Who is more durable? Thor or Captain Marvel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Billy Batson.

Spire
CM.

tideoftime
Think I'd give the edge to CM, in the overall. In a punch'em up, they're equal, more or less. But CM can more readily withstand/resist other forms of attack, and has superior endurance, thanks to Atlas. (Now, Thor utilizing certain power-effects from Mjolner/active divine power can influence this, of course, but in general, under "normal" circumstances...)

roughrider
Perhaps Captain Marvel. He's a creation of mystic energy really - I wonder if his clothing should even get ripped in a fight. While Thor is a living immortal empowered with mystic energy, that ups his durability to great heights.

jasofisc
hasn't thor teleported himself into the heart of a star. If so does CM have a feat to match that?

BattleMage
Thor

Q99
Thor has the same weird thing as Wonder Woman where he's incredibly impact and blast resistant, but it's not *that* hard to make him bleed comparatively speaking by strong people with weapons, which is why he prefers to use Mjolnir to block.

Captain Marvel, on the other hand, has a body that is a magic construct. In the JLA Syndicate Rules storyline he got hit by a tesseract bomb that temporarily turned him inside out, and when he snapped back in place he commented he wasn't sure if even the others there could withstand it like that. Even when he's badly beaten you'll rarely see him bleed. I tend to think of him as being slightly more durable than Superman.

Thor's overall defense may be equal or greater, but in terms of standing there and taking a variety of attacks, Captain Marvel is my bet.

JakeTheBank
I think CM's regen capabilities coupled with his durability put him slightly ahead of Thor.

r0nm0n88
Originally posted by Q99
Thor has the same weird thing as Wonder Woman where he's incredibly impact and blast resistant, but it's not *that* hard to make him bleed comparatively speaking by strong people with weapons, which is why he prefers to use Mjolnir to block.

Captain Marvel, on the other hand, has a body that is a magic construct. In the JLA Syndicate Rules storyline he got hit by a tesseract bomb that temporarily turned him inside out, and when he snapped back in place he commented he wasn't sure if even the others there could withstand it like that. Even when he's badly beaten you'll rarely see him bleed. I tend to think of him as being slightly more durable than Superman.

Thor's overall defense may be equal or greater, but in terms of standing there and taking a variety of attacks, Captain Marvel is my bet.

well put, this is basically how i see it too.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Q99

I concur; very well put. Most of Thor's major feats in that regard are either Silver Age, or an indirect by-product of using some divine power. Like I said further up, in a punch'em up, they are on equal footing, but when taken across the board, CM has the edge, just as he does over WW, some aspects of Supes, and similar characters.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Q99
Thor has the same weird thing as Wonder Woman where he's incredibly impact and blast resistant, but it's not *that* hard to make him bleed comparatively speaking by strong people with weapons lol your talkin about erly classic Thor (and even back then he was more durable then WW)

btw Thor also has HF (even without hammer)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.