The Quest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
was just wondering if anybody has ever seen this movie? If so,how do you like it? I dont remember it ever being out at the theaters but I remember hearing about it years later that it was a movie with one of my favorite actors Roger Moore in it and Starring Jean Claude Van Damn so when i saw it at the video library the other night,I snatched it up in a hearbeat since it was one I always meant to see but never got around to.

Loved it,I had no idea what to expect but it exceeded all my expectations.It had great scenery and a music score that really made the movie all the more better.really made some moments fun to watch.I liked it better than even Bloodsport due to that and also since Roger Moore was in it.Van Damn was brilliant casting him in that movie.Moore was also his childhood hero while growing up.I would rank this my second favorite Van Damn movie after Double Impact.

dadudemon
I liked this movie as a kid. It was awesome, as it should be for just about any pre-teen young man.

I thought hte opening scene in the bar was great. Watching that old man beat the crap out of those guys.

Typical van Damme movie, though. With a fight...having to take revenge for a comrade fallen, etc.

They first time i saw it, I would probably give it a 8 out of 10. Seeing it as an adult again, I'd probably give it a 6.

BruceSkywalker
i really didn't like this as much as i thought i would

Mr Parker
Originally posted by dadudemon
I liked this movie as a kid. It was awesome, as it should be for just about any pre-teen young man.

I thought hte opening scene in the bar was great. Watching that old man beat the crap out of those guys.

Typical van Damme movie, though. With a fight...having to take revenge for a comrade fallen, etc.

They first time i saw it, I would probably give it a 8 out of 10. Seeing it as an adult again, I'd probably give it a 6.

yeah I would probably rank it around there as well if Moore wasnt in it.Because he was,I give it a nine.

Scythe
I'm gonna try to watch this next weekend.

Rogue Jedi
Don't get your hopes up. the best part IMO is towards the end when Van Damme is fighting the five style Chinese dude.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Don't get your hopes up. the best part IMO is towards the end when Van Damme is fighting the five style Chinese dude.

lulz

My fav part is the announcer dude with the hilarious voice.

"Moongoooooooliaaaaaaa...versuuuuuussss....Jaaapan!"

K.

JK, JK. I like how van Damme shuts up the boxer dude.

Robtard
"Lets go to Muy Thai Island." Movie's retardedly funny, I saw it for free, opening day in the theatre; I still remember that line.

Rogue Jedi
The Turkish guy pwned that boxers nuts. BIG TIME.

The Nuul
This movie came about because of Van Damme wanting to do Bloodsport his way and Duke wasnt having it. They settled in court and Duke won. Years later, Van Damme made his own version and thats this movie. IMO It failed compared to Bloodsport.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
"Lets go to Muy Thai Island." Movie's retardedly funny, I saw it for free, opening day in the theatre; I still remember that line.

seeing movies free is often the best way

dadudemon
Originally posted by The Nuul
This movie came about because of Van Damme wanting to do Bloodsport his way and Duke wasnt having it. They settled in court and Duke won. Years later, Van Damme made his own version and thats this movie. IMO It failed compared to Bloodsport.

Are you sure?

I liked The Quest more than Bloodsport.

The Nuul
Originally posted by dadudemon
Are you sure?

I liked The Quest more than Bloodsport.

I got some stuff wrong but still Quest is a remake/ripoff of Bloodsport.

http://www.chasingthefrog.com/reelfaces/bloodsport.php

http://martialarts.jameshom.com/library/weekly/aa073001c.htm

Mr Parker
Originally posted by The Nuul
I got some stuff wrong but still Quest is a remake/ripoff of Bloodsport.

http://www.chasingthefrog.com/reelfaces/bloodsport.php

http://martialarts.jameshom.com/library/weekly/aa073001c.htm

It was a dead give away that it was a remake/ripoff of Bloodsport when the beginning credits rolled around and said it was written by Van Damn and Dux. wink I guess not many people here are as huge of a fan of Roger Moore as me and van Damn are cause like I said,thats the main reason I like this one better than Bloodsport. wink I already knew going in,what it was about so when i saw that Dux helped write the movie,I knew that from the get go. big grin

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
The Turkish guy pwned that boxers nuts. BIG TIME.

that was so funny.i was laughing my ass off over that part. laughing

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Scythe
I'm gonna try to watch this next weekend.

so did you like it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.