Quasar vs X Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
who wins

starlock
Originally posted by Nihilist
who wins

You just had to put 2 of my favorite characters against eachother mad

Quasar wins...if its Wendal!

Nihilist
Originally posted by starlock
You just had to put 2 of my favorite characters against eachother mad

Quasar wins...if its Wendal! laughing out loud i saw you was on, thought it would catch you.

And Wendal.

starlock
Originally posted by Nihilist
laughing out loud i saw you was on, thought it would catch you.

And Wendal.

Yeah..then Quasar...i actually think it would be close...as quasar has problems with psionic energy....but i think X-man will push himself to the point of no return...Quasars shileds even when looked at from the low end to the high end average..are insane...he will outlast and beat X-man. mad ..... stick out tongue

Warlord
wendel

id369
Wendel fared vary well with against Phoenix II. He should take the majority, but my opinion may change depending how he fares in the incoming issues.

rotiart
Originally posted by id369
Wendel fared vary well with against Phoenix II. He should take the majority, but my opinion may change depending how he fares in the incoming issues. Wendell vaughns shields have proven themselves against attacks from a great majority of earths heroes... Thanos adam warlock... Etc...

Physically I think a fair majority goes to quasar like 7/10...
If Nate tries for the telepathic battle... Quasar hasn't really faced off against that kinda battle afaik...

But like the above said... I'd like to see natess upcoming dark avenger issue...

Tazer
Yo.

actually, if we assume that Elvis has his tp-shields up, then mind-control isnt an option for Xman since the QBs can stand up to even Overmind-level mental assualts. but if they arent, and they arent always, then Xman could win this.

I dont see how Elvis would win hiding behind his shields, since Xman could still beat on them w/tk...........

Tazer

rotiart
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

actually, if we assume that Elvis has his tp-shields up, then mind-control isnt an option for Xman since the QBs can stand up to even Overmind-level mental assualts. but if they arent, and they arent always, then Xman could win this.

I dont see how Elvis would win hiding behind his shields, since Xman could still beat on them w/tk...........

Tazer

why do you keep calling him elvis.

kgkg
^ Because his full name is Wendell Elvis Vaughn

rotiart
Omg. I thought he was talking about nate the entire time. :P
I kept thinking it was the hair do.

celeyhyga17
Quase

basilisk
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

Tazer

The Overmind feat was pretty good. But I don't think his TP resistance is based on his shields.

IIRC at some point he activated some kind of protection in his bands, which is always 'on' and separate from his shields. Even when he was just walking around with no shields Moondragon was saying things like 'if only his mind wasn't proof to my influence' or something like that.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by basilisk
The Overmind feat was pretty good. But I don't think his TP resistance is based on his shields.

IIRC at some point he activated some kind of protection in his bands, which is always 'on' and separate from his shields. Even when he was just walking around with no shields Moondragon was saying things like 'if only his mind wasn't proof to my influence' or something like that.

didnt mean to imply that they were based on his shield-STR, but rather were another function of the QBs........

Tazer

Blanket
Elvis is not getting mind abused in anyway. That being said, it's a fairly close battle, and I'll pick Elvis because I like him more

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Blanket
Elvis is not getting mind abused in anyway. That being said, it's a fairly close battle, and I'll pick Elvis because I like him more

well, thats not a given as Elvis hasnt ALWAYS HAD tp-shields, and w/o them he's just as vulnerable as anybody else to tp-assault.

Tazer

id369
X-Man return has impressed me. He now stands a greater chance against Quasar thanks to his 300 different ways of gaining wisdom. A powerful Pre-Cog. And most importantly time manipulation on a whim.

Give X-Man a few more decent speed feats, and we just might have the most solid pure Psi character under the Herald limit.

peaches

The Nuul
I dont think Quasar has many feats vs someone with TP powers or someone as uber as Nate with that power. With that said Nate wins.

Warlord
i think Quasar's bands make him totally immune to telepathy

The Nuul
Doesnt Nate has some time manip or something like that?

jasofisc
nate just got solo'd by Ares so i'm guessing according to current forms of characters nate goes down hard.

The Nuul
He was screwing with him, serious Nate would stomp Ares.

id369
@Nuul - Quasar has fought Phoenix II (Rachel), and pretty much showed he could beat her. While Rachel is not as competent as Nate, she is certainly more powerful.

Any how I think its safe to say Nate took a dive for Ares at the end. Seriously Nate was physically stalemating Ares, while he dealt with the rest of the Dark Avengers.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by jasofisc
nate just got solo'd by Ares so i'm guessing according to current forms of characters nate goes down hard.
You didn't read till the end, did you?

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by The Nuul
I dont think Quasar has many feats vs someone with TP powers or someone as uber as Nate with that power. With that said Nate wins.

Overmind, a Watcher, Moondragon, MODOK, Phoenix II, Oracle.........Id say a few there could match him.

Originally posted by Warlord
i think Quasar's bands make him totally immune to telepathy

no, only mental domination; he can still be "read" & "spoken to".

also, said protection only works if the feature has been turned on.

Originally posted by id369
@Nuul - Quasar has fought Phoenix II (Rachel), and pretty much showed he could beat her. While Rachel is not as competent as Nate, she is certainly more powerful.

to clarify, Elvis fought a mind-controlled Phoenix II who only used fairly basic energy against him; if unfetterd I dont doubt that fight would look alot different.

Tazer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.