King Hyperion vs Captain Marvel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Billy doesn't hold back when he see's how nasty this guy is.

Who wins and why?

KingD19
Cap, mainly because he's more established, and has more showings, etc...

Q99
King Hyperion. Mainly because there's not much Billy can do to actually *stop* him. Breaking the neck? No. Pounding? No, two Hyperions at once merely held him off.

It's a long fight but Hype is very difficult to injure and most injuries are worthless against him. He's not even a bad fighter either. It's just a matter of time before Billy loses, unfortunately.

KingD19
What?? What can Hyperion do to stop Marvel? Cap Marvel is the guy who fights Superman and Black Adam, 2 of the top physical threats in the DCU.

Injuring Cap is difficult as well.

Q99
Originally posted by KingD19
What?? What can Hyperion do to stop Marvel? Cap Marvel is the guy who fights Superman and Black Adam, 2 of the top physical threats in the DCU.

Injuring Cap is difficult as well.

Note this is *King* Hyperion, from EXiles. He's not like normal Hyperion, he's a lot more dangerous. King Hyperion's quickly recovered from having his neck snapped, having 2 tons of sand teleported inside of him, and having Mimic in colossus-form hit him at half the speed of light. He killed every hero on his planet, from Thor to Hulk and on. He was fighting two other Hyperions at once (including the normal Hyperion) and doing fine. He's just as tough as a normal Hyperion to injure, except if you hurt him, it barely does anything as he just heals it, he runs on full power constantly, and all in all he's just crazy.

King Hyperion's above everyone you mentioned.

KingD19
King Hyperion is above 3 of the physically strongest/most durable beings in the DCU??? And I read the Exiles, I know who he is.

Q99
King Hyperion is above 3 of the physically strongest/most durable beings in the DCU??? And I read the Exiles, I know who he is.

Yes. If he was in DC, they'd send the whole league against him.

Superman or or Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel fighting him is a degrading stalemate. Both sides are hitting at roughly similar force (possibly more- KH's flash vision seemed a lot stronger than normal Hyperion's too), except King Hyperion is recovering damage he takes about as fast as he gets it. Eventually one side's beat up and the other isn't.

KingD19
You do realize that Marvel tends to operate at a lower level, and considering Hype is a Superman clone, I don't think he beats him, especially going by feats. If we go by feats, then Hype gets mauled.

Q99
You do realize that Marvel tends to operate at a lower level, and considering Hype is a Superman clone, I don't think he beats him, especially going by feats.

Some of Marvel does. The high power stuff can still go toe-to-toe with DC stuff.

Normal Hyperion is a bit below Supes, being a clone. King Hyperion is a significantly more powerful version of Normal Hyperion who's able to fight two normal ones at once.

King Hyperion's "take out all the world's heroes" feat is incredibly impressive, not to mention his "rapid recovering from almost any damage he does take".

KH's not around for long so of course he doesn't have the wide arsenal of feats, but he's still clearly really scary, really powerful, and really hard to hurt in a way that sticks.

KingD19
SBP was hard to take down too.

Blanket
All the stuff Hype healed from, he was taken out of battle long enough for it to be counted as a win here... unless we have Billy standing around waiting for Hype to heal a theoretical broken neck... or get up after being KO'ed temporarily from Mimic...

manx422
Cap

quanchi112
King Hyperion wins.

Newjak
Captain Marvel wins, KH was way overrated.

He got knocked out by a half-lightspeed, class 75 attack from someone with half of Colossus' durability.

He fended of two Hyperions because he had a temporary power up from sniffing Holocaust.

And with the help of Rogue who was borrowing from his power was unable to fend off a meteor. A meteor I might add that someone like Thor, Superman, Billy, Silver Surfer would have destroyed on their own.

JakeTheBank
The Big Red Cheese wins this one.

Q99
Originally posted by Blanket
All the stuff Hype healed from, he was taken out of battle long enough for it to be counted as a win here... unless we have Billy standing around waiting for Hype to heal a theoretical broken neck... or get up after being KO'ed temporarily from Mimic...

The broken neck didn't take him out of the fight at all, he one-shotted the person who did it a few seconds later.

The half-lightspeed several ton projectile? He was out maybe 5 seconds and recovered to full shape, enough to go toe-to-toe with two Hyperions at once.

I mean, yea, I guess if you count that stuff as a 'win', then Billy will 'win'. I wouldn't count something like that, it was pretty short term and he had full recoveries. His big strength is his ability to bounce back from practically everything if given even a small chance.

Omega Vision
The only way for Billy to pull a convincing win is to fight on a level he hasn't before seeing as by what I've seen and heard of KH he's on another level than Current Superman, more of a match for KC Superman or perhaps KC Cap, not regular Cap.
King probably wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
The broken neck didn't take him out of the fight at all, he one-shotted the person who did it a few seconds later.

The half-lightspeed several ton projectile? He was out maybe 5 seconds and recovered to full shape, enough to go toe-to-toe with two Hyperions at once.

I mean, yea, I guess if you count that stuff as a 'win', then Billy will 'win'. I wouldn't count something like that, it was pretty short term and he had full recoveries. His big strength is his ability to bounce back from practically everything if given even a small chance. Correct the borken neck didn't really do a damn thing.

carver9
King hyperion 10/10, this is a none fight. The guy destroyed earths heros TWICE by himself and then it was stated by the narrator that he killed his universe Galactus. He fought two hyperions that was trying to kill him and defeated them while taking on the exiles.

Can someone show me a high herald getting hit in the back of the head at half the speed of light and being ok by someone with colossus durability and 75 ton strength. That should either KILL that person or knock them out.

I cant see any high herald doing anything CLOSE to the feats that King hyperion has (destroying two universe full of heros by himself). That was some Superman Prime sh** that he did.

King hyperion wins this every time with a smile on his face.

iceman24567
Billy punches Hyperion into a coma then waits for him to wake up just to do it again.

Q99
King Hyperion's going to be hitting back, and he's a fairly smart fighter too, the same trick rarely works twice. As it goes on, Batson gets worn down, and King Hyperion doesn't.

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Billy punches Hyperion into a coma then waits for him to wake up just to do it again.

This will never happen. Everything about King hyperion is>>>Captain Marvel.

tkitna
King Hyperion wins this

carver9
In a steam roll. He might could repeat what he did with the Hyperions and take on two Captain Marvels including the exiles.

The guy was on a entirely different level and proved it by destroying two earths and killing all of the heros/villians physically before doing it.

Blanket
Originally posted by carver9
In a steam roll. He might could repeat what he did with the Hyperions and take on two Captain Marvels including the exiles.

The guy was on a entirely different level and proved it by destroying two earths and killing all of the heros/villians physically before doing it. Two Captain Billys...

Proved it by defeating heroes off panel who had no feats themselves?

You let Surfer run around in a universe like that and he's not even getting stumbled once. Let alone blown up... wait, wasn't that Gambit?

Samurai_X

Samurai_X
This will never happen. Everything about King hyperion is>>>Captain Marvel. Including getting killed by Gambit right? Billy breaks Hyperion in half then throws his dead body into the sun

Q99
Originally posted by Samurai_X
Including getting killed by Gambit right? Billy breaks Hyperion in half then throws his dead body into the sun

Note that was after his spine was already shot through with his own flash vision, and he regenerated from it.

Breaking KH in half would probably be like the broken neck thing- temporary inconvenience, he realigns himself and keeps fighting.

thanos-prime
CM

-Pr-
Nothing about Hyperion made me think he was THAT special. Billy should take it, imo.

carver9
Originally posted by Samurai_X
Including getting killed by Gambit right? Billy breaks Hyperion in half then throws his dead body into the sun

Gambit charged up the mkraan crystal with his power and stabbed him. confused

Hyperion flies up to billy and punch his head clean off with a smile on his face.

If he can school two hyperion including the exiles and also destroy every hero/villian on the face of the planet, along with physically dominating the brother hood EASILY along with one shotting vision then he should have enough power to physically beat the hell out of billy in two panels. This is a none fight.

carver9
Hell, hyperions feats alone is>Billy. I could post one feat of him flying through the sun making it go Supernova and him flying out without a scratch. That would beat anything Captain Marvel has done his entire career.

iceman24567
thumb up leave out the context to make Hyperion look better than he was.

carver9
thumb up leave out the context to make Hyperion look better than he was.

What context was that? I can add more if you want. He killed his universes galactus. He also killed every being on the face of the planet TWICE and was about to do it a 3rd time until he was stopped. He got a ton of sand teleported in his body and was ok in 3 panels.

He schooled holocaust in 2 panels, a being that was described as an omega level threat and a being that handled XMAN (nate grey). The exiles or even the beings that watched the universe said that there wasnt a way to stop him so they had to bfr him and again, he took on and defeated TWO hyperions, the same hyperions that gave thor, gladiator, and hulk a fight. The same Hyperions that has on panel feats of fighting at nanoseconds.

-Pr-
What context was that? I can add more if you want. He killed his universes galactus. He also killed every being on the face of the planet TWICE and was about to do it a 3rd time until he was stopped. He got a ton of sand teleported in his body and was ok in 3 panels.

He schooled holocaust in 2 panels, a being that was described as an omega level threat and a being that handled XMAN (nate grey). The exiles or even the beings that watched the universe said that there wasnt a way to stop him so they had to bfr him and again, he took on and defeated TWO hyperions, the same hyperions that gave thor, gladiator, and hulk a fight. The same Hyperions that has on panel feats of fighting at nanoseconds.

how did he kill galactus?

how many on panel showings of him killing heroes are there?

holocaust is nothing billy couldn't handle.

the exiles aren't exactly the most powerful super-team.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
how did he kill galactus?

how many on panel showings of him killing heroes are there?

holocaust is nothing billy couldn't handle.

the exiles aren't exactly the most powerful super-team.

Well, it didnt show him killing galactus but the narrator mentioned it which would mean that its hyperbole.

His entire showing had him killing every hero that he faced. They showed him physically crushing the entire group of Brother hood with ease. .

They showed him crushing hulk, the fantastic four, xmen, thor, the avengers, etc.... with physical might ending with him choking thor to death. The thing about it was that they all ganged on him and caught him off guard and he still crushed them

Then he arrived at tower and fought two hyperions, defeated them and the exiles until blink teleported sand into him and bfred him back to his homeworld.

Billy has no chance in this fight and I dont think anyone on this forum would agree with you that billy can take on and beat the exiles and 2 hyperions or even repeat 1/10 of the feats that Hyperion has. Superman Prime did the same thing and you all gave him credit, why not give Hype what he deserves.

-Pr-
Well, it didnt show him killing galactus but the narrator mentioned it which would mean that its hyperbole.

His entire showing had him killing every hero that he faced. They showed him physically crushing the entire group of Brother hood with ease. .

They showed him crushing hulk, the fantastic four, xmen, thor, the avengers, etc.... with physical might ending with him choking thor to death. The thing about it was that they all ganged on him and caught him off guard and he still crushed them

Then he arrived at tower and fought two hyperions, defeated them and the exiles until blink teleported sand into him and bfred him back to his homeworld.

Billy has no chance in this fight and I dont think anyone on this forum would agree with you that billy can take on and beat the exiles and 2 hyperions or even repeat 1/10 of the feats that Hyperion has. Superman Prime did the same thing and you all gave him credit, why not give Hype what he deserves.

did they show all that on panel?

because that's all that counts. physically showing it.

i read the exiles issues. he wasn't that impressive to me when compared to billy.

JakeTheBank
Are there any scans of said feats?

carver9
did they show all that on panel?

because that's all that counts. physically showing it.

i read the exiles issues. he wasn't that impressive to me when compared to billy.

Check out his respect thread, its all on there and yes, it was shown on panel.

I dont understand why you werent impressed by him, he has done something that billy nor any other high herald could do, take on two hyperions and defeat them while smiling (which was also shown on panel). Again, one Hyperion alone gave Thor, Gladiator, and Hulk (along with others) problems, two should curb stomp them.

Billy isnt winning this fight.

carver9
They even showed magneto trying to use his powers on him to no avail and then hyperion grabbing him, flying him out of orbit, then burning his face off. It was a none fight, he crushed everyone who got in his way. He even took out vision in one panel. Someone who has stalemated surfer, beat the super skrull, defeated terrax, have a good showing against firelord. Injured the juggernaut and had him screaming.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, those scans are disabled

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yeah, those scans are disabled

Well it has been said throughout this thread and every other thread from almost anyone that read the arc. All of those feats belong to him and power level wise, he is around Superman primes level if again, we go by his feats.

-Pr-
Check out his respect thread, its all on there and yes, it was shown on panel.

I dont understand why you werent impressed by him, he has done something that billy nor any other high herald could do, take on two hyperions and defeat them while smiling (which was also shown on panel). Again, one Hyperion alone gave Thor, Gladiator, and Hulk (along with others) problems, two should curb stomp them.

Billy isnt winning this fight.

i don't think his fight was what you claim it was, personally.

carver9
i don't think his fight was what you claim it was, personally.

What fight? And I'm not the only one saying what I mentioned either, hyperion split Vision in half with his cosmic vision. Wolverine tried to cut him but his claws bounce off his body and wolverine then gets cosmic blasted. Then magneto tries to mess with his blood but it doesnt work, he gets grabbed, then gets flown out of space and then get his face burrned out by the cosmic vision.

Then a couple of comics after that, he invades the brother hood base in space and kills all of them.

Then he finds a new earth, take control of that earth. He thens hold a 100 people captive and ask the president to surrender to him or he's going to kill the humans. Instead of the president showing up, hulk and firestar show up. He beat hulk to death in like two panels along with firestar and then cosmic vision him.

Then he gets surprised attacked by the xmen, fantastic four, avengers (which included thor) along with other heros. He defeats ALL of them and end it by snapping thors neck.

A couple of comics after that, holocaust attacks him, he grabs holocaust fist and then suck ALL of the energy of holocaust completely out of his shell by using his nose. It was stated that he sucked up a nuke. The exiles try to stall him but he toys with them. Two hyperion shows up, he defeats them and Mimic end up turning into steel. He then flies at a King Hyperion that is talking to blink at 93000 mps and balls up and hit hyperion in the back of the head at those speeds temporarily stuning him but almost killing mimic.

He then fights two hyperions again and blink teleport a ton of sand in his body. Then he is teleported back home to a deserted planet that was destroyed and didnt have any life.

Q99
Well it has been said throughout this thread and every other thread from almost anyone that read the arc. All of those feats belong to him and power level wise, he is around Superman primes level if again, we go by his feats.

I disagree with that. When he fought the two Hyperions he didn't badly overwhelm them or anything, he was just held off.

I'd say he's more like, a normal Hyperion +10-20% (and competent, if one thing doesn't work he'll try something else), then add his 'just won't die-ness' and pretty much endless endurance. Infinite hit points and not tiring goes a long way to being able to beat anything.

carver9
Originally posted by Q99
I disagree with that. When he fought the two Hyperions he didn't badly overwhelm them or anything, he was just held off.

I'd say he's more like, a normal Hyperion +10-20% (and competent, if one thing doesn't work he'll try something else), then add his 'just won't die-ness' and pretty much endless endurance. Infinite hit points and not tiring goes a long way to being able to beat anything.

But he defeated both of them, they even admitted to being unable of stopping him. The only time they actually took advantage of anything was when that sand was teleported in his body.

Thats why Mimic and Blink interviened because both of the hyperions was down.

Q99
But he defeated both of them, they even admitted to being unable of stopping him. The only time they actually took advantage of anything was when that sand was teleported in his body.

Hm, maybe +30% then. It still took awhile for him to deal with them and they weren't badly hurt, just losing.

carver9
Originally posted by Q99
Hm, maybe +30% then. It still took awhile for him to deal with them and they weren't badly hurt, just losing.

Well, thats true but you also have to look at this, he smiled during the entire battle. He could have killed Mimic, Blink, the entire Exiles if he wanted but he toyed with them.

I dont think he wanted to kill them, especially with that smile he had on his face the entire time and what he was preaching and saying to them throughout the fight. He even asked one of them why they wore shades and took them off of him. confused

He toyed with them and still won.

Q99
I think the smiling was simply because he enjoyed fighting. He toyed with the EXiles because they'd given him more fun than almost anyone, but he sounded annoyed at some parts of the fight (iirc he did not like them pulling alt hims out).

iceman24567
Off panel feats ftl.

The Nuul
Heres the thing...wheres the proof that the Exiles versions are more powerful etc...than the 616 versions?

KH stomped in his Universe buts is that different from stomping in 616? Exiles doesnt have a lot of feats.

xJLxKing
Nice fight, but got to give it to KH. CM is strong, but he is no Superman

The Nuul
Originally posted by The Nuul
Heres the thing...wheres the proof that the Exiles versions are more powerful etc...than the 616 versions?

KH stomped in his Universe buts is that different from stomping in 616? Exiles doesnt have a lot of feats.

Or as powerful?

Newjak
KH beat a bunch of no feat alternate reality versions of characters. I mean in exiles Galactus himself in many incarnations has been beaten numerous times by a number of different people. Exiles Surfer, KH, and even the Exiles themselves have taken down a Galactus.

Once again for the fight KH actually had a boost because he absorbed Holocaust adding to his own power.

Not to mention the reason I mentioned the class 75 half light speed attack is because no offense but mid to high heralders like Thor and Superman are capable of insanely greater attacks.

Thor's hammer throw can go in great access of light speed with planetary strength levels behind it. That attack >>>>>>>>>>>>> then mimic's.

Not to mention I point out again the meteor incident where Hyperion was unable to stop it but I have no doubt that any other top herald level person could have.

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Nice fight, but got to give it to KH. CM is strong, but he is no Superman Marvel's strength has been compared as equal to the man of steel's strength on panel.

iceman24567
Newjak ftw

Q99
Originally posted by Newjak

Once again for the fight KH actually had a boost because he absorbed Holocaust adding to his own power.

I don't think Hyperion has energy absorption powers- I think he snorted Holocaust to show off, and didn't gain anything from it.

iceman24567
Pretty sure Hyperion can absorb energy

Newjak
Originally posted by Q99
I don't think Hyperion has energy absorption powers- I think he snorted Holocaust to show off, and didn't gain anything from it. You are correct he doesn't have official energy absorbtion powers like Silver Surfer but he admits to being like superman in that his cells still absorb energy as a power source for him.

He mentions this when his body was reforming that his cells were soaking up the energy the crystal palace was giving off helping him heal.

I also believe he mentions that Holocaust's energy also gives him the same effect ie it boosts him.

DTM
King Hyperion for the win here, fairly easily to boot.

iceman24567
Captain Marvel rips his spine out and does the tango with it.

Colossus-Big C
Captain Marvel rips his spine out and does the tango with it. no expression

iceman24567
^ Wants to be banned again

Colossus-Big C
^ Wants to be banned again ^
needs to read king hyperion comics roll eyes (sarcastic)

Blanket
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
^
needs to read king hyperion comics roll eyes (sarcastic) <
was not aware King Hyperion had a series.

Colossus-Big C
<
was not aware King Hyperion had a series. laughing out loud

iceman24567
^ Doesn't read any comics

iceman24567
<
was not aware King Hyperion had a series. Little does he know Exiles is the title of the books and i actually do read Exiles even the current bull

Colossus-Big C
^ Doesn't read any comics you know what, nevermine..........

Blanket
Why is it never yours?

Have you even tried to get the comics?

iceman24567
Why is it never yours?

Have you even tried to get the comics? laughing Probably never even been to a comic book store erm

Colossus-Big C
laughing Probably never even been to a comic book store erm really? yawn im not even to argue anymore.
back to the topic.
Captain marvel wins 6/10
but this isnt a easy fight IMO

CosmicComet
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Nice fight, but got to give it to KH. CM is strong, but he is no Superman

Sure he is. You must be substituting him in DD's quote towards J'onn.

But anyway, CM still loses. Supes would too.

carver9
King hyperion 10/10 and this happens in like 2 panels.

kgkg
No way 2 panels damn

iceman24567
Happens in one panel Capt wins via choke

Newjak
Originally posted by Newjak
KH beat a bunch of no feat alternate reality versions of characters. I mean in exiles Galactus himself in many incarnations has been beaten numerous times by a number of different people. Exiles Surfer, KH, and even the Exiles themselves have taken down a Galactus.

Not to mention the reason I mentioned the class 75 half light speed attack is because no offense but mid to high heralders like Thor and Superman are capable of insanely greater attacks.

Thor's hammer throw can go in great access of light speed with planetary strength levels behind it. That attack >>>>>>>>>>>>> then mimic's.

Not to mention I point out again the meteor incident where Hyperion was unable to stop it but I have no doubt that any other top herald level person could have.

carver9
He took over two planets, it doesnt matter if they dont have the feats proving that they are the 616 earths equal, him taking over earth and killing his universe galactus is still a feat that I dont see any high herald doing.

Prime did the same thing so I guess we discredit him also.

Blanket
Nobody brings up Prime's feats from that time... especially since that is nothing compared to his other feats... Plus, he destroyed a planet > destroying an asteroid anyway... erm

You don't see any HH doing that? Check out the Enslavers arc where Surfer defeated a being that did more than that...

I like how you ignored all logic though, and instead went with quantity over quality (ironic since all his quantity was off panel pretty much).

carver9
Nobody brings up Prime's feats from that time... especially since that is nothing compared to his other feats... Plus, he destroyed a planet > destroying an asteroid anyway... erm

You don't see any HH doing that? Check out the Enslavers arc where Surfer defeated a being that did more than that...

I like how you ignored all logic though, and instead went with quantity over quality (ironic since all his quantity was off panel pretty much).

So Surfer can defeat two Hyperions along with fighting the exiles?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Sure he is. You must be substituting him in DD's quote towards J'onn.

But anyway, CM still loses. Supes would too.
Yes, I was

The Nuul
CM kicks KHs ass.

RIVER-OF-POWER
KH vs CM?.. Simple.. Can CM do what CH did?.. Answer.. No. Thus CH wins.. But honestly.. CH stomps CM quick.

iceman24567
Originally posted by The Nuul
CM kicks KHs ass.

Blanket
So Surfer can defeat two Hyperions along with fighting the exiles? I was not aware that anyone in this thread defeated two Hyperions at the same time while fighting the Exiles...

The_Dog_of_War
Captain Marvel knocks him out like Blue Marvel did.

I like King Hyperion, but he's overrated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.