Why no Harley?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
We've had 3 movies with Joker, one was in the 60's when Harley Quinn wasn't around, but since there were 2 more movies with the Joker and yet there was no Harley Quinn and I dunno if I can count that lady in the 89 batman as Harley since she was nothing like her...I don't get it, how come whenever we get Joker we don't get Harley Quinn? She's a great character and she brings humor to the table and she's quite evil and menacing. I'd say maybe the producers/directors are worried that maybe she's too soft and makes the joker seem less...intense and less evil but I dunno, thats just a guess. Fans I'm sure would love to see Harley. I dunno now if it's too late since Heath is dead and we may not have Joker again (I said MAY not NEVER), not sure if you can have Harley on her own but it could work perhaps. Still the question still stands...why no harley quinn?

First_Tsurugi06
IIRC There's supposed to be some CG movie called Arkham (which I'm guessing takes place afer TDK) with her in it. I've only yet seen that teaser trailer.

Probably not good enough I know, but it's the closest thing I can think of.

steverules_2
Still thats a straight to DVD thing and don't think Nolan is involved, she deserves to be on the big screen, dunno who could play her though...thats the part where I get stuck on idea's

Bat Dude
1. Harley wasn't created yet in 1989, so you can't expect her to be in it.

and

2. Harley Quinn sucks (no offense)

Paola
^ no she doesn't

Originally posted by steverules_2
...and yet there was no Harley Quinn and I dunno if I can count that lady in the 89 batman as Harley since she was nothing like her...

I absolutely agree with every single word in your post but this part is bugging me... by '89 Batman' you mean that Burton/Keaton/Basinger/Nicholson movie?

BruceSkywalker
Harley's opportunity was The Dark Knight.. I can not foresee her at all in Batman 3 or Batman 4...

Originally posted by Paola
^ no she doesn't

I absolutely agree with every single word in your post but this part is bugging me... by '89 Batman' you mean that Burton/Keaton/Basinger/Nicholson movie?

yes

steverules_2
^ no she doesn't

Yeah thats what I meant by 89 batman, dunno why but thats just how I always referred to it

I'm gonna be 100% honest and say I wasn't sure when she was created and that lady we saw with the white face seemed to me to be Harley or...least a really bad representation of her

Paola
oooh you mean Joker's girl... Jerry Hall?

yeah, that's absolutely no Harley Quinn schmoll

Badabing
I thought Harley's first appearance was in the Batman TAS and then she was adapted to comics? If so, that would put her out of any Batman film prior to the early/mid 90's.

She wasn't in TDK because Joker was a noob and had never been to Arkham. He had no psych treatments as yet in the movies.

I'm guessing it would have taken too long to incorporate her into TDK. They focused on Joker and Two Face as the villains. If the Joker appears in another Batman movie then we could see Harley.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Badabing
I thought Harley's first appearance was in the Batman TAS and then she was adapted to comics? If so, that would put her out of any Batman film prior to the early/mid 90's.

She wasn't in TDK because Joker was a noob and had never been to Arkham. He had no psych treatments as yet in the movies.

I'm guessing it would have taken too long to incorporate her into TDK. They focused on Joker and Two Face as the villains. If the Joker appears in another Batman movie then we could see Harley.

I think the only way we'd get joker again is if there was another reboot but i dunno...maybe we'll get joker again played by someone else

oooh you mean Joker's girl... Jerry Hall?

yeah, that's absolutely no Harley Quinn schmoll

Yeah her...she did have a sorta HQ look about her but I wasn't sure...was closest thing we ever really had to HQ in the batman movies

BruceSkywalker
I think the only way we'd get joker again is if there was another reboot but i dunno...maybe we'll get joker again played by someone else

i wouldn't expect to see joker return until another 10 to 20 years from now... harley then as well

steverules_2
I'll be old by then

BruceSkywalker
I'll be old by then

well find ra's al ghul's lazarus pit.. stick out tongue

steverules_2
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
well find ra's al ghul's lazarus pit.. stick out tongue

In 20 years time chances are you'll have in there and God knows what you'll have done in there...chances are it would involve you and no swimming trunk sick

I think I'll take my chances with growing old stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
In 20 years time chances are you'll have in there and God knows what you'll have done in there...chances are it would involve you and no swimming trunk sick

I think I'll take my chances with growing old stick out tongue

i will swim the english channel.. stick out tongue

but really though Harley was one of a trillion rumors regarding TDK and i am sure the rumor will pop up again during B3

steverules_2
Who could play her I wonder?

BruceSkywalker
Who could play her I wonder?

there are so many choices out there

steverules_2
There any in particular?

Scythe
I thought maybe Brittany Murphy, but she's dead. Not trying to be mean either, I would have liked to see her be Harley.

steverules_2
Yeah she coulda done it well, she's got a Harley look about her as well

Ridley_Prime
Indeed.. It's a shame as to what happened to her. sad

steverules_2
I could picture her as Harley as well, it's a shame that she died at such a young age

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.