Captain Marvel vs Beta Ray Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Billy vs. Bill

Random Encounter.

Enyalus
I think Billy's high magical resistance might win this for him. Its the only shot he has.

batosaimsx7
Captain Marvel curbstomp city

Population Beta Ray Bill

Billy is faster stronger and has magic resistance

Beta better put his head between his legs and kiss his ass goodbye

carver9
Originally posted by batosaimsx7
Captain Marvel curbstomp city

Population Beta Ray Bill

Billy is faster stronger and has magic resistance

Beta better put his head between his legs and kiss his ass goodbye

Faster>debatable, Stronger, doesnt matter since bill has wrecked planets with ease.

If this is current billy, I give him the edge due to his amp that he has received. Classic billy, bill 8/10

iceman24567
Current Bill is powerless. Classic would win a small majority due to combat speed.

BruceSkywalker
which version of Captain Marvel is this?

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Current Bill is powerless. Classic would win a small majority due to combat speed.

In bills recent showings, thats all he has been doing is blitzing. Cap doesnt have a speed edge in this fight.

I'm not judging this one though, love both characters and I'm undecided.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
which version of Captain Marvel is this?

Classic Cap. Billy Batson pre-upgrade to Lord Marvel.

Slaanesh
BRB..

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Slaanesh
BRB..

Where you going?

iceman24567
Originally posted by carver9
In bills recent showings, thats all he has been doing is blitzing. Cap doesnt have a speed edge in this fight.

I'm not judging this one though, love both characters and I'm undecided. Not because you say so Billy does have a speed edge.

carver9
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Where you going?

lol laughing

batosaimsx7
Faster>debatable, Stronger, doesnt matter since bill has wrecked planets with ease.

If this is current billy, I give him the edge due to his amp that he has received. Classic billy, bill 8/10
Speed isnt debatable at all...Beta has even admitted that hes slower then Thor whos gone at max 3x light speed

Supes has admitted Billy is as fast as he is and Supes has been clocked at 20x light speed

Strenght...BRB didnt wreck a planet..him and Stardust crashed into one

Thor and Beta Ray Bill had to use every fiber of their strenght to lift the city of Asgard vs Billy whos lifted the entire continent of South America

Billy stomps BRB

Warlord
I think this fight being similar to Superman vs Clasic Thor.

The difference is that Marvel has no magic weakness although Bill's versatility can give him an even split

Philosophía
Captain Marvel.

Lord Feron
6/10 billy

Juntai
Originally posted by Warlord
I think this fight being similar to Superman vs Clasic Thor.

The difference is that Marvel has no magic weakness although Bill's versatility can give him an even split Not only does he not have a magic weakness, he wades through it like a swimming pool.

Warlord
Originally posted by Juntai
Not only does he not have a magic weakness, he wades through it like a swimming pool.

My thought on the matter is that this happens because his power originates from Shazam who is the lord of magic in dc. Bill's magic comes from a completely different universe and Marvel's resistance is not guarantied. Even if it was Bill is used in fighting magical beings and after all he is not a spell caster or anything, magic maybe the source but the outcome is strike force. Thus IMO it's a 5/10 split

xJLxKing
CM

Enyalus
facepalm Jesus, it's like Great Galen all over again...
Supes has admitted Billy is as fast as he is and Supes has been clocked at 20x light speed
Supes also admitted to Flash that he couldn't go light speed. Supes also admitted that MM was stronger than he and the entire league combined. What Supes admits and what is fact are often times two different things.

Bill one-shotted a planet. On panel.

Thor and Beta Ray Bill had to use every fiber of their strenght to lift the city of Asgard
Wrong.

vs Billy whos lifted the entire continent of South America
If you're referencing what I think you are, thats a 1954 Fawcett Captain Marvel feat and definitely not applicable to post Crisis DC Billy.

Billy stomps BRB
Also wrong.

Spire
CM.

Warlord
d

Thor and Beta Ray Bill had to use every fiber of their strenght to lift the city of Asgard

really how's that confirmed?

carver9
Speed isnt debatable at all...Beta has even admitted that hes slower then Thor whos gone at max 3x light speed

Thor and Beta Ray Bill had to use every fiber of their strenght to lift the city of Asgard vs Billy whos lifted the entire continent of South America

Billy stomps BRB

Do me a favor, show me this 20x speed clocking from supes, this would help me and raouls argument on supes speed.

carver9
And why your at it, show me billy's biggest lifting feat.

cloud102
toss up.

Enyalus
Originally posted by cloud102
toss up.
ill toss u up lol

uhuh stick out tongue

The Scribe
I'm going with Captain "Billy Bob" Marvel. big grin

Captain Marvel (DC Comics)

Magically bestowed aspects of various mythological figures which include: vast super-strength, speed and stamina, physical and magical invulnerability, flight, fearlessness, vast wisdom and enhanced mental perception, & control over and emission of magic lightning.

ALEMASTER
bill is strong yes and stuff and faster so hed have an advantage fighting him bt give beta a chance to get one solid hit in and he begin to beat him ... bt thts my thoughts .

Capt.Whitebread
I think if it were a matter of brute strength and stamina, Beta Ray Bill may have will, but he just wouldn't last. Captain Marvel would certainly be battered around by the energies of the hammer Odin himself made for Beta Ray Bill. But when you have the strength of Mercury at your command, it would be a matter (after getting tagged once or twice by the energies from that hammer) of using the speed to evade the attacks. Also, Beta Ray and Thor would probably poop their pants when they see Cap catch and easily wield the hammers. Billy is worthy, not evil, not conceded, and if Capt America in his patriotic glory could lift it, then Captain Marvel in his youthful innocence could stop the hammer.
As far as battling, Cap would impress them, of course, since he is of Olympian embuement, including Hercule's strength... Duh!. But with that Stamina of Atlas.... and the power of Zeus.... I'm sorry, It would be a battle that Cap would win. But, remember, Cap always tried to be diplomatic, Beta Ray Bill had that going for him... so combat would be shorter with those two. And Zeus help if Cap ever got Pissed off!!!!!!! with NO HOLDS BARRED?!?! Yikes!!!!

id369

psycho gundam
cm stompoing bill? lol

even split if anything.

Prep-Man
Classic versions for both. Billy Batson, Marvel.

JakeTheBank
Marvel

BruceSkywalker
BRB loses

xJLxKing
Marvel. Unlike Superman, Marvel has the advantage here because he is very resistant to Magic

Spire
CM.

Endless Mike
I will go against the grain and say BRB wins, he is more versatile with Stormbreaker

TheKahn
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I will go against the grain and say BRB wins, he is more versatile with Stormbreaker

thumb up

Batman-Prime
CM 6/10

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
CM 6/10

This is what I think too as far as the odds of CM taking it. BRB is good enough to not get curb stomped by Marvel.

carver9
Bill 7/10. He's overrall more powerful than cap even though cap is one of my fav characters : (

KingD19
Overall more powerful???

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by KingD19
Overall more powerful???

He has to know, cap is one of his fav characters after all. no expression

carver9
Originally posted by KingD19
Overall more powerful???

Yes, overrall more powerful. We are talking about a guy that defeated ego off pure power alone and put a dent in galactus hull.

BattleMage
I have to go with Beta Ray Bill 6/10 , Only because he has stormbreaker. But if he did not have his hammer Captain Marvel 6-7/10

Versatility is key here!

Omega Vision
I'd say Cap's speed is the key advantage here. Cap takes a majority.

carver9
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'd say Cap's speed is the key advantage here. Cap takes a majority.

Speed? Are we talking about the same bill that fought a light speed with Silver Surfer?

Are we talking about the same bill that punched a fernus wolf 8 times in one second?

How about the same bill that bull rushed star dust and him him a couple of times before she reacted?

Omega Vision
Speed? Are we talking about the same bill that fought a light speed with Silver Surfer?

Are we talking about the same bill that punched a fernus wolf 8 times in one second?

How about the same bill that bull rushed star dust and him him a couple of times before she reacted?
I suppose we are, we're also talking about the Captain Marvel that has FTL feats. Punching something 8 times in a second honestly isn't the least bit impressive. I'm pretty sure Spider-Man could manage that if he used both hands.

celeyhyga17
so close..
Goin with Marvel cause he isn't weak to magic. Slight majority.

Marvel 5.5/10

carver9
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I suppose we are, we're also talking about the Captain Marvel that has FTL feats. Punching something 8 times in a second honestly isn't the least bit impressive. I'm pretty sure Spider-Man could manage that if he used both hands.

IF cap wins and this is a HUGE if, its not because of speed. Beta ray bill have PLENTY of blitzes under his belt to make me realize that he is on caps level of speed.

I cant argue with cap having faster then light speed because he has the feats to back it up (on panel statements) but so does brb.

celeyhyga17
BRB has the energy manipulation and versatility to give CM a run for his money, but CM has always shown to be durable as heck.

xJLxKing
First of all. It's not a huge IF when Captain wins. He has the speed, strength, and durability to hang with Superman. Except, he even has the resistance against Magic. So it is CM who actually has the advantage here, not BRB.

TheKahn
strength = tie
speed = tie
durability = tie
control of magic lightning = tie
energy/matter manip. = BRB

BRB 5.5/ or 6/10

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by TheKahn
strength = tie
speed = tie
durability = tie
control of magic lightning = tie
energy/matter manip. = BRB

BRB 5.5/ or 6/10

I go with

control of magic lightning - BRB (slight edge)
durability -Captain Marvel
speed - Captain Marvel

carver9
Originally posted by xJLxKing
First of all. It's not a huge IF when Captain wins. He has the speed, strength, and durability to hang with Superman. Except, he even has the resistance against Magic. So it is CM who actually has the advantage here, not BRB.

What does captain marvel having the ability to hang with Supes have ANYTHING to do with this thread.

Durability: HHHMMM, BRB survived unharmed and unfazed a sun going super nova. He also survived a crush clap by galactus without a scratch on him. He also survived without a scratch a planet exploding right in his face without a scratch. He also took hits from asteroth and beat her, and she is a universal threat.

Speed: Him keeping up with the surfer is pretty much solid evidence that he is either on or above cap in the speed dept.

Strength: His one strength feat of destroying 2 planet PHYSICALLY is>>Anything captain marvel has done.

Out put of power: Beta ray bill>>>Captain marvel. This is the same guy that blew a hole in the hull of galactus ship and beat ego off pure power alone.

Versatility: Beta ray bill>>>Captain marvel.

If anyone is winning this fight, its going to be brb.

-Pr-
What does captain marvel having the ability to hang with Supes have ANYTHING to do with this thread.

Durability: HHHMMM, BRB survived unharmed and unfazed a sun going super nova. He also survived a crush clap by galactus without a scratch on him. He also survived without a scratch a planet exploding right in his face without a scratch. He also took hits from asteroth and beat her, and she is a universal threat.

Speed: Him keeping up with the surfer is pretty much solid evidence that he is either on or above cap in the speed dept.

Strength: His one strength feat of destroying 2 planet PHYSICALLY is>>Anything captain marvel has done.

Out put of power: Beta ray bill>>>Captain marvel. This is the same guy that blew a hole in the hull of galactus ship and beat ego off pure power alone.

Versatility: Beta ray bill>>>Captain marvel.

If anyone is winning this fight, its going to be brb.

you were told to stop.

TheKahn
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I go with

control of magic lightning - BRB (slight edge)
durability -Captain Marvel
speed - Captain Marvel

Meh...its always hard for me to compare the strength, durability, and speed of cosmic/herald level characters like Superman, Thor, BRB, CM, WW, etc. given all of their impressive feats. So I just assume that they are close enough that it wouldn't determine the fight. Just my opinion though. smile

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
you were told to stop.

I didnt do anything. Would you like for me to provide scans?

xJLxKing
It shows that he is no pushover. It shows just how ridiculous your comment about CM winning is a big IF.

Batdude, PR and a few others already proved that ridiculous crap that your try and bring up. Post them scan again, and I'll prove your wrong myself.

That's your opinion

Fact is, no matter how many feats BRB has, I still haven't seen him beat anyone his level.

laughing out loud okay, how strong is the armor of Galactus them?

-Pr-
I didnt do anything. Would you like for me to provide scans?

the scans of the supernova were proven wrong by several people. you know this, as iirc, you made the thread, or at the very least were heavily involved with it.

using ambiguous scans is one thing, but claiming that scans that are pretty straight forward are somehow something that they're not IS considered trolling on this board.

carver9
the scans of the supernova were proven wrong by several people. you know this, as iirc, you made the thread, or at the very least were heavily involved with it.

using ambiguous scans is one thing, but claiming that scans that are pretty straight forward are somehow something that they're not IS considered trolling on this board.

Well Ill stop

carver9
It shows that he is no pushover. It shows just how ridiculous your comment about CM winning is a big IF.

Batdude, PR and a few others already proved that ridiculous crap that your try and bring up. Post them scan again, and I'll prove your wrong myself.

That's your opinion

Fact is, no matter how many feats BRB has, I still haven't seen him beat anyone his level.

laughing out loud okay, how strong is the armor of Galactus them?

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/9578/stormbreaker0121vw9.jpg
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/3760/stormbreaker0122cz1.jpg

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4829/stormbreaker41415fl8.jpg
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1236/stormbreaker41617ln0.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5586/stormbreaker418jo7.jpg

TheKahn
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/9578/stormbreaker0121vw9.jpg
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/3760/stormbreaker0122cz1.jpg

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4829/stormbreaker41415fl8.jpg
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1236/stormbreaker41617ln0.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5586/stormbreaker418jo7.jpg

What exactly is that suppose to prove?

xJLxKing
How is this impressive? What you proved was that apparently, a small smack from Galactus will KO BRB

I don't know what makes you think that blast was strong enough to destroy 2 planets. Also, BRB didn't even take the hit. He was behind the guy who took the hit. Two different things

carver9
What exactly is that suppose to prove?

He survives a thunder clap from GALACTUS and hes ok from a planet blowing up on him. confused

Someone said that Cap is more durable than him when going by feats, brb durability>Caps.

carver9
How is this impressive? What you proved was that apparently, a small smack from Galactus will KO BRB

I don't know what makes you think that blast was strong enough to destroy 2 planets. Also, BRB didn't even take the hit. He was behind the guy who took the hit. Two different things

LOL, so it was a small smack, a lick that lit up a small part of space. confused and it was from galactus.

What blast? What are you talking about? That was a planet being blown up and bill was in the middle of the explosion.

xJLxKing
He survives a thunder clap from GALACTUS and hes ok from a planet blowing up on him. confused

Someone said that Cap is more durable than him when going by feats, brb durability>Caps.
1- He was KOed from the smack from Galactus, nothing impressive. It's a low feat actually

2- It wasn't a planet exploding attack on him. His opponent was in front of him. He took most of the damage for him

TheKahn

Its impossible to quantify how hard Galactus hit him. All we do know is that it was enough to put BRB down. Thus its practically useless feat unless you can quantify it, imo. erm

carver9
1- He was KOed from the smack from Galactus, nothing impressive. It's a low feat actually

2- It wasn't a planet exploding attack on him. His opponent was in front of him. He took most of the damage for him

LOL, a crush from galactus>>>>>>>>>>>>captain marvel punches.

So if a planet blew up and I stood in front of you, youre not going to feel it? confused

I dont care if someone is in front of you, behind you, beside you, across from you, etc.... If a planet blow up, you are going to feel EVERY piece of the blast.

carver9
Its impossible to quantify how hard Galactus hit him. All we do know is that it was enough to put BRB down. Thus its practically useless feat unless you can quantify it, imo. erm

So galactus extending his arms and bringing them together isnt a indication of galactus putting power behind that smack? Then it lit up the sky.

Omega Vision
LOL, a crush from galactus>>>>>>>>>>>>captain marvel punches.
Not necessarily. We don't know how much effort if any Galactus was putting in. You agree that if he didn't see BRB as a threat he wouldn't even go close to all out right?

xJLxKing
Why? how strong is the smack?

It's a useless feat for BRB, it's nice for Galactus, get it?

I am talking about the hit that caused the explosion.

TheKahn
So galactus extending his arms and bringing them together isnt a indication of galactus putting power behind that smack? Then it lit up the sky.

But you or I don't know how hard the hit was. Could Spiderman have survived it? Wolverine? Colossus? Thing? Firelord? and on and on. Was it like getting hit by a train, or a asteroid, or a planet? We simply don't know so its hard to use it as a feat in a debate.

Simbon

celeyhyga17

supremthor
Marvel wins 7/10, while Bill may be powerful his still no thor.

Warlord
Marvel slight majority

gogogadgetgo
brb 10/10

iceman24567
Marvel for the majority.

Kris Blaze
But you or I don't know how hard the hit was. Could Spiderman have survived it? Wolverine? Colossus? Thing? Firelord? and on and on. Was it like getting hit by a train, or a asteroid, or a planet? We simply don't know so its hard to use it as a feat in a debate.
That argument can be applied to -anything- and going by your logic anything without specific numbers or hyperbole behind it would be inadmissible as feats. While Carver's own faulty logic, that since A knocked out B, anything less than B could not knock out A is just plain crap, yours is not exactly bulletproof. When a character like Galactus exerts any kind of pressure against an opponent, we know that it's often worthwhile. Remember how difficult is usaully is to simply get Galactus' notice? Often, outside of bullshit, he barely even acknowledges heroes.

The attack was sufficient to put BRB in his place, which a planetary attack has been incapable of. Surely it would not be very smart to claim that nothing short of these attacks would work, but it's not like we're going to simply ignore the attack by Galactus. Also, who is to say that Captain Marvel only has one attack? It's not as if he'll only hit BRB once and if that doesn't fall through, he'll quit. Fights like these would have numerous punches exchanged.

id369

Colossus-Big C
Marvel stomps

American Dragon
I have to say Beta Ray Bill. He has the same powers of Thor and Thor beat Captain Marvel so I have no problem believing the Beta Ray Bill would beat him to.

xJLxKing
Thor>BRB

WhiteWitchKing
Thor>BRB

Thor>BRB>CM. BRB wins.

psycho gundam

2- It wasn't a planet exploding attack on him. His opponent was in front of him. He took most of the damage for him actually, it's a creadit to galactus since his thunderclap transcended the power of not only a superman punch from stardust, but the planet bill was drilled into blowing up from the force only partially stunning him.

and carver needs to show the scans of after the crushing from galactus...bill didn't die by the way.

and we need some captain marvel feats also, it's been a while since anyone has put him in a thread and showed anything.

BattleMage
Full potential no holding back blood lusted.
Combatants can only win by KILLING there opponent!

Fight takes place on an abandon planet.

Have at it

amnesia
CM could outlast him IMO

Harbinger
Bill in a damn good fight, IMO.

DarkOdin
I think BRB would be the better one of the 2 when bloodlusted however can he even kill Capt Marvel?? I mean he has been turn inside out and reformed ???

byrdgang21
Good fight. I'll take BRB in a fight to the death. Even when bloodlusted, I don't really see it being easy for CM to kill, so I give it to BRB. I don't see it being a problem for him. Still really good fight.

Badabing
Originally posted by BattleMage
Full potential no holding back blood lusted.
Combatants can only win by KILLING there opponent!

Fight takes place on an abandon planet.

Have at it Been done. Use the search. Merging.

Colossus-Big C
i think black adam would stomp BRB

Lord_Dagoth
Captain Marvel.

Prep-Man
ill take cap since he can amp his stats via the gods. plus his invulnerability will keep him in the fight.

-Pr-
Split imo.

Badabing
Split imo. The only thing that will be split is your skull if you don't pick Billy! sneer

BattleMage
Originally posted by Badabing
Been done. Use the search. Merging. Actually if you used the search you would have seen that the other thread said random encounter!! wink

carver9
The only thing that will be split is your skull if you don't pick Billy! sneer

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLHAHAHAHAHAHALOLOLOLOLOL laughing

I'm using this. I cant WAIT to go to work and tell my manager this. OH YEAH. Happy Dance

carver9
Going by feats Bill is getting the majority.

-Pr-

sad

Billy then. He has the physical advantage anyway.

zeel
tie

amnesia
sad

Billy then. He has the physical advantage anyway.

Report him to the police!

Warlord
split

Philosophía
Billy.

It's a poor man's Superman/Thor from JLA/Avengers, essentially.

amnesia
^ i lolled.

5 people bought that comic book.

ankur29

amnesia
Superman is the original. He couldn't fly though.

Superman is the most iconic character in comic books.

OneDumbG0

zeel
Originally posted by ankur29
i agree with brb being the poor mans thor & CM being the poor mans SM

but SM was once the poor man's CM, miss the old days when CM was important

CM ftw
the original flying super strong guy in DC. period

WURD!

the Darkone
BRB

"Id"

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2/antoinedodsondumb.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.