Thor vs. Green Lantern (Hal)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BattleMage
The fate of there own universe depends on there victory. The loser dies along with his universe. Who wins?

thanos-prime
Thor

BattleMage
Slight, large majority?

Q99
Thor's hammer absorbs energy, so he's fairly well off against GLs.

A top-shelf GL may be able to get a win, oh... maybe 2 times in 10.

namorsubby
hal

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Q99
Thor's hammer absorbs energy, so he's fairly well off against GLs.

A top-shelf GL may be able to get a win, oh... maybe 2 times in 10.

Hal has shown to do the same.

Mindset
But what energy would Hal be absorbing from Thor?

Q99
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Hal has shown to do the same.

Yea, but absorbing energy doesn't help as much against Thor, since the hammer's the big offense. So Mjolnir absorbing GL blasts is a lot more helpful than a ring's capacity to absorb energy with the right construct.

Prep-Man
Any energy Thor throws at Hal, Hal can absorb. He's done well against mages, so it won't be a problem. Blunt force, Hal has his shields and depending on what era, Hal will do quite well.

IIRC, Thor had problems with dr. spectrum, who is somewhat like a GL.

snoopdogg
Hal Jordan.

I wonder who's gonna have the better movie?

Mindset
Any energy Thor throws at Hal, Hal can absorb. He's done well against mages, so it won't be a problem. Blunt force, Hal has his shields and depending on what era, Hal will do quite well.

IIRC, Thor had problems with dr. spectrum, who is somewhat like a GL. Thor would be using melee for the most part. Hal's absorbing abilities would not be nearly useful enough in this fight.

xJLxKing
It go either way. 5.5/10 for Thor

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Mindset
Thor would be using melee for the most part. Hal's absorbing abilities would not be nearly useful enough in this fight.

Yeah, Thor would be doing mostly that, but Hal can simply block any attacks or remain intangible, if need be. Hal back in the day was very versatile, even trapping enemies inside his ring.

xJLxKing
And now he can duplicate his ring and get more power

Mindset
What's back in the day, pre crisis?

-Pr-
Hal could always just amp his strength.

not saying he'd win, though...

Prep-Man
Originally posted by xJLxKing
And now he can duplicate his ring and get more power

What issue is that? I'm not too impressed with Geoff's Hal.

xJLxKing
bn 6

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Mindset
What's back in the day, pre crisis?

Some pre-crisis and some post crisis.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by xJLxKing
bn 6

ARRGH! Did that just come out?

xJLxKing
No. Just? No? had? yes

tideoftime
A tough one. Thor is not easily taken down, even by very powerful beings. Hal has the willpower of a god, and the ability to make that will manifest. Thor has good defenses. So does Hal. Thor can dish out the whoopass. So can Hal.

Hal has the edge in versatility.

Thor is one of the toughest to take down, and still has some versatility to compliment that.

Fate of the universe at stake...

I'll tentatively go with Thor, 5.5/10, but it really is close; his edge is marginal in this case.

Survivor19
Uhm...
Thor teleports Hal to some star that has radiation that shorts out Hal's reing?

tideoftime
Originally posted by Survivor19
Uhm...
Thor teleports Hal to some star that has radiation that shorts out Hal's reing?

Not likely. Hal could avoid/resist such an attempt, just as Thor could resist a similar attempt to be displaced by Hal.

Like I said: a tough call, given the circumstances...

namorsubby
hal, because he isn't a stinky norweigen.lol

and he gets haircuts......like a real man.

Q99
Doesn't duplicating the ring half the charge?

Making new rings with rings is an old trick, it's just never been a combat trick. Having multiple rings doesn't even necessarily make you stronger, it just makes it so you have a larger reserve.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
Hal could always just amp his strength.

not saying he'd win, though... So could Thor.

-Pr-
Originally posted by quanchi112
So could Thor.

how high?

quanchi112
how high? Ten times.

Omega Vision
how high?
Not as high as Quan thinks most likely.

Omega Vision
Ten times.
Warrior Madness you mean? Doesn't that also count as an intelligence debuff? All in all Thor is better off fighting a GL without WM.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Warrior Madness you mean? Doesn't that also count as an intelligence debuff? All in all Thor is better off fighting a GL without WM. I think his experience and skills will do him well and good by doing what comes natural with his hammer. If Thor goes warrior madness Hal dies very quickly.

-Pr-
Ten times.

how?

quanchi112
how? Warrior madness. His strength increases ten fold when he enters warrior madness/berserker mode.

-Pr-
Warrior madness. His strength increases ten fold when he enters warrior madness/berserker mode.

so why doesn't he do it more often then?

quanchi112
so why doesn't he do it more often then? Because he loses control and values lives. By definition warrior madness isn't giving your enemy quarter. It's something he was punished for by Odin when he entered this state against Warlock.

Spire
and him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Spire
and him. Of course he was ashamed of his actions. He went into his Hulk battle though knowing full well he could get lost in combat and enter this mode which ended up happening.

Spire
What?

quanchi112
What? Figures.

Spire
Was hoping you would clarify this:

Of course he was ashamed of his actions.

quanchi112
Was hoping you would clarify this: What did I tell pr about his actions?

-Pr-
Because he loses control and values lives. By definition warrior madness isn't giving your enemy quarter. It's something he was punished for by Odin when he entered this state against Warlock.

so why would he do it against hal?

quanchi112
so why would he do it against hal? If he loses himself in combat it's always a possibility.

-Pr-
If he loses himself in combat it's always a possibility.

so hal is more likely to amp his strength than thor is?

quanchi112
so hal is more likely to amp his strength than thor is? I don't see either doing so for a majority of the times. I don't see Hal amping himself to a level Thor couldn't beat straight up anyways.

Spire
WM can also work against him.

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_BadJudgement.jpg

quanchi112

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_BadJudgement.jpg Because of balder's statement? When has Thor been defeated in wm mode? What ended up happening to Warlock in that arc? Did he win or get stomped?

Spire
Because of balder's statement? When has Thor been defeated in wm mode? What ended up happening to Warlock in that arc? Did he win or get stomped?

Your totally not trying to downplay anything. thumb up

quanchi112
Your totally not trying to downplay anything. thumb up That was Balder's statement which proves what exactly? Thor absolutely raped him. We have never seen Thor in warrior madness lose like Balder claimed MIGHT happen which didn't happen.

Spire
That was Balder's statement which proves what exactly?

Read the bubble.

quanchi112
Read the bubble. I read it multiple times.

Spire
I read it multiple times.

Did you understand it?

quanchi112
Did you understand it? What's your point? Tell me exactly why you put up the scan?

Spire
What's your point? Tell me exactly why you put up the scan?

It's a pretty simple how things work. You should have the hang of it by now. Here is the question again:

Did you understand it?

quanchi112
It's a pretty simple how things work. You should have the hang of it by now. Here is the question again: It's a scan in which I replied. What is it that I am not understanding or getting? Putting up a scan and then saying I was referring to something else when you didn't even say why you put the scan up in the first place is rather a problem on your end. It's the internet explain yourself. It's poor debating.

Spire
It's a scan in which I replied. What is it that I am not understanding or getting? Putting up a scan and then saying I was referring to something else when you didn't even say why you put the scan up in the first place is rather a problem on your end. It's the internet explain yourself. It's poor debating.

More dodging. facepalm

Again:

Did you understand it?

quanchi112
More dodging. facepalm

Again: I understand the scan, yes. What was your point?

Spire
I understand the scan, yes. What was your point?

The point is, if you read the scan and understand it, there really isn't anything to talk about considering how straight forward it is.

Kris Blaze
Thor only has to direct his hammer at Hal and suck in that energy. Seeing as Hal can't even stop the manhunters from doing it, he'd be hard pressed to stop Mjolnir smile

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_BadJudgement.jpg
How is that a scan of bad judgement, or how does it work against him in any way?

quanchi112
The point is, if you read the scan and understand it, there really isn't anything to talk about considering how straight forward it is. Always a straight forward answer. You really aren't a very good debater and won't even man up and answer the question. Ten times his strength though is pretty unfair for those he fights in this state.

Spire
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Thor only has to direct his hammer at Hal and suck in that energy. Seeing as Hal can't even stop the manhunters from doing it, he'd be hard pressed to stop Mjolnir smile

How is that a scan of bad judgement, or how does it work against him in any way?

Probably, being in warrior 'madness'. Balder is clearly saying such.

Thor might kill when not needed or might be defeated by a weaker foe.

Slaanesh
Hal for majority..

quanchi112

Thor might kill when not needed or might be defeated by a weaker foe. But he wasn't defeated by a weaker foe. Not once. You posting someone else's opinion when we saw the direct opposite is ridiculous. Why even post it.

Kris Blaze

Thor might kill when not needed or might be defeated by a weaker foe.
Yeah, but we've never seen this stuff go down. From what we've seen, Thor's gotten a hella stronger in combat. Though he might unnecessarily kill, that's something which won't matter in a forum fight. Thor would never go Warrior Madness against hal though.

Spire
Yeah, but we've never seen this stuff go down. From what we've seen, Thor's gotten a hella stronger in combat. Though he might unnecessarily kill, that's something which won't matter in a forum fight. Thor would never go Warrior Madness against hal though.

I know, but it doesn't mean we just discard it. The possibility is there.

Is that not the whole point of WM and why Asgardians shouldn't go into it...?

quanchi112

Is that not the whole point of WM and why Asgardians shouldn't go into it...? Because it goes against everything they stand for maybe. They don't go around raping and murdering their opponents when beaten do they?

Kris Blaze

Is that not the whole point of WM and why Asgardians shouldn't go into it...?
It's because it's pretty disgraceful to lose control or whether or not you kill someone or somesuch. Makes no sense seeing as Odin has killed people for -nothing- but them's the breaks. One comment by Balder about how guys in WM might get defeated by weaker opponents does not suddenly mean that we should start assuming Thor will lose when he loses control, seeing as how he's done far better in WM no expression

Spire
It's because it's pretty disgraceful to lose control or whether or not you kill someone or somesuch. Makes no sense seeing as Odin has killed people for -nothing- but them's the breaks. One comment by Balder about how guys in WM might get defeated by weaker opponents does not suddenly mean that we should start assuming Thor will lose when he loses control, seeing as how he's done far better in WM no expression

OK, but the focus really isn't 'defeated by weaker foe', its 'judgement' and 'madness'.

quanchi112
OK, but the focus really isn't 'defeated by weaker foe', its 'judgement' and 'madness'. That's Balder's opinion and since we saw the latter true it's pretty cut and dry. On panel opinions are tossed aside when we see on panel actions.

That's like saying the colts can lose with their unbridled confidence to see them go on to win the sbowl and act like that opinion is anything other than an opinion.

-Pr-
I don't see either doing so for a majority of the times. I don't see Hal amping himself to a level Thor couldn't beat straight up anyways.

he's amped himself to superman level before. add that to his ring slinging and thor would be in for a hell of a fight.

quanchi112
he's amped himself to superman level before. add that to his ring slinging and thor would be in for a hell of a fight. Thor's taken on beings stronger than and more durable than Superman.

-Pr-
Thor's taken on beings stronger than and more durable than Superman.

he's also lost to beings less strong and less durable than superman. its the nature of comics.

quanchi112
he's also lost to beings less strong and less durable than superman. its the nature of comics. On kmc he is at his best. If Thor is going balls to the wall Hal is in trouble. If he is fighting typical Thor vs. hero it's much closer. When we see Thor go all out with the power at his disposal he's too powerful for most top tiers to handle.

I still give the nod to Thor though. He trashed Gladiator the moment he decided not to hold back.

-Pr-
On kmc he is at his best. If Thor is going balls to the wall Hal is in trouble. If he is fighting typical Thor vs. hero it's much closer. When we see Thor go all out with the power at his disposal he's too powerful for most top tiers to handle.

I still give the nod to Thor though. He trashed Gladiator the moment he decided not to hold back.

so is hal, though.

quanchi112
so is hal, though. Hal might be a pain in the ass but Thor is on a whole other level power wise. You don't want to piss off the thunder god.

Spire
That's Balder's opinion and since we saw the latter true it's pretty cut and dry. On panel opinions are tossed aside when we see on panel actions.

That's like saying the colts can lose with their unbridled confidence to see them go on to win the sbowl and act like that opinion is anything other than an opinion.

You can toss aside whatever you want. Judgment problems come with WM.

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_Thor166-14.jpg http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_Thor166-16.jpg

quanchi112

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_Thor166-14.jpg http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_Thor166-16.jpg Yes, he doesn't show mercy and lacks compassion. It doesn't make him any weaker it makes him more dangerous as a Thor not holding back is an absolute monster.

Spire
Yes, he doesn't show mercy and lacks compassion. It doesn't make him any weaker it makes him more dangerous as a Thor not holding back is an absolute monster.

I noticed how you dodged the whole 'judgment' point.

celeyhyga17
Thor 5.8/10

Kris Blaze

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_Thor166-14.jpg http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_Thor166-16.jpg
Like I said earlier, it still only mentions how he would have killed someone he should not. Makes not a lick of difference on the board.
he's also lost to beings less strong and less durable than superman. its the nature of comics.
Has not.

And Hal has never amped himself to be as strong and durable as Superman.

quanchi112
I noticed how you dodged the whole 'judgment' point. No, I agreed his judgment is off. The problem is he is less merciful which isn't how Thor normally operates. Thor hasn't been beaten once while in this mode so Balder's statement he might lose is just a statement from Balder. no expression

r0nm0n88
Ultimately we cant say that Warrior madness is a negative because in a forum battle it really isnt. Its like turning on blood lust, and making him 10 times stronger. In a comic it might be a negative due to the plot. But in a forum battle it will only help. Yet, i think in a forum battle it shouldnt be used unless the original poster has stated that thor is in this form.

With that said. I think Thor wins this one, Thor is to powerful, dont get me wrong. Hal is a powerful guy to, but thor is just to much in my opinion. He should win 7 or 8/10.

Tazer
Yo.

And Hal has never amped himself to be as strong and durable as Superman.

he mustve done so when he beat on Mongul.......

Tazer

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

he mustve done so when he beat on Mongul.......

Tazer
I have a hard time believing Hal was anywhere near Superman's level when he was barely able to beat Mongul. It takes a bit more than Mongul with a fancy armour and hammer to suddenly reach Superman's physique. Cyborg Supes also humbled Mongul with like one arm.

Desaad
I have a hard time believing Hal was anywhere near Superman's level when he was barely able to beat Mongul. It takes a bit more than Mongul with a fancy armour and hammer to suddenly reach Superman's physique. Cyborg Supes also humbled Mongul with like one arm.

Mongul is yellow. Hal's ring didn't work on anything that was yellow, and he still beat a guy who was totally yellow and on Superman's basic level.

That's insane.

Blanket

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_Thor166-14.jpg http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_Thor166-16.jpg Ya, the judgement call to spare a downed opponent... such a problem.

TheKahn
Thor 7/ or 8/10

The start of this fight is going to be relatively even and would take a very long time to finish. Both have an insane amount of versatility and firepower at their disposal thanks to their weapons. That being said, I see Hal going down for the majority thanks to one simple factor: he only has human stamina. Sooner or later, through no fault of his own, Hal's concentration and willpower will begin to falter. Once that happens, Thor will be able to get in through Hal's defenses and end the fight.

Tazer
Yo.

actually, BEFORE he did that Hal pumped/amped up his body w/g.e., which is wat allowed him to go mano-a-mano w/Mongul.........and it wasnt the 1st time he'd done that either.

Tazer

Kris Blaze
actually, BEFORE he did that Hal pumped/amped up his body w/g.e., which is wat allowed him to go mano-a-mano w/Mongul.........and it wasnt the 1st time he'd done that either.
Originally posted by Desaad
Mongul is yellow. Hal's ring didn't work on anything that was yellow, and he still beat a guy who was totally yellow and on Superman's basic level.

That's insane.

Mongul isn't on Superman's level. It's pretty simple smile

iceman24567
Originally posted by Desaad

That's insane. laughing

Starscream M
Mongul isn't on Superman's level. It's pretty simple smile strength-wise and durability wise, he's pretty close. no expression

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Starscream M
strength-wise and durability wise, he's pretty close. no expression
Nope. Especially not durability wise.

Tazer
Yo.

Mongul isn't on Superman's level. It's pretty simple smile

Nope. Especially not durability wise.

ok, so wat's the reasoning that he isnt?

Tazer

OneDumbG0
Hal's had a few decent showings against Superman level beings. But we don't highball him anymore than we lowball Thor.

Thor 7 or 8/10.

Omega Vision
Yo.

ok, so wat's the reasoning that he isnt?

Tazer
Without his rings Mongul is like Apocalypse without the TP.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Without his rings Mongul is like Apocalypse without the TP.

ok, aside from not knowing Apok *had* tp Id still like to know why KB thinks Mongul isnt on Supe's level in either STR or durability........

Tazer

Starscream M

ok, aside from not knowing Apok *had* tp Id still like to know why KB thinks Mongul was on Supe's level in either STR or durability........

he doesn't think that.

Tazer
Yo.

fixed it

Tazer

quanchi112
Originally posted by Blanket
Ya, the judgement call to spare a downed opponent... such a problem. laughing out loud

chomperx9
Thor vs Green Lantern Jordan

who takes the win ?

AsbestosFlaygon
Thor gets trapped in a microverse inside the ring

Black bolt z
Thor wins.

Enyalus
Thor absorbs teh energiez!

Wild Shadow
thor drains the ring...easy win

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
thor drains the ring...easy win Not that easy But Thor Should win... wink

chomperx9
Originally posted by Enyalus
Thor absorbs teh energiez! you say that like bishop could probably absorb the energy from the ring to that its just regular old every day energy. i mean its the most powerful energy in the universe. im sure the energy source from the main lantern that provides the rings powers has some kinda protection over that.

Slaanesh
Hal win

Wild Shadow
no one is talking about Bishop here. ninja unless he plans on jumping in out of nowhere.

anyways the rings have bn drained various times by various ppl.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
no one is talking about Bishop here. ninja unless he plans on jumping in out of nowhere.

anyways the rings have bn drained various times by various ppl.
Its Chomper talking.

Badabing
Been done. Merging.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Enyalus
Its Chomper talking. wow your smart

Enyalus
Originally posted by chomperx9
wow your smart
As brilliant as a million exploding suns, yes.

OneDumbG0
Thor = hammer.

Hal = nail.

Thor 7/10.

Hal, because he's cooler

OneDumbG0
^ Cooler to the touch once he's a corpse you mean... whistle

JakeTheBank
Thor 6-7/10

fight_troop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor 6-7/10

of course you would say that you thor fanboy but what i wont understand is when da f^ck are you going to put already a thor signature and stop puting on supermans since you are the oposite of a superman fan

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by fight_troop
of course you would say that you thor fanboy but what i wont understand is when da f^ck are you going to put already a thor signature and stop puting on supermans since you are the oposite of a superman fan

no expression

Thor has the physical strength to break through constructs as well as a weapon that can absorb and rechannel energy. Not to mention his powers are based in magic, something GL rings are typically shown to be less effective against. I'm not being a fanboy about it all, yet you seem to have this need to call people out and try to verbally attack them for their opinion.

And this sig I'm currently using is one of Mister Majestic, not of Superman. erm

Starscream M
of course you would say that you thor fanboy but what i wont understand is when da f^ck are you going to put already a thor signature and stop puting on supermans since you are the oposite of a superman fan lol thats actually pretty funny

Starscream M

And this sig I'm currently using is one of Mister Majestic, not of Superman. erm he's basically a superman clone, isn't he? and he looks exactly like superman.

Original Smurph
he's basically a superman clone, isn't he? and he looks exactly like superman. He's similar in power set (though not the same), and he vastly differs in personality. It's entirely possible to have a sig showing that you're a fan of one of them without it being implied that you're a fan of the other (regardless of whether that's true or not).

Starscream M
Originally posted by Original Smurph
He's similar in power set (though not the same), and he vastly differs in personality. It's entirely possible to have a sig showing that you're a fan of one of them without it being implied that you're a fan of the other (regardless of whether that's true or not). yeah but if I rock a character's sig, I shouldn't be always arguing against that character...that would be odd

Original Smurph
yeah but if I rock a character's sig, I shouldn't be always arguing against that character...that would be odd No, it would be odd to argue for that character based solely on the fact that you had him in your sig.

That, brucey, is called fanboyism.

you're already back? that was quick

ozz81
regular thor vs hal jordan , both at best who wins and how?

cdtm
Hal wins, with ease.

JakeTheBank
Thor 7-8/10.

Cogito
Thor 7-8/10.

marvelmadness13
Thor 8/10.

cdtm
Originally posted by cdtm
Hal wins, with ease.

Slaanesh
Thor 6-7/10..

abhilegend
Thor 7/10.

abhilegend
Originally posted by cdtm
Hal wins, with ease.
hysterical

gogogadgetgo
Thor 8/10

Prep-Man
Toss up.

Scoobless
Thor will...
Toss up.

... his hammer and it will come down and crush Hal's head.

smile

Prep-Man
Not before Hal goes intangible! stick out tongue

Scoobless

Cos that worked so well for Vision and others?

stick out tongue

Prep-Man
Nah, but he has dodged attacks through that method.

iceman24567
Thor

cdtm

Nah, Hal can just Krona bust him.

From behind. big grin

Thing thing about GL's, is that have pretty major tactical advantages between auto shields that can take attacks even Supermans durability would have trouble with, the ability to form an army of constructs at the same time, and attacks that can come at any angle, all which can travel at trans warp speeds.

quanchi112
Thor wins because I am just too afraid to argue against the majority.

DARTH POWER
Definetely Thor

bbrem123
thor

cdtm
Thor wins because I am just too afraid to argue against the majority.

Mindset didn't comment, so majority opinion doesn't count. wink

Prep-Man
Didn't PR say we could use pre-crisis examples?

Rage.Of.Olympus
No one cares what Paul said.

Thor 7/10.

cdtm
Meh, all that matters is Kyle beats Hal, Thor, and Superman.

So whatever.

zeel
thor wins 7/10 at least. Thor is built to kill green lanterns. He can take any thing hal can dish out and on top of that hes a top tier brick.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>