Demitri Maximoff vs Dante/Alex Mercer/Kratos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
Demitri at full power goes up against DMC4 Dante, Alex Mercer, and Kratos.

Dante is in devil trigger and has all his weapons and styles and Alex has all of his abilities from Prototype. Kratos has blades of chaos and the gauntlet of zeus.

(people say that Demitri is so uber powerful that he can beat Dante, Vergil, and Sparda, so I decided to throw things up a bit with this.)

can they beat him?

Sin_Volvagia
If what I heard is true, Demitri wins.

Nemesis X
What are Demitri's feats?

Nemesis X
I just read about Demitri in the Darkstalkers wiki and I must say I'm not impressed. Creating a field to cover the castle from sun light, making people his slaves, consuming a cosmetic god so what? Kratos kills gods all the time so what makes Pyron higher than Olympian Gods?

Overdose
Demetri, EXTREMELY easily...

1. He can hold the power of a bein' who has eaten a countless number of celestial bodies.

2. He can travel in and out of dimensions at will.

3. He can withstand attacks that can shatter large portions of time and space by sheer force alone.

4. He is immortal

5. He has instant and absolute regeneration

6. He can teleprt

7. Move fast enough to create after images or move fast enough that he appears to have vanished all together.

8. He has Pyron's power.

9. He can absorb the power of his foe to become stronger, instantly.

10 He has Midnight Bliss.

And the list goes on...

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Overdose

1. He can hold the power of a bein' who has eaten a countless number of celestial bodies.

3. He can withstand attacks that can shatter large portions of time and space by sheer force alone.

4. He is immortal

6. He can teleprt

7. Move fast enough to create after images or move fast enough that he appears to have vanished all together.

8. He has Pyron's power.

And the list goes on...

QFT.

Dante is good, but he has nothing on Demitri in terms of strength or overall speed. And Dante has never faced anyone with Demitri's powers like that. Demitri tanked a time/space reality warping attack and lived. While Dante tanks bullets and slashes... Uh, yeah, I think Demitri has the better durability feat.

Alex Mercer has regen, but absolutely 0% defence against magic, his soul gets torn to peices.

Kratos has the highest chance of winning due to magical defences and implements, but as stated earlier, None of these guys can dish out anything of the scale Demitri has tanked before, and he can now deal with planet busting scale attacks himself, so really, whats Kratos going to do? Even medusa's gaze may not work against someone who can tank reality warping or cosmic levels of power... It's simply in another league.

BloodRain
Isn't this against Rule 12?

''Can turn males into females'' o,o the guys better run.

iChaos
They all lose.

Phanteros
Deemtri rapes all their asses.

Shutter Control
More like overrated and given non-existant feats (just ask where the feats are from and ask for purely canon sources, as you will be given none), though getting into that has gotten boring.

Phanteros
Originally posted by Shutter Control
More like overrated and given non-existant feats (just ask where the feats are from and ask for purely canon sources, as you will be given none), though getting into that has gotten boring. did you look through the entire thread? the Guy has the power of Pyron, a giant celestial being that wears planets for jewelry

Demonic Phoenix
Who is the most powerful Darkstalker anyway?

Shutter Control
Originally posted by Phanteros
did you look through the entire thread? the Guy has the power of Pyron, a giant celestial being that wears planets for jewelry If he defeated him as human-sized Pyron which IIRC is correct, this is when Pyron "downgraded" himself so to speak (in other words, this is not when he can wear planets as "jewlery"wink. The other fact you're forgetting is that Pyron, IIRC canonically has never become as large as in....any of the scans you see him in. That's right, comics, endings....oh wait that's about it, in comics and in endings (endings that are actually a couple of shitty pixelated scans), both which IIRC are non-canon since no official source from Capcom (which can either be a game booklet, official game guide, info or footage from the game itself or something that is from the makers of DS and not just some random posting/blog/whatever that has a domain of "capcom.com"wink says Pyron's endings are canon (at least this has never been shown here or to me, good luck finding it from Pyron's supporters) or that UDON makes anything canon for the series. You will probably find nothing other than said fan posting or blog that has the domain of "capcom.com", or something similar stating otherwise. However there is a FAQ which ironically some DS supporters use to their advantage in some cases, even though it disagrees with the notion UDON makes anything canon for Capcom (so they don't use this when arguing UDON makes canon material) Of course this is demonstrating either the stupidity or hypocrisy of said DS supporters.

Shutter Control
Not saying UDON material can't be used since it's completely up to the match maker (which by the looks of it, will probably not allow it that is if he's even coming back) but as far as it being canon, fans can scream to their hearts' content. Until I see official evidence on the table, it's still a losing battle.

Darkstorm Zero
That UDON officiality proof has been posted an interminable amount of times throughout the last 2 years across literally dozens, if not hundreds of threads. I do not see the need to re-post common knowlege again. However, I will state this, it has been stated that only the ABILITIES that where displayed are official, not the storyline itself.

Burning thought
I think its hinted that even with the power of Pyron, it was still not enough to remove his weakness to sunlight and give him ultimate power....infact does he show anything at all with this power? is it even canon that he gains power from it? or that he just absorbs it?

Any of these 3 could give Demitri a good fight.

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Who is the most powerful Darkstalker anyway?

I would guess a fully formed Morrigan/lilith or maybe Jedah

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
That UDON officiality proof has been posted an interminable amount of times throughout the last 2 years across literally dozens, if not hundreds of threads. I do not see the need to re-post common knowlege again. However, I will state this, it has been stated that only the ABILITIES that where displayed are official, not the storyline itself.

I dont remember it being proven, only stated constantly by fans. It makes no sense to claim the abilities are canon, the comics are either canon or their not, it makes no sense that the content in some comics is canon just because the fans want it to be.

Darkstorm Zero
Stated from Street Fighter Eternal. The exact nature of the interview (I don't have the book with me as I am at work) was something along the lines that if Street Fighter started out as a comic, then the abilities would be as depicted in the UDON Comics. They made the same statement earlier though reguarding the Anime films and series, so I take it as a grain of salt, however, the fact that such has been stated means that the feats in direct correlation to those pictures are also represented. (IE, Bison able to go nuclear from a powerup very early on, Charlie able to collapse a cliff face with Somersault Justice... ect, ect)

However, this is far from a license to take every UDON depiction at face value, for example, Shin Gouki busting a Meteor in his CFE ending is NOT an official depiction.

Burning thought
So what are you saying exactly? the interview on Udon comics implies that it could be canon? but not directly stated i.e "The Udon comics do show canon abilities"?

It seems to me that the truth behind these comics and certainly the endings are very unclear, no true fact at all which is very very unsteady ground in a debate.

Darkstorm Zero
No.... Re-read what I said, I stated that the storyline is not canon, but the abilities shown are. just because the story itself is not official by Capcom, Capcoms interview in SFE stated that the abilities represented are true.

Burning thought
I did re-read it, you did not claim that you actually have proof of Udon comics depicting Darkstalkers characters with true abilities. You seem to be talking about Street fighter.......just because something is said about Street fighter, does not mean its the same for any other fiction represented in Udon, furthermore an official representing Darkstalkers or Street fighter claiming how Udon comics are good at representing their characters does not automatically make Udon comics abilities canon unless you can show the "official" statement.

Shutter Control
...that is the proof that was supposedly posted "hundreds of times"? Right, I'm done. For those who want to show it to me (as if it exists after all the begging and asking for it) send me a pm (private message). Of course I'm expecting what's to be sent to be non-official b$ as usual (once again, something with a domain of "capcom.com" can still fit that description. This should be kept in mind).

No End N Site
I notice the same guys are arguin' wit the same people over the same shit, does it ever change?

DSZ is like 100% right and BTW, er feat I stated above came from the Darkstalkers Graphic File Encyclopedia, not the UDON comic. If anyone needs scans I will post them later, and no where in the encyclopedia does it say that Pyron severed his power. That's like sayin' when Goku powers down, he removes the super Saiyin from within. That's stupid and until peeps can show proof of that claim, it shall remain so. None of his opponents in this thread can even scratch Demetri, even before his bout wit Pyron. He stomps.

No End N Site
Also, this will be my last time ever postin this shit on this forum. For hatahz who want to doubt canon ability shown in the UDON comics, here you are.

"According to Udon everything they write and draw has to get the okay from Capcom of Japan. They have to submit a synopsis and script and get the okay from the bosses overseas. This means they have to be faithful to the source material and mindful of the way they present the universe."

http://www.capcom-unity.com/bigmex/blog/2008/07/23/ %20ryu_final_the_real_street_fighter_iii_and_iv_re
pribr%20/nt_from_1up/page/6

The link...now pleez STFU people.

Darkstorm Zero
Thank you very much Saikyo Kid, Thats more than enough proof.

I will say this Shutter Shack, The proof is in Street Fighter Eternal, why don't you go and by the book? I cannot redistribute licensed information, so you'll have to spend money.

As for the rest, my only real argument here was Udon's statement, and that goes for any of Capcom's lisences, However, the feats mentioned, as Saikyo pointed out to you, is actually part of the videogame's own story, you cannot be any more official than that. Darkstalkers Graphic File Encyclopedia is the most up-to-date source available direct from Capcom, even moreso that All About Capcom.

Burning thought
Btw that evidence is not outlining canon in Udon comics or abilities, it simply states that they have to get permission before they are allowed to distribute a product with Capcom material involved. Nowhere does it say that its canon or that the abilities are canon....

And still this does not give Demitri any credible advantage in this fight, him absorbing Pyron means nothing if there is no real direct canon on what it enables him to do other than fan assumptions. Ive not seen Demitri move at any high speeds, or take any large amount of punishment beyond all of those presented here.

Also cant Alex just absorb him/infect him with his virus?

iChaos
And we're off, folks.

"POP OFF, SON!!! POP OFF!!!"

Oh yeah, and couldn't Demitri just asorb Alex?

No End N Site
"This means they have to be faithful to the source material and mindful of the way they present the universe."

They can't misrepresent the characters, which means, you can't have the Ryu or Talbain blowin' up the earth. They have to stick close to the actual canon. I don't see how anyone can attempt to argue against what I posted and not look like an idiot.

Burning thought
Originally posted by No End N Site
"This means they have to be faithful to the source material and mindful of the way they present the universe."

They can't misrepresent the characters, which means, you can't have the Ryu or Talbain blowin' up the earth. They have to stick close to the actual canon. I don't see how anyone can attempt to argue against what I posted and not look like an idiot.

That doesnt mean they are canon, they simply have to be faithful to what is canon. Technically if their doing things with characters not already shown in previous canon then they are playing some liberties or you misunderstand their contract. Either way, this is not a statement of canon even if they do have to stick to what is already canon. This is simply a matter of Capcom asking "make it believable to whats already canon" nothng stated there that says "Udon comics are canon" at all. I think your seeing what you want to see and adding some roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by iChaos
And we're off, folks.

"POP OFF, SON!!! POP OFF!!!"

Oh yeah, and couldn't Demitri just asorb Alex?

No because Demitri has only absorbed an energy being, absorbing flesh and blood the same way has not happened. I guess being a vamp he could drink blood? lol, well he can do so if he wants but he will end up infected. I doubt theres any way Demitri could survive the infection even if he could absorb the guy.

fascistcrusader
This is riciculously spiteful. There's simply no way the team can resist Count Chocula's delicious breakfast cereal. Maybe if you replace Alex with Boo Berry they'd have a shot, but even then it's shaky.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Burning thought
That doesnt mean they are canon, they simply have to be faithful to what is canon. Technically if their doing things with characters not already shown in previous canon then they are playing some liberties or you misunderstand their contract. Either way, this is not a statement of canon even if they do have to stick to what is already canon. This is simply a matter of Capcom asking "make it believable to whats already canon" nothng stated there that says "Udon comics are canon" at all. I think your seeing what you want to see and adding some roll eyes (sarcastic)

No because Demitri has only absorbed an energy being, absorbing flesh and blood the same way has not happened. I guess being a vamp he could drink blood? lol, well he can do so if he wants but he will end up infected. I doubt theres any way Demitri could survive the infection even if he could absorb the guy.

You somewhat have a point, however, canon or not, the feats within those comics are within the source character's (Demitri from the DS games) power limit, and hence, they can be replicated by that game character.

Burning thought
But if its non canon then its irrelevant even if it is plausible. Which means it may as well be a fan-fiction when comparing official data in a debate. A fan could do exactly the same thing, create a Demitri fan-fiction involving him doing things plausable within his power level but it could never be used in a debate, as canon or as a serious gauge of what he can actually do. Thats what Udon comics sounds like to me.

Darkstorm Zero
But if its non canon then its irrelevant even if it is plausible. Which means it may as well be a fan-fiction when comparing official data in a debate. A fan could do exactly the same thing, create a Demitri fan-fiction involving him doing things plausable within his power level but it could never be used in a debate, as canon or as a serious gauge of what he can actually do. Thats what Udon comics sounds like to me.

This becomes irrelevant in the face of the fact that the original and current production team at Capcom have stated that it is so. So yourentire argument becomes invalid in the face of that

Demonic Phoenix

I do not know if it is canon or not, but according to DS (and Capcom?), it is.
Even if it isn't, since it's within their power limit, we obviously know they CAN do that feat.
You also said it yourself, we cannot use it as a proper gauge, but in this case, it can only go one way, up (i.e. better), as the feats in the comics are within their abilities.

Hence, if someone says that Demitri did X (eg. tanked a planet-destroying blast) in the comic, they may be wrong as far as canon goes, but Demitri is powerful enough in canon to tank X.

Also, feats aren't the sole thing.

Darkstorm Zero
Demitri tanking the time-space attack from Belial was actually official, it's how Belial eventually faded and died.

No End N Site
Actually, an overwhelming majority of events in the comic did happen. In fact, out of the 6 issues so far, the things that have been shown in the comics that weren't mentioned in the game don't even conflict with the actual canon at all and are mostly fan service. Meanin' that Capcom can easily make theses areas canon and not even mess up the story one bit.

UDON is basically showin' the readers what a nearly 20 year old game would look like as a comic in the new millennium. Every piece of background info and the back stories are indeed canon, that much is certain.

Darkstorm Zero
I suppose that makes sense, since Udon has actually become part-and-parcel of Capcom's art and design team as of late.

Burning thought
Actually, an overwhelming majority of events in the comic did happen. In fact, out of the 6 issues so far, the things that have been shown in the comics that weren't mentioned in the game don't even conflict with the actual canon at all and are mostly fan service. Meanin' that Capcom can easily make theses areas canon and not even mess up the story one bit.

UDON is basically showin' the readers what a nearly 20 year old game would look like as a comic in the new millennium. Every piece of background info and the back stories are indeed canon, that much is certain.

They do not conflict with the actual canon? I am surprised you cant understand why I am having trouble with agreinge with udon being canon or close to it when you say things like this. Make these areas canon?

Certain yet youve still not shown me something claiming directly that Capcom consider it canon, simply that Udon have to portray whats already canon as true to the fiction. That still does not make it canon, merely following the guidelines of what is already canon.

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I do not know if it is canon or not, but according to DS (and Capcom?), it is.
Even if it isn't, since it's within their power limit, we obviously know they CAN do that feat.
You also said it yourself, we cannot use it as a proper gauge, but in this case, it can only go one way, up (i.e. better), as the feats in the comics are within their abilities.

Hence, if someone says that Demitri did X (eg. tanked a planet-destroying blast) in the comic, they may be wrong as far as canon goes, but Demitri is powerful enough in canon to tank X.

Also, feats aren't the sole thing.

I am still missing something here, where does it directly state udon is canon? all I am seeing is that they have to stay true to canon, it does not mean they themselves are canon.

Regardless I am argueing this for the sake that this is still not clear, the more important questions are is that if it was 100% canon, what feat has he even performed worth mentioning in these comics?

Demitri tanking the time-space attack from Belial was actually official, it's how Belial eventually faded and died.

I thought he faded and died because he broke a piece of Makai and becaus Makai was technically part of Belial it was like tearing off a piece of yourself which harmed him. And what feats does this attack from Belial have? and he didnt just tank it....he was pretty much destroyed by it and was surviving barely. He was hiding away in his castle and fooling humans into coming in just to drink their blood, thats how low his powerlevel was, he was not much better than the typical minor vampire in old tales.

Either way, what are Demitris real feats as of now? this is I assume current Demitri, what has he actually done? or is this all assumption and guess work.....

Darkstorm Zero
The one that struck Demitri was a weakened version of the same attack that obliterated Jedah the first time.

It was this same attack that tore Demitri's castle out of Makai (hence the tearing out a peice of yourself bit)

I know of no other Vampire that could take on a cosmic entity like Pyron, or fight on par with Jedah. He drew even with Morrigan on more than one occasion, and I think he may or may not have lost to Donovan... I cannot recall at the moment...

Burning thought
The one that struck Demitri was a weakened version of the same attack that obliterated Jedah the first time.

It was this same attack that tore Demitri's castle out of Makai (hence the tearing out a peice of yourself bit)

I know of no other Vampire that could take on a cosmic entity like Pyron, or fight on par with Jedah. He drew even with Morrigan on more than one occasion, and I think he may or may not have lost to Donovan... I cannot recall at the moment...

So your useing A>B logic?

So technically, the highest feat of this blast was tearing a castle free of the landmass that is Makai? I assume we dont know the exact size of the piece of land but as of yet, I am not overly impressed....Kratos could break a castle to its foundations given some time to implement his strength and I am sure Mercer could as well in his larger and heavier forms.

But he didnt take on Pyron at full form, Pyron is apprently taking on a far less powerful form. Not many of these characters that you mension have feats of fighting prowess and Ive had no details of these fights, we do not even know how they fought do we?

No End N Site
They do not conflict with the actual canon? I am surprised you cant understand why I am having trouble with agreinge with udon being canon or close to it when you say things like this. Make these areas canon?

Certain yet youve still not shown me something claiming directly that Capcom consider it canon, simply that Udon have to portray whats already canon as true to the fiction. That still does not make it canon, merely following the guidelines of what is already canon.

I am still missing something here, where does it directly state udon is canon? all I am seeing is that they have to stay true to canon, it does not mean they themselves are canon.

Regardless I am argueing this for the sake that this is still not clear, the more important questions are is that if it was 100% canon, what feat has he even performed worth mentioning in these comics?

I thought he faded and died because he broke a piece of Makai and becaus Makai was technically part of Belial it was like tearing off a piece of yourself which harmed him. And what feats does this attack from Belial have? and he didnt just tank it....he was pretty much destroyed by it and was surviving barely. He was hiding away in his castle and fooling humans into coming in just to drink their blood, thats how low his powerlevel was, he was not much better than the typical minor vampire in old tales.

Either way, what are Demitris real feats as of now? this is I assume current Demitri, what has he actually done? or is this all assumption and guess work..... 1. Your not makin' any sense. My point was, nothin' UDON did was any different from what Capcom did for the most part. UDON only took liberties when it was okay to do so. Example, Talbain meets up wit Felecia and they travel together, in the comic. Talbain and Felecia's stories are so vague in the game that this could have happened and the original story would not change. That's about the only thing UDON does that's not followin' canon, they allow certain characters to meet each other. Capcom has never once said who met who wit most of the cast, so UDON decided to do that. The meet ups are not canon as of yet but they still don't conflict with the story Capcom already established. UDON follows Capcom story almost exactly. But since you know very little, you don't know how the games play out. You should just be quiet and stay out of things you don't know about.

2. 99% of the catz who see what your doin' will say your bein' a stubborn jackass who has a vendetta wit DS. Just go away...

3. Lame strawman, no one is sayin' that UDON is canon. They are portrayin' previous established canon in comic form. It has been established already that the abilities shown in the comics and not the events themselves are canon. What is so hard to grasp, why can't you understand somthin' so simple?

4. Demetri hasn't done anything in the comics, which is why I can't understand why you wanna argue about this. Every feat I named comes directly from the game. Out of 6 comics, Demitri has only appeared on about 10 pages throughout the series.

5. Belial died not cuz he broke off a piece of Makai, he died cuz he removed it from existence by blowing a hole into the dimension. He made a hole in the fabric of time and space and sent Demitri through it, castle and all. Belail's attack was so dense and powerful that it tore open the fabric of time and space like a wet paper towel. Belail is not just the land mass, HE IS time and space. With no way to close the rift, it became an open wound. He made "The Gate" bigger. Also, this is the same attack that killed Jedah 50 years previously, but only it was juiced up cuz he wanted to kill Jedah. Belial never meant to kill Demetri, there was no chance of him dying. He just wanted to banish him. It takes an attack that powerful to halt Demitri, and that's prePyron. None of these characters stand a chance. Also, Demetri doesn't need to drink blood to gain power, he only drinks it cuz it tastes good. He can heal all on his own, so he doesn't NEED to lure humans at all.

6. The feats I named earlier will blow all 3 of Demetri's opponents out of the water X 1000. And those feats come from the Graphic File.

Phanteros
Seriously it was proven that the comics don't conflict and are canon, BT. so stop arguing about it.

Shutter Control
Seriously it was proven that the comics don't conflict and are canon, BT. so stop arguing about it. Hardly any offense but I think you believe in people's words fairly easily.

Thank you very much Saikyo Kid, Thats more than enough proof.

I will say this Shutter Shack, The proof is in Street Fighter Eternal, why don't you go and by the book? I cannot redistribute licensed information, so you'll have to spend money.

As for the rest, my only real argument here was Udon's statement, and that goes for any of Capcom's lisences, However, the feats mentioned, as Saikyo pointed out to you, is actually part of the videogame's own story, you cannot be any more official than that. Darkstalkers Graphic File Encyclopedia is the most up-to-date source available direct from Capcom, even moreso that All About Capcom. I'm thankful this didn't turn out a bash. Please explain to me (I prefer via pm) how a blog by a person by the name of "BIGMEX" with as I said before,which means nothing if it's a blog by someone who joined "Capcommunity", should be worth reading. Pardon me if I missed something from there, as I'm surprised the poster didn't refer to a specific spot on the blog (1/3 down the page, 3/4 down, etc.) for people to see, but if it's just the part he quoted to BT, then IIRC it is a blog by a contributor who joined "Capcomminuty", not someone who can speak for Capcom or any of its associates (anyone reading should read the last bit of this post before planning to say they're not the words of the blog's author but are things Capcom said and are just quoted by the author). I'm surprised anyone would call this official confirmation of some sort. As I said, if it's not in-game material, in the manual the game comes with (some have whole storylines) official game guide/magazine for the game or something that is produced by Capcom (not something typed up having the domain of....well I've said that enough) or an interview (this time about Darkstalkers and not Street Fighter, but thanks for the bit on Street Fighter) then it's not fully sufficient, but I'm not getting into an argument on what's sufficient and what isn't.

The fact the comics are depicting canon events is not telling much either. If they are just replicating said canon events/abilities then can someone show these events/abilities being initially presented in the games themselves? Hell, if they are then why the desperate use of these comics? Why not just the games some are claiming originally had said events and abilities? Because IIRC they're not there.

I think it's obvious depending on what side you're on, you're going to say this suffices as proof for canon abilities or the opposite. To be honest from the looks of it...I would not say it's allowable. Who is this author of the blog, Bigmex, and what's the reason what he says (or what he claims others, i.e. gaming companies say) is so important? Also if the graphic file is by Capcom, please show this as well in the pm. Not planning to stay as it most likely won't be pretty later on.

Burning thought
1. Your not makin' any sense. My point was, nothin' UDON did was any different from what Capcom did for the most part. UDON only took liberties when it was okay to do so. Example, Talbain meets up wit Felecia and they travel together, in the comic. Talbain and Felecia's stories are so vague in the game that this could have happened and the original story would not change. That's about the only thing UDON does that's not followin' canon, they allow certain characters to meet each other. Capcom has never once said who met who wit most of the cast, so UDON decided to do that. The meet ups are not canon as of yet but they still don't conflict with the story Capcom already established. UDON follows Capcom story almost exactly. But since you know very little, you don't know how the games play out. You should just be quiet and stay out of things you don't know about.

2. 99% of the catz who see what your doin' will say your bein' a stubborn jackass who has a vendetta wit DS. Just go away...

3. Lame strawman, no one is sayin' that UDON is canon. They are portrayin' previous established canon in comic form. It has been established already that the abilities shown in the comics and not the events themselves are canon. What is so hard to grasp, why can't you understand somthin' so simple?

4. Demetri hasn't done anything in the comics, which is why I can't understand why you wanna argue about this. Every feat I named comes directly from the game. Out of 6 comics, Demitri has only appeared on about 10 pages throughout the series.

5. Belial died not cuz he broke off a piece of Makai, he died cuz he removed it from existence by blowing a hole into the dimension. He made a hole in the fabric of time and space and sent Demitri through it, castle and all. Belail's attack was so dense and powerful that it tore open the fabric of time and space like a wet paper towel. Belail is not just the land mass, HE IS time and space. With no way to close the rift, it became an open wound. He made "The Gate" bigger. Also, this is the same attack that killed Jedah 50 years previously, but only it was juiced up cuz he wanted to kill Jedah. Belial never meant to kill Demetri, there was no chance of him dying. He just wanted to banish him. It takes an attack that powerful to halt Demitri, and that's prePyron. None of these characters stand a chance. Also, Demetri doesn't need to drink blood to gain power, he only drinks it cuz it tastes good. He can heal all on his own, so he doesn't NEED to lure humans at all.

6. The feats I named earlier will blow all 3 of Demetri's opponents out of the water X 1000. And those feats come from the Graphic File.

1. There you go again, saying Udon is not canon at all, why did you bring up Udon at all if you know its not canon? the fact it makes sense or the fact Capcom did not detail the background behind its characters does not mean any blanks filled in are automatic canon. Claiming I know very little is one of those typical bullshit rants, although whats funny is your killing your own argument and all the arguments I have had with DS fanboys since I should know very much because you should be providing the evidence....thing is you are not providing anything.

2. 99% of the people who have any sense do not just follow blindly every statement DS fanboys spout about their beloved fiction, most events in DS are either poorly presented in pixelated images in which the story is not stated clearly OR is not stated at all in any detail, almost anything impressive is simply from fanboys like you who state thus and the rare impressive feat from Pyron.

3. Show me with a quote in bold the exact "establishment of canon abilities" please....

4. Fair enough, my mistake since i thought we were argueing about how the Udon comics had shown something about Demitri, either way the discussion of comics could be useful in the future if they are allowed in a vs concerning DS.

5. You talk as if we have any idea how his blast did this or whether or not time and space even difficult to tear a fabric through, by the sounds of it he just made a wormhole and sucked Demitri through it. Stupidly taking a piece of himself with it as well which damaged him. Is there any proof that Belial never meant to kill him? furthermore how does this help your case for Demitri if it was a weaker blast that crippled him? also talking about events before current Demitri is redundant, this is I guess the latest Demitri we are talking about in this thread, therefore its irrelvent if at his peak he survived a wormhole that destroyed him. It didnt halt Demitri, it blasted him from his home dimension so badly damaged that he was pretty much nothing more than an old 70's vampire villain laughing

6. What feats exactly? your just talking about soul powers and midnight bliss? hardly impressive....I bet by actual feats all of these characters could manhandle Demitri and some of them have powers that could stone him, blow him apart, infect him etc....

No End N Site
I'm thru playin Ring Around the Rosey wit these 2. This is a child's game I have no patience for.

1. In BigMex's blog, he "QUOTES" UDON, as to how they create the comic. Seein' as how Capcom-Unity/Capcommunity are sections of Capcom's official site and seein' as how BigMex is allowed to blog on Capcom's official site. I think he knows what he's talkin' about, they wouldn't let'im put up shit that wasn't true. Everyone who has seen this has said, "okay, your right". Out of the dozens who have seen thins link, you and BT are the only guys who continue to argue.

2. That's pretty damn stupid to say that UDON checks wit Cap of japan for SF and not for DS. 'Course you'll say it's not but that's to be expected. Also, you gotta be pretty damn dense if you think any of the feats named for Demitri come from the comic cuz Demitri is hardly in it and it's been repeated over and over that his feats ARE IN THE GOD DAMN GAME. How can you jump into a debate and expect to look like a decent mindful human being and not know about 50% of the subject. You have never played a DS game or read any material on the subject before this. That's ridiculous...

3. I aint PMing shit, I'm gonna post the info from the book and be done. If peeps still wanna argue after that, I'm gonna put the ignore list to good use.

Burning thought
You shouldnt have made it a childs game and should have coughed up actual evidence like an adult.

1. His blog does not actually claim udon are canon, it doesnt really claim much of anything useful in this thread.

2. Weve not seen any of these so called "feats" from the game so its no wonder we would think it has to be from the Comic.

3. Finally your actually going to post something?

No End N Site

4. He is immortal

6. He can teleprt

8. He has Pyron's power.

And the list goes on... http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/583725/25007

This is the DS plot guide, a translation and combination of the Graphic File and all About DarkStalker books...every thing posted comes from here.

1. "Demitri seized this opportunity to further gain strength and fought
against Pyron and consumed the alien life form. He was confident that he was strong enough to challenge and defeat the ruler of Makai, Belial."

Powerful enough to eat Pyron...

2. The guy goes in and out of the human world, Makai, and now the Majigen like nothing.

3. "Belial had won victory over Demitri by ripping Demitri's castle and the gate into human world. But damaging space itself had also damaged Belial's body."

Demitri can survive time space attacks.

4. Demitri is nearly 6000 yrs old wit no signs of aging.

5. He can explode into bats as special moves and come back together and his character sprite has an animation of him being cut in half and coming back together.

6. Special move

7. Special moves and his dashes. (Btw, if you wanna see him in-game, just youtube it)

8. That's already been proven above.

9. He absorbs the power of others in Midnight Bliss.

10. He turns dudes into chicks and chicks into other things and then steals their power. (youtube it)

Burning thought
http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/583725/25007

This is the DS plot guide, a translation and combination of the Graphic File and all About DarkStalker books...every thing posted comes from here.

1. "Demitri seized this opportunity to further gain strength and fought
against Pyron and consumed the alien life form. He was confident that he was strong enough to challenge and defeat the ruler of Makai, Belial."

Powerful enough to eat Pyron...

2. The guy goes in and out of the human world, Makai, and now the Majigen like nothing.

3. "Belial had won victory over Demitri by ripping Demitri's castle and the gate into human world. But damaging space itself had also damaged Belial's body."

Demitri can survive time space attacks.

4. Demitri is nearly 6000 yrs old wit no signs of aging.

5. He can explode into bats as special moves and come back together and his character sprite has an animation of him being cut in half and coming back together.

6. Special move

7. Special moves and his dashes. (Btw, if you wanna see him in-game, just youtube it)

8. That's already been proven above.

9. He absorbs the power of others in Midnight Bliss.

10. He turns dudes into chicks and chicks into other things and then steals their power. (youtube it)

The source is secondary and so may be falliable but I will answer this as if it is indeed 100% truth.

1. How do you know this is power exactly? has Pyron resisted this kind of power before? This is Demitri who has few actual feats beyond doing this so I am skeptical to say eating this being was actually an incredible feat, we do not even know the specifics and as was said before, pyron was apprently weakened by himself during this instance.

The rest up until 8 is nothing amazing or special, although ill check out some of these "animations" although they could just be gameplay.

8. Not proven at all, he absorbed Pyron but nothing states that he gains Pyrons power, it is only implied absorbing Pyron has made him more powerful. By how much or to what degree this will help him is not actually shown or stated unless you have another quote/source?

9 . The attack itself is possibly a no limits fallacy gameplay manouver, the animation also requires Demitri to power up his magic.

10. Yes thats what Midnight bliss seems to do...unforutnaltey may not work as Dante and Kratos have certain resistances to spells, Dante apprently resistant to magic in his Devil form, Kratos is far too strong for Demitri to just transform him without a fight, midnight bliss is not quite as instant as you would like to belive.

No End N Site
I'm not even gonna argue wit you anymore BT, we've been through this already more times than I can count. No matter what I show you, even if I show you exactly what you wanna see, it will never be enough. You'll find away to continue this game. think whay you want, I'm done.

Burning thought
Game, set and match

Phanteros
Hardly any offense but I think you believe in people's words fairly easily. if that was the case then I would be saying Sephiroth can blow up starsystems in real life like most most FFtards that probably didn't even play the game and saw some random cutscence of it in youtube. Fortunately me, I'm not gullible. and as a matter of fact I argued this in my Demetri vs Kain thread. so no I don't listen easily to everything.

Shutter Control
Hardly any offense but I think you believe in people's words fairly easily. if that was the case then I would be saying Sephiroth can blow up starsystems in real life like most most FFtards that probably didn't even play the game and saw some random cutscence of it in youtube. Fortunately me, I'm not gullible. and as a matter of fact I argued this in my Demetri vs Kain thread. so no I don't listen easily to everything. ...cutscenes on youtube are actually probably the best video game proof available. What are you talking about? confused

I'm sure some on here argue Supernova is either unacceptable gameplay/illusion/didn't happen because the Earth in FF7 is still fine. However, I see it as something Safer Sephiroth is capable of, as it's inherently one of his moves. He just happened not to pull it off in order to make the story progress. All are equally accurate guesses. Plus the fact that this move, is no different than say the Final Aeon's Ultimate Jecht Shot from FFX, in terms of being illusional. A boss's ultimate attack (or overdrive for a different word) being an illusion is a big assumption to make...unless the attack name or description has the words "fake", "unreal" or "illusional" somewhere in them. What's obviously inaccurate in gameplay is damage. You don't see scars, bruises, amputations and whatnot in 80% of games, let alone FF, so an attack like Supernova not obliterating the cast of FF7 off the screen, in gameplay does not equate to Supernova is an illusion or fake (as this would then make every move in the entire FF series, fake or illusional, which is 100% irrational). Just saying.

Phanteros
...cutscenes on youtube are actually probably the best video game proof available. What are you talking about? confused

I'm sure some on here argue Supernova is either unacceptable gameplay/illusion/didn't happen because the Earth in FF7 is still fine. However, I see it as something Safer Sephiroth is capable of, as it's inherently one of his moves. He just happened not to pull it off in order to make the story progress. All are equally accurate guesses. Plus the fact that this move, is no different than say the Final Aeon's Ultimate Jecht Shot from FFX, in terms of being illusional. A boss's ultimate attack (or overdrive for a different word) being an illusion is a big assumption to make...unless the attack name or description has the words "fake", "unreal" or "illusional" somewhere in them. What's obviously inaccurate in gameplay is damage. You don't see scars, bruises, amputations and whatnot in 80% of games, let alone FF, so an attack like Supernova not obliterating the cast of FF7 off the screen, in gameplay does not equate to Supernova is an illusion or fake (as this would then make every move in the entire FF series, fake or illusional, which is 100% irrational). Just saying. The attack is obviously a game mechanic seeing as it can't, no matter how many times casted, kill the player. and seeing as it is never mentioned again other than the spin off of dissidia. I'm not sure about the Illusion part though as it still does damage in point system but its the only attack in the game that can't kill the player and meteor was Sephiroth's stronges spell as stated in the game.

fascistcrusader
Actually that's not true. Sephiroth's fan club in Crisis Core and the CC Complete Guide both confirm that Supernova is Sephiroth's signature move even before Nibelheim. He's used it canonically and the FF VII world is still there.

This doesn't mean it's not a powerful attack however. The FF VII 10th anniversary Ultimania says it has the power of a Supernova(meaning it hits as hard as the real thing would) and the Dissidia Ultimania calls it "A blast of such despair that it can send destruction even into other dimensions." Presumably it only becomes dimension barrier shattering powerful after Nibelheim, though.

Shutter Control
Well, whatever. I'm not an expert of FF7. I'm good at debating against it, though. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.