2009 Worst Game of the Year

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Some games have been stinking this year. Which one reeks the most?

ArtificialGlory
There was a game that came out in May called 'Damnation'. It was bad. I mean bad kind of bad.

One of my biggest personal disappointments this year was .

ArtificialGlory
There was also a game called 'Stormrise' that came out in March. In addition to the game being crap in general, the PC version required Vista AND it was DX10-only. Even though I had both, I thought it was still incredibly stupid.

The console version didn't fare any better.

Phanteros
You know whats funny about stormrise? It was done by the people who made Rome total war...

The Nuul
Havent play any of them but out of the ones I did play, MW 2 is the worst.

Smasandian
MW2 is not the worst game.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by The Nuul
Havent play any of them but out of the ones I did play, MW 2 is the worst.

I think someone's a PC gamer.

Ms.Marvel
mw2 is factually not the worst game of the year.

Scythe
I hardly ever count movie-based games as actual contending video games to begin with as they're made for the sole purpose of green.

Though most wrestling games annoy me, so I'd vote for that.

SpadeKing
^ regardless of what he said, that G.I. Joe game made me hate everything to do with the franchise.

All you have to do is run and shoot the whole team on the hardest level and you will get through with ease of repetitive 30 min levels, its like contra, except I'd much rather play Contra than that trash excuse for a game.

Scythe
Originally posted by SpadeKing
^ regardless of what he said, that G.I. Joe game made me hate everything to do with the franchise.

All you have to do is run and shoot the whole team on the hardest level and you will get through with ease of repetitive 30 min levels, its like contra, except I'd much rather play Contra than that trash excuse for a game.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I really disliked that game as well. God, it was so awful, haha.

Nemesis X
Shellshock 2 was just plain horrible. Gameplay felt stiff, AI partners acted retarded, the plot sucks, scares were something to laugh at, and the zombies bored me and I'm a zombie fan for crying out loud and I never gotten tired of them EVER!

BoratBorat
Prototype was trash. 2009 = one of the worst years of gaming.

Oh and smackdown vs raw needs to die, utterly boring, no hype at all and same repetitive shit imo.

Ms.Marvel
i agree with you though that 2009 was kind of disappointing. there were no games that jumped out at me as completely awesome.

-Pr-
Batman Arkham Asylum, Dragon Age, Modern Warfare 2?

Ms.Marvel
lol.

Ushgarak
What on Earth is Shattered Memories doing on that list? A game with good critical vibe that has only been out for a handful of days.

Scythe
Originally posted by -Pr-
Batman Arkham Asylum, Dragon Age, Modern Warfare 2?

I know, right?

Peach
Spider-Man didn't even come out in 2009, that was in 2008...

Weltall
Ninja Blade and Smack Down vs. Raw 2010 definitely do not deserve spots on that list.

Phanteros
Ninja blade deserves it. but Rogue warrior deserves the shit awards. Bethesda made that?

Kazenji
Only published

S_D_J
SH Shattered Memories?

WTF!

One of the great games on Wii recently released, albeit of being the best Survival Horror on Wii, and you have it up for worst game this year?

I understand is a departure from Silent Hill conceptions, but is by far a better Silent Hill than SH4 or Homecoming will ever be

Weltall
No way 4 smashes it. It beats Homecoming or Origins however.

And Ninja Blade was awesome, and one of the better 360 games to be released this year. Incredible storyline, gameplay, and great music and graphics. An overall awesome game.

ArtificialGlory
From what I gather, Ninja Blade wasn't the worst game to come out this year. However, even the reviewers who gave it higher scores criticized its storyline.

I've read the plot and basically something infects humans and they become mindless, mutant killers. Hmmm... and where have I heard this before? I can't quite place the finger on it, but I just know that I heard it before somewhere!

Seriously though, I know that a lot depends on the presentation, atmosphere and how the plot itself is fleshed out. Unfortunately, after watching some videos on YouTube, it seems that it's only slightly higher than DMC-level. The gameplay and action look pretty good though.

One Free Man
conquest.

biggest disappointment ever.

Nemesis X
I have a reason why Shattered Memories is on the list. From what I hear, the game is about 5 hours long which raises the question why Konami didn't make it as long as the other Silent Hill games, the scares aren't that scary like the wreath falling off a tree for example, and true losing the combat and having to run from monsters raises some spooks but still having some combat would be nice, puzzles are ridiculously easy, and the whole game doesn't feel challenging at all.

S_D_J
total play time doesn't make it a bad game, just look at MW2.

have you play it yet?

do you know it's got multiple endings? that playtime easily doubles when you strive for the other endings, as well as the different places and overall different experience you get.

you're being close minded and biased by listing it as a bad game just because you think you won't enjoy it.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Ushgarak
What on Earth is Shattered Memories doing on that list? A game with good critical vibe that has only been out for a handful of days.
Amen.

I'd much rather see one of the copy+paste games there, LFD2 or that new Mario game.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Weltall

And Ninja Blade was awesome, and one of the better 360 games to be released this year. Incredible storyline, gameplay, and great music and graphics. An overall awesome game.

But yet it had some QTE's in some stupid spots

such as one on a door thats on the floor.....seriously he's a ninja that can't open up a ****en door laughing .

WickedDynamite
Assassin's Creed II

"BUT BUTT BUT WD IT GOT GOOD SCORES!!!!!! NOW WAI!!!"

So what? All it did was to get a free pass from the reviewers just like Metal Gear Solid 4 last year.

I'll never play another AC game. I'll take my chances with the "new" design PoP than a AC game ever again.

Fool me once shame on me. Fool me twice...

S_D_J
^MW2 131

IT last 5 hours, 'nuff said

FistOfThe North
don't know how and why ninja blade and smackdown 10 made that list while MLB2k9 and transformers 2's not even metioned.

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by S_D_J
^MW2 131

IT last 5 hours, 'nuff said

laughing out loud

Mairuzu
We all need to agree on a single game. So I can rent it.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
don't know how and why ninja blade and smackdown 10 made that list while MLB2k9 and transformers 2's not even metioned.

Never heard of MLB2K9 and Transformers 2: The Game.

FistOfThe North
top 2 worst games of '09.

SpadeKing
If you didn't vote rise of cobra you obviously haven't even seen the trash.

AsbestosFlaygon
Smackdown VS Raw 2010..

Redundant piece of shite

Kazenji
Easily Left 4 Dead 2 the Australian version.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Kazenji
Easily Left 4 Dead 2 the Australian version.

Take heart, my fellow gamer, AvP is coming to Australia uncensored.

Kazenji
I saw that

our classification does'nt know what the hell they're doing first they decide to ban something and then change their minds............they did the same for FEAR 2.

One Free Man
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Assassin's Creed II

"BUT BUTT BUT WD IT GOT GOOD SCORES!!!!!! NOW WAI!!!"

So what? All it did was to get a free pass from the reviewers just like Metal Gear Solid 4 last year.

I'll never play another AC game. I'll take my chances with the "new" design PoP than a AC game ever again.

Fool me once shame on me. Fool me twice... Number one didn't really "fool" me. it gave me everything It said it would, it just did it ALOT, and ALOT.

It offered planned assassinations with multiple entry points for different styles of gameplay, and brought us an amazing and wonderful free run style that really added a level to previous "sword games" which were primarily 2d hack and slash games or very boring turn based games.

In AC1 I love the terrain, the maps, the graphics, and the style; it just repeated itself over and over and over again.

But hey, legend of zelda has slid by with constant repetition of the same basic minigame for a hundred games and people still love it. I think its just because AC is new and popular that everyone wants to diss it.

Also, if you never actually played it and are basing it off of the first game, it's not really a fair review as the reason sequels are made (ideally) is to expand on and improve the previous product.

Doctor-Alvis
People dissed it because of exactly what you said - the repetition.

AC2 was way more fluid though.

Edit: Also, besides coming out in 2008 and bringing back "swinging from the sky" I thought Web of Shadows was pretty fun. I always yearned for a Spider-man game where I could carpet bomb zombies.

One Free Man
^I don't know why, but your sig just speaks to me. makes me lol^

Smasandian
I haven't played the second Assassins Creed but comparing the first one to Zelda is retarded.

Everything about the first was repetitive.

Phanteros
Zelda and AC are way different in their styles so comparing them is fail.

Ms.Marvel
you guys totally missed the point lol

One Free Man
Originally posted by Smasandian
I haven't played the second Assassins Creed but comparing the first one to Zelda is retarded.

Everything about the first was repetitive. lurn2read.
I didn't say they were the same or anywhere near the same genre, merely that LOZ manages to be popular and is yet the same pattern over and over and over, with constant repetitions of the same puzzles and mini-games, yet it is successful.

Kind of speculating on how much whining people do when something new has one minor drawback. Assassins creed brought a lot to the party. Due to the revolutionary game play and excellent controls, I consider it an instant classic, regardless of repetition. I went in expecting ALOT of bouncing across jew's rooftops and got ALOT of it. GOOD. That's what I wanted. Could have mixed it up, but you gave me what I wanted, and I thank you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.