Sargeras Vs. Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phantom Miria
I am curious to hear what the people think. It takes place on a neutral planet. This is the strongest default Link version, as in Link without rare equipment or temporary empowerments.

I do not know much about Link, so you guys will have to decide which Link would make it most even.

MooCowofJustice
It'll probably be TP Link if he's using no items.

I don't know who Sargeras is.

ArtificialGlory
It's not going to be pretty.

ScreamPaste
I think she basicly means "no triforce", Moo.

MooCowofJustice
But "rare equipment" points out just about every item Link gets. There aren't any other Magic Capes, Fire and Ice Rods, Bombos Medallions, Ocarinas of Time, or anything else.

Phantom Miria
No Triforce or other borrowed divine powers. He is allowed the gear he come across in whatever game you pick him from.

MooCowofJustice
Sweet, let's do ALttP.

Phantom Miria
He makes it most even?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Phantom Miria
He makes it most even?

Probably as even as it can get, but that still doesn't mean much.

Utrigita
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Probably as even as it can get, but that still doesn't mean much.

thumb up

menokokoro
im sorry, i usually just ignore these stupid link vs forums, but there is no way in hell that link could do anything to sargeras

Rapidash

MooCowofJustice
I'll have to click that link later, but ALttP Link has two items for invincibility and an insta-kill medallion. Just so you know for now.

ScreamPaste
The problem, Moo, is that Sargeras can (by power scaling, he hasn't actually done it yet, from what I'm told) break the planet they fight on, leaving Link minus a platform to recover to. Which means without the triforce this is kind of a lame fight.

ArtificialGlory
Sargeras also has resistance/immunity/invincibility/reflection-defying magic.

MooCowofJustice
Sargeras is a Warcraft God? >_>

Cyner
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I'll have to click that link later, but ALttP Link has two items for invincibility and an insta-kill medallion. Just so you know for now.

Does the Triforce count as an instant kill item?

But he's not allowed that here...

Anyway since I hate WoW, the last thing I know of Sargeras is that he was in pieces all over the world and that Illidan was using his eye as some sort of powerful relic to destroy stuff.

ArtificialGlory

He's a Titan, and an ex-member of the Pantheon. He's much more powerful than virtually any God in Warcraft. The only Gods who were more powerful than him were the Old Gods, but they have been defeated by the combined might of the Titans, stripped of nearly all their powers, and imprisoned.

Originally posted by Cyner
Anyway since I hate WoW, the last thing I know of Sargeras is that he was in pieces all over the world and that Illidan was using his eye as some sort of powerful relic to destroy stuff.

Hehe. It was Sargeras Avatar's pieces that "were scattered all over the world." It's actually unknown whether it was really his eye or just a powerful relic named like that.

MooCowofJustice
Well, then Link probably loses, even though ALttP is the manliest Link there is.

Rapidash

Items falling into the fallacious no-limit category, if we look at it from a technical perspective

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
The problem, Moo, is that Sargeras can (by power scaling, he hasn't actually done it yet, from what I'm told) break the planet they fight on, leaving Link minus a platform to recover to. Which means without the triforce this is kind of a lame fight.

There are no canon recordings of Sargeras destroying a planet. There are of the Pantheon and there are theories revolving the paramount spells and revolving minions of his, but he himself has very little screentime.

Destruction of planet or not, this fight is lame. The only thing that could make a difference would be the Triforce, since to my understanding Link has no actual means of winning once engaged with Sargeras otherwise, not even if he let him attack him.

The Demon Soul did not face Sargeras. One can only wonder how Link would ever even be able to harm him, since without effort it took but a single flare from the Demon Soul and an entire race of dragons was extinct, the second most powerful kind.
I take it there are some special effects to the arrows of Light, but lets also remember that if special effects based on the world of Zelda is to be used, you need to take in consideration that in the world of Warcraft, Sargeras is invulnerable to all types of non-immortal attacks. Whatver Light is in the world of Zelda, it is generally not immortal in the world of Warcraft.
I bring this up, because in previous debates against Link, the element of Light from that world has been used to defeat virtually unbeatable characters with the simple argument "It consist of the Light", somewhat in the same sense as "Ganondorf can only be defeated by the Light"

Originally posted by Cyner

By pieces all over the world, you mean his eye which has never actually been clarified to actually be an eye of Sargeras. Sargeras has never physically set foot on Azeroth, so the closest thing to correct that could be would be if the eye belonged to his fallen avatar form. Something that for the record only fell because he wanted it to.

We should also remember that by channeling through the eye, Illidan with simple weaving could break an entire continent, a significant portion of the surface landmass of Azeroth, which pretty much equal Earth in size.

By Warcraft definition, yes. By KMC definition, no. He is just a powerful entity.

Sargeras belong to a race known as the Titans. He was once part of the cosmos wandering organization known as the Pantheon, the big guns of the universe. Their quest is to bring balance and order to the universe, a quest Sargeras would soon deviate from.

Sargeras waged war for countless eons against demons all across the universe, until one day he was struck by insanity and decided that there was no peace in order and that the universe should be as it once was: in chaos.

He formed the Burning Legion and all the demons he had defeated across the countless eons he battled during, he recruited and they gladly, or fearfully followed. Leading the largest army in the universe, he began an unholy crusade and began destroying everything the Pantheon had built.

He met his first demise when he came across the barricaded world Azeroth. Intrigued by the Well of Eternity that the Pantheon had given the world, he seeked to enter and tap it of its power. Because of a Pantheon barrier, he was unable to simple enter and required a portal opened from the inside to do so.

After elaborate planning and actions from the Burning Legion, Sargeras was on the brink of entering when the portal closed with him inside it, sealing shut on both sides, throwing Sargeras into the Twisting Nether, a plane of nothingness.

Nine thousand years later, he manifested an avatar on Azeroth and battled Aegwynn, the at the time Guardian of Tirisfal. He feigned defeat and as she blasted his avatar body, he entered her body and resided inside for nearly nine hundred years.

Aegwynn soon gave birth to the next Guardian, Medivh. Sargeras when Medivh was still in Aegwynn's womb possessed him and laid dormant after his birth until the time was right. Having underestimated Medivh, his elaborate plan soon came to an end and Sargeras spirit was banished.

Sargeras is worshipped as a God. He has Godlike feats, what few he has. The order from which he originate act as Gods.

In a sense, he is. In another, he is not. He is not born a God, but if it is possible to become one, he is.

ScreamPaste
Ganon's invulnerability is turned off for v.s. debates, like all characters, including Sargeras. The light arrows special power is basicly "Smite evil, +infinite d6 for teh lulz!"

Space being what it is, not very friendly to complex life forms, I'm seeing planetary destruction as a primary obstacle.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Ganon's invulnerability is turned off for v.s. debates, like all characters, including Sargeras. The light arrows special power is basicly "Smite evil, +infinite d6 for teh lulz!"

Space being what it is, not very friendly to complex life forms, I'm seeing planetary destruction as a primary obstacle.

Well, you can't really turn off Sargeras's invulnerability since he doesn't have it to begin with.

Phantom Miria
I think you missed her point, Screampaste

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.