Rulk vs Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SoulDevourer
yup yup 2 plot devices erm

loebforce vs sentryforce stick out tongue

bbrem123
they look at eachohter and the universe explodes

Peterlane mk89
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
yup yup 2 plot devices erm

loebforce vs sentryforce stick out tongue

The destruction of the OMNIVERSE. smile

Sentry stomps though. Sentry is the only guy that hasn't jobbed to Wolverine. Hulk and Rulk have

Xplosive
Sentry, except if Rulk could absorbs his powers. Wouldn't be surprised.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Peterlane mk89
The destruction of the OMNIVERSE. smile

Sentry stomps though. Sentry is the only guy that hasn't jobbed to Wolverine. Hulk and Rulk have and wut if Rulk absorb Sentrys power & become even stronger? (= Rentry big grin)

Peterlane mk89
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
or maybe Rulk gonna absorb Sentrys power & become even stronger (= Rentry? big grin)

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-12.jpg
As I said the OMNIVERSE explodes big grin

JakeTheBank
The readers lose.

Peterlane mk89
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The readers lose.

I win. The haters lose

Survivor19
Zombie Sentry jobbed to zombie Wolverine, though

SamZED
So it only took one issue to make Sentry into a new Squirrel Girl?erm

redhotrash
I thought Sentryforce involved him losing to foes he has no buisness losing to...

TheKahn
The readers lose.

thumb up

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by SamZED
So it only took one issue to make Sentry into a new Squirrel Girl?erm

Something of that nature.

Mshinu
Sentry creates a clone of Wolvie and sics it on Rulk laughing out loud

Batman-Prime
Rulk.

zeel
Originally posted by Peterlane mk89
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-12.jpg
As I said the OMNIVERSE explodes big grin

the 2 were fighting and in a fight there is no rules. Your scan just proves that sentry is a ****ing unprepared retard.

Mshinu
Sentry can grow his balls back..

ALEMASTER
well sentry can rearrange particles so he rips him apart ... well as seen in dark avengers

TheKahn
Originally posted by Mshinu
Sentry can grow his balls back..

A real superpower if I've ever heard of one. wink

quanchi112
Sentry can grow his balls back.. laughing out loud

Warlord
Sentry creates a clone of Wolvie and sics it on Rulk laughing out loud

that

shokosugi
Rulk

Slaanesh
Rulk

SamZED
..loses.

quanchi112
Sentry wins.

r0nm0n88
i think sentry wins even before all that molecular nonsense he pulled off, after its a stomp.

JakeTheBank
Bump for great justice!

Enyalus
Rulk absorbs teh energiez!

Xplosive
Originally posted by r0nm0n88
i think sentry wins even before all that molecular nonsense he pulled off, after its a stomp.

Yeah right. Rulk would stomp him back then. Now, Sentry wins.

janus77
sadly, Rulk would win this... energy absorption ala Rulk-Surfer no expression

Mshinu
Rulk is too smart to absorb Sentry, he doesn`t want the Void inside him.

I see Rulk pulling off a "but we were friends" tho.

SamZED
Rulk is better at absorbing than Absorbing man? Cause Sentry overloaded him.

janus77
Rulk took Surfer's PC away, he took Hulk's gamma away (however temporary that might be)... both would overload AM, imo.

janus77
Rulk is too smart to absorb Sentry, he doesn`t want the Void inside him.

I see Rulk pulling off a "but we were friends" tho.
Void trapped in Rulk would commit suicide... Rulk's just too ... umm ... Rulk no expression

Mshinu
Originally posted by janus77
Void trapped in Rulk would commit suicide... Rulk's just too ... umm ... Rulk no expression

I don`t think the Void can die any more than Sentry can.. Void might go insane in Rulk tho and become the ROID

janus77
I don`t think the Void can die any more than Sentry can.. Void might go insane in Rulk tho and become the ROID
oh god ... ROID ... red-tinged, shadow-y tendrils of fear and instant death ...

didn't DA show that Osborn's been regularly feeding Sentry with SS Serum in order to boost his powers ... wouldn't that imply that Sentry can be weakened by lack of SS Serum and so ... eventually (at some distant point in the future) could die?

Mshinu
Originally posted by janus77
oh god ... ROID ... red-tinged, shadow-y tendrils of fear and instant death ...

didn't DA show that Osborn's been regularly feeding Sentry with SS Serum in order to boost his powers ... wouldn't that imply that Sentry can be weakened by lack of SS Serum and so ... eventually (at some distant point in the future) could die?

I don`t think so. Norman controls Sentry trough his addiction to the high. He doesn`t need to recharge.

SamZED
I dont think the serum enhanced his powers, it was just a drug for Sentry. Osborn's way of keeping him under controle.

janus77
I'm sure it states that he grew more powerful, as a result of taking more serum. also, it is the same serum that made him Sentry in the first place so ...

Xplosive
What is lately with Rulk? Did he fight anyone recently?

SamZED
Thing and got his ass kicked. Then he fought a gorilla. And won. Yay.

janus77
he didn't "fight" Thing, it was part of Banner's plan to have RedHulk there to aid the FF (though not to succeed, apparently).

he did go "Sentry" on a Gorilla though, not sure whether its durability was greater than Ares or not ... shifty

oh and he took an OldPower gunshot to the head, at point-blank range, and shook it off.

SamZED
Overall his showings are crappy comparing to the earlier (loeb force) ones. Starting with the Wolverine fight.

Xplosive
Originally posted by SamZED
Overall his showings are crappy comparing to the earlier (loeb force) ones. Starting with the Wolverine fight.

He needs to get some powerful opponent and he will be back in the game.

SamZED
You can't get any more powerful than Wolverine. cool

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Enyalus
Rulk absorbs teh energiez! Or Sentry uses his aura to calms teh Rulk downz! big grin

thanos-prime
Sentry

DarkOdin
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Or Sentry uses his aura to calms teh Rulk downz! big grin Nah Sentry's aura would just keep Rulk from hot flashing

OneDumbG0
^ Hasn't Sentry's aura reverted Hulk back into Banner?

DarkOdin
^ Hasn't Sentry's aura reverted Hulk back into Banner?
i think is has a calming effect but rulk doesn't seem to be linked to his rage like Hulk. I far as i can tell red hulk doesn't revert at all

Enyalus
Or Sentry uses his aura to calms teh Rulk downz! big grin
Rulk then thanks Sentry because otherwise he'd have overheated and gotten weaker. Then proceeds to absorb teh energiez!!1!uno

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by DarkOdin
i think is has a calming effect but rulk doesn't seem to be linked to his rage like Hulk. I far as i can tell red hulk doesn't revert at all Yeah, but I always thought Sentry's aura did more than just calm Hulk, it affected his gamma energies.

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by DarkOdin
As far as i can tell red hulk doesn't revert at all

He was shown transforming from a human into the Red Hulk.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
He was shown transforming from a human into the Red Hulk.
Uh huh. When he was first transformed into Rulk.

Ptr_Grifin
Uh huh. When he was first transformed into Rulk.

Domino witnessed the transformation. This happened recently when they introduced the Red She-Hulk.

Enyalus
Domino witnessed the transformation. This happened recently when they introduced the Red She-Hulk.
Domino witnessed it in a flashback while they were telling some of the backstory of Rulk. Domino didn't witness the transformation recently by in-universe standards. Only by publishing standards.

Ptr_Grifin
Domino witnessed it in a flashback while they were telling some of the backstory of Rulk. Domino didn't witness the transformation recently by in-universe standards. Only by publishing standards.

She saw him transform into Red Hulk in an alley. It wasn't a first time thing.

Enyalus
She saw him transform into Red Hulk in an alley. It wasn't a first time thing.
I think you're right. So, my bad.

quanchi112
Sentry wins.

Wild Shadow
Rulk Drains Sentry of his power and snaps his neck... ftw. big grin

Firestorms
I'm going with Rulk, he seems to be more clear and consistent as a plot device and he scored a clear win over OdinForce Thor

Sentry at his peak going full out looked like he would have given Thor a beatdown, but the fight ended early

Rulks high end feats are more consistent and conclusive
Sentry still makes a lot less sense

JakeTheBank
The Loebforce has abandoned Rulk whereas the Bendispower is still going strong...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Firestorms
I'm going with Rulk, he seems to be more clear and consistent as a plot device and he scored a clear win over OdinForce Thor

Sentry at his peak going full out looked like he would have given Thor a beatdown, but the fight ended early

Rulks high end feats are more consistent and conclusive
Sentry still makes a lot less sense How is Rulk beating the Sentry? Sentry's best moments are overpowering the Mm, ripping ares in half, raping Terrax, etc. which with all things considered I don't even know how you could give a single victory to a guy who punches and absorbs power against someone with the power and capabilites of the Sentry.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
How is Rulk beating the Sentry? Sentry's best moments are overpowering the Mm, ripping ares in half, raping Terrax, etc. which with all things considered I don't even know how you could give a single victory to a guy who punches and absorbs power against someone with the power and capabilites of the Sentry.
Lets be real here, Loeb Force Rulk could EASILY replicate those feats save perhaps the MM incident.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Lets be real here, Loeb Force Rulk could EASILY replicate those feats save perhaps the MM incident. So he cannot replicate his best feat or abilities and somehow rulk wins?

Omega Vision
So he cannot replicate his best feat or abilities and somehow rulk wins?
Loeb Force Rulk wins, that's his purpose as a character. Sentry meanwhile has spent 75% of his appearances as a jobber, 15% as a background character who just stands around looking majestic, and a measly 10% as a legitimate Top Tier or above.

Void owned Molecule Man. Bob doesn't have control over his powers like Void does and can't be expected to be as effective.

quanchi112
Loeb Force Rulk wins, that's his purpose as a character. Sentry meanwhile has spent 75% of his appearances as a jobber, 15% as a background character who just stands around looking majestic, and a measly 10% as a legitimate Top Tier or above.

Void owned Molecule Man. Bob doesn't have control over his powers like Void does and can't be expected to be as effective. When did he job? Please give me some examples.

They are the same person and at the point in which the Sentry di dthat Void had a lot of the control but sentry was in there as well.

Yeah, Rulk can't win. What's a punch going to do to the Sentry? thor wrecked the guy in moments the guy who couldn't really phase the Sentry.

Omega Vision
When did he job? Please give me some examples.
You kidding me?

Blue Marvel, WW Hulk, his wife killing him with one shot of a Kree pistol, Wendihulk, getting owned by Iron Man hacking his computer, Hercules kneeing him in the groin, She-Hulk dropping him with a punch, Johnny Storm torching him, the list goes on and on.

quanchi112
You kidding me?

Blue Marvel, WW Hulk, his wife killing him with one shot of a Kree pistol, Wendihulk, getting owned by Iron Man hacking his computer, Hercules kneeing him in the groin, She-Hulk dropping him with a punch, Johnny Storm torching him, the list goes on and on. He beat blue marvel so how is that jobbing? laughing out loud He burned out WW Hulk in his own mega event at the end of the arc so how is this jobbing? laughing out loud

It was established physical damage is nill so writers can have his body destroyed etc. It's all for the plot and things like this arre easy to understand. Before his newer powers were revealed he took on such greater forces but couldn't afford to have his head ripped off but since his powers allowed it it can occur. he also screwed with his wife so he can just be messing wit her the entire time.

What did Wendihulk do? Should the Sentry just eradicate every problem the moment he shows up or do you just need to understand storytelling and drama?

His weakness has always been his mind so I can live with that. At his best Iron Man can't do shit and admits as much.

So a character not defeating him but using his skill to attack his groin is jobbing? Wow.

He wasn't there to fight she hulk, obviously. Sentry's mind is his most vulnerable spot so storm doing so is believable. Won't happen again or when his mind is right.

Those are terrible examples and are consistent with his character.

JakeTheBank
Seriously, Quan, I think even you have to admit full powered Loebforce Rulk would beat the shit out of Sentry.

the ninjak
Rulk can't beat Sentry

quanchi112
Seriously, Quan, I think even you have to admit full powered Loebforce Rulk would beat the shit out of Sentry. I don't think so as full powered Rulk got his ass kicked the second go round with Thor.

Omega Vision
I don't think so as full powered Rulk got his ass kicked the second go round with Thor.
Odin Force Thor would also murder the non Voided Sentry. And I'm pretty sure in their second encounter Rulk's Loeb Force was wearing off.

guy222
I hope Sentry/Void has a pleasant ending

Rulk at his best wins here

However, Marvel has him now is a sad tale of a company selling to another and nothing they write is an amazement to me

Guy222

stick out tongue

quanchi112
Odin Force Thor would also murder the non Voided Sentry. And I'm pretty sure in their second encounter Rulk's Loeb Force was wearing off. No, he wouldn't. Thor was never written to even half as powerful or fearsome as King Thor. I think most writers even ignored the odinforce part altogether. The point is Sentry clearly wins here. At his best he stomps Rulk.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.