Namor the Sub-Mariner vs Spider-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Namor is full drenched but Spider-Man has special webbing made for Hydro Man. No holding back

rotiart
Spiderman dies ....

Personally I view namor as equivalent to iron man physically but without the repulsor blasts etc...

He knocks spidermans socks off.

golem370
If he can get his hand on Spider-Man. Iron Man is a armored suit

StiltmanFTW
Equivalent to IM physically? You underrate him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Namor is clearly above Iron Man physically. That's been made pretty clear from what I've seen.

What does Spider-Man's Hydro Man webbing do? It better be something really special, or Namor rips his head off in moments.

StiltmanFTW
I think it does what was shown in the cartoon... that is temporarily incapacitate Hydroman. I don't think it'd work on Namor.

rotiart
I got tiers
namor is around iron man
Thor around Hercules
beast around spiderman...

Etc
unless you think I should consider namor the equivalent of Thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I think it does what was shown in the cartoon... that is temporarily incapacitate Hydroman. I don't think it'd work on Namor.

Temporarily incapacitate Hydroman how? Did it have some special dehydration effect or was it just really tough?

If it was the latter then nah, it wouldn't work.

Even if it was the former it'd have to have extreme dehydration abilities to stop Namor.

Where would you rank Namor physically?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by rotiart
I got tiers
namor is around iron man
Thor around Hercules
beast around spiderman...

Etc
unless you think I should consider namor the equivalent of Thor

His not the dead equal of Thor but his at the least the equivalent of Hercules. He should definitely be in Thor's tier. His in the same league. That league being the heavy weights.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Temporarily incapacitate Hydroman how? Did it have some special dehydration effect or was it just really tough?

If it was the latter then nah, it wouldn't work.

Even if it was the former it'd have to have extreme dehydration abilities to stop Namor.

Where would you rank Namor physically?

It made him solid, he was like a statue.

4:35

jlVWheGcAC8

Higher than Iron Man, that's for sure. That guy caused the island to tremble with two simultaneous blows. And just recently he was supporting Utopia island...

What's Tony's best strength feat? Lifting Fin Fang Foom?

Rage.Of.Olympus
It made him solid, he was like a statue.

4:35

jlVWheGcAC8

Higher than Iron Man, that's for sure. That guy caused the island to tremble with two simultaneous blows. And just recently he was supporting Utopia island...

What's Tony's best strength feat? Lifting Fin Fang Foom?

What the hell is that supposed to do against Namor? I have no sound by the way. My speakers are upstairs.

It was two blows simultaneously I believe. Yea that one was pretty damn impressive. He also lifted up and tossed Mariana. The original Mariana was ridiculously big. Crushing islands easily big. He also lifted all of Hydro base apparently and there's the time he physically stopped and pulled back Doom's floating city. That was pretty uber.

StiltmanFTW
What the hell is that supposed to do against Namor? I have no sound by the way. My speakers are upstairs.

It was two blows simultaneously I believe. Yea that one was pretty damn impressive. He also lifted up and tossed Mariana. The original Mariana was ridiculously big. Crushing islands easily big. He also lifted all of Hydro base apparently and there's the time he physically stopped and pulled back Doom's floating city. That was pretty uber.

Dunno. Maybe the comic version works different?

Makes Tony looks like a lightweight.

h1a8
His not the dead equal of Thor but his at the least the equivalent of Hercules. He should definitely be in Thor's tier. His in the same league. That league being the heavy weights.

Namor is far below Thor and a little below Herc. He only manages to sneak where Herc is only because of his added flight. If Herc is not stronger than Thor then he is also far below Thor too. So Thor and Herc are in different Leagues.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by h1a8
Namor is far below Thor and a little below Herc. He only manages to sneak where Herc is only because of his added flight. If Herc is not stronger than Thor then he is also far below Thor too. So Thor and Herc are in different Leagues.

Thor has been shown as the decisive superior against Namor but it's only been Thor where that's the case. Against any of the other heavy hitters like Hulk, Hercules, Blue Marvel, Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, Black Bolt etc. his been shown to be able to clearly hold his own, stalemate or even win physically.

Nah. He used flight in their first battle to blitz him once but that's been about it. His gone toe to toe and shown to be his basic rival on land with Hercules getting the slight nod in their first battle, but the superior underwater. Since then his also gone toe to toe on land with neither getting the nod.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Dunno. Maybe the comic version works different?

Makes Tony looks like a lightweight.

Dunno either.

Most likely. Tony was clearly inferior in their recent encounter.

StiltmanFTW
Dunno either.

Most likely. Tony was clearly inferior in their recent encounter.

To be fair, that was a downgraded armor. But Namor always had the strength advantage, Tony pretty much stated that in that issue.

Rage.Of.Olympus
To be fair, that was a downgraded armor. But Namor always had the strength advantage, Tony pretty much stated that in that issue.

That's true. I was thinking about that mostly. The admittance of Tony.

golem370
I think in a city enviroment he would have some what of a chance.

namorsubby
this would prolly go a little like the spidey vs herc fight in the 1st issue of attack on olympus..........maybe a little worse........namor's not as calm-tempered as herc IMO

Tha C-Master
Namor smokes him, unless Namor lays on the ground and lets Spiderman wail on him for a while. laughing

Face Inc.
Namor rips his head off.

snoopdogg
Have these two fought recently?

ankur29
namor wins

SamZED
Namor takes it but not without a fight. A few dozen class 10 punches in the face wont feel good even concidering his durability. Also Namor'd have to wait for SM to get tired before he could get his hands on him, then the fight is over.

golem370
Yeah I mean he could do some swinging punches as well. Electrical wires. One of my favorite feats is Spider-Man swinging a three ton wrecking ball like Thor does his hammer. Very Impressive

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by SamZED
Namor takes it but not without a fight. A few dozen class 10 punches in the face wont feel good even concidering his durability. Also Namor'd have to wait for SM to get tired before he could get his hands on him, then the fight is over.

What, the same durability that allows him to tank hits from Hulk, Sentry, Hercules, Black Bolt, Blue Marvel?

How much damage are Class 10 hits going to do to Namor, based on some of his durability showings?

This goes how the recent Hercules and Spiderman fight went. Except Namor doesn't pull his punches.

Namor is pretty damn fast.

Warlord
namor

rotiart
Namor in the water.. which should put him at his peak...
vs aqua version pre extremis Iron man:
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/Rotiart26/Iron%20Man/InvincibleIronManv4012-page05.jpg

Parmaniac
Namor

SamZED
What, the same durability that allows him to tank hits from Hulk, Sentry, Hercules, Black Bolt, Blue Marvel?

How much damage are Class 10 hits going to do to Namor, based on some of his durability showings?

This goes how the recent Hercules and Spiderman fight went. Except Namor doesn't pull his punches.

Namor is pretty damn fast. Except Namor is no Hercules, not in terms of strength, nor durability. I never said Spider-man could ko him but saying that Namor wont get hurt would be wrong. It's the same "class 10" (going by feats more like class 50) punches that made a hole in Ironman's helmet, so yeah its definitely not gonna be a picnic for Namor. Also Herc hitting Spider-man was bs Namor is faster than Herc and he couldnt land a punch on Parker in one of their fights until SM got distracted, its just in recent comix Spider-man tends to first speedblitz slower opponents and then suddenly lose all his speed for an unknown reason and get hit by the same attack he dodhed just a minute ago with his eyes closed without any efforts. Examples - Hercules, Red Hulk.

snoopdogg
Yea, people need to stop putting Namor in Thor's and Hercules' strength level.

namorsubby
everyone acknowledges namor is not as strong, but is he on their "level".....most definitely........if he wasn't he wouldn't be able to slug it out with them, as he has many times in the past.

namor is much faster than hercules, and could easily tag spidey. he has speed feats of his own:

grabbing missles.
blitzing hulk(in water) and hercules
dodging mach speed attacks/lasers
getting ahold of super-speedsters spitfire and the whizzer

like i said, this is like the fight between herc and spidey, but even worse, considering namor's mentality

SamZED
With the only difference Spider-man wont job to Namor in a vs forum the way he jobbed to Herc in speed department in that book.
The fight would go al lot like this
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1632/feat24fight3wr5.jpg
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4396/feat24fight4st80.jpg
except much longer before Spider-man gets tired and there'd be less dodging and more hitting by SM. But once he gets tired Namor would get his hands on him and end the fight.

namorsubby
lol, spidey has hurt his hands hitting the lizard in the face more than once, who has only 12 ton level durability. to show him hurting 100cl namor is quite a stretch if you ask me.......namor's also much faster than those scans potrayed........lol, just look at him, they've got him charging and running into walls like he's the rhino.

those scans are new to me, but i've seen multiple fights with namor and spidey.......and none have potrayed him to be so slow.he has a number of speed feats that put his speed/reaction time nearly on par with spidey. in fact, his high level of speed is what enables him to brawl with the other top teirs like herc, hulk, thor, etc, who he doesn't quite match in strength/durabiltity

btw, what comic title/issue are those scans from? they look like they would be from a marvel adventures issue or something similar

SamZED
They are canon, ill try to find the issue but I saved the scans a long time ago in a folder so dont remember. So you'd take a low Lizard showing into account rather than gazillion examples of Spider-man delivering punches strong enough to hurt class 100 characters? He's oneshotted class 10-20 chars on many occsions, every punch he threw at Ironman damaged his suit, Spider-man's punch created a shockwave powerful enough to damage concrete and Spider-man's demolished an entire building with his punches. I wont believe for a second that Namor wont feel his attacks. Also there's nothing wrong with the fight, Namor wasn't slow but he couldnt keep up with Parker and it was Spider-man who made him hit that wall, he didnt charge at it himself. Namor's fast but his combat speed is not on par with Spider-man's. Its not even that close. Again, im not arguing that Namor wins this, eventually he does and 10/10 unless some PIS is involved, but he's not punchig Parker till the guy gets really tired.

namorsubby
Originally posted by SamZED
They are canon, ill try to find the issue but I saved the scans a long time ago in a folder so dont remember. So you'd take a low Lizard showing into account rather than gazillion examples of Spider-man delivering punches strong enough to hurt class 100 characters? He's oneshotted class 10-20 chars on many occsions, every punch he threw at Ironman damaged his suit, Spider-man's punch created a shockwave powerful enough to damage concrete and Spider-man's demolished an entire building with his punches. I wont believe for a second that Namor wont feel his attacks. Also there's nothing wrong with the fight, Namor wasn't slow but he couldnt keep up with Parker and it was Spider-man who made him hit that wall, he didnt charge at it himself. Namor's fast but his combat speed is not on par with Spider-man's. Its not even that close. Again, im not arguing that Namor wins this, eventually he does and 10/10 unless some PIS is involved, but he's not punchig Parker till the guy gets really tired. i'm an avid spider-man fan, so i know i'm right when i say spidey doesn't have a "gazillion" examples showing him hurting 100cl opponents........but he has fought the lizard a gazillion times and has complained of hurting his hands on his face several of those times.

the durability of IM suit is questinable and varies often

i'm not saying he's spidey-fast, i know he's not.......but he's fast enough to tag spidey for sure, like i said, he has some amazing speed/agility feats of his own.

SamZED
Originally posted by namorsubby
i'm an avid spider-man fan, so i know i'm right when i say spidey doesn't have a "gazillion" examples showing him hurting 100cl opponents........but he has fought the lizard a gazillion times and has complained of hurting his hands on his face several of those times.

the durability of IM suit is questinable and varies often

i'm not saying he's spidey-fast, i know he's not.......but he's fast enough to tag spidey for sure, like i said, he has some amazing speed/agility feats of his own. That's not how it happened in their fight. And for all Namor's speed he's not hitting Parker who's moving at his top speed, there's just no way. And how can you be a Spider-man fan if you take one statement from Spider-man about hurting his fist over many examples ive mentioned? And there are a lot of examples of Spider-man hurting class 100 character, as the matter of fact every time he fought Namor he was able to hurt him with his punches, there are also Ironman, Titania, Ms. Marvel, Absorbing Man, even Hulk. The Juggernaut though being invulnerable to physical attacks commented that Spider-man punches very hard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.