, imo.

Oh absolutely. The almost debonair charisma has to emulated.

Charm that smiles like a snake ready to attack your jugular at any given moment, but when he does so, it would be with a modicum of etiquette.

jaden101
Any reason?

The mullet.

Lets face it. We can't have a serious actor doing the role. It was camp in the 1st place...The latest ST movie was camp...It needs come camp and hammy acting....JCVD would fit extremely well.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
The mullet.

Lets face it. We can't have a serious actor doing the role. It was camp in the 1st place...The latest ST movie was camp...It needs come camp and hammy acting....JCVD would fit extremely well.
You're insane.

In WoK, we had the late, great thespian Ricardo Montalban quoting Melville's Moby Dick, sir. MOBY DICK. JCVD could never.

Sadako of Girth
But he'd do the splits though, as he failed.

He also would have a twin VD brother that could be his onscreen understudy, as his cloned brother struggles on awkwardly through the reading like a quadruple amputee having to slowly roll his way out of a minefield.

VD 'Eeeeeeee asks me.....'Eeeeeeeeee--ummmm- ummmmmmmmm'

*Understudy pipes in, whispering*

VD: "Eeeeeeeeeeeee tasks me........."

Shey Tapani
Antony Wong.

Shey Tapani
Ron Perlman

darthmaul1
They would first have to encounter the botany bay in cryogenic freeze first, so there wouldn't be a revenge story yet.

The Nuul
Shouldnt Kahn be younger like Kirk is and not some 40 year old dude?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by darthmaul1
They would first have to encounter the botany bay in cryogenic freeze first, so there wouldn't be a revenge story yet.

i agree... if khan appears in the new movies it really shouldn't be until the third film.. in the upcoming sequel they should set the stage for khan to appear and then the sequel afterward should be full blown khan

CadoAngelus
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Christopher_Mintz-Plasse_-_001.jpg/402px-Christopher_Mintz-Plasse_-_001.jpg

I think he'd be really good as Khan: Christopher Mintz-Plasse...

wink

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud

CadoAngelus
you know it makes sense

RussellBrooks
Originally posted by CadoAngelus
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Christopher_Mintz-Plasse_-_001.jpg/402px-Christopher_Mintz-Plasse_-_001.jpg

LOL. I thought he'd make a good Ferenghi

wink

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by RussellBrooks
LOL. I thought he'd make a good Ferenghi

hahahahaha, yeah, i can see that

Robtard
Ferenghi weren't encountered as of yet, but yeah, he'd make a good sniveling one.

BruceSkywalker

wink

this cat looks like he is 8 or 9 years old....

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
this cat looks like he is 8 or 9 years old....

he's 20...but yeah. He's american so he looks naturally young

BruceSkywalker
he's 20...but yeah. He's american so he looks naturally young

he looks like a dork, but what acting experience does he have?

CadoAngelus
he looks like a dork, but what acting experience does he have?

- Superbad: McLovin
- Role Models: Augie
- Year One: Isaac
- upcoming Kick-Ass: Red Mist

BruceSkywalker
- Superbad: McLovin
- Role Models: Augie
- Year One: Isaac
- upcoming Kick-Ass: Red Mist

oh ok, sounds like decent flicks..

Khan is the quintessential villain from Star Trek, one who must be casted just right in order for it to work properly.. besides i would rather see Khan shown only a little in the next film and then full blown Khan where he is the one and only villain in the second sequel

DarthLazious
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
He could totally pull that off in all aspects.

Good call.

I agree.

Robtard
Originally posted by The Nuul
Shouldnt Kahn be younger like Kirk is and not some 40 year old dude?

No, he was in his late 30's or early 40's when he fled Earth in 1996 and went into hypersleep.

BruceSkywalker
No, he was in his late 30's or early 40's when he fled Earth in 1996 and went into hypersleep.

rob do you think j.j. will follow space seed?

Doctor-Alvis
I think Spider-man fans everywhere will be behind me when I say be careful what you wish for when it comes to wanting iconic villains in your movies.

Robtard
rob do you think j.j. will follow space seed?

I hope he only loosely follows it; considering it's an alternate time-line, it shouldn't be too difficult to pen a script.

I'd prefer Khan be found by another ship; another captain, doesn't even have to be the Federation either. Then Khan's shenanigans happen; he makes a ruckus in space that drags the Federation in and Kurt/Enterprise are called in to get involved. Something like that.

BruceSkywalker
I hope he only loosely follows it; considering it's an alternate time-line, it shouldn't be too difficult to pen a script.

I'd prefer Khan be found by another ship; another captain, doesn't even have to be the Federation either. Then Khan's shenanigans happen; he makes a ruckus in space that drags the Federation in and Kurt/Enterprise are called in to get involved. Something like that.

that sounds like a good plan

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I think Spider-man fans everywhere will be behind me when I say be careful what you wish for when it comes to wanting iconic villains in your movies.

good point...only difference here is that in the case of SM3 (just for arguments sake): Raimi didn't like Venom as a character anyways, but Abrams says he loves Star Trek...period. So I guess all we can do is wait for his take on the next movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.