Spike VGA "Game of The Year" 2009

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AsbestosFlaygon
Old sauce.. but anyways, the results were pretty obvious.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/12/13/uncharted-2-bags-vga-game-of-the-year/

ArtificialGlory
Hmm. As far as I have seen, Dragon Age is winning the most GotY rewards.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Who cares?

Post that shit in a different thread.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Who cares?

Post that shit in a different thread.

Just saying that the results weren't all that "obvious."

AsbestosFlaygon
Just saying that the results weren't all that "obvious."
Only a blatant fanboy of Dragon Age would give the prestigious GotY award to that game.

Sales, popularity, and multi-platform does NOT give the game an automatic win for such an award.

Uncharted 2 was simply better in gameplay and graphics compared to the others in 2009.
It deserved that award, for obvious reasons stated.

ArtificialGlory
Only a blatant fanboy of Dragon Age would give the prestigious GotY award to that game.

Sales, popularity, and multi-platform does NOT give the game an automatic win for such an award.

Uncharted 2 was simply better in gameplay and graphics compared to the others in 2009.
It deserved that award, for obvious reasons stated.

Oh that's... ironic. I just can't shrug off this feeling that you posted this thread just because they gave GotY to Uncharted 2. Anyway, I do admit that Dragon Age is being overrated left and right.

Anyway, if we started making threads for every website/magazine that gives out "prestigious" GotY awards, we'd spam this forum into oblivion.

AsbestosFlaygon
Source(s) for this claim?

ArtificialGlory
Source(s) for this claim?

Most of reviewers haven't given out the rewards yet. Some sites that already have:

Gamasutra - Dragon Age: Origins
Gamespy - Modern Warfare 2
ActionTrip(people's choice) - Dragon Age: Origins
Spike - Uncharted 2

Though it's pretty obvious that the main fight for the most GotY awards will be between DA:O and MW2.

At any rate, anyone who doesn't give a GotY to DoW2, Empire: Total War or Torchlight is a raging fanboy who only cares about sales, hype, popularity and multi-platform. See what I did there?

WickedDynamite
Gamespy have it right! thumb up

The others are idiots.

FistOfThe North
Even though i don't put much stock into spikes VGA's my favorite fighting game, Street Fighter 4, won fighting game of the year to my suprise. i thought they were gonna give it to Tekken 6. (my second fav fighting game) it probably got runner up if there was such a thing.

hm.

Ms.Marvel
i dont think tekken 6 woudl have won it because tekken 6 sucked.

-Pr-
Dragon Age more than deserves being game of the year. It's as good as anything that came out this year imo.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
i dont think tekken 6 woudl have won it because tekken 6 sucked.

i give up. i can't tell if you're joking or not.

No End N Site
Oh that's... ironic. I just can't shrug off this feeling that you posted this thread just because they gave GotY to Uncharted 2. laughing

Also, for all the folks out there who don't take the VGA's seriously, people do know that in order for a game to win in the VGAs, regular people have to vote for it. If a game gets the votes it deserves the win, IMO. At the end of the day, it's all opinion and popularity contest. Ya'can't get mad if the game you like doesn't win. Lord knows I didn't vote for Uncharted 2, but I respect it's victory and the show it won the award on.

Smasandian
It's a fantastic game.

I would probably give it the game of the year.

Though Dragon Age, Left 4 Dead 2 and Arkham Asylum didn't annoying the **** out of me like Uncharted 2 last level. So aggravating.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.