Colossus & Ares (M) V.S. Namor & Warpath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Feron
Namor Is fresh out of the water!

Warpath and Ares get Admantium versions of their standard Equip.

They fight in a swamp

Rage.Of.Olympus
Namor solos rather convincingly. A younger weaker Namor was beating the utter shit out of Ares and Wonder Man at the same time. This team will fair only worse.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Namor solos rather convincingly. A younger weaker Namor was beating the utter shit out of Ares and Wonder Man at the same time. This team will fair only worse.

what! really.... hmmm sad

Warlord

what? when?

StiltmanFTW
Avengers/Invaders... the same issue in which he made Sentry bleed with a single punch big grin

Warlord
something WWH needed 3 punches to acomplish....hmmm I see.
anyway I've always thaought NAmor was on par with classic wonderman.
as for this fight team two gets a slight majority

redhotrash
Namor drowns Ares while Warpath keeps Colossus busy.

The Nuul
It will come down to Colossus V.S. Namor.

KingD19
Yeah, and Colossus will get some good shots in, but Namor will win ultimately.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Warlord
something WWH needed 3 punches to acomplish....hmmm I see.
anyway I've always thaought NAmor was on par with classic wonderman.
as for this fight team two gets a slight majority

smile

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2135/74370810.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Colossus would do as well against Namor as he would against Hercules or an enraged Savage Hulk. Which wouldn't be very well at all.

KingD19
He did pretty well against an enraged Savage Hulk as a teenager, he did pretty well against WWH as well. He lost the 1st battle to BFR(And was unhurt), and Hulk overpowered him in the 2nd. You're kinda downplaying him.

namorsubby
team two.......idk if namor could solo, but IMO namor>colossus, and ares wouldn't really be much help(considering his history with namor.lol)

KingD19
Yeah, Namor is tougher, but Warpath is the weak link here, he's easily taken out by either Colossus or Ares, and if they team up on Namor, they have a chance. If it comes down to Big C against McKenzie, then Namor wins more often than not after a hard fought battle.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
smile

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2135/74370810.jpg Sentry was working him in Exodus.

jalek moye
Why would Warpath need adamantium, his normal knives can cut both of them.

KingD19
Ares' Axe is already Adamantine, and Warpath's knives are already Vibranium.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by KingD19
He did pretty well against an enraged Savage Hulk as a teenager, he did pretty well against WWH as well. He lost the 1st battle to BFR(And was unhurt), and Hulk overpowered him in the 2nd. You're kinda downplaying him.

Eh? Colossus was wrecked against Savage Hulk in a brawl and was put down swiftly.

Then after being attacked and burned by Lockhead, a hurt Savage Hulk that was calm (His base was even lower back then as I recall.), Colossus came in and temporarily knocked him out or stunned him. Then Hulk got right back up...

I think it was made pretty damn clear as I recall, that if they got into a fist fight, the moment Hulk get's angry, he wrecks him.

What do you mean unhurt? He was knocked out.

Pretty well? Colossus was pretty much wrecked the moment Green Scar focused his attention on him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I really don't see what's the problem with making a decision here.

If Namor already shit stomped Ares and Wonder Man at the SAME time, what's there to talk about?

Battlehammer
when did alternate reality characters become usable evidence? also Wonderman and Ares were utter jokes on the lighty avenger and is ahrldya depiction of how Colossus would fair.

Battlehammer

If Namor already shit stomped Ares and Wonder Man at the SAME time, what's there to talk about?

Mean very little when they were depicted as jokes.........and it was an alternate reality character.........

KingD19
Colossus wasn't knocked out, Hulk BFR'd him by punching him a fair distance, then he hopped away. Colossus got up right after he hit the ground, and was wondering if it was wrong of him to just attack Hulk like that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Nah, pretty sure Colossus was shown to be layed out. Heck, Hulk was on top of him ready to pound him. Kitty had to resort to phasing him, and her pet dragon attacked the Hulk. That was at least a temporary knock out.

Originally posted by Battlehammer
when did alternate reality characters become usable evidence? also Wonderman and Ares were utter jokes on the lighty avenger and is ahrldya depiction of how Colossus would fair.

Eh? How were those alternate reality characters? Was there a big reveal I missed? I didn't read the last issue so that's a possibility, but I'm pretty sure that those were simply time displaced versions of the current characters. And that time displaced Namor was shown as inferior to current Namor. So either way, a pretty good gauge that if current Namor fought those two, he'd stomp them even harder.

I swear to god, the last dozen times I've talked with you (I mean different topics.), you're response has always been it's not right, it's dumb etc.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Mean very little when they were depicted as jokes.........and it was an alternate reality character.........

That's they would be jokes to someone as tough as Namor.

Nah, pretty sure it was 616 displaced younger versions.

Battlehammer

Eh? How were those alternate reality characters? Was there a big reveal I missed? I didn't read the last issue so that's a possibility, but I'm pretty sure that those were simply time displaced versions of the current characters. And that time displaced Namor was shown as inferior to current Namor. So either way, a pretty good gauge that if current Namor fought those two, he'd stomp them even harder.

I swear to god, the last dozen times I've talked with you (I mean different topics.), you're response has always been it's not right, it's dumb etc.
Namor was alternate reality character. He was not 616 Namor at all.

When did he show he was inferior to 616 Namor? Not at all nor is it even usable evidence.

lol could say similar things about you.

JakeTheBank
You guys talking about Avengers/Invaders? IIRC, Namor of the present day schooled his younger counterpart...

Battlehammer
That's they would be jokes to someone as tough as Namor.

Nah, pretty sure it was 616 displaced younger versions.

No they were straight up jokes through out the mighty avenegers.......there best feats were beating on some shitty iron man suits which Black Widow was destroyign with guns.........

You be wrong to think that. If it was it would have alter 616 universe espcially what capt said to bucky. They were not 616 reality characters that is something you came up with all your own.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
You guys talking about Avengers/Invaders? IIRC, Namor of the present day schooled his younger counterpart...
when? The only fight I recall was under water what younger namor one shotted him (though it was implied 616 faked it)

Rage.Of.Olympus
Namor was alternate reality character. He was not 616 Namor at all.

When did he show he was inferior to 616 Namor? Not at all nor is it even usable evidence.

lol could say similar things about you.

Where does it say that? It was made pretty clear that they were time displaced versions of the 616 multiple times.

When Namor treated him like a joke. He even lost to him on purpose as I recall.

Really? Huh.

Well, it's 4:00 am in Toronto. I'm off. I'll continue our conversation of Omega Red getting WTFSHITSTOMPEDZZZ by Namor later. laughing out loud

Battlehammer
Where does it say that? It was made pretty clear that they were time displaced versions of the 616 multiple times.

When Namor treated him like a joke. He even lost to him on purpose as I recall.

Really? Huh.

Well, it's 4:00 am in Toronto. I'm off. I'll continue our conversation of Omega Red getting WTFSHITSTOMPEDZZZ by Namor later. laughing out loud
No it dident. It never stated they were 616 versions. It would have alter there entire reality. It was no more 616 then AOA. Espcially given what Capt told Bucky which would have drasticly alter there current time. Hell that entire event would have drasticly alter the 616 universe.

Namor never treated him like a joke nor showed any superiority. All he did was pretend to be hurt more then he was.....that hardly makes him>>>>younger one. Not to mention younger oen seem to fair better against sentry then 616 did recently.

I rather not have thatd ebate with you is utterly pointless.

have a good one, I wont be answering back in that thread so say what you wish.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Sentry was working him in Exodus.

Void-possessed Sentry.

namorsubby
when did alternate reality characters become usable evidence? also Wonderman and Ares were utter jokes on the lighty avenger and is ahrldya depiction of how Colossus would fair. it was still 616 namor in a canon story, so what's your point?

snoopdogg

If Namor already shit stomped Ares and Wonder Man at the SAME time, what's there to talk about? What issue was this?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Void-possessed Sentry. Does that amp his powers somehow?

KingD19
Doesn't really amp them, he just doesn't hold back like he usually does.

snoopdogg
Doesn't really amp them, he just doesn't hold back like he usually does. I see. So my theory stands that Namor is not in the top tier league, he's barely above big C.

KingD19
He varies, and it's hard to tell where Sentry's strength is whether he's Void amped or not.

namorsubby
I see. So my theory stands that Namor is not in the top tier league, he's barely above big C. sentry turning into the void doesn't amp him?

are you guys serious?

namorsubby
What issue was this? avengers/invaders #2........and it is canon

snoopdogg
Originally posted by namorsubby
sentry turning into the void doesn't amp him?

are you guys serious? I don't know. I was asking.

namorsubby
oh.........well, yeah, it definitely makes a difference. embarrasment

snoopdogg
I think it makes sense that he don't hold back. Where is it specified that it amps him?

namorsubby
it just that sentry is always displayed at a higher level while under the void's control........it's rare for a comic to specifically state so, at least i think so

snoopdogg
I think it's just the Void using full power.

Hey, does Spifire appear in those Avengers/Invaders issues?

namorsubby
no......only in a flashback in the first issue.......well, it was less like a flashback, since they were actually going into the future(our present), but yeah

KingD19
Void Controlled Sentry going all out> Regular dumbass Sentry

namorsubby
that was actually a pretty good shiwing for namor.

the void didn't KO him, and he seemed unharmed when he flew off.......he was standing and everything, even after a brutal barrage from void-controlled sentry.

i think it's safe to say void sentry would make short work of both ares and colossus

snoopdogg
that was actually a pretty good shiwing for namor.

the void didn't KO him, and he seemed unharmed when he flew off.......he was standing and everything, even after a brutal barrage from void-controlled sentry.

i think it's safe to say void sentry would make short work of both ares and colossus He was standing. But we don't know what his face looked like do we from that distance?

namorsubby
if the writers wanted to emphasize that namor took a beating, then i'm guessing they probably would've shown him battered.

still though, all that pwnage and no KO whatsoever, and still on his feet,perhaps unharmed.....from void controlled sentry? that's a great feat for namor me thinks

snoopdogg
if the writers wanted to emphasize that namor took a beating, then i'm guessing they probably would've shown him battered.

still though, all that pwnage and no KO whatsoever, and still on his feet,perhaps unharmed.....from void controlled sentry? that's a great feat for namor me thinks Staying concious was immpressive I guess. But he was getting worked.

namorsubby
IMO the only downside for namor in this fight is that he couldn't seem to deter or harm sentry, but he took all his lumps in true tough guy fashion.....especially from a void controlled sentry who seems to be going at it pretty darn hard.

snoopdogg
Lucky for Namor though he left the battlefield.

namorsubby
i suppose......but it's all just speculation after the fact shifty whistle

StiltmanFTW
Void Controlled Sentry going all out> Regular dumbass Sentry

thumb up

Colossus-Big C
Ares kills warpath while colossus keeps namor busy than its two on 1.
team can win in a long fight or colossus can bfr

OneDumbG0
^ I don't think it's safe to assume Colossus can keep namor busy. If anything, Colossus will have a hell of a time accomplishing that. Switching that around would be better concerning Namor. But then... Warpath still has his vibranium knives against Colossus' hide, right?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ I don't think it's safe to assume Colossus can keep namor busy. If anything, Colossus will have a hell of a time accomplishing that. Switching that around would be better concerning Namor. But then... Warpath still has his vibranium knives against Colossus' hide, right? colossus has broken vibranium. also colossus durabilty woul allow him to hang with namor

OneDumbG0
^ The reason for bringing up Warpath's knives is that Warpath can pierce Colossus. Colossus being able to break vibranium doesn't really change that proposition. And in all fairness, Namor would man-handle Colossus. Yes, he is the X-Men's all-purpose brick character and perenially pitted against other "strong-men," but he isn't in Namor's class.

Colossus-Big C
^ The reason for bringing up Warpath's knives is that Warpath can pierce Colossus. Colossus being able to break vibranium doesn't really change that proposition. And in all fairness, Namor would man-handle Colossus. Yes, he is the X-Men's all-purpose brick character and perenially pitted against other "strong-men," but he isn't in Namor's class. yes but his duribility can hold up. he has taken puches from the likes of juggernaut gladiator and hyperion and his durability held up.

OneDumbG0
^ I guess my point is: surviving Namor is one thing, containing him is something wholly different.

KingD19
That's the point he was making, Colossus can hang with him because he can take his punches, not because his own punches will be knocking him silly.

And I doubt current Warpath is strong enough to put enough force behind his knives to pierce or cut Colossus. However, once Ares kills him, he'll toss Colossus the knives, and now Namor gets shredded.

Is it just me, or has anyone noticed Ares getting a massive boost lately? The guy just took out X-Men, and walked through time.

OneDumbG0
^ But he ain't containing him. Which is what he's suggesting Colossus will do. Because while Colossus may be able to survive a beating, he's not likely to prevent Namor from interceding in Ares' fight with Warpath or force Namor to focus on him.

You don't necessarily need strength behind vibranium when it comes to metal. Just like people don't need enough strength to brace up vibranium when it absorbs impact. And its very nature screws up metals IIRC.

He's a god of war. Getting his butt kicked by Thor isn't a low feat. For whatever reason, people keep holding that against him.

KingD19
Actually, there are 2 types of Vibranium, Wakandan Vibranium, which is the standard stuff, and what's in Panther's suit/Cap's shield. And then you have Savage Land Vibranium, AKA Anti-Metal. That stuff is in Panther's claws. Warpath has regular Vibranium, so he will need force to cut/slash Colossus.

And I'm not holding anything against Ares, it's just he's been doing some stuff that's past what his limit used to be. Like when Gateway's student joined the Secret Warriors. Turns out the guy uses some type of quantum teleportation field. Ares ripped through it and followed him.

And Colossus might not hold off Namor long, but Namor's arrogance will lead to him beating on Colossus and enjoying it, and while Ares kills Warpath, then it's 2 on 1.

OneDumbG0
^ So then what is the special purpose behind the vibranium nature of Warpath's knives?

He's a god. None of this surprises me. Divorcing him from "getting beat on by Thor," I don't think you would be that surprised either.

Namor is arrogant. But he wouldn't let his teammate down. And frankly, Ares's and Namor's mutual arrogance would lead them to fight each other more. So IMHO, Colossus holding Namor is a non-factor.

KingD19
True, the lord of the seas against the god of war would be more likely.

There is no special purpose behind the Vibranium, it's just with Warpath's strength and skill in Apache Knife Fighting, they're a good match for him. But at the moment he's like Class 25 tops. Before he got killed, Caliban was lifting rubble that Warpath was visibly struggling with.

OneDumbG0
^ Pretty sure there's a point behind the vibranium nature of the knives. And I think that it specifically has to do with its ability to cut anything.

Lord Feron
Hey my thread is still going!!

carver9
Warpath is stronger than class 25.

Colossus-Big C
also ares standard weapons are adamantine which is godly enhanced adamantium so you just made his weapons weaker

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
also ares standard weapons are adamantine which is godly enhanced adamantium so you just made his weapons weaker

You live be cause I allow it!! mad

carver9
There is no such thing as godly enhanced adamantium and by the way, colossus should be able to take namor and he should be able to take ares also.

He's more durable, just as fast (if not, faster), possibly stronger than both. The only advantage is namor can fly.

Colossus should be able to wreck Namor imo.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by carver9
There is no such thing as godly enhanced adamantium and by the way, colossus should be able to take namor and he should be able to take ares also.

He's more durable, just as fast (if not, faster), possibly stronger than both. The only advantage is namor can fly.

Colossus should be able to wreck Namor imo. namor is stronger he would overpower colossus

carver9
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
namor is stronger he would overpower colossus

And this is where we disagree. I consider colossus to be stronger.

redhotrash
Colossus is stronger than Namor, but Namor would beat him 8/10 or more. Also is Warpath really on the same level as these guys? (even the jobber Ares we've had for the last 2 years or so)

snoopdogg
And this is where we disagree. I consider colossus to be stronger. So do I.

KingD19
Warpath has climbed metal walls with his knives, and they haven't melted the metal, which is what anti-metal vibranium does. So far, they're just really sharp and durable, and he uses them to throw and in knife fighting.

OneDumbG0
^ I understand that they're not the metal-dissolving Antarctic vibranium as they were given to him by Storm IIRC. Hence, it's Wakandan vibranium. But what purpose does it serve as an edged weapon? Anyone have that issue where Storm gave them to him?Originally posted by redhotrash
Colossus is stronger than Namor, but Namor would beat him 8/10 or more. Also is Warpath really on the same level as these guys? (even the jobber Ares we've had for the last 2 years or so) I believe Namor is stronger than Colossus.

KingD19
Don't have the scan, but it's basically that with Warpath being part of X-Force, he needs to be lethal, and if he can't be someone to death, maybe he can cut them to death with his nearly indestructible knives that absorb any energy directed at them. Plus, you get an indestructible blade with Class 25+ strength behind it, there's not much that you can't cut.

OneDumbG0
^ So he uses them to absorb energy attacks?

Well, if we're not arguing over whether he can cut Colossus, then there isn't much reason to go back and forth on it, I guess.

Though, if anybody has scans of when Storm gave them to Warpath, that'd be great.

KingD19
Yeah, no point in going back and forth, but I was talking about vibranium in general and it's absorbing capabilities.

StiltmanFTW
What is his best feat with those knives? Aside from stabbing WWH I mean.

KingD19
I think he's had some pretty nice speed/accuracy feats with them.

carver9
^ I understand that they're not the metal-dissolving Antarctic vibranium as they were given to him by Storm IIRC. Hence, it's Wakandan vibranium. But what purpose does it serve as an edged weapon? Anyone have that issue where Storm gave them to him?I believe Namor is stronger than Colossus.

Naah, Colossus is stronger. Namor strength depends on water, he CAN be a hundred tonner but without his wet suit, he's below that range. He's a good fighter, I give him that but his strength isnt higher than colossus and neither is his durability. The only edge namor has over colossus is flight and he rarely use that during combat.

OneDumbG0
^ Namor is not below a 100-tonner outside of water. Neither is his durability lesser.

namorsubby
^ Namor is not below a 100-tonner outside of water. Neither is his durability lesser. co-signed.

namor will definitely be compensating for warpath's shortcomings here.........i really hope ares stays far away from him too, who knows what'll he'll do to him this time.

KingD19
Namor actually does get below Cl 100 out of water, just takes a bit of time.

carver9
^ Namor is not below a 100-tonner outside of water. Neither is his durability lesser.

Actually he is. He falls within the 90 ton range. Look at his fight with Spiderman on that ship.

carver9
Warpath is underrated.

KingD19
Not now, his strength was drastically lower after he got his powers back, they comment on it multiple times.

OneDumbG0
Namor actually does get below Cl 100 out of water, just takes a bit of time. So this thread assumes that Namor is dehydrated because he is out of the water for an extended period of time?

carver9
So this thread assumes that Namor is dehydrated because he is out of the water for an extended period of time?

What feats are you using besides him punching people that makes you think he is stronger than Colossus?

carver9
Not now, his strength was drastically lower after he got his powers back, they comment on it multiple times.

Who?

OneDumbG0
What feats are you using besides him punching people that makes you think he is stronger than Colossus? Who said that I was using only punching feats? Second, prove to me that Colossus is stronger than Namor on land.

KingD19
So this thread assumes that Namor is dehydrated because he is out of the water for an extended period of time?

I didn't mean that, I was just saying that Namor will eventually go down under Class 100 if he's out of water, but it doesn't happen instantly.

And Carver, I was talking about Warpath, they reduced his strength/durability a lot, so he's not underrated, he's where he needs to be.

jalek moye
^ I understand that they're not the metal-dissolving Antarctic vibranium as they were given to him by Storm IIRC. Hence, it's Wakandan vibranium. But what purpose does it serve as an edged weapon?

I know one stabbed right through Diamond form Emma frost, so it seems to make useful blades.

OneDumbG0
^ Was the penetration attributable to the knives or Warpath's strength?

Disclaimer: No dirty jokes.

KingD19
^ I think it was a combination of both.

OneDumbG0
^ Well... how much can be attributed to the vibranium nature of the knives and how much can be attributed to Warpath's strength is the point of our discourse.

jalek moye
^ Was the penetration attributable to the knives or Warpath's strength?

Disclaimer: No dirty jokes.

He didn't stab her, a purifier woman did. So i assume its the vibranium

namorsubby
Actually he is. He falls within the 90 ton range. Look at his fight with Spiderman on that ship. in feats he's stronger and more durable than colossus

Colossus-Big C
in feats he's stronger and more durable than colossus no. because when they was blasted by beyonders powers. namor died colossus didnt wink

OneDumbG0
^ Namor wasn't in Secret Wars. Also... Colossus did die IIRC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.