Thread Of The Week

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Badabing
There have been a lot of off topic and non-comic threads popping up lately. PR and I want to try a new idea with a Thread Of The Week. Basically people can vote on a non-comic book character to go against a comic book character in a vs thread.

Basically people will discuss the choices and post who they want . After the choices are narrowed down to 5 or less, a mod will edit the poll accordingly and people can vote.

This is a work in progress and we'll be fine tuning the process as we go.

This thread and poll is just to show the format.

Blanket
Should close the poll right now.

Check out what I did

Blanket
But ya... Superman vs Goku

thumb up

Tha C-Master
Superman vs Goku would be an epic mess.... one big catfight but it would garner a lot of attention.

xJLxKing
Superman vs Goku

iceman24567
It would garner the wrong attention like carvers latest thread.

Badabing
Originally posted by Blanket

thumb up We can let that fly next week. PR and I will deal with any unsavory posters.

Omega Vision
My dream debate (not actually participating in but watching from the sidelines) would be a debate between a Thor fanboy and a Goku fanboy. I've seen plenty of Superman vs Goku threads, many of which are markedly entertaining but I want to see one with Thor instead.

xJLxKing
Hopefully, the mods will be ready to hand out warnings, bans, and other stuff.
I have debated with DBZ fans, and it can get retarted. Once a side gets the wins, the other just ignore and words mean nothing

Blanket
Oh man, I am going to so argue for Goku.

Me and Carver against the world.

TheKahn
I'd rather see a Silver Surfer or Green Lantern vs Goku. shifty

Omega Vision
Quan's Thanos vs SSJ3 Goku with the backing of several obnoxious fanboys/fangirls.

I actually remember getting into a Sonic the Hedgehog vs Goku debate. This was all the way back in Elementary school though, I was on Goku's side of course.

Tha C-Master
I remember a Flash vs Super Sonic.

Blanket
You might as well have called this thread Goku vs comic characters

Tha C-Master
Spiderman vs Ryu was popular though considering which Ryu was used, it could be a heavy mismatch. Jax vs Luke Cage too...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I actually remember getting into a Sonic the Hedgehog vs Goku debate. This was all the way back in Elementary school though, I was on Goku's side of course.

Fanboy. We all know Sonic speed blitz Goku.

Parmaniac
Question: After the week where the "thread of the week" was choosen does it get closed or does it stay open?

Animerican
Goku vs Superman would be best of course but thats getting old. How about Lui Kang vs Ryu vs Yusuke. I think I spelled his name right. Just a quick suggestion. I know its not that interesting but Goku and Superman debates end in redundency and dead ends. We will never know.

Badabing
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Question: After the week where the "thread of the week" was choosen does it get closed or does it stay open? It will get closed in favor of the new thread. The forum rules still apply regarding non comic book characters. We're trying this out due to requests and the lack of an anything vs forum on KMC.Originally posted by Animerican
Goku vs Superman would be best of course but thats getting old. How about Lui Kang vs Ryu vs Yusuke. I think I spelled his name right. Just a quick suggestion. I know its not that interesting but Goku and Superman debates end in redundency and dead ends. We will never know. It will be one non comic book character vs a comic book character.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Badabing
It will get closed in favor of the new thread. The forum rules still apply regarding non comic book characters.

Then re-open my Freddy vs. Wolverine thread Badabing

do it do it
http://22.media.tumblr.com/wj9Eqnxmgk38b9txgvsOcH7Zo1_250.gif

psycho gundam
superman beats goku once or twice, by fight three, goku's power rises beyond superman and has all of his moves down and such.

fight five/six on out is a straight spanking by goku, could be sooner if he has those beans on him like he usually does before he saves the day.

?

Parmaniac
I think the biggest prob with the Supes Goku thread would be that DBZ doesn't have feats like Comics in the way "hey look I lift a quintillion tons with one arm and now I overpower that thing" it's more you have a few feats in the beginning and then they just keep increasing by ABC logic if you want so

Animerican
a freddy vs wolverine debate sounds really cool

Digi
Just as an official note, I would relish the opportunity to pull rank on Bada's normally-sound decisions if he green lights a Goku v. Superman thread. Forewarned, poozers.

uhuh

Otherwise, good luck with this idea.

Badabing
Originally posted by Digi
Just as an official note, I would relish the opportunity to pull rank on Bada's normally-sound decisions if he green lights a Goku v. Superman thread. Forewarned, poozers.

uhuh

Otherwise, good luck with this idea. laughing out loud

I was just trying to get a thread which would put us over our warn/ban quota for 2009. biscuits

stick out tongue

illadelph12
I'd like to see a Captain America Vs Master Chief or a Batman vs. Solid Snake thread personally. Maybe a fully equipped Kratos vs Thor armed combat only thread also. Ironman & War Machine Vs. Ziv Zoolander the Bots Master and all of his B.O.Y.Z.

There's a lot of interesting potential matches with more options.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by illadelph12
I'd like to see a Captain America Vs Master Chief or a Batman vs. Solid Snake thread personally. Maybe a fully equipped Kratos vs Thor armed combat only thread also. Ironman & War Machine Vs. Ziv Zoolander the Bots Master and all of his B.O.Y.Z.

I'd have thought you'd go for Captain America vs Harry Potter smile

Bentley
I'm assuming this would be Manga Goku, right? Just saying, I don't want some GT stuff messing my sh*t.

This would be the greatest time to have the most epic strength vs versatility thread EVER:

The Hulk

VS

Jesus!

Tha C-Master

There's a lot of interesting potential matches with more options. Master Chief fanboys are pretty bad, he can lift a tank or at least tip one over.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Master Chief fanboys are pretty bad, he can lift a tank or at least tip one over.

Oh yeah I posted a link to another forum a while back with a lot of MC matchups like MC vs. Supes, vs. Magneto etc. these threads were manifested facepalm...

Newjak
Max Payne(Video Game) Vs. Punisher

Omega Vision
Oh god are Master Chief fanboys terrible.

JakeTheBank
Solid Snake vs. Nick Fury sounds cool.

illadelph12
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
I'd have thought you'd go for Captain America vs Harry Potter smile

I've had enough death threats and racial slurs in my life. I'll let that ride homie. laughing

How have you been Kfish? Haven't seen you online in a bit.

illadelph12
Samus Vs. Ironman.

Link Vs. Black Knight.

Space Ghost Vs. Wolverine.

Badabing
Samus Vs. Ironman.

Link Vs. Black Knight.

Space Ghost Vs. Wolverine. Space Ghost is so awesome that he belongs in every forum!

Bentley
Any guy from One Piece vs guys from around mid/high metahuman.

I could spent some time posting nonesense in such threads.

Newjak
Scorpion vs Wolverine big grin

Omega Vision
Alucard (Hellsing, pre-Schrodinger powers) vs Pretty much any Mid Meta-Top Tier character.

Charlotte DeBel

Kratos vs Thor? Darling, Dante vs Thor is quite a bit better. IMO, at least... Though not to the point of challenging certain Norwegian to do a battlezone about that.

Wei Phoenix
Kenshiro vs Thor, h2h. I'm serious too.

illadelph12
That would be sweet.

Money on Kenshiro though.

illadelph12
Master Chief fanboys are pretty bad, he can lift a tank or at least tip one over.

If I recall, U.S. Agent could do the same, and Cap handed him his ass.

Wei Phoenix
Well if Chief gets his Spartan armor and we include the books as canon evidence then there's no way Steve could hurt Cap I believe if memory serves me correct.

psycho gundam
actually, seeing some of the possible threads springing up out of this idea...... i hope it fails badly.

it's best to avoid flame wars and fanboy trolling by just aborting this idea with a hot coat hanger right now bro.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Well if Chief gets his Spartan armor and we include the books as canon evidence then there's no way Steve could hurt Cap I believe if memory serves me correct.
A shield toss would cut right through a Spartan energy shield and through the armor beneath it.

JakeTheBank
Nightmare (Soul Caliber) vs. Black Knight

shifty

Omega Vision
Raiden (Mortal Kombat) vs Classic Thor
Wolverine vs a Kull Warrior (Stargate SG-1)
Balrog vs Blue Devil

Wei Phoenix
A shield toss would cut right through a Spartan energy shield and through the armor beneath it.

Are you sure about that? Do you know how durable his armor is?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by psycho gundam
actually, seeing some of the possible threads springing up out of this idea...... i hope it fails badly.

it's best to avoid flame wars and fanboy trolling by just aborting this idea with a hot coat hanger right now bro.

Which ones do you see as becoming a flame fanboy fest?

Omega Vision
Are you sure about that? Do you know how durable his armor is?
Pretty damn tough but Cap's shield is>than Adamantium I'm fairly certain.

Wei Phoenix
Pretty damn tough but Cap's shield is>than Adamantium I'm fairly certain.

Cap's shield can not dent nor break adamantium. He can't sever Wolverine's claws or break them off with his shield. May I ask what gave you that impression?

XkYEnc4I_no

Tha C-Master
If I recall, U.S. Agent could do the same, and Cap handed him his ass. He's the Cap though... Thor wouldn't stand a chance...

Omega Vision
Cap's shield can not dent nor break adamantium. He can't sever Wolverine's claws or break them off with his shield. May I ask what gave you that impression?

XkYEnc4I_no
That's less the fault of the shield and more the fact that Cap's throwing strength is insufficient. If Superman tossed the shield I'm sure it could dent or even tear apart adamantium. Can Wolverine's claws even scratch Cap's shield?
Besides what exactly has the Spartans' armor done that make you think its even close to adamantium in terms of durability? The fact that after the shield is depleted an SMG's 22 caliber bullets can penetrate it shows shit durability. Yeah I know its only a game mechanic but what's the worst the armor has stood up to in the books?

Wei Phoenix
That's less the fault of the shield and more the fact that Cap's throwing strength is insufficient. If Superman tossed the shield I'm sure it could dent or even tear apart adamantium. Can Wolverine's claws even scratch Cap's shield?
Besides what exactly has the Spartans' armor done that make you think its even close to adamantium in terms of durability? The fact that after the shield is depleted an SMG's 22 caliber bullets can penetrate it shows shit durability. Yeah I know its only a game mechanic but what's the worst the armor has stood up to in the books?

I just showed you what the armor stood up against. He crashed, made a huge crater and there's not even a scratch on his armor. Wolverine cutting his shield is a bad example. A hammer can't scratch a diamond but that same hammer can smash that diamond into pieces. Game mechanics do not equal feats or canon evidence.

AlmightyKfish

Tbf, the energy shield also stands up to rocket impacts.

I'm pretty sure that if Cap got hit in the chest by a modern day rocket launcher, let alone the future tech in Halo, he'd be in pieces.

Parmaniac
I just showed you what the armor stood up against. He crashed, made a huge crater and there's not even a scratch on his armor. Wolverine cutting his shield is a bad example. A hammer can't scratch a diamond but that same hammer can smash that diamond into pieces. Game mechanics do not equal feats or canon evidence.
And what in MC arsenal would be the hammer when caps shield is the diamond?
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Tbf, the energy shield also stands up to rocket impacts.
I think the main prob is that Caps shield absorbs energy like a sponge and not breaks it with enough force

Wei Phoenix
And what in MC arsenal would be the hammer when caps shield is the diamond?

I think the main prob is that Caps shield absorbs energy like a sponge and not breaks it with enough force

The diamond is Chief's armor and the hammer is the shield actually.

Parmaniac
The diamond is Chief's armor and the hammer is the shield actually.

Oh then I got it wrong sorry

Wei Phoenix
Oh then I got it wrong sorry

No problem.

illadelph12

Just needs patience and proper supervision really. Each poster has to attempt to be rational and not be compelled to react so negatively to things they disagree with. I do it all the time. It can be done.

Tha C-Master
Just needs patience and proper supervision really. Each poster has to attempt to be rational and not be compelled to react so negatively to things they disagree with. I do it all the time. It can be done. You are a god amongst men.... then you have other people who seep out of other forums.... *coughgamesvscough*.

Charlotte DeBel
You are a god amongst men.... then you have other people who seep out of other forums.... *coughgamesvscough*.

Which say I left because it's trolls-ridden. Though as long as nothing involves Kain from LoK, the invasion can be sane.

Tha C-Master
Yea, they were pretty bad at one point, but games and comics fans don't mix in debates. Fun to watch though.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Which say I left because it's trolls-ridden. Though as long as nothing involves Kain from LoK, the invasion can be sane.

And Link. I spoke with someone in the OTF of the games section and he thinks Link could stop or at least slow down Juggernaut's charge.

Parmaniac
And Link. I spoke with someone in the OTF of the games section and he thinks Link could stop or at least slow down Juggernaut's charge.

Of course he can, it's commonly known that skinny elfs are Juggs kryptonite

Wei Phoenix
Of course he can, it's commonly known that skinny elfs are Juggs kryptonite

I will beat you like an African war drum.

Parmaniac
Hm I've never seen these game fanboys from KMC in action would be nice, at least I think it would be...

Wei Phoenix
Sam Fisher vs The Punisher.

Parmaniac
Nathan Hale (after he defeated Daedalus) vs. Cable

Wei Phoenix
Nathan Hale (after he defeated Daedalus) vs. Cable

Where's he from? Never heard of the name?

Parmaniac
Where's he from? Never heard of the name?

The main character from Resistance 2 (Ego shooter, PS3)

Bentley
This thread will devolve pretty quickly into Punisher vs Random FPS character santa

Tha C-Master
Hm I've never seen these game fanboys from KMC in action would be nice, at least I think it would be... You don't want to, different monster. Not that the ones here are any better.

psycho gundam
Where's he from? Never heard of the name? you spelled nvr wrong.

also, hit us up with a sample thread from the games vs forum, one with trolls/flaming galore.

Wei Phoenix
you spelled nvr wrong.

also, hit us up with a sample thread from the games vs forum, one with trolls/flaming galore.

They dedicate they're profiles to each other.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=117608

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&find=lastposter&threadid=522303

Badabing
These were the matches which caught my attention.

Flash vs Super Sonic

Jax vs Luke Cage

Freddy vs. Wolverine

Captain America Vs Master Chief

Batman vs. Solid Snake

Solid Snake vs. Nick Fury

Scorpion (MK) vs Wolverine

We're going to leave Goku vs Superman off the boards for now.

To address a few concerns notes in this thread about trolls/fanboys. Pr, Digi and I will be monitoring this thread and any reports. Any idiocy will be dealt with swiftly.

If I missed any matches it's mainly because I don't know some of the characters. Please post any other matches and a bio for characters game/anime/manga related.

psycho gundam
i watched the video of the game soul reaver in there........wow, it's like two seagulls fighting over a pizza crust.

Wei Phoenix
These were the matches which caught my attention.

Flash vs Super Sonic

Jax vs Luke Cage

Freddy vs. Wolverine

Captain America Vs Master Chief

Batman vs. Solid Snake

Solid Snake vs. Nick Fury

Scorpion (MK) vs Wolverine

We're going to leave Goku vs Superman off the boards for now.

To address a few concerns notes in this thread about trolls/fanboys. Pr, Digi and I will be monitoring this thread and any reports. Any idiocy will be dealt with swiftly.

If I missed any matches it's mainly because I don't know some of the characters. Please post any other matches and a bio for characters game/anime/manga related.

Honestly I think Super Shadow would be better for Flash. I also think Chief would destroy Steve with his superior strength and his highly durable armor.

I proposed Kenshiro vs Thor in H2H combat with no flight or maybe Hulk. I'm having a hard time finding him a good match in Marvel. He's an anime Martial Artist who's proved that he is has more that 100 tons of strength. He's fast, strong and probably the best fighter in all of anime (Goku is not that skilled). Well he's the best I've seen when it comes to skill, but I haven't seen all anime martial artists. He uses Hokuto Shinken which is an ancient Chinese assassination art that utilizes pressure points and he can also use Nanto Seiken techniques that utilize wind pressure to cut through things like steel. He also has photographic reflexes like Taskmaster and learn your moves and fighting stlye through looking at your first move.

Here are his feats and I'll post a description of each feet from the video creator. For the record, I'm not saying all of these feats puts him over Thor or Hulk or anyone and I know those two could replicate most of these as well. Also I know the description labels those rocks he lifted at 1000 tons, I've asked pr as well and he agreed that they were around or not that far from it. I'm still not 100% sure to be honest, so if anyone else had any estimations of the weight of the rocks he lifted then feel free to share them. I'm pretty open to changing my opinions about Ken and his feats if I'm proven to be wrong or mistaken.

fnuNWKudq0s

zPVaWN6PvfA

wi38Q5_79Q0

YZW1Gl_BayI

rWv9c-K6QiA

Charlotte DeBel
They dedicate they're profiles to each other.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=117608

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&find=lastposter&threadid=522303

Burning Thought is also the only guy to ever make it to my ignore list. And I'm pretty tolerant person normally...

Darlings, how'bout Kenshiro vs Karate Kid? IMO it would be enjoyable thing to see.

Wei Phoenix
I know next to nothing about him but I wouldn't mind defending Kenshiro while learning about him at the same time. I heard one time he was slapping aound Superboy or knocking planets around or something like that but I assume that if that is true then it was PC era. If he can slap around Kryptonians and keep up with them now then Ken is more than likely in some trouble.

Charlotte DeBel
I know next to nothing about him but I wouldn't mind defending Kenshiro while learning about him at the same time. I heard one time he was slapping aound Superboy or knocking planets around or something like that but I assume that if that is true then it was PC era. If he can slap around Kryptonians and keep up with them now then Ken is more than likely in some trouble.

Stalemate at best, he was also trained specifically to fight against metas. IMO he and Kenshiro are pretty equal in the sence of being top dogs of MA... it would be an epic fight to see.

And Thor in unarmed combat? Beating of infants I smell here, with Mongoose showing and the likes of that abused to no end. Ken is one of those "perfect antibricks" IMO, as long as the brick in question isn't famous for its blitzing H2H feats.

I don't bring my personal tastes in the wishlist... me and Avlon have already made friendly Dante vs Superman battlezone (sort of) and it satisfied my ego (given Avlon's tastes)... Dante vs Ares (Marvel) would have been cool if not for Ares being relatively slow and relatively jobber...thus onesided battle IMO.

Wei Phoenix
Stalemate at best, he was also trained specifically to fight against metas. IMO he and Kenshiro are pretty equal in the sence of being top dogs of MA... it would be an epic fight to see.

And Thor in unarmed combat? Beating of infants I smell here, with Mongoose showing and the likes of that abused to no end. Ken is one of those "perfect antibricks" IMO, as long as the brick in question isn't famous for its blitzing H2H feats.

I don't bring my personal tastes in the wishlist... me and Avlon have already made friendly Dante vs Superman battlezone (sort of) and it satisfied my ego (given Avlon's tastes)... Dante vs Ares (Marvel) would have been cool if not for Ares being relatively slow and relatively jobber...thus onesided battle IMO.

Yes, Ares does need to step his game up. He seems to be on the road of doing that, but as they are right now I'd have to give the victory to Dante and I can't stand him anymore. I'm sorry but DMC3 and 4 ruined him for me. I liked him in DMC2 though. How about a little Emma Frost with the Mind Gem vs Kain. I bet that would make your day. stick out tongue

Here's a funny little discussion that went on in the game vs forum. IT was about Bullet Bills from Super Mario being the speed of normal bullets. They then tried to apply real world physics to a Mario game.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Mario can jump on bullets, lift castles, and fly through space. no expression He wins on his own. Facotring that luigi is here too, and they both have an asshload of power ups, this is spite.

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
By bullets, do you mean bullet bills? They move extremely slow, nowhere near as fast as an actual bullet. Oh, and I don't know why Bowser still has them in his army. They do more harm than good.

How big were the castles?

I assume that you mean in Super Mario Galaxy. Flying through space is irrelevant in this thread, unless if the battle takes place in outer space.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Bullet Bills are the size of cars and move sloooooow. no expression

Lift castles and barely lift King Bob Omb.

Fly though space? Did not play Galaxies, elaborate nao.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Space is a ridiculously hostile environment, it's impressive.

Annd you're making the mistake of confusing what the player can see, with how fast things move in canon. A bullet would be unable to sustain flight/trajectory if it actually moved that slow erm Mario can clearly handle it.

Ever been inside a castle in SMW?

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
When he has a luma in his hat, he can breath in space.

...so what? Does that somehow make him more powerful? And one could argue that when Sora and Riku were fighting Armored Xemnas #2 in that void there might have been no air. Heck, it's likely, since it was all blackish despite the fact that there were (as far as I remember) light sources, and air is not blackish. Not only were they flying in it, but they were bouncing back buildings.

Are you seriously trying to use physics to describe Mario's feats???? laughing out loud

How come in Super Mario Galaxy black holes can be at the center of a planet and somehow not suck the planet in? How can the "planets" (many of which are the size of a house) have a large enough gravitational field to keep Mario walking on them? How come the "galaxies" are in reality smaller than a neighborhood block? Why does Bowser's army still use ships that look like 18th century pirate ships?

The bills are sustained through some sort of hovering mechanism (like helicopters) or simply magic. And any random guy worth his salt can dodge those things, considering their sub par speed.

@the castle part:

How big is it? Did Mario litterally lift the same castle that was the same size?

PLEASE don't tell me that it was just on an overworld map and was just a representation:

In the Total War series, your troops are bigger than cities on the overworld map. Does that mean that they are? Of course not! It's just a representation.

Mario and Luigi are nowhere near Sora and Riku in power. You know how Mario typically has a few hps (ranging from 1 to about 3) and every times he gets hit he loses one? Well, Sora in final form can hit a rates of quite possibly (although I haven't timed it) over 10 a SECOND. Also, even if bullet bills were as fast as bullets, I could counter by saying that Sora could dodge LASERS like in the final battle. Also, Sora has shown teleportation.

Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Wow, Nintendo fans just don't get it, do they? Mario and Luigi have fun games, but to suggest they can actually defeat Sora and Riku is laughable. They're plumbers with toon force feats for god's sake. The "castle" Mario lifted was barely bigger than he was, him throwing it was just for humor like when one of the castle's accidentally blows up in his face. They can't actually live in space. SMG "planets" have diameters of like 50 feet at they're largest and they're only a hundred feet apart at best. The game isn't actually suggesting Mario can survive a vaccum, once again, it's just a fun visual. And to say they can jump on bullets? LOL. Bullet Bills are not as fast as real bullets.

Seriously. It's okay to like Nintendo, I'm a big fan of their games myself. The problem is when fandom becomes fanboyism and you try to use joke feats to make all of Nintendo's character "teh ub3r bezt EVAR!!!!!!111!!!"

What you're doing is like trying to say Peter Griffin >>>>>>>> Hercules because in a joke cutaway they have him surviving the vacuum of space and laughing after he was sucked out of his suit. Don't confuse real feats with silliness.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Show me.

Prove they are the speed of a bullet or shut up. Bullet Bills are not real bullets, they are sentient beings, ever consider they have the ability to, I don't know, fly? eek!

Ever lifted King Bob Omb in SM64?

The only game with feats like that are in SMW, which clearly deviate from the norm in the series, since other times he struggles to lift far lighter weights.

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
The castle lift was clearly toon force just like his magical window wiper, surviving an exploding castle at close range with a black face w/ wide eyes, and a hill getting a white x when struck by a projectile.

As for the other powerups, they're nothing Sora hasn't already encountered before.

And seriously, jump on bullets? A mushroom can outrun those "bullets" and its not faster than my cat.

Parmaniac
laughing

As soon as a game charcter vs. Comic charcter thread starts I'll PM everyone from the game scetion here evil face

this will be fun...

Badabing
laughing

As soon as a game charcter vs. Comic charcter thread starts I'll PM everyone from the game scetion here evil face

this will be fun... You'll be first on the ban list. sneer

biscuits

Charlotte DeBel
Yes, Ares does need to step his game up. He seems to be on the road of doing that, but as they are right now I'd have to give the victory to Dante and I can't stand him anymore. I'm sorry but DMC3 and 4 ruined him for me. I liked him in DMC2 though. How about a little Emma Frost with the Mind Gem vs Kain. I bet that would make your day. stick out tongue

Here's a funny little discussion that went on in the game vs forum. IT was about Bullet Bills from Super Mario being the speed of normal bullets. They then tried to apply real world physics to a Mario game.

You know I don't like Kain mostly due to BT. Also TPwise Kain sucks... Inspire Hate spell and that's all he wrote.

DMC3... well, a little overdone with "brainless youth", and DMC4... suffering from hardcore "Sherlock Holmes syndrome" (AKA the case of acting weird due to the boredom of not having good opponents- pretty much the only thing he didn't try was cocaine and that's because drugs won't work on him) and over-the-top thing with Lucifer. DMC2 was "lone tragic hero", which is understandable given that chronologically our whitehaired half-demon is around 50 years old by that point (the game is set in 2020 or something like that) and apparently had many of his mortal companions killed by that point.

I also remember me and my close friend tried to have forum battle with me debating for Ares and him for Dante (DMC1 power level but with styles from DMC3 in play). I got owned epically and reminded why it's dumb to go against way faster opponent while lacking long range options.

Parmaniac
You'll be first on the ban list. sneer

biscuits

You wouldn't dare to ban me, cause deep in heart you know I'm the sunshine of your life smile

iceman24567
laughing

this will be fun... eek!

Badabing
You wouldn't dare to ban me, cause deep in heart you know I'm the sunshine of your life smile laughing out loud

The Nuul
edit

Blanket

Here's a funny little discussion that went on in the game vs forum. IT was about Bullet Bills from Super Mario being the speed of normal bullets. They then tried to apply real world physics to a Mario game. I see no problem here.

psycho gundam
this is how every thread will go down

take note

Blanket
Hayden Skywalker vs Wolverine

illadelph12
Man, Fist of the North Star was the shit.

Wei Phoenix
Man, Fist of the North Star was the shit.

Indeed it was. Have you seen the newly released movies that retell certain parts of the story from their perspective like the Kenshiro Gaiden or the Toki Gaiden? Also there is a new Fist game coming out for PS3 and Xbox.

Wei Phoenix
this is how every thread will go down

take note

Only if we make Dr. Doom vs Link.

Charlotte DeBel
Only if we make Dr. Doom vs Link.

Or Kain vs Dr Doom...that would be something odd

Omega Vision
Hayden Skywalker vs Wolverine
Do you think a Lightsaber could cut adamantium? I honestly can't say but I'm leaning toward probably not.

Kris Blaze
Mace Windu faced Wolverine-light once and was -BARELY- able to survive. Lightsabers won't cut it against Adamantium.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Mace Windu faced Wolverine-light once and was -BARELY- able to survive. Lightsabers won't cut it against Adamantium. I don't see how wolverine can stand up to the force powers

quanchi112
Do you think a Lightsaber could cut adamantium? I honestly can't say but I'm leaning toward probably not. Not a chance. No way it cuts it.

Wei Phoenix
Or Kain vs Dr Doom...that would be something odd

Kain vs Thanos. BT will actually argue that as I've seen him talk about Thanos before.

Charlotte DeBel
Kain vs Thanos. BT will actually argue that as I've seen him talk about Thanos before.

And we'll all LOL. As long as we can get enough fanboys on both sides, it can get funny.

Wei Phoenix
And we'll all LOL. As long as we can get enough fanboys on both sides, it can get funny.

You think BT needs help? One on one BT vs Quan if it has to be.

Charlotte DeBel
You think BT needs help? One on one BT vs Quan if it has to be.

No, at least not of that kind. But BT against ANYONE is taxing for nerves...if you debate. And funny if you look

Blanket

thumb up

Badabing

thumb up Originally posted by Digi

uhuh

Otherwise, good luck with this idea. I don't know if Digi would leave it open.

Blanket
He's just JK'ing. But he said nothing of a Vegeta vs Superman thread!

illadelph12
I thnk we should start at street level characters and work our way up gradually to let people get some experience with the format.

Wei Phoenix
I thnk we should start at street level characters and work our way up gradually to let people get some experience with the format.

Exactly why I said Snake vs Batman.

Blanket
Wolverine vs Master Chief

Badabing
Here's the thread with the choices I saw. They seemed pretty good.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=522580

The Nuul
Prototype(Alex Mercer) vs Spider-Man

Fight in a city.

That would be good.

Kris Blaze
Mercer has his own comics doesn't he? Don't see why that one wouldn't be allowed.

The Nuul
A 6 issue mini I do believe, thats not enough?

No one reads it and just like SF characters....they have comics but normal comic readers dont give a shit about them. They are still based on anime and not enough comic feats. Most feats that are used are from the anime cartoons.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by The Nuul
A 6 issue mini I do believe, thats not enough?
I thought it was enough.

Parmaniac
Prototype(Alex Mercer) vs Spider-Man

Fight in a city.

That would be good.

I think Mercer would stomp him he's just on another level, Venom (Brock) would be closer IMO

Mercer has his own comics doesn't he? Don't see why that one wouldn't be allowed.

I haven't read all of them but IIRC he doesn't appear a single time in them it's more something like a prolog story if I'm not mistaken

The Nuul
I think Mercer would stomp him he's just on another level, Venom (Brock) would be closer IMO

I haven't read all of them but IIRC he doesn't appear a single time in them it's more something like a prolog story if I'm not mistaken

I was thinking of Brocks level also but I wasnt sure because I dont read his comics or play that game much.

Omega Vision
Spider-Man vs a well-equipped 3-member Predator Hunting Party?

Omega Vision
I thought it was enough.
I think the rule goes that if they have a comic but are primarily from another medium they aren't considered comic book characters. Darth Vader has probably appeared in over a hundred Star Wars comics but he isn't a comic character.

Parmaniac
I think the rule goes that if they have a comic but are primarily from another medium they aren't considered comic book characters. Darth Vader has probably appeared in over a hundred Star Wars comics but he isn't a comic character.

But the Prototype comics were released before the game evil face

Omega Vision
But the Prototype comics were released before the game evil face
He's still a primarily video game based character.

Parmaniac

NO!!! mad

sad

The Nuul

thumb up

Wei Phoenix
Dr. Doom and Thanos with prep vs Mojo Jojo with no prep. If needed to balance things out a bit more then add Kang or Batman to Doom's team.

JakeTheBank
Captain Falcon vs. Thanos

Etna
Dr. Doom and Thanos with prep vs Mojo Jojo with no prep. If needed to balance things out a bit more then add Kang or Batman to Doom's team.

Yeah i think you need to add Kang or Batman.
Mojo JoJo FTW!!! Go Monkey Go!

Nihilist
With DBZ involved it will only get messy.

Blanket
Originally posted by Nihilist
With DBZ involved it will only get messy. Because of all the blood involved in their battles?

JakeTheBank
If DBZ is brought in, I'd like to see something aside from Goku vs. Superman.

Nihilist
Because of all the blood involved in their battles? One word....Carver.

Blanket
Originally posted by Nihilist
One word....Carver. I'll side with Carvey on that one. smile

Nihilist
I'll side with Carvey on that one. smile laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
Blade vs. Simon Belmont from Castlevania would be cool.

the ninjak
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Blade vs. Simon Belmont from Castlevania would be cool.

Belmont for the win
He did it with a WHIP!

Omega Vision
Alucard (Hellsing) vs Marvel Dracula, Morbius, and Blade.
Originally posted by the ninjak
Belmont for the win
He did it with a WHIP!
Son of a *****! You hit the tip!
laughing out loud

The Nuul
Thread of the week RIGHT HERE!!!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t523999.html

Or this one....

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t523918.html

chomperx9
Thread of the week RIGHT HERE!!!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t523999.html

Or this one....

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t523918.html yay my 2 are the threads of the week Happy Dance

Cartesian Doubt

He'd have more chance against someone like the Thing. Ignore the 85ton handbook crap, The thing is regularly portrayed above that. And he's a hell of a lot more durable than that Tank, in the video. The rock membrane surrounding each of his cells is been demonstrated to be harder than Diamond.

quanchi112
I'd love to have an old school early 80's he-man debate from the cartoon of Skeletor vs. Hordak.

the ninjak
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t525524.html

heh heh

I love Fanfics
Cmon get creative guys

maxivitopowe
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.