Hulk vs Daken

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKahn
It seems like Daken can give his old man a decent fight, so do you think his healing factor, Muramasa Claws, pheromones, and fighting skills are enough to take down the Hulk?

Trackz
nope

darthgoober
I actually see Daken as having a better shot than Logan because of his Muramasa Claws. He might be able to take this if he plays it defensively and waits for some good openings, but all Hulk has to do is stun him with a thunderclap or something like that it's going to be all over...

Trackz
Originally posted by darthgoober
I actually see Daken as having a better shot than Logan because of his Muramasa Claws. He might be able to take this if he plays it defensively and waits for some good openings, but all Hulk has to do is stun him with a thunderclap or something like that it's going to be all over... that's what i was thinking, a thunder clap might do considerable damage, all hulk needs is one shot.

redhotrash
Daken's hf seems so much weaker than his pop's

TheKahn
Originally posted by redhotrash
Daken's hf seems so much weaker than his pop's

I don't know. He seemed to do fairly well against the damage that the Thing inflicted (esp. given the fact that he wasn't actually trying to fight back). Why would a thunder clap be more effective against Daken than Wolverine? confused

ps I didn't know Ben Grimm was a gay-basher. no expression
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p388/proteus_lives/Scan11021.jpg

redhotrash
Thats actually one of the instances where I thought his HF looked pretty weak. He stayed messed up for a little while too.

TheKahn
Originally posted by redhotrash
Thats actually one of the instances where I thought his HF looked pretty weak. He stayed messed up for a little while too.

See, I thought he was milking his injuries given his plan to play the FF off of Norman (although I could certainly be wrong on that point). mhmm

Parmaniac
Daken has the potential to be better against Hulk than Wolvie cause of his Marasama claws and pheros but he doesn't have a adamantium skeleton so Hulk could really crush him instantly

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Daken has the potential to be better against Hulk than Wolvie cause of his Marasama claws and pheros but he doesn't have a adamantium skeleton so Hulk could really crush him instantly
assuming he landed true, but we saw how well Skarr did at landing shots.

StiltmanFTW
And one thunderclap ain't putting him down.

jalek moye
Hulk is huge and alot more resilent then Skaar is, so if those claw strikes aren't extremly well placed and in rapid enough succesion he will get crushed.

With him the pheremones effects will vary with his mental state

Battlehammer
Originally posted by jalek moye

With him the pheremones effects will vary with his mental state
Based on what? why do you assume so? There no reason to.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Battlehammer

That was a problem for young Daken.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
That was a problem for young Daken.
I think he ment the change in Hulks mental state.

If he ment Daken that makes no sense since after his training he never had such problems.

Prep-Man
Hulk.

Blanket
Originally posted by TheKahn
I don't know. He seemed to do fairly well against the damage that the Thing inflicted (esp. given the fact that he wasn't actually trying to fight back). Why would a thunder clap be more effective against Daken than Wolverine? confused

ps I didn't know Ben Grimm was a gay-basher. no expression
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p388/proteus_lives/Scan11021.jpg Ben didn't even hit him, and Daken looked like he was having a seizure...

jalek moye

The angrier he is the less things like that effect him, like Venus's love power or Sentry's calming etc

TheKahn
Originally posted by Blanket
Ben didn't even hit him, and Daken looked like he was having a seizure...

He smashed his face into the ground deforming the metal floor. confused

Trackz
one thunder clap would be enough to disorient him, and hulk only needs one hit to obliterate daken

iceman24567
Daken only needs one hit too erm

Trackz
Originally posted by iceman24567
Daken only needs one hit too erm hulks a big guy, wolverine has taken one swipe the from muramasa blade and kept fighting, one stab/slash from the muramasa blade isn't going to put down hulk, it's going to piss him off more.

Rage.Of.Olympus
A single punch from Hulk would put his fist through Daken's skull if his angry enough rather easily. Even a thunder clap would seriously disorient him and send him flying.

Daken's Muramasa claws are very dangerous but as I recall it didn't take one hit against Skaar and it isn't taking one hit against the Hulk. Heck, I even doubt that Daken's claws would stop Hulk's healing factor completely.

Nothing has been shown to suggest that the pheromones would work on a being like the Hulk.

Kris Blaze
Daken has enhanced durability at best.

-any- attack from someone who's above class 100 should turn him into goo.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
A single punch from Hulk would put his fist through Daken's skull if his angry enough rather easily. Even a thunder clap would seriously disorient him and send him flying.

Daken's Muramasa claws are very dangerous but as I recall it didn't take one hit against Skaar and it isn't taking one hit against the Hulk. Heck, I even doubt that Daken's claws would stop Hulk's healing factor completely.

Nothing has been shown to suggest that the pheromones would work on a being like the Hulk.

IIRC, Wolverine believed the claws would be enough to kill Skaar and during the fight Daken never went for a killing blow (I believe he stabbed Skaar in the shoulders). Either way they worked against healing factor that at least similar to the Hulk's given that Skaar derives much of his power from his father.

Again, teh pheromones worked on Skaar who is about as close to the Hulk as you can get, imo.

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Daken has enhanced durability at best.

-any- attack from someone who's above class 100 should turn him into goo.

In real life I would agree, but 100+ ton punches don't turn Wolverine's soft tissues to goo, so I don't see why Daken's would be different.

Kris Blaze
In real life I would agree, but 100+ ton punches don't turn Wolverine's soft tissues to goo, so I don't see why Daken's would be different.
He's got DAT METAL SKELETONZ!!!!!

namorsubby

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p388/proteus_lives/Scan11021.jpg

lol, this is one of my fav scans of all time.....

oh, and daken doesn't stand half a chance here......he's a virtual leg amputee.lol

TheKahn
He's got DAT METAL SKELETONZ!!!!!

True, but that has nothing to do with the durability of his soft body tissues (skin, muscles, organs, etc). A punch from the Hulk should liquefy those tissues despite the durability of his skeleton, but it just doesn't happen. erm

namorsubby
True, but that has nothing to do with the durability of his soft body tissues (skin, muscles, organs, etc). A punch from the Hulk should liquefy those tissues despite the durability of his skeleton, but it just doesn't happen. erm to be honest......when up against 100class attacks.....all that metal skeleton should really do is aid in smashing up more of his insides

Rage.Of.Olympus
IIRC, Wolverine believed the claws would be enough to kill Skaar and during the fight Daken never went for a killing blow (I believe he stabbed Skaar in the shoulders). Either way they worked against healing factor that at least similar to the Hulk's given that Skaar derives much of his power from his father.

Again, teh pheromones worked on Skaar who is about as close to the Hulk as you can get, imo.

They weren't though. I'm pretty sure he stabbed Skaar in the neck at one point. Physically he has been shown to be nowhere near his father in terms of strength so I doubt his healing factor is as powerful either.

Really? I thought Skaar could smell the pheromones and that the fact that Daken's pheromones could affect Skaar was in doubt. I do not believe it was shown or stated anywhere that his pheromones were clearly affecting Skaar. The closest was when Daken asked Skaar how he could be sure that Daken wasn't controlling him but all that did was piss him off and I think Daken was just messing with him.

Kris Blaze
True, but that has nothing to do with the durability of his soft body tissues (skin, muscles, organs, etc). A punch from the Hulk should liquefy those tissues despite the durability of his skeleton, but it just doesn't happen. erm
I know that it should, it's just the best comic-book explanation.

And who's to say that his organs do not liquefy? They did when he fought Namor, supposedly.

TheKahn
I know that it should, it's just the best comic-book explanation.

And who's to say that his organs do not liquefy? They did when he fought Namor, supposedly.

I chalk that up to hyperbole on Wolverine's part. If it were true his lungs would be liquid themselves (and thus unable to move air past his voice box). And the fact that his skin appeared fine. erm

TheKahn
They weren't though. I'm pretty sure he stabbed Skaar in the neck at one point. Physically he has been shown to be nowhere near his father in terms of strength so I doubt his healing factor is as powerful either.
Can't remember the exact points of attack, but it was clear that the wounds were not healing very quickly. My point was the Muramasa blade (whose only purpose of existing is to halt superhuman healing factors) was effective against a gamma-powered opponent.

Really? I thought Skaar could smell the pheromones and that the fact that Daken's pheromones could affect Skaar was in doubt. I do not believe it was shown or stated anywhere that his pheromones were clearly affecting Skaar. The closest was when Daken asked Skaar how he could be sure that Daken wasn't controlling him but all that did was piss him off and I think Daken was just messing with him.

IIRC, the pheromones were able to cause Skaar to transform back into his younger persona.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Can't remember the exact points of attack, but it was clear that the wounds were not healing very quickly. My point was the Muramasa blade (whose only purpose of existing is to halt superhuman healing factors) was effective against a gamma-powered opponent.

IIRC, the pheromones were able to cause Skaar to transform back into his younger persona.

Pretty sure he was stabbed in the neck or around there.

They were not but just because they can work against a Gamma powered opponent is a far cry from meaning it will work against Hulk.

Really? I thought that was because his younger persona wanted him to talk to Daken and did himself in the bar. He asked Daken to kill him or something along those lines.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Trackz
hulks a big guy, wolverine has taken one swipe the from muramasa blade and kept fighting, one stab/slash from the muramasa blade isn't going to put down hulk, it's going to piss him off more.
Wolverine took a super fecial wound, that is not comaprable to taking a dirrect stabb.

TheKahn

They were not but just because they can work against a Gamma powered opponent is a far cry from meaning it will work against Hulk.

Really? I thought that was because his younger persona wanted him to talk to Daken and did himself in the bar. He asked Daken to kill him or something along those lines.

If the blade does work against gamma-powered individuals, why wouldn't they work against the gamma-powered hulk?

I suppose you could be right. I just thought the pheromones calmed Skaar down enough so that he actually would revert back to his younger self.

Battlehammer

he stabbed him a few times from the look of it.

Why would it not work on hulk? does hulk now have a magic power which stops him from having his healing factor halted? That quite a stretch seeing as the Blade is disign to halt anyones healing ability......hell it even worked on Shiva who a robot lol.

No it not, that was all due to pheramone manipulation.

Battlehammer
The angrier he is the less things like that effect him, like Venus's love power or Sentry's calming etc
There no evidence to suggest it would not work, for starters it work on his son who an even anger prick. Venus powers dident work due to drugs in Hulk system, not due to his own anger.

Omega Vision
Wolverine took a super fecial wound, that is not comaprable to taking a dirrect stabb.
A super-fecal wound. My god that sounds horrible. sick

SuperiorTech
http://thumbnails19.imagebam.com/6063/3f5b3660624575.gif http://thumbnails14.imagebam.com/6063/a41cb960624578.gif

Banner spoke about what happened between the two here.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If the blade does work against gamma-powered individuals, why wouldn't they work against the gamma-powered hulk?

I suppose you could be right. I just thought the pheromones calmed Skaar down enough so that he actually would revert back to his younger self.

Because just because something works against a gamma powered individual it doesn't mean it would work on the Hulk. It's like saying, just because Daken's pheromones worked on Ares, they will work on Thor (Or pick something that worked on an Asgardian that didn't work on Thor.).

I recall, them sitting in a bar, Skaar reverting, them having a conversation then when pissed off he reverts back to Skaar. I could be wrong. I honestly don't give a shit about either Daken or Skaar.

Rage.Of.Olympus
he stabbed him a few times from the look of it.

Why would it not work on hulk? does hulk now have a magic power which stops him from having his healing factor halted? That quite a stretch seeing as the Blade is disign to halt anyones healing ability......hell it even worked on Shiva who a robot lol.

No it not, that was all due to pheramone manipulation.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Because this is the Hulk. His been weakened, drained but it's all been worth shit when he gets really angry. His resisted everything from transmutation to being devolved by the High Evolutionary himself. Just because something works on someone else like Skaar far from means it works on the Hulk.

I recall the entire pheromone manipulation being kept in doubt.

Battlehammer
Thanks for the confirmation.

Because this is the Hulk. His been weakened, drained but it's all been worth shit when he gets really angry. His resisted everything from transmutation to being devolved by the High Evolutionary himself. Just because something works on someone else like Skaar far from means it works on the Hulk.

I recall the entire pheromone manipulation being kept in doubt.
welx.

But to assume it wont is quite a stretch. The sword has been stated numerous times to stop healing factors. It stops people from healing this is a fact. It work on everyone from omega red, wolverine, sabre-tooth, ect. It even worked on a robot named shiva. It even worked on Skarr son who posses similar traits to his father, it is quite a stretch to assume the sword won't work on Hulk.

It was never in doubt at all. It clearly worked not sure were you got that from.

Rage.Of.Olympus
welx.

But to assume it wont is quite a stretch. The sword has been stated numerous times to stop healing factors. It stops people from healing this is a fact. It work on everyone from omega red, wolverine, sabre-tooth, ect. It even worked on a robot named shiva. It even worked on Skarr son who posses similar traits to his father, it is quite a stretch to assume the sword won't work on Hulk.

It was never in doubt at all. It clearly worked not sure were you got that from.

Welx?

Again just because something works on others doesn't mean they will work on Hulk. Personally I view Hulk's healing factor as superior to all the people mentioned. On top of everything the angrier he gets the more his healing factor works and the more potent it becomes. The Hulk's entire power set adds an incredibly dynamic factor to the point just because it worked on someone similar, does not mean it would work on the Hulk himself. The Hulk has a long line of history doing things that shouldn't been possible like grabbing energy for example, and resisting things that based on his power set should keep him down.

I recall Skaar smelling his pheromones and Daken messing with his head, and stating that how can Skaar be sure that his pheromones aren't controlling him already, which just pissed him off I believe.

rotiart
Daken does have a healing factor doesn't he?

Kris Blaze
Why doesn't Daken's healing factor stop working when the murafag claws burst through his skin?

Starscream M
Why doesn't Daken's healing factor stop working when the murafag claws burst through his skin? because he has openings for them to come out, rather than them piercing his skin

Battlehammer
Welx?

Again just because something works on others doesn't mean they will work on Hulk.
you said thanks for the confirmation.

That can be said about anyone in any given scenerio. To assume it wont is a strentch when it work with individuals with comparable abilities.

Personally I view Hulk's healing factor as superior to all the people mentioned.
I disagree, for starters Hulk shown to be effected by pressure point attacks things that wolverine seems immune to. He also has never displayed ehaling from a skeleton which wolverine done on several occassions. Hell Sabre-tooth has healed from being little pieces of flesh on the ground ect.

On top of everything the angrier he gets the more his healing factor works and the more potent it becomes. The Hulk's entire power set adds an incredibly dynamic factor to the point just because it worked on someone similar, does not mean it would work on the Hulk himself. The Hulk has a long line of history doing things that shouldn't been possible like grabbing energy for example, and resisting things that based on his power set should keep him down.

But based on the swords abiltiies and who it work on it quite safe to assume it stop his healing factor as well. It negates ones helaing factor, being anger would not matter, not to mention why would Daken let him get angrier and angerier? He jsut go right in for the kill. I akm not even saying Daken wins, but to assume the blade wont work is stretching. It working on some one who shares similar powers and blood, is pritty dam good indicator it work on Hulk.

I recall Skaar smelling his pheromones and Daken messing with his head, and stating that how can Skaar be sure that his pheromones aren't controlling him already, which just pissed him off I believe.
Yes scarr was able to detect them, but they still work on him all the same whcih was crealy evident......not sure how you could view it any other way.......

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why doesn't Daken's healing factor stop working when the murafag claws burst through his skin?

He has adamantium things in his arms to stop the claws from cutting him or some other bullshit.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Starscream M
because he has openings for them to come out, rather than them piercing his skin
Where was this stated?

So if he stabs himself, his healing factor will frizz up?

Battlehammer
He has adamantium things in his arms to stop the claws from cutting him or some other bullshit.
we get it you dont like Daken.

Battlehammer
Where was this stated?

So if he stabs himself, his healing factor will frizz up?

Yes which was stated on pannel..........

Kris Blaze
Yes which was stated on pannel..........
My money's on Hulk ripping off an arm and driving it up Daken's f@ggot ass.

TheKahn

The Tinkerer, who bonded the broken piece to Daken's claws, has also implanted artificial housings that act as sheathes inside Daken's wrists that are made of Adamantium.

Kris Blaze
The Tinkerer, who bonded the broken piece to Daken's claws, has also implanted artificial housings that act as sheathes inside Daken's wrists that are made of Adamantium.
They don't call him the tinkerer for nothing!

Battlehammer
assuming of course he catch the better fighter, quicker, more agile combatant who more tactically sound and has the ability to screw with his perception.......

So you have a problem with Homosexuals how wonderfully modern of you.

Starscream M

So you have a problem with Homosexuals how wonderfully modern of you. lmao

TheKahn

Possibly, but given his speed and agility I think it is at least possible Daken could attack the more vulnerable parts of the Hulk's body and eventually get a win.

Kris Blaze
assuming of course he catch the better fighter, quicker, more agile combatant who more tactically sound and has the ability to screw with his perception.......

So you have a problem with Homosexuals how wonderfully modern of you.
Hate 'em, I'm a super gay basher.

You can't use proper grammar, how wonderfully modern of you.

Battlehammer
Hate 'em, I'm a super gay basher.

You can't use proper grammar, how wonderfully modern of you.
Nice to know that bigots are still going strong. I gotta say I enjoy the honesty, it refreshing.

I know, it is great don't you think? Hows the whole blocking me thing going for you. Still going strong?

Rage.Of.Olympus
you said thanks for the confirmation.

That can be said about anyone in any given scenerio. To assume it wont is a strentch when it work with individuals with comparable abilities.

And I asked what the hell welx means? Welcome?

No it cannot. Comparable in what way? They have similar power sets in the sense that they are both gamma powered but in terms of physical abilities it's been shown that Scaar is definitely no Hulk. It's like me using Deadpool stunning Daken with a kick or whatever the hell it was as evidence that he can do the same to Wolverine.

Originally posted by Battlehammer I disagree, for starters Hulk shown to be effected by pressure point attacks things that wolverine seems immune to. He also has never displayed ehaling from a skeleton which wolverine done on several occassions. Hell Sabre-tooth has healed from being little pieces of flesh on the ground ect.

Depends on the character.

You best believe I think someone like Mantis can affect Wolverine with pressure points back in the day based on what she did to Thor and the rest of Avengers. Heck, she one shotted an Elder of the Universe and dropped Vision with those kind of attacks and his an android.

Professor Hulk did something very similar. He wasn't reduced completely to a skeleton but he was close and he healed in moments as well. Also a lot of the recent Wolverine skeleton healing feats were a result of his angel of death fight shtick as I understood it.

Never seen the Sabertooth incident.

Originally posted by Battlehammer But based on the swords abiltiies and who it work on it quite safe to assume it stop his healing factor as well. It negates ones helaing factor, being anger would not matter, not to mention why would Daken let him get angrier and angerier? He jsut go right in for the kill. I akm not even saying Daken wins, but to assume the blade wont work is stretching. It working on some one who shares similar powers and blood, is pritty dam good indicator it work on Hulk.

Again using Skaar as an indicator means shit. If we used Skaar as an indicator as to how Hulk would do against something physically then the Hulk gets stomped by the Juggernaut in a brawl easily which is clearly not the case. Physically speaking he has shown to simply not be in Hulk's league.

Seriously, Hulk's power set and dynamic factor means using indicators doesn't mean much. I've seen him heal from getting shrunk. Goom shrunk him to the size of a bug and Hulk's healing factor fueled by his anger allowed him to heal back to his normal size.

Originally posted by Battlehammer Yes scarr was able to detect them, but they still work on him all the same whcih was crealy evident......not sure how you could view it any other way.......

I remember it being vague about it. Post the scans if you want. I'll take your word for it though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
we get it you dont like Daken.

What the hell? I was simply answering his question. I like Daken more than I like Skaar. I still think both are a just a waste of characters though.

Marvel is just running out of ideas, and thought a Wolverine Jr. and a Hulk Jr. would be cool.

Kris Blaze
What the hell? I was simply answering his question. I like Daken more than I like Skaar. I still think both are a just a waste of characters though.

Marvel is just running out of ideas, and thought a Wolverine Jr. and a Hulk Jr. would be cool.
I hope this means that Daken scores a 0.2/10 on your character list, where Skaar is a 0.1/10.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I hope this means that Daken scores a 0.2/10 on your character list, where Skaar is a 0.1/10.

Giving them too much credit there.

TheKahn

I remember it being vague about it. Post the scans if you want. I'll take your word for it though.

Originally posted by SuperiorTech
http://thumbnails19.imagebam.com/6063/3f5b3660624575.gif http://thumbnails14.imagebam.com/6063/a41cb960624578.gif

Banner spoke about what happened between the two here.

Kris Blaze
Giving them too much credit there.
Correct answer.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^So....it was the pheromones in the bar that caused Skaar to revert? Cool. Did he also allow him to revert back into his Hulk like persona?

Eh, whatever. I really don't care. More proof that Skaar is no Hulk.

jalek moye

all of those minus the last bit pretty much describe half the people the hulk beats

TheKahn
all of those minus the last bit pretty much describe half the people the hulk beats

And that proves what? confused

Warlord
hulk breaks him

jalek moye
And that proves what? confused
that those don't make an automatic win against Hulk as it has been shown throughout his entire history.

TheKahn
that those don't make an automatic win against Hulk as it has been shown throughout his entire history.

I'm not saying it does. But Daken's speed and reflexes have been fairly impressive so far. He's fast enough, imo, to be able to get in close and use the Muramasa claws on Hulk while avoiding the Hulk's punches.

Master Court
If Wolverine can't, the runt sure as Hell can't. The Hulk's nailed Quicksilver before, and has caught speeding tank shells. We've been through this before. Movement speed is not the same as attack speed. Hulk can only run about a hundred miles an hour or something like that, but his punches are several hundreds of miles an hour. He's even nailed Spider-Man several times.

In every Wolverine vs Hulk fight, Wolverine takes at least one big heavy shot, and only survives because of the adamantium skeleton and high healing factor. Daken has neither. Just being fast and having one of those "ace of your sleeve" powers doesn't put you in the Hulkbuster league.

I see it like this, alright; the pheromones don't do sh*t, Daken gets in close for an attack, and Hulk rips Daken's arms off and f*cking punts him to Jersey.

Because when someone with Spider-Man's speed gets caught, and someone with Wolverine's HF gets hammered, a guy with less of both really doesn't stand a chance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.