Balder vs. Ares

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Balder the Brave takes on Ares (Marvel). Who wins?

TheKahn
God of war > god of hippies shifty

JakeTheBank
Would you say Ares takes it anywhere, including classic Asgard setting?

TheKahn
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Would you say Ares takes it anywhere, including classic Asgard setting?

no, not unless he has a few mistletoe bullets wink

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by TheKahn
no, not unless he has a few mistletoe bullets wink

Yeah, I doubt Ares would be able to kill him in Asgard, but do you think he could score a KO?

TheKahn
Yeah, I doubt Ares would be able to kill him in Asgard, but do you think he could score a KO?

Hard to say for sure but I'd at least assume it is possible.

JakeTheBank
Looks like they'll have a scuffle in issue #2 of Seige...

Kasper Gutman
Ares should win but it wouln't be easy. They're pretty close strength wise and Ares' firearms would only be good for a distraction. On panel Balder seems way more acrobatic in combat but that's a minor advantage. If it's axe versus sword I think Ares definately comes out on top but Balder's no slouch and it would be a long fight.

Sometimes it feels like Balder is just there to be rescued or to keep Thor from pulling off easy victories (see recent Doom fight). On the other hand, Ares gets his butt handed to him on a regular basis but maybe that's cause he often takes on much tougher opponents. Going with Ares, he has a minor to medium advantage with medievel type wepons but a massive advantage if it's hand to hand.

vansonbee
When comparing strength, Hercules & Thor is near each other.

Ares did fought or wrestle slightly against Hercules (in his book), while Balder & rest of the Asgardian aren't comparable to Thor at all.

Hope Ares kick Balder butt in #2

Kasper Gutman
Ares is strong enough to compete against Herc but Herc's still way stronger. Off the top of my head Balder's strength is what? 50 -75 tons maybe and Ares is like 80-100.

Q99
Balder's class 50, Ares class 70.

Kris Blaze
Balder's much, much faster by the looks of it. If his light powers still function, then Ares will go down 8/10. If not, Ares takes it 7/10.

quanchi112
Ares wins.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Balder's much, much faster by the looks of it. If his light powers still function, then Ares will go down 8/10. If not, Ares takes it 7/10.

I would like to see Balder use his light based powers soon, for one.

Battlehammer
Truthfully think Ares is really overrated. Balder should win this.

OneDumbG0
I would like to see Balder use his light based powers soon, for one. I think Balder's oft-forgotten light powers are cool too, but I don't think they'd be of much value here. Ares has been set on fire and catapulted into a horde of invading masses that were threatening to overthrow Olympus... and beat them.

celeyhyga17
ares wins unless balder uses some of his light based powers

Colossus-Big C
Ares wins. he killed far more people than balder can dream of

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Ares wins. he killed far more people than balder can dream of
Balder doesn't like to kill....

Battlehammer
why does having more kills mean he better?

also I say balder the more skilled and acrobatic of the two as well.

DarkOdin
Both Balder and Ares are very skilled in terms of armed combat too close to tell who is actually better.

Ares has the strength edge

Balder has the speed

I give it a draw between the to either one cal win both of them are smart and familiar with each to no the disadvantages and advantages the hold over one another

beast1234
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I think Balder's oft-forgotten light powers are cool too, but I don't think they'd be of much value here. Ares has been set on fire and catapulted into a horde of invading masses that were threatening to overthrow Olympus... and beat them.

Balder fought his way out of the underworld.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.