Orion vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKahn
Standard equipment for both, no BFR, and Gladiator is at full confidence. Who wins?

BattleMage
Gladiator after a long fight!

And by the way. This has been done before. Changing the order of the name's doesn't fool anyone.

thanos-prime
Gladiator

h1a8
Does Glads always stay in full confidence?

Never mind, Astro force ftw.

Prep-Man
Orion.

Blanket
Originally posted by BattleMage

And by the way. This has been done before. Changing the order of the name's doesn't fool anyone. Nothing gets by Battlemage

You plan has been thwarted

TheKahn
Originally posted by BattleMage

And by the way. This has been done before. Changing the order of the name's doesn't fool anyone.

Really? I checked the VS Directory and did a search for it and came up with nothing. Sorry if this is a repeat. erm

manx422
Orion

quanchi112
Glads wins.

xJLxKing
Orion

Sasaraixx
Orion

Warlord
Orion

iceman24567
Orion

JakeTheBank
Orion

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Orion Based on?

Prep-Man
Based on Orion.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Based on Orion. His solo series? I don't give Orion a majority over Superman or Gladiator.

Prep-Man
Orion taps into the Source. Orion wins.

quanchi112
Orion taps into the Source. Orion wins. Orion can't do this on average. DD beat the guy in under 60 seconds.

Prep-Man
He did in Polacks's run. Even though DS showed him. He became much more stronger.

quanchi112
He did in Polacks's run. Even though DS showed him. He became much more stronger. A long time ago maybe but not nowadays. Superman even matches up better against ds.

Prep-Man
Simonson also had a similar thing going on, the last Orion series. But I'll agree to disagree. I say Orion healthy 7/10. Let's just move on.

quanchi112
Simonson also had a similar thing going on, the last Orion series. But I'll agree to disagree. I say Orion healthy 7/10. Let's just move on. How though can you give such a high majority over a character identically similar to Superman when Orion can't even beat him nowadays? It perplexes me.

WickedDynamite
Orion

carver9
Gladiator 8 or 9/10

Prep-Man
Orion 10/10. stick out tongue

Parmaniac
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on?

After 8 people said Orion, you picked xJLxKing out to question his decision laughing

carver9
I can post feats for days on how Gladiator would PHYSICALLY crush Orion.

WickedDynamite
He knows better than to ask me. 313

h1a8
Astro force ftw.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
Astro force ftw.

Thats his best bet BUT we dont even know if that'll work since gladiator has tanked some of the most powerful blast in Marvel.

A blast of pure energy from Tyrant, a solar system destroying blast (didnt even feel it), nova final drump blast that has even koed the ego and he tanked it.

Gladiator wins 8 or 9/10.

Batman-Prime
The Dog of War would win 6-7/10 against Superman.
This Supermanwannabe won't win more then 1 out of 10. Glads is a Jobber for Gods like Thor wink.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpTXHhMa_YQ

carver9
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
The Dog of War would win 6-7/10 against Superman.
This Supermanwannabe won't win more then 1 out of 10. Glads is a Jobber for Gods like Thor wink.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpTXHhMa_YQ

Gladiator wont win anything but 1/10? confused

We are talking about a guy that actually have planet destroying on panel strength feats and someone who has shown the ability more than once that he can fight at near the speed of light and a guy that swim in suns (and remember, hes not powered by the sun so its a durability feat).

Gladiator would physically THRASH orion and there is nothing indicating that Orion can take planet destroying punches.

iceman24567
Gladz would win 3 at the most

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Gladz would win 3 at the most

sad Thats it?

Naija boy
Orion 6/10

beast1234
Orion he is has strong has Superman and he is one of the greatest marital artist in the DC universe.

Mindset
Gladiator, he is as strong as Superman, and he is one of the greatest martial artist in the Marvel Universe.

Prep-Man
Kung Fu god > Kung Fu alien.

Mindset
Orion is an alien.

Prep-Man
he's the god of war! laughing out loud

Mindset
And an alien.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Mindset
And an alien.

Fine.
Kung Fu Alien God > Kung Fu Alien

kgkg
Orion 6/10.

Gladiator has what it takes to get few wins.

Samurai_X
Orion breaks Gladiator in half

quanchi112
Originally posted by Parmaniac
After 8 people said Orion, you picked xJLxKing out to question his decision laughing I had to pick someone. I thought about quoting them all, but just responded to jlxxking because I want to hear his reasoning.

Originally posted by WickedDynamite
He knows better than to ask me. 313 I know the answer. Orion is from dc.Originally posted by Samurai_X
Orion breaks Gladiator in half He has never done this to Superman and that's basically what Gladiator is.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Samurai_X
Orion breaks Gladiator in half

Yep.

carver9
Gladiator 8/10. He treats orion like he treated hyperion. Snapping that neck.

Omega Vision
I had to pick someone. I thought about quoting them all, but just responded to jlxxking because I want to hear his reasoning.

In other words you were afraid to challenge anyone else. laughing

beast1234
Originally posted by Mindset
Gladiator, he is as strong as Superman, and he is one of the greatest martial artist in the Marvel Universe.

Gladiator is a skilled fighter but he is not one of the greatest

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
In other words you were afraid to challenge anyone else. laughing I challenge anyone to prove me wrong including you.Originally posted by beast1234
Gladiator is a skilled fighter but he is not one of the greatest He's up there that's for sure.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by beast1234
Gladiator is a skilled fighter but he is not one of the greatest

True that.

beast1234
I challenge anyone to prove me wrong including you. He's up there that's for sure.

Dispute the fact that Orion tend to brawl he has use his fghting skills more times then Gladiator. Gladiator has impress me has a skilled and cunning fighter but i would not rank him has one of the top fighters in the universe. Gladiator does not even use martial arts skills like Orion he use hand to hand combat technques and his great cunning to win battle.

Orion use his martial art skills, brute strength , brawling and ferocity to win battles. Gladiator is going to have a hard times figthing someone whos strength is equal to superman and has one of the greatest fighting skills in the DC universe alongside Wonder Woman and Karate Kid.

WickedDynamite

I know the answer. Orion is from dc.

I know...Gladiator is from Marvel.

It's like Deja Vu in the vs forums lately. laughing out loud

the Darkone
Stalemate

quanchi112
Dispute the fact that Orion tend to brawl he has use his fghting skills more times then Gladiator. Gladiator has impress me has a skilled and cunning fighter but i would not rank him has one of the top fighters in the universe. Gladiator does not even use martial arts skills like Orion he use hand to hand combat technques and his great cunning to win battle.

Orion use his martial art skills, brute strength , brawling and ferocity to win battles. Gladiator is going to have a hard times figthing someone whos strength is equal to superman and has one of the greatest fighting skills in the DC universe alongside Wonder Woman and Karate Kid. Certain writers have Orion really pull out the skill mainly simonson, but for the most part he's just some angry god who tends to brawl.

I admit it's no easy fight for either opponent, but I see right now anyways someone with Superman's/Gladiator's power having the edge in strength. Skill is close enough imo not to be the deciding factor.

Originally posted by WickedDynamite
I know...Gladiator is from Marvel.

It's like Deja Vu in the vs forums lately. laughing out loud No, it's just Orion doesn't pull the majority over Superman nor does he over Gladiator. What company they are from is irrelevant.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by the Darkone
Stalemate

Someones got to win. wink

iceman24567
Someones got to win. wink Yeah and that's Orion

beast1234
Certain writers have Orion really pull out the skill mainly simonson, but for the most part he's just some angry god who tends to brawl.

I admit it's no easy fight for either opponent, but I see right now anyways someone with Superman's/Gladiator's power having the edge in strength. Skill is close enough imo not to be the deciding factor.

No, it's just Orion doesn't pull the majority over Superman nor does he over Gladiator. What company they are from is irrelevant.

Orion has always been potrayed has a skilled warrior. If you follow the new gods chronologies you will that other writers potrayed Orion vastly different from other previous writers. Infact Jack Kirby Orion was not really hotheaded he was just unhappy very grim and had a dark spirit that he tried to suppress.

It was not untill Mark Evanier new gods run that we begin to see Orion great rage but he still potrayed Orion has a great fighter infact in new gods vol.2 issue 9 it was established that Orion was fread because of his fighting skills.

Walt Simonson, Mark Evanier(dispute making him hotheaded and a rageaholic) and John Bryne are the only writers that have had a good grasp about Orion personality and skills

JakeTheBank
Orion for the majority.

quanchi112
Orion has always been potrayed has a skilled warrior. If you follow the new gods chronologies you will that other writers potrayed Orion vastly different from other previous writers. Infact Jack Kirby Orion was not really hotheaded he was just unhappy very grim and had a dark spirit that he tried to suppress.

It was not untill Mark Evanier new gods run that we begin to see Orion great rage but he still potrayed Orion has a great fighter infact in new gods vol.2 issue 9 it was established that Orion was fread because of his fighting skills.

Walt Simonson, Mark Evanier(dispute making him hotheaded and a rageaholic) and John Bryne are the only writers that have had a good grasp about Orion personality and skills Not always.

Simonson's a damn good writer and I think most fans would love to see their character written by him.

I just see him not being as strong and Gladiator being skilled enough to ko the dog of war.

manx422
Not always.

Simonson's a damn good writer and I think most fans would love to see their character written by him.

I just see him not being as strong and Gladiator being skilled enough to ko the dog of war.
Orion killed FC Darkseid
he would stomp thanos & gladiator & SS combined

beast1234
Not always.

If you read my comment i did not say he was always potrayed has a skilled warrior i said the only writers who have potrayed Orion has a skilled warrior apart from Jack Kirby is Walt Simonson, Mark Evanier(dispute making him hotheaded and a rageaholic) and John Bryne.

Gladiator has not shown the fighting skills that Orion has potrayed by these writers(Walt Simonson, Mark Evanier and John Bryne).

Edit. You also said that Gladiator strength is equal to Superman. Superman has never beaten Orion in a fight every fight that Orion had with Superman has been a standstill. I can i see this fight going on for weeks because they can both amp they strength Gladiator via confidence Orion via astro-force but i see Orion winning this in a long run because he is a better fighter Orion has cosmic martial art skills.

Warlord
Originally posted by manx422
Orion killed FC Darkseid
he would stomp thanos & gladiator & SS combined

add Thor and Odin to make it fair

quanchi112
Orion killed FC Darkseid
he would stomp thanos & gladiator & SS combined And? Originally posted by beast1234
If you read my comment i did not say he was always potrayed has a skilled warrior i said the only writers who have potrayed Orion has a skilled warrior apart from Jack Kirby is Walt Simonson, Mark Evanier(dispute making him hotheaded and a rageaholic) and John Bryne.

Gladiator has not shown the fighting skills that Orion has potrayed by these writers(Walt Simonson, Mark Evanier and John Bryne).

Edit. You also said that Gladiator strength is equal to Superman. Superman has never beaten Orion in a fight every fight that Orion had with Superman has been a standstill. I can i see this fight going on for weeks because they can both amp they strength Gladiator via confidence Orion via astro-force but i see Orion winning this in a long run because he is a better fighter Orion has cosmic martial art skills. Orion and Superman have not recently had a chance to finish their fights. I see either Glads or Superman beating him for the slightest of majorities.

Orion was also held in the reserves by Batman when Superman lost it in the Dominus arc meaning he wasn't confident Orion could beat him even with all that help.

Prep-Man

Edit. You also said that Gladiator strength is equal to Superman. Superman has never beaten Orion in a fight every fight that Orion had with Superman has been a standstill. I can i see this fight going on for weeks because they can both amp they strength Gladiator via confidence Orion via astro-force but i see Orion winning this in a long run because he is a better fighter Orion has cosmic martial art skills.

Orion's skill has also shown in the early runs on Orion/New Gods. Not just Simonson's run.

beast1234
And? Orion and Superman have not recently had a chance to finish their fights. I see either Glads or Superman beating him for the slightest of majorities.

Orion was also held in the reserves by Batman when Superman lost it in the Dominus arc meaning he wasn't confident Orion could beat him even with all that help.

Yeah but Superman has never beaten Orion in a slugfest they always went toe to toe when they battle it out. Scot Free stated in Death of the new gods issue 2 that they have equal strength. I have yet to see Orion lose to Superman. Like i said before i see this fight going on for weeks since they both have the abilty to amp they physical strength but i see Orion winning this due to his superior fighting skills . He has been trained by a woman warrior named Valkyra who has a reputation off being one of the greastest martial arist in the DC universe and he surpassed her at young age. In New god volume 3 Orion increase his fighting skills by trainning with the Commander he did one of the most brutal trainning anyone can throgh the whole idea of this trainng was to make him into a potent warrior who will be able to match Darkseid power. Keep in mind that in Mark Evanier New God run Darkseid was a skyfather level.

quanchi112
Yeah but Superman has never beaten Orion in a slugfest they always went toe to toe when they battle it out. Scot Free stated in Death of the new gods issue 2 that they have equal strength. I have yet to see Orion lose to Superman. Like i said before i see this fight going on for weeks since they both have the abilty to amp they physical strength but i see Orion winning this due to his superior fighting skills . He has been trained by a woman warrior named Valkyra who has a reputation off being one of the greastest martial arist in the DC universe and he surpassed her at young age. In New god volume 3 Orion increase his fighting skills by trainning with the Commander he did one of the most brutal trainning anyone can throgh the whole idea of this trainng was to make him into a potent warrior who will be able to match Darkseid power. Keep in mind that in Mark Evanier New God run Darkseid was a skyfather level. I already told you that in the Dominus storyline Batman kept Orion held back in reserve against Superman meaning he wasn't even confident Orion can beat Superman after he's taken on multiple opponents just prior to.

Superman has better feats and has been portrayed better against the same opponents. Supes has gained power over the years while Orion hasn't.

Supes is stronger imo.

celeyhyga17
Orion
6-7/10

manx422
Orion

r0nm0n88
I already told you that in the Dominus storyline Batman kept Orion held back in reserve against Superman meaning he wasn't even confident Orion can beat Superman after he's taken on multiple opponents just prior to.

Superman has better feats and has been portrayed better against the same opponents. Supes has gained power over the years while Orion hasn't.

Supes is stronger imo.

agreed, although this is a Glads and orion thread.
so ill say glads wins more often than not. I feel his speed will make the difference since strength, durability, and skill are all pretty even.

quanchi112
Originally posted by r0nm0n88
agreed, although this is a Glads and orion thread.
so ill say glads wins more often than not. I feel his speed will make the difference since strength, durability, and skill are all pretty even. I don't see either character just pouring on the speed here. I just tend to think Glads is stronger and give him the fight based off of that. A very close matchup.

I do agree Gladiator isn't Superman though.

iceman24567
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Orion
6-7/10 thumb up 7 imo

beast1234
I already told you that in the Dominus storyline Batman kept Orion held back in reserve against Superman meaning he wasn't even confident Orion can beat Superman after he's taken on multiple opponents just prior to.

Supes is stronger imo.

Batman options means nothing becasue Superman has never beaten Orion in his life. Every fight that Orion has had with Superman has been a standstill. They last fight that they had was in Death of the New Gods issue 2 which was a standstill.

quanchi112
Batman options means nothing becasue Superman has never beaten Orion in his life. Every fight that Orion has had with Superman has been a standstill. They last fight that they had was in Death of the New Gods issue 2 which was a standstill. Batman's opinion means a helluva lot considering his reputation, his knowledge of the characters considering their strengths and weaknesses, etc. Same with basically Hulk/Thor yet I bet you'd give Thor the nod in a forum battle.

It would be close but Superman wins if he goes apeshit. He has better showings, feats, and is stronger.

Yes, but I see Superman winning this fight if it went the distance which they don't.

Prep-Man
Batman stated that Diana was the best fighter he's ever seen. But she's not.

quanchi112
Batman stated that Diana was the best fighter he's ever seen. But she's not. She might be the best fighter she's ever seen but this doesn't take into account strength, durability and a whole slew of other factors. I mean come on.

TheKahn
Batman's opinion means a helluva lot considering his reputation, his knowledge of the characters considering their strengths and weaknesses, etc...

How can they when they are really not "batman's" opinions but the views of a particular writer who may or may not be knowledgeable about other characters or may be writing characters a certain way for the sake of a storyline not based on their histories.

I'd be careful in accepting any single statement no matter how "authoritative" the character is who said it unless it is very consistent with past feats and character depictions. But that's just my 2cents.

beast1234
Batman's opinion means a helluva lot considering his reputation, his knowledge of the characters considering their strengths and weaknesses, etc. Same with basically Hulk/Thor yet I bet you'd give Thor the nod in a forum battle.

It would be close but Superman wins if he goes apeshit. He has better showings, feats, and is stronger.

Yes, but I see Superman winning this fight if it went the distance which they don't.

Orion and Superman have equal strength. If they were to go to distance Orion would beat Superman due to his superior fighting skills Orion martial arts skills is on a cosmic level.

Lord Feron
Orion and Superman have equal strength. If they were to go to distance Orion would beat Superman due to his superior fighting skills Orion martial arts skills is on a cosmic level.

I believe ppl would disagree with that.

beast1234
Originally posted by Lord Feron
I believe ppl would disagree with that.

why

batdude123
Orion.

Philosophía
Orion would stomp on his head.

Merlyn
Orion killed FC Darkseid Orion killed regular Darkseid. FC Darkseid was more or less the end product of that battle.

Face Inc.
Orion 8/10

leonidas
Originally posted by Face Inc.
Orion 8/10

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheKahn
How can they when they are really not "batman's" opinions but the views of a particular writer who may or may not be knowledgeable about other characters or may be writing characters a certain way for the sake of a storyline not based on their histories.

I'd be careful in accepting any single statement no matter how "authoritative" the character is who said it unless it is very consistent with past feats and character depictions. But that's just my 2cents. I don't accept it as the ultimate say so in this matter. I agree we have to be careful on which statements we accept and which ones we do not. The arc in question I was referring to was a Superman balls to the wall so I see this as what would could happen if he finally lost it. Orion puts up a great fight but in the end goes down.

Orion and Superman have equal strength. If they were to go to distance Orion would beat Superman due to his superior fighting skills Orion martial arts skills is on a cosmic level. Based on what? It was noted Supes was a peer in strength to Seid not Orion in death of the new gods.

Prep-Man

beast1234
I don't accept it as the ultimate say so in this matter. I agree we have to be careful on which statements we accept and which ones we do not. The arc in question I was referring to was a Superman balls to the wall so I see this as what would could happen if he finally lost it. Orion puts up a great fight but in the end goes down.

Based on what? It was noted Supes was a peer in strength to Seid not Orion in death of the new gods.

Mr Miracle stated it and Orion strength is equal to Darkseid.

quanchi112
Mr Miracle stated it and Orion strength is equal to Darkseid. Scan?

Prep-Man
They're pretty even in strength and Orion has proved it. Even some creators state that he is stronger.

Omega Vision
They're pretty even in strength and Orion has proved it. Even some creators state that he is stronger.
He's overpowered Superman with raw strength alone a few times and the one time I can think of Superman getting the better of him in a contest of strength was when he first met him after Orion overpowered him he regained consciousness and surprised Orion.

quanchi112
They're pretty even in strength and Orion has proved it. Even some creators state that he is stronger. When has orion proved it? By creators do you mean writers?

If so, which ones?

Prep-Man
When has orion proved it? By creators do you mean writers?

If so, which ones?

Byrne and simonson for starters. One of their quotes was "Superman is the strongest person on earth, but Orion doesn't LIVE on earth."

strength to strength, Orion has put up with Superman on more than one occasion and Metron has stated their pretty equal.

quanchi112
Byrne and simonson for starters. One of their quotes was "Superman is the strongest person on earth, but Orion doesn't LIVE on earth."

strength to strength, Orion has put up with Superman on more than one occasion and Metron has stated their pretty equal. Didn't Byrne have a lower opinion of Superman than most other writers of him?

I think Orion's rage and his powers make him formidable against Superman. I think Superman's strength is higher and it seems like in death of the new gods Superman was the stronger of the two at least according to Seid while Orion's rage makes him the beast he is.

Prep-Man
No, they stacked up even. Metron said it would have gone on for hours or something to that.

quanchi112
No, they stacked up even. Metron said it would have gone on for hours or something to that. I see Superman prevailing at the end.

Prep-Man
Sorry, it was Scott that stated "they are evenely matched". I'd place my money on Orion. More versatile and just as strong.

iceman24567
Stronger possibly more durable too Orion ftw

quanchi112
Sorry, it was Scott that stated "they are evenely matched". I'd place my money on Orion. More versatile and just as strong. Evenly matched doesn't translate to equal strength. Sorry, but you're just wrong.

beast1234
Scan?

I don't have a scanner but i can give you the comic issue. It was Death of the New Gods issue 2.

iceman24567
"They are evenly match" or some such

carver9
Glads 8/10

Prep-Man
Orion 7/10.

iceman24567

thanos-prime
Gladiator

Warlord
orion would fare as he would to Superman

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Warlord
orion would fare as he would to Superman
So win or stalemate?
Not that Gladiator is Superman's equal. At full confidence he's close but most of the time he's like Superman-lite with a mohawk.

Warlord
So win or stalemate?
Not that Gladiator is Superman's equal. At full confidence he's close but most of the time he's like Superman-lite with a mohawk.
full confidence gladiator is very close to Supes IMO.
still he goes down to a full abilities use Orion

quanchi112
I don't have a scanner but i can give you the comic issue. It was Death of the New Gods issue 2. So basically these guys are a great matchup and it would be very close. I don't disagree with it being close I just see either Glads or Superman coming out on top.

iceman24567
full confidence gladiator is very close to Supes IMO.
still he goes down to a full abilities use Orion He summons the harness and blasts his face off. Superman level stats and versatility ftw

quanchi112
He summons the harness and blasts his face off. Superman level stats and versatility ftw When has Gladiator ever had his face blasted off? More ignorance. This isn't post what you want to happen it's post what is most likely to happen.

Warlord
He summons the harness and blasts his face off. Superman level stats and versatility ftw

he did the same to Superman so yeah why not
booth are caped losers

quanchi112
booth are caped losers Better than being a ginger.

Omega Vision
Better than being a ginger.
Orion is a daywalker.

quanchi112
Orion is a daywalker. I need to go catch that movie.

carver9
So win or stalemate?

I disagree, if we actually use feats instead of who the character is, Gladiator is physically>Supes. This will be debated to the end though, some people think that Supes>Gladiator and some think that gladiator>Supes.

But as for this fight, I cant see Orion handling gladiators punching power.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
I disagree, if we actually use feats instead of who the character is, Gladiator is physically>Supes. This will be debated to the end though, some people think that Supes>Gladiator and some think that gladiator>Supes.

But as for this fight, I cant see Orion handling gladiators punching power.

Superman's feats are superior, so i don't know where you got that idea from.

iceman24567
booth are caped losers thumb up

beast1234
So basically these guys are a great matchup and it would be very close. I don't disagree with it being close I just see either Glads or Superman coming out on top.

why

quanchi112
why Superior strength/striking power.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman's feats are superior, so i don't know where you got that idea from.

I disagree; Supes SHOWINGS are Superior but glads physical strength and durability is on an entirely different level but again, to each his own.

I see it like this, Glads feats are just that, its written on paper of exactly what he is doing. Superman feats, speculation that people on here tend to debate against/with.

beast1234
Superior strength/striking power.

Superman does not have superior strength he has better feat he has more showing. Superman has never been written has a mediocre superhero especially when it comes to personality wise. When the new gods have guest fearted in other superheros comics they personality is completely different from how they are written in new gods comics. You can tell that they have been slot in has if they are nothing.

Orion personality allows him to have good stories but other writers potray him has a mindless brute. The Jack Kirby Orion was very smart/clever, philosophical thinker, skilled fighter and a powerful warrior(astro force). The only other writer that got a good grasp of Orion was Walt Simonson,Mark Evanier and John Bryne. These writers that written him have given him feats that put Orion on an even footing with Superman above all else they know his personality.

quanchi112
Superman does not have superior strength he has better feat he has more showing. Superman has never been written has a mediocre superhero especially when it comes to personality wise. When the new gods have guest fearted in other superheros comics they personality is completely different from how they are written in new gods comics. You can tell that they have been slot in has if they are nothing.

Orion personality allows him to have good stories but other writers potray him has a mindless brute. The Jack Kirby Orion was very smart/clever, philosophical thinker, skilled fighter and a powerful warrior(astro force). The only other writer that got a good grasp of Orion was Walt Simonson,Mark Evanier and John Bryne. These writers that written him have given him feats that put Orion on an even footing with Superman above all else they know his personality. I believe he does have superior strength. It's Orion's power and rage which makes it a contest while his skills usually take a back seat against the man of steel as does Superman's speed.

In death of the new gods apparently Seid sees Superman as a peer to himself why he mentioned Orion's rage instead. This was a new gods book with Superman in as the guest star.

carver9
Well, I would love to give my reasons on why Glads wins this fight.

I have as of yet to see Orion face anyone with planet crushing power.

Then speed wise, the edge clearly goes to glads.

Gladiator hit cannonball with an iron bar. Trounce him all over the place and then rap him up instantly in that thick piece of iron.
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/8748/canuo8.jpg

His punching power. HMMMM, he was about to punch cannonball to the center of the sun.
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/1373/89154739hk4.jpg

I have two instances of him blitzing at near light speed but I'll just use one.
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/4850/32505489pi3.jpg

Did combos and moves in nanoseconds. This is a beyond light speed.
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/6687/39597113mf8.jpg

WOW, nova who is a complete 100 tonner bounce off of gladiator chest like he was nothing.
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/8655/62530030jg0.jpg

Then nova hit gladiator with a surprise attack and turn around and glads has already came back with a train before nova even finished his attack.
http://img223.imageshack.us/i/50610719pp0.jpg/
http://img223.imageshack.us/i/63128462pu0.jpg/

Reed boosted everyones speed up to level far surpassing the blink of an eye and guess what, glads see them as normal and still blitz thor.
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/6708/63428720os6.jpg
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/5328/34683579hw1.jpg

Vulcan took out the entire shiar clan along with the xmen but his blast mean nothing to gladiator.
http://img355.imageshack.us/i/89200274nk8.jpg/

We have a high herald, binary, shooting at Gladiator, and guess what, nothing happens.
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/146/60603030cg2.jpg

Another punching power display. Punching Wonderman to the heart of the earth.
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4686/31441653ep2.jpg

Gladiator taking out the entire nova corps.
http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/9594/nova3.jpg
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9054/nova4.jpg

Remember that speed we were talking about?
http://img5.imageshack.us/i/71744606.jpg/
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8125/65500345.jpg

Gladiator has an entire convo in his head and a bullet is right at vulcans face and he still get there in time before the bullet hit Vulcan.
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/Enteithegreat/Imperial%20Guard/Kallark-ReacttoBullet.jpg

You remember that punching power, take a look and also add on the fact that he was one shotting the skrull race who had the combine powers of some of the most powerful beings in MU.
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9112/86433487.jpg
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8752/52609522.jpg

Lets go back to strength.

This ship is at least twice the size of a mountain in a gravational environment. Lets see what glad do with this ship since it is in the way.
http://s980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/ankur2292/?action=view&current=rokig_01_014.jpg
http://s980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/ankur2292/?action=view&current=rokig_01_015.jpg
http://s980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/ankur2292/?action=view&current=rokig_01_016.jpg
http://s980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/ankur2292/?action=view&current=rokig_01_017.jpg

I gave my reasons.

Lord Feron

Vulcan took out the entire shiar clan along with the xmen but his blast mean nothing to gladiator.
http://img355.imageshack.us/i/89200274nk8.jpg/

this is probably one of my fav moments of Glads. Really displays what his psionically (sorry for spelling) fortified power really show. Because he believes himself untouchable there for he is.. redic...

beast1234
I believe he does have superior strength. It's Orion's power and rage which makes it a contest while his skills usually take a back seat against the man of steel as does Superman's speed.

In death of the new gods apparently Seid sees Superman as a peer to himself why he mentioned Orion's rage instead. This was a new gods book with Superman in as the guest star.

The story was rushed so that DC can get rid of the new gods. Superman taken on Mantis and Kalibak at the same time is a joke. Based on they feats that they have showed in the past especially Mantis who has the powers to absored nearly all forms of energy in the DC universe including anti-matter and the green lantern power ring which is capble of containg the big bang itself.

carver9
The story was rushed so that DC can get rid of the new gods. Superman taken on Mantis and Kalibak at the same time is a joke. Based on they feats that they have showed in the past especially Mantis who has the powers to absored nearly all forms of energy in the DC universe including anti-matter and the green lantern power ring which is capble of containg the big bang itself.

Mantis sucks.

Prep-Man
PC Mantis does not suck.

carver9
PC Mantis does not suck.

I know pc mantis doesnt suck but that wasnt the mantis that he was talking about. He brought up the mantis and Kalibak that Superman fought and both of them suck a**.

Prep-Man
Well, since Orion has gone toe to toe against PC Mantis and not have lost, I say that's a good feat for Orion. Considering Mantis easily absorbed Hal Jordan's ring AND Dr. Fate.

beast1234
I know pc mantis doesnt suck but that wasnt the mantis that he was talking about. He brought up the mantis and Kalibak that Superman fought and both of them suck a**.

How can Superman take on Mantis and Kalibak at the same time. They are both class 100. Kalibak always lose against Superman due to his lack of cunning when it comes to battle but Mantis is a being who is capble of absorbing vast amont of energy including magic, the green lantern power ring he absorbed an energy from infinity man which was powerful enough to destory solar systems. If Mantis can do that them he should be powerful enough to absorbed kinetic energy from Superman since Superman has the striking power to destory planets.

carver9
How can Superman take on Mantis and Kalibak at the same time. They are both class 100. Kalibak always lose against Superman due to his lack of cunning when it comes to battle but Mantis is a being who is capble of absorbing vast amont of energy including magic, the green lantern power ring he absorbed an energy from infinity man which was powerful enough to destory solar systems. If Mantis can do that them he should be powerful enough to absorbed kinetic energy from Superman since Superman has the striking power to destory planets.

Superman lost to Kalibak and Mantis and can you show me that planetary destroying strength that he has? I want to save the scan to my hard drive.

carver9
Well, since Orion has gone toe to toe against PC Mantis and not have lost, I say that's a good feat for Orion. Considering Mantis easily absorbed Hal Jordan's ring AND Dr. Fate.

Lets not use abc logic and name which character fought which characters. Going by feats hulk is stronger and more durable than orion, especially WWH.

Orion is a beast, I'll admit that but this isnt a fight for him.

beast1234
Superman lost to Kalibak and Mantis and can you show me that planetary destroying strength that he has? I want to save the scan to my hard drive.

Superman stated it in Death of the New Gods issue 7 when he was fighting Infinity Man.

beast1234

He may have lost to them but he was taking them both on in a fight.

quanchi112
The story was rushed so that DC can get rid of the new gods. Superman taken on Mantis and Kalibak at the same time is a joke. Based on they feats that they have showed in the past especially Mantis who has the powers to absored nearly all forms of energy in the DC universe including anti-matter and the green lantern power ring which is capble of containg the big bang itself. It made it through the editorial process. Superman gets wanked, but that's a major problem I have with dc and the stories it cranks out. I don't even see the need to lump Superman in a death of the new gods story to begin with.

PC Mantis does not suck. PC Mantis wasn't in death of the new gods. laughing out loud

The Nuul
Orion has better feats, he wins.

carver9
Superman stated it in Death of the New Gods issue 7 when he was fighting Infinity Man.

Gotcha, so we are basing everything off of statements. Well gladiator wins this 10/10 and easily due to on panel statements. Let me explain why.

Gladiator has limitless strength. This came from reed own mouth and we all know reed knows all.

http://img354.imageshack.us/i/glad2jf0.jpg/

Glads can tow planets and also rip stars with his bare hands

http://img123.imageshack.us/i/gladjx4.jpg/

Nova has met some of the most powerful beings in the universe and he stated that gladiator is one of the strongest beings in the entire universe.

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/8522/26488759kc5.jpg

HHHMMM, Cyclops stated that gladiator is the strongest being in the galaxy.

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/7003/82709674rp3.jpg

Stated that gladiator is the most powerful being in the universe.

http://f.imagehost.org/view/0092/07

Professor x files (you, know, the all knowing professor) files state that whatever gladiator want to do he can do it, he has no limits.

http://img68.imageshack.us/i/89154739hk4.jpg/

So with that said, Gladiator stomps.

Now if you can, show me something like THIS, because this is what I'm looking for.

http://img367.imageshack.us/i/destroyingworld1wl5.jpg/
http://img354.imageshack.us/i/destroyingworld2dh8.jpg/

iceman24567
Originally posted by The Nuul
Orion has better feats, he wins.

carver9
Gladiator wins 8 or 9/10, he has yet to face someone that is physically glads equal.

beast1234
Gladiator wins 8 or 9/10, he has yet to face someone that is physically glads equal.

Superman

carver9
He may have lost to them but he was taking them both on in a fight.

Kalibak and mantis sucks. WWH took on hercules (who is>>the kalibak superman fought) along with the avengers and fantastic four and won.

iceman24567
because Superman isn't and Darkseid isnt beyond. Orion wins physically peers and more powerful to boot

Prep-Man
Post Crisis Mantis is the same as PC Mantis and has similar impressive feats. Like global transmution.

beast1234
Kalibak and mantis sucks. WWH took on hercules (who is>>the kalibak superman fought) along with the avengers and fantastic four and won.

I have already given you feat on how powerful Mantis is.

carver9
Superman

And thats where we disagree at even though I give Superman the edge over Orion also.

iceman24567
Kalibak and mantis sucks. WWH took on hercules (who is>>the kalibak superman fought) along with the avengers and fantastic four and won. Using the Herc instance? Come on now

carver9
I have already given you feat on how powerful Mantis.

Anything PC had the power to destroy all. Hell, I even think that mary jane could have one shotted a planet.

I'm reffering to current mantis and he has done nothing to impress me.

carver9
Using the Herc instance? Come on now

Sure is since herc himself stated that WWH could have killed them anytime he chose. Since herc stated that WWH was pulling his punches and toying with them. confused

And since it was brought up more than once that WWH wasnt serious until the end.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>