Mr. Mxyzptlk vs. Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
5D "magic" vs. the Sentryforce.

Discuss

Omega Vision
Mxy stomps without taking the fight seriously.

Galan007
sentry apparently = god now, and god is > mxy.

Xplosive
Mr. Mxyzptlk

Peterlane mk89
Originally posted by Galan007
sentry apparently = god now, and god is > mxy.

This http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-12.jpg

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Peterlane mk89
This

Na but seriosly Imps still shit over cosmic cube beings.....but so does The Sentry. SBP recently beat MYX so going by recent feats Sentry should stomp
There are so many things wrong with the above statement.

bbrem123
y do u put him against people like this if he cant even beat supes in ur mind?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by bbrem123
y do u put him against people like this if he cant even beat supes in ur mind?

Just for perspective. IMO, Sentry's ONE feat which he showed in ONE comic is just ridiculous to blow out of preportion. It would be the same if all of a sudden someone like Thor just "learned" the ability to make someone implode with a touch. I wouldn't even take into account that Thor can do that at will readily until doing the responsible thing which would be to wait to see how the story and characters pan out. It's short sighted to assume everything at face value, ESPECIALLY when dealing with a character and a writer like Sentry and Bendis. For all we know, Molecule Man could have been running the whole thing, or any number of things.

One feat does not a "Cube Being" make.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^True.

Thor for example brought Surtur with his Twilight Sword in the same arc he defeated Thor, and was about to destroy the Universe if he ignited his Sword (Also destroyed a Galaxy forging the Sword.) to his knees with his blows and was actually hurting him. Hell was going toe to toe and inadvertently knocked himself out when Surtur deflected Mjolnir.

Does that make Thor a High End Skyfather? No.

Does Thor defeating Galactus an Abstract? No.

bbrem123
no but this was sentry raping MM...he couldnt even fight back

JakeTheBank
no but this was sentry raping MM...he couldnt even fight back

It's still one feat. That's the point some of us are trying to make. I'm not disputing whether or not it did happen, but with situations like this, context becomes very important. And said context may not even be revealed in the near future. And you'll also have to have Sentry consistantly fight on this same scale. If not, it's just one extremely high showing for him, nothing less, nothing more.

bbrem123
they are seemingly making him fight galactus so he must stay at that level

JakeTheBank
they are seemingly making him fight galactus so he must stay at that level

And what's the context to that fight? Do you know? Does anyone?

bbrem123
no it was just said in wizard that big g and sentry are gonna go at it

bbrem123
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
And what's the context to that fight? Do you know? Does anyone?

u could be right about everything...but as of now sentry is ridiculously powerful

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'd want to see that happen. Of course he'd have to actually defeat Galactus to match that Thor feat.

I hope Thor and Sentry go at it in Siege. I mean a real battle. Have Thor teleport them to some uninhabited Galaxy where they can have a planet shattering battle where they wreck systems. Not a battle on Earth where they won't make any impressive destruction.

JakeTheBank
no it was just said in wizard that big g and sentry are gonna go at it

And until we know how that fight pans out, to put Sentry on a pedistal like some are doing is really unwise. With incredible feats like this, as cool as they may seem (especially if Sentry just happens to be one of your fav characters, which if that's the case, more power to you), a little context and waiting can go a long way.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I'd want to see that happen. Of course he'd have to actually defeat Galactus to match that Thor feat.

I hope Thor and Sentry go at it in Siege. I mean a real battle. Have Thor teleport them to some uninhabited Galaxy where they can have a planet shattering battle where they wreck systems. Not a battle on Earth where they won't make any impressive destruction.

that would be petty damn epic

Knowsbleed33
Mxy wins with ease. Put the Sentry crack pipes down folks.

bbrem123
And until we know how that fight pans out, to put Sentry on a pedistal like some are doing is really unwise. With incredible feats like this, as cool as they may seem (especially if Sentry just happens to be one of your fav characters, which if that's the case, more power to you), a little context and waiting can go a long way.

even if it is a one time feat he is still capable of it...u cant just take it away even if he goes back to his old self...this is a ridiculous top end feat and all it shows is what he is capable of...and characters like supes just cant contend with that

Rage.Of.Olympus
that would be petty damn epic

Yea. We REALLY need a big name match up soon.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Mxy wins with ease. Put the Sentry crack pipes down folks.

ill put it down for now but it tastes so goodd...haha...but seriously this shit is gonna be around for a long ass time unless it is retconned sometime soon

bbrem123
Yea. We REALLY need a big name match up soon.

you will like how DA 12 ends too...it could set up some big stuff for later on in siege

Knowsbleed33
Someone will. Bendis retconned a well established character just to boost Sentry's stock.

JakeTheBank
even if it is a one time feat he is still capable of it...u cant just take it away even if he goes back to his old self...this is a ridiculous top end feat and all it shows is what he is capable of...and characters like supes just cant contend with that

erm

If Sentry doesn't consistantly show that he can operate at this level for a good run in the comics, then why should we automatically assume he'll be at this level? Just because he recently performed such a feat? I just don't see what's difficult about it. It would be the very same if he got his ass kicked by Aunt May. Should we use that really tremendous low feat as the "norm"? Of course not.

bbrem123
feats are what show how powerful someone is...high end feats are what people look at to determine how strong someone is

Rage.Of.Olympus
This is Bendis. I honestly would not be surprised if he considered Molecule Man on regular Top Tier level or did not know what a Cosmic Cube is.

Let's be honest. Bendis doesn't really care for a character except for his version of a character. His written Thor decently enough but he still completely ignores shit. He for example rights Thor and Ares as the best of pals. Ares hates Thor almost if not more than he hates Hercules. Thor has humiliated him worse than Hercules has.

you will like how DA 12 ends too...it could set up some big stuff for later on in siege

I'd have said Thor would have kicked his ass up and down the side walk like he was a pimp collecting money from his *****, but it's seems Bendis intends to leave up to the hype.

So Thor might be in trouble to an extent.

Rage.Of.Olympus
feats are what show how powerful someone is...high end feats are what people look at to determine how strong someone is

We average shit out. For example, I don't believe Thor's is god blasting anyone for the majority of the time.

Knowsbleed33
If Marvel chooses to stick with Sentry at this level, Thor is ****ed if they ever meet.

bbrem123
If Marvel chooses to stick with Sentry at this level, Thor is ****ed if they ever meet.

we will have to see what happens in siege and after it ends

JakeTheBank
We average shit out. For example, I don't believe Thor's is god blasting anyone for the majority of the time.

Word. This is the only way that makes sense. Otherwise Thor is always at Mangog owning, Ragnarok ending levels.

bbrem123
This is Bendis. I honestly would not be surprised if he considered Molecule Man on regular Top Tier level or did not know what a Cosmic Cube is.

Let's be honest. Bendis doesn't really care for a character except for his version of a character. His written Thor decently enough but he still completely ignores shit. He for example rights Thor and Ares as the best of pals. Ares hates Thor almost if not more than he hates Hercules. Thor has humiliated him worse than Hercules has.

I'd have said Thor would have kicked his ass up and down the side walk like he was a pimp collecting money from his *****, but it's seems Bendis intends to leave up to the hype.

So Thor might be in trouble to an extent.

i wouldnt mind either character wining this fight...two of my favorites...cant really lose here for me

Rage.Of.Olympus

Because of the Molecule Man thing?

Did you read the issue? Owen was surprised by an attack from a reformed Sentry then blasted correct? Did he set up any form of defense?

What's Owens most impressive recent feat? Was it the Beyonder fight in the 90's? Meh, based on that and what I recall from it and it being Bendis, Loki's showing against Seth is more impressive to me than this one.

bbrem123
Word. This is the only way that makes sense. Otherwise Thor is always at Mangog owning, Ragnarok ending levels.

the funny thing is people use that when they debate all the time..."thor just godblast him for the win"...ive seen it happen with a lot of characters

JakeTheBank
the funny thing is people use that when they debate all the time..."thor just godblast him for the win"...ive seen it happen with a lot of characters

Word, and it needs to stop for all characters with high end feats.

Rage.Of.Olympus
i wouldnt mind either character wining this fight...two of my favorites...cant really lose here for me

Meh, I like competent Sentry but I've lost respect for him. To unreliable. Some people might find the entire head case thing interesting though.

I for one think he has his bad ass moments definitely though.

bbrem123
Meh, I like competent Sentry but I've lost respect for him. To unreliable. Some people might find the entire head case thing interesting though.

I for one think he has his bad ass moments definitely though.

this is defiantly a bad ass moment for him then..he is in complete control

i can see why people dont like him too tho...i am a huge fan of sentry and i had almost lost all faith in the character until now

Rage.Of.Olympus
this is defiantly a bad ass moment for him then..he is in complete control

i can see why people dont like him too tho...i am a huge fan of sentry and i had almost lost all faith in the character until now

True.

Mr Master
Sentry defeating Owen reminds me of Bobby (Ice Man) defeating Oblivion.

... or Black Panther putting Silver Surfer in an unbreakable arm lock.

What the hell is Marvel doing letting this rogue writer get away with this?

Prep-Man
I knew Sentry was going to be a powerhouse in this event. Deal with it, Sentry is going to be a cosmic powerhouse.

starlock
Mxy for the easy win...this is actually spite

-Pr-
closing this until sentry gets a bit more consistency.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.