Molecule Man Vs Thor/ Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
I know this fight happened....i need the scans.

carver9
MM

Rage.Of.Olympus
Current Molecule Man loses.

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

What was wrong with current MM?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by carver9

Clearly not at his original levels. Hell, we don't know even know if his even a cosmic cube anymore in Bendis' run. Current Beyond is a mutant/inhuman for example and he and Molecule Man are extremely tied together in regards to origin.

carver9
Clearly not at his original levels. Hell, we don't know even know if his even a cosmic cube anymore in Bendis' run. Current Beyond is a mutant/inhuman for example and he and Molecule Man are extremely tied together in regards to origin.

But from what we seen of him he was still bending things at will. He admitted before the fight even happened with Sentry that he never felt molecules on the level of his, so him losing to Sentry doesnt mean that he is weaker than his other persona.

Everyone seen him as the major threat that he has always been and we have nothing proving that he was weaker than his other counterparts so him being weaker is basically just a guess unless you are basing it off of him losing to Sentry.

Rage.Of.Olympus
But from what we seen of him he was still bending things at will. He admitted before the fight even happened with Sentry that he never felt molecules on the level of his, so him losing to Sentry doesnt mean that he is weaker than his other persona.

Everyone seen him as the major threat that he has always been and we have nothing proving that he was weaker than his other counterparts so him being weaker is basically just a guess unless you are basing it off of him losing to Sentry.

He said he'd never felt molecules like Sentry's. Doesn't mean he never felt molecules on Sentry's level.

No not only the lose against Sentry. His potrayal since then. He was beaten by Aron a freaking Watcher. Since the retcon, the Molecule Man has been on a down ward spiral.

Seriously, Bendis' Molecule Man surviving a nuke is apparently in doubt.

Again, impressive feat for Sentry. That Molecule Man was clearly above Top Tier due to his molecular manipulation, but clearly not at his previous levels.

To be fair, I think I'll change my vote to Molecule Man winning since this is a forum fight and we use averages.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Since we are on the topic of Sentry and Molecule Man, here's some lip service from Beyonder back in the day on Thor...

"For here is a being a not unlike myself, blessed with great power...."

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsKurse5.jpg

stick out tongue

Xplosive

He wins.

Because loosing to Sentry.

Sentry also stomps this team.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Xplosive
He wins.

Like I said on average he would taking into account the characters. They'd fly in with Thor swinging his hammer, and Norrin flying like usual. Once Molecule Man destroys them, unlike Sentry they cannot reform from nothing. Of course their is also the possibility that Molecule Man folds because of his mind set.

I'm conflicted. Clearly either of team 2 have the power out put to put down this Molecule Man. Unfortunately Molecule Man control over molecules is strong enough that he could probably defeat either easily enough through it. I'll wait and see. Maybe Molecule Man control in his world is lacking even more than his power. Who knows.

Because loosing to Sentry.

Sentry also stomps this team.

Based on what? He beat Molecule Man. Big whoop. Molecule Man is far from the levels he was at. Heck, he was getting his ass whooped by Aron the Watcher long before this. Hell, according to Bendis' dialogue, it's doubtful whether this Molecule Man could survive a Nuke. A Nuke. Lulz...

People see the title Molecule Man, and immediately think Multiverse rocking entity. I doubt under Bendis if Beyonder is even capable of planet destruction. Seriously he retconned him into a Mutant/Inhuman.

On top of it all, if one instance immediately decides where every character is placed at, then Thor is at least Abstract level if not higher, Loki is a multiversal entity etc.

JakeTheBank
Do MM's powers give him a form of telepathy or precognition?

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Not that I know off. He can manipulate peoples minds and make them see what he wants through molecule manipulation so in that sense yes. Plain thought reading though I haven't see from him. Could be wrong though.

JakeTheBank
From what I can gather, and from what I have read, MM's powers are described as being no more taxing than arithmatic equations, which if accurate, would translate into the speed of thought, right? If this is indeed the case (doubtful), then by all rights, Thor/Surfer should be able to wreck him as both of them can travel in excess of the speed of thought. Not to mention Molecule Man has no durability to speak of as evidenced by Blake punching the holy hell out of him.

carver9
Since we are on the topic of Sentry and Molecule Man, here's some lip service from Beyonder back in the day on Thor...

"For here is a being a not unlike myself, blessed with great power...."

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsKurse5.jpg

stick out tongue

Thor is a beast.

Xplosive
Based on what? He beat Molecule Man. Big whoop. Molecule Man is far from the levels he was at. Heck, he was getting his ass whooped by Aron the Watcher long before this. Hell, according to Bendis' dialogue, it's doubtful whether this Molecule Man could survive a Nuke. A Nuke. Lulz...

Watcher is the real deal. Although Molecule Man is more powerful, sometimes it happens.
And with Sentry; he did it easily. Thor and Silver Surfer have no way of defeating or putting down Sentry. Sentry stomps them.
It seems there wasn't said for nothing Sentry stalemated Galactus. Only problem was that he didn't know how. Now, he knows.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
From what I can gather, and from what I have read, MM's powers are described as being no more taxing than arithmatic equations, which if accurate, would translate into the speed of thought, right? If this is indeed the case (doubtful), then by all rights, Thor/Surfer should be able to wreck him as both of them can travel in excess of the speed of thought. Not to mention Molecule Man has no durability to speak of as evidenced by Blake punching the holy hell out of him.

During Secret Wars such a tactic would not have worked. After he removed his set limits, he could just reform himself from nothing. Of course on a board even if he can reform, after a certain time it would count as a win, but he should be able to reform instantly. Molecule Man during that period also had durability far beyond anyone besides Beyonder if he wanted.

Before Secret Wars such a tactic should have worked just fine. I can see such a tactic working now as well.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Watcher is the real deal. Although Molecule Man is more powerful, sometimes it happens.
And with Sentry; he did it easily. Thor and Silver Surfer have no way of defeating or putting down Sentry. Sentry stomps them.
It seems there wasn't said for nothing Sentry stalemated Galactus. Only problem was that he didn't know how. Now, he knows.

Again it's pretty clear Molecule Man is nothing close to his original levels.

Physically they cannot do anything to him, as he can reform. Fortunately someone like Thor can go beyond the physical. Sentry hasn't shown any resistance to something like say having your soul/life force drained as far as I know.

He wouldn't.

Thor actually beat Galactus.

JakeTheBank
Stalemating Galactus sounds dubious at best, especially coming from a such a source of cosmic entities like Spider-Man. Hell, Reed stalemated/beat Galactus if you want to be technical.

Xplosive
Again it's pretty clear Molecule Man is nothing close to his original levels.

MM is much more powerful than Thor and SS that he doesn't need to be at originals levels to defeat those two.

We don't know if that would work on Sentry (probably wouldn't as seeing how powerful Sentry is revealing to be). And we can say Sentry may only need a look to kill Thor or SS.

rotiart

supposedly a mutant inhuman...

during illuminati, xavier was the one that believe beyonder was a mutant inhuman... beyonder acted the part when the illuminati faced him...

but throughout the entire issue:when black bolt was asked which inhuman could have become the beyonder... he tells xavier that he can't remember a single inhuman that did or could have become the beyonder...

Rage.Of.Olympus
MM is much more powerful than Thor and SS that he doesn't need to be at originals levels to defeat those two.

He doesn't have to be to defeat them, but the gap between him and the two has to be large enough that he can defeat them swiftly and easily. Heck, taking into account common knowledge, I don't see why a speed blitz can't happen from the get go. They both know how powerful Molecule Man is.

And the gap being that large is doubtful at this point. Taking into account his recent showing. Is "Marvel: Eye of the Camera" cannon? I'm pretty sure it is and based on it, Molecule Man isn't even as powerful as Silver Surfer.

We don't know if that would work on Sentry (probably wouldn't as seeing how powerful Sentry is revealing to be). And we can say Sentry may only need a look to kill Thor or SS.

I don't see why it shouldn't. There isn't any evidence that whatever he has for a life force or soul cannot be removed.

Seriously doubt it. If that was the case, World War Hulk and the Blue Marvel fight would have ended a lot quicker.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by rotiart

during illuminati, xavier was the one that believe beyonder was a mutant inhuman... beyonder acted the part when the illuminati faced him...

but throughout the entire issue:when black bolt was asked which inhuman could have become the beyonder... he tells xavier that he can't remember a single inhuman that did or could have become the beyonder...

Who says he acted the part?

The moment Black Bolt showed up, he went down on one knee and acted as he would facing his king.

Black Bolt didn't remember the incident but clearly the Beyonder did.

Also wasn't this Black Bolt the Skrull Black Bolt? If so, it just might be the limited knowledge of the Skrull. Although I'm not sure, with the time line and all.

id369
Originally posted by rotiart

Then again, they where asking the wrong Black Bolt. Since an usurper Skrull by then had taken over Black Bolts identity and position.

Xplosive
Seriously doubt it. If that was the case, World War Hulk and the Blue Marvel fight would have ended a lot quicker.

Sentry is revealing to be much more. I admit we have to wait. As far as we know in his next fight he may not even be so powerful, but maybe MM is truly much much weaker. Still, Sentry couldn't have killed him any easier.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Sentry is revealing to be much more. I admit we have to wait. As far as we know in his next fight he may not even be so powerful, but maybe MM is truly much much weaker. Still, Sentry couldn't have killed him any easier.

It's clearly a showing of great power. Above Top Tier obviously, but to use it as evidence that he'd stomp Thor or Silver Surfer much less together is pretty damn ridiculous.

I think Sentry's lack of feats recently, means that whenever he does anything impressive fans just gobble it up. If you had Thor do that to Molecule Man, I'd be impressed but in no way does that mean I'll go around saying his stomping Surfer and Superman at the same time effortlessly.

I never understood why people had problems with Sentry's lower showings. His entire power set is based off his mental state. Honestly if Sentry is revealed to be some cosmic entity, I'd have no problem. Based on all the lip service and how he was written in his original mini, I'd be fine with it. It's just going to take more than this one instance to put him above even beings like Thor or Surfer. It could be the beginning that leads up to such a revelation. I doubt it, but it is possible.

Blanket
lol, I forgot about when Aron stomped MM... and then got beaten by Uatu.

rotiart
I thought that besides powers they had implaneted the brainwaves and memories into the skrull imposters also

Warlord
Molecule Man.

Unlike Sentry none of the two can come back after Owen scater their molecules around the world

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by id369
Then again, they where asking the wrong Black Bolt. Since an usurper Skrull by then had taken over Black Bolts identity and position.

There was indeed something fishy there. The back story panels were showing BB there when the discovered the Inhuman that became Beyonder, when he was changed and when he was sent packing. Then, when when of them asked if BB remembered which Inhuman became the Beyonder, BB didn't know.

As for this thread, MM still wins. His loss to Sentry had more to do with this little world Sentry has control over and the fact that Owen went off the deep end than Owen being depowered or retconned again.

Lord Feron
Whatever... MM should stomp. Sentry being nothing like anything ever seen before by MM as far as molecular makeup is not a advantage that Thor or SS have.

Slaanesh
MM FTW

xJLxKing
Didn't MM have a hard time surviving a nuke? In DA 12, it was questioned if he can survive it

Warlord
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Didn't MM have a hard time surviving a nuke? In DA 12, it was questioned if he can survive it

questioned?
not by him. By Victoria Hand.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Warlord
questioned?
not by him. By Victoria Hand.
Yup, and what happened when they shot at him with that Jet? He showed a crazy reaction to it. Unless of course, it was from Sentry

Warlord
Yup, and what happened when they shot at him with that Jet? He showed a crazy reaction to it. Unless of course, it was from Sentry

he showed what exactly?

bbrem123

he was pissed they lied..nothing more...hence the YOU LIARS...i dont understand where u got this crazy assumption from

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Warlord
he showed what exactly? Getting hurt. Unless it was from Sentry

Warlord
Getting hurt. Unless it was from Sentry

if we are talking about the instance when he said "what are you doing" or something like this to Victoria Hand, then yeah it was from the Sentry

kgkg
lol MM wins with ease.

In fact a mentally unstable MM already beat these two.

Blanket
Originally posted by kgkg
lol MM wins with ease.

In fact a mentally unstable MM already beat these two. Wasn't that when Captain America knocked Molecule Man out?

Warlord
so what?
Cap is tailor made to school above highfather level beings...those guys aren't...smile

Philosophía
Originally posted by kgkg
MM wins with ease.
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.