Dead Space 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Article

Was announced on Game Informer's magazine.

Impediment
It's confirmed.

Here's to hoping for more than a 7 hour storyline and including some MP action.

Smasandian
I remember it taking me longer...oh well.

I really liked the first one so I'll just rent it this time. I bought it last time but I traded it in.

Impediment
Personally, I loved Dead Space. I truly hated, however, it's short time frame and lack of MP.

Nemesis X
The game didn't feel short. So I guess the Necromorph Nicole was an illusion since a lot of fans believed Isaac was dead if the Necromorph was real.

Peach
Merged threads stick out tongue

Impediment
Sorry, babe. doh

Neo Darkhalen
I thoroughly enjoyed the original dead space, It wasn't scary (at least not to me) not by a long shot, but I did enjoy what it had to offer.

Kazenji
Trailer

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=15027

FinalAnswer
Looks super

That ACDC Chick
cant wait to see what happened to Issac yes

dadudemon
Here's the trailer available in delicious 1080p glory!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYIFoWNtUf8

Watch it on youtube, in 1080p, if your computer can handle it.

If not, just watch it here:

pYIFoWNtUf8

Impediment
I'm wondering what the multi-player mode will be like.

It would be nice if DS 2 had challenge rooms like GOW III does.

I read in DS 2, also, that Isaac will speak this go around. Half of me is happy, but the other half is kinda ify, since Isaac's silent persona seemed to work so well in the first Dead Space game. In my opinion, it'd be like Link actually speaking in the Legend of Zelda games: very out of character.

Kazenji
Dead Space Ignition- Prequel to Dead Space 2 will be released on xbox live

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/videogames/916

Nemesis X
The mutiplayer mode has been mentioned:
http://g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/63061/dead-space-2/articles/72127/Dead-Space-2-Multiplayer-Impressions/

I think I'll join team Necromorph first when I get Dead Space 2.

Phanteros
DA246Lz8oFA bits multiplayer vids.

RE: Blaxican
The multiplayer kind of reminds me of Chaos Theory's MP.

Which was dope.

Kazenji
So i notice Dead Space: Ignition is out this week for 400 points.

Kazenji
Checked out some of the screens its like a comic with hacking games.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
The multiplayer kind of reminds me of Chaos Theory's MP.

Which was dope.

I wish Splinter Cell never left away from that type of multiplayer mode.

Kazenji
New Trailer entitled "Emergency"

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=17455

Looks pretty generic.

Much to Kazenji's disagreement.

Kazenji
So what people are'nt allowed to have opinions on this forum when your around?

Yes, exactly. That is exactly what I said.

Kazenji
Nevermind........go ahead and be a smartass as you usually do.

Impediment
I can't wait for this game!

Nemesis X
Gonna get the PS3 version since for some reason, EA made the pre-order bonus exclusive to that and not for the 360 version. I wonder why.

Kazenji
6_SEuXWgYZs

Impediment
Well, I downloaded the demo and it blew me away. I'm really digging the free movement in zero gravity.

Impediment
Whoops.

Double post.

The curbstomp in this game is ****ing brutal. laughing out loud

Kazenji
Dead Space Save Unlocks Old Skool Plasma Cutter For The Sequel

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-7205-Dead-Space-Save-Unlocks-Old-Skool-Plasma-Cutter-For-The-Sequel-.html

Impediment
I played the demo again. I dunno why, but I am having a really hard time tring to adjust to the fact that Isaac talks in this second game. The mute role that Isaac had in the first game just worked really well, for some reason that I cannot name. Maybe because it felt almost like Link from The Legend of Zelda series.

Still, I am VERY pumped for this game. This will be one of those games that I will buy on the release date for sure. Most of the time, I never buy games new/on the release date, rather I wait for a month or so until I can find a used copy or one with a reduced price. GameStop is really tricky about cutting back prices at different intervals. Then again, so are many other stores.

Nemesis X
I must admit, I did jump when I experienced one of Isaac's hallucinations right when I walked into the hallway full of frozen bodies and the Necromorph jumping into the elevator while it was taking me to the top floor surprised the heck outta me because that didn't happen in the demo when it was first shown at E3.

Kazenji
Theres already a review for this

9/10 Official Xbox UK Magazine.

General_Iroh
Meh, might try this one, I'm in the minority of people that didn't like the first one, the plot was interesting, but I didn't care much for the atmosphere or gameplay, it got a few cheap scares at the beginning but after about a half hour or so it just bored me. erm

Impediment
What I'm curious about is the online content. I remember how cheesy, yet fun, the multiplayer for "The Darkness" was when you can play as either a Darkling or a mafia hitman. I'm hoping that the multiplayer on Dead Space 2 will offer somewhat more of a thrill and challenge.

Most importantly, I'll be very put out if the sequel takes a mere 9 hours to complete like the first Dead Space.

I mean, Dead Space is an awesome game, but only 9 hours long? C'mon!

Nemesis X
IqhCSS0XUuM

"No one pukes on me." thumb up

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Gonna get the PS3 version since for some reason, EA made the pre-order bonus exclusive to that and not for the 360 version. I wonder why.

I'm just gonna go respond to this, it's probably because of the Playstation Move, considering the exclusive was made for the Wii.

Impediment
aO0uGaZbajI

I like what I see, but have one question:

How the Hell can you play effectively as a Necromorph against the humans with guns?

General_Iroh
Originally posted by Impediment
aO0uGaZbajI

I like what I see, but have one question:

How the Hell can you play effectively as a Necromorph against the humans with guns?
Sneak attack?

Nemesis X

The same way people can play effectively as a Special Infected against the humans with guns in the Left 4 Dead games. Just make sure you or someone in the team is good at making strategies and also make sure that neither of your teammates will dick around, thinking they're uber.

LLLLLink
God, I wish that I wasn't going to be in college so I can play this...
Just gotta think about the money and try to forget about it. sad

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The same way people can play effectively as a Special Infected against the humans with guns in the Left 4 Dead games. Just make sure you or someone in the team is good at making strategies and also make sure that neither of your teammates will dick around, thinking they're uber.

Except there are hordes of zombies running around as well. For Dead Space there isn't a horde of necromorphs to distract them.

Nemesis X
Scaring elderly women EA? Now that's just warped......but still hilarious.

gMaWuvHbhB8

I would just like to say that everything a mother hates, we love!

Phanteros
Typical parent is typical

That's a mother? Something breeded with that?

XanatosForever
Originally posted by SpadeKing
Except there are hordes of zombies running around as well. For Dead Space there isn't a horde of necromorphs to distract them.

There might not be a horde compared to Left 4 Dead, but the NPC Slashers will more than likely be used as diversionary targets.

Impediment
I probably won't be getting this until next week. Damn shame, really. I really, really want to get this as soon as possible.

What I'm worried about the most is what if DS 2 is like DS 1 where it is less than 11 damn hours long?

Morridini
The GT review said it was "a dozen" hours long.

Smasandian
Yeah, other reviews said the same thing based on how long you take to explore the surroundings for ammo and other things.

Smasandian
Finished the single player. Took me about 12 hours. I played on normal until I went to casual. So I expect an extra hour or so for the normal time.

Great game. I love every minute of it. Better than the first and even though it doesn't get scary half way through the game, it's like RE4. It's intense. When you get to some of the set pieces, you rarely leave with all your health/ammo. If you loved RE4 and those type of games, this is one you love. It's an awesome action game, pretty good horror game.

Can't wait till the third and I wonder what they will do with the story.

Impediment
Visceral Games has redeemed itself from the ever-so-disappointing final boss fight/ending of the first Dead Space. Holy Shit! The final boss fight of Dead Space 2 was aMAZEing!!

SpadeKing
Originally posted by XanatosForever
There might not be a horde compared to Left 4 Dead, but the NPC Slashers will more than likely be used as diversionary targets.

Those things help the Human side more than the Necromorphs if you ask me ermm

Kazenji
Visceral Games has redeemed itself from the ever-so-disappointing final boss fight/ending of the first Dead Space. Holy Shit! The final boss fight of Dead Space 2 was aMAZEing!!

Was it harder?

Impediment
I was on Normal mode, and it felt like I was playing Hard mode! It is quite a cool fight and ending!

ArtificialGlory
Played through the 1st Chaper on Normal, but later changed it to Survivalist. Difficulty is just about right for me now.

Kazenji
DLC on its way

Dead Space 2: Severed, It will feature characters previously seen in Dead Space: Extraction and contain a standalone two chapter single-player adventure. It has been confirmed for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Impediment
Awesome DLC news.

I now have 48 of 51 PS3 trophies for Dead Space 2. All I have to do is beat the game on Zealot mode and Hard Core mode, for which I will receive two trophies, and then I'll have the platinum!!

srankmissingnin

Really? I one shoted it on Zealot on my first play through. If you have the Force Gun the last fight is a joke, even compared to the last fight on Deadspace one... which was also a joke.

Anyone beat it on Hardcore? No check points is kicking my ass. sad

mixednuts
Originally posted by Kazenji
DLC on its way

Dead Space 2: Severed, It will feature characters previously seen in Dead Space: Extraction and contain a standalone two chapter single-player adventure. It has been confirmed for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

You know PC gamers were originally screwed out of the suit packs. All it took was locating an edited save file to unlock them fully for the PC. This save file was 4KB. What that means is the DLC was already on the damned disk to begin with and EA is charging you guys for stuff they should have had unlocked from the get go!

Now we have the Severed DLC coming out and EA again is saying they are not releasing it for the PC. How exactly is the PC community supposed to react to that? You have a group of customers that want to give you money for DLC but you think they are all hackers and thieves so you decide not to. Yeah, that makes alot of sense.

I have NEVER pirated a game (simply out of principle), but I have to say that between things like this and craptastic console ports (Bulletstorm is a great example. "it will make your gaming rig weep!" yeah right.) its getting very temping. I heard a saying once that is starting to make more and more sense in this situation "If you're going to treat me like a criminal, then I might as well act the part".

Sorry for the rant but this is really getting under my skin.

Nemesis X
Downloaded the Severed DLC today and it's kind of good. What disappoints me is how short it is. I could've sworn that I came across one chapter in Isaac's adventures that took longer than the two in Gabe's combined. Anyways, with no dementia making you jump faster than you can say "Altman be praised", there are things that will make your heart race if you're the type who gets easily spooked. As much as I like to have more enemies in a game, the Twitchers are annoying if not challenging. Each one I fought was doing what looked like a pelvic thrust everytime it got close to me and I don't know whether Visceral is trying to show it has a sense of humor or this was some kind of glitch (either way, lol). The major con in this game is this, what happened to Nathan McNeil, the guy who was arguably the main protagonist of Dead Space Extraction? There's no mention of him whatsoever. Come on Visceral, at least leave us with an audio/text log that talks about what became of him or something. On another subject, for a short expansion, Severed has an interesting plot with a few twists that raises more questions (like what happened to Nathan) than it does answers. Plus, the ending is rather sad when Gabe sacrifices himself to save Lexine.

FinalAnswer
Just beat this game today.

Pretty awesome game and stuff, especially the fact that, although it isn't as scary as the first, Dead Space 2 has much more High Octane Nightmare Fuel

And, uh, I beat the final boss on my 1st try in, liek, 2 minutes on normal, so I dunno. It's more epic then the fricking Hive Mind anyway. Will wait until Playstation Store is up to redeem my multiplayer code so I can try that out.

YoungGunna
Good game but the first was defiantly more spookier

Impediment
Originally posted by YoungGunna
Good game but the first was defiantly more spookier

That was on purpose, actually.

The producers wanted to make Dead Space 2 like the film "Aliens", very action based, whereas the first Dead Space was more horrifying like "Alien".

I have ONE MORE trophy to earn before I get the platinum, but it's going to be a pain in the ass to beat the game on hardcore mode. In HC mode, you can only save three times and if you die, you respawn at your last save point!

YoungGunna
That was on purpose, actually.

The producers wanted to make Dead Space 2 like the film "Aliens", very action based, whereas the first Dead Space was more horrifying like "Alien".

I have ONE MORE trophy to earn before I get the platinum, but it's going to be a pain in the ass to beat the game on hardcore mode. In HC mode, you can only save three times and if you die, you respawn at your last save point!
Oh okay I get ya but again still a good game

thanos-prime
Question about the multiplayer do necromorphs get any better? cause they have sh*t durability can't take more than a couple hits.

Impediment
Nope.

I avoid the MP all together in DS 2. It's awful.

Morridini
So how hard is the Zealot difficulty?

I've played the first game, have played similar survival shooters (RE4), so I'm tempted to jump straight for the zealot playthrough in order to get the achievement in my first playthrough. Would anyone recommend doing that, or would it be too hard the first time?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Morridini
So how hard is the Zealot difficulty?

I've played the first game, have played similar survival shooters (RE4), so I'm tempted to jump straight for the zealot playthrough in order to get the achievement in my first playthrough. Would anyone recommend doing that, or would it be too hard the first time?

I would try and prepare for Zealot by playing in the lesser difficulties first. Before Zealot, you should buy and upgrade more weapons, save a lot of ammunition, and upgrade your RIG for you're gonna need a lot of health and stasis ammo if you want to last awhile longer.

Morridini
I started the game on Normal, and after having played for half an hour I felt the game was way too easy. So I restarted it at Zealot difficulty, and am now about two hours into the game, and I'm starting considering buying a second weapon.

I'm at the Unitary Church/Temple, where there's a save station, bench and Store. So far I have upgraded the damage of the Plasma Cutter three times, I've added two Health slots to the rig (and I am using the Hacker suit thanks to Dead Space Ignition), and have increased the number of "shots" for the Stasis field to max. My main two options seem to be the Line Gun or Pulse Rifle, as I don't have enough credits for the Javelin.

Any suggestions?

Impediment
I avoid the Javelin as it's just not a very good weapon, in my opinion. Keep using your cutter and buy as many rounds as you can. It really is the best weapon. I, personally, use the pulse rifle because it has full auto that comes in handy for swarms of necros (the children, especially) and the alt fire is great for long range and blowing up the tougher necros.

Kazenji
EA Wants To Make A Dead Space First-Person-Shooter (And More!)

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/11/ea-wants-to-make-a-dead-space-first-person-shooter-and-more/

not too sure about the flight sim..... erm

Smasandian
As long as the third Dead Space is roughly the same type of gameplay as the first two then I don't really care about other stuff.

If they make the "flight sim" about exploring our galaxy and you can touch down on different planets, that would be kind of cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.