Dr. Manhattan Vs. Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Caps Conscience
Well, what do you shmucks think of this one?

JakeTheBank
I think Galactus curbstomps.

Omega Vision
Dr. Manhattan could chase off a starving or even mildly hungry Galactus but he won't be able to stop a well fed Galactus. At the same time I'm not sure if Galactus could actually kill him. He seems to be a mental being more than anything, a sentient force that takes the form of a naked blue man.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Dr. Manhattan could chase off a starving or even mildly hungry Galactus but he won't be able to stop a well fed Galactus. At the same time I'm not sure if Galactus could actually kill him. He seems to be a mental being more than anything, a sentient force that takes the form of a naked blue man.

Isn't Manhattan at heart an energy being? I would classify more as that than a mental being, but I can see the argument for either or. If tachyon pulses were able to temporarily derail Manhattan someone with the Power Cosmic on Galactus' scale should be able to disperse him for a BFR or somehow even absorb him or something.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Isn't Manhattan at heart an energy being? I would classify more as that than a mental being, but I can see the argument for either or. If tachyon pulses were able to temporarily derail Manhattan someone with the Power Cosmic on Galactus' scale should be able to disperse him for a BFR or somehow even absorb him or something.
Energy is inherently meaningless, it refers to the numbers and symbols scientists use to express the ability to accomplish work/motion. He isn't an energy being so much as a mental force, a disembodied consciousness stretched across time and space that most likely through great concentration and effort managed to anchor himself in a localized sphere of space-time (20th century Earth) through the use of a body that is most likely comprised of some kind of energy shield. Sure Galactus could destroy one body but Manhattan will come back again and again and again and again. G could kill him but it would probably entail using the UN to erase the universe (thus ensuring Manhattan's destruction) and recreate it without him.

SoulDevourer
wut if Galactus just feed of him (a bit like he did with Hyperstorm) that outa finish him for good right?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
wut if Galactus just feed of him (a bit like he did with Hyperstorm) that outa finish him for good right?
That's possible but if you read my post and understood my interpretation that wouldn't finish him for good since the energy his form is comprised of is independent of his consciousness and he'll still be alive. Hence the failure of subtracting his intrinsic field putting him down for good which would be the same as absorbing his body.

SoulDevourer
um yeah but if its just his conciousness floatin around w/o a body then thats kinda like...death aint it? evil face

btw how do u know if he can create a new body (not just reform) if his bodys COMPLETLY destroyed???

Omega Vision
um yeah but if its just his conciousness floatin around w/o a body then thats kinda like...death aint it? evil face

how do u know if he can create a new body (not just reform) if his bodys COMPLETLY destroyed???
it counts as a forum win yes but I'm saying I don't think G can kill Doc for good without the UN.

SoulDevourer
it counts as a forum win yes but I'm saying I don't think G can kill Doc for good without the UN. i ment permenent death wink

cos we dunno if dr Minidick can create a new body if hes killed!
he can reform if hes blast to atoms (then his bodys still there only scatter), but return from death is somethin else. if he could do that then that woud make him like mr Immortal or somethin

tideoftime
Generally, Galactus. Dr. Manhattan, for all of his understanding of matter and energy, would be much like a child compared to Galactus, and similar beings (even Darkseid, in some respects). If G were in a weakened condition, that would be a different story, of course...

I do agree with Omega Vision on the point of him being more a mental being than a purely physical one, as such; Galactus could drain his energy, or even "devour" him out-right, but that *might* not be the end of Manhattan... I could seem him re-forming at a later time.

Omega Vision
i ment permenent death wink

cos we dunno if dr Minidick can create a new body if hes killed!
he can reform if hes blast to atoms (then his bodys still there only scatter), but return from death is somethin else. if he could do that then that woud make him like mr Immortal or somethin
He came back from such a death twice. He is immortal. What don't you get about that?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by tideoftime
Generally, Galactus. Dr. Manhattan, for all of his understanding of matter and energy, would be much like a child compared to Galactus, and similar beings (even Darkseid, in some respects). If G were in a weakened condition, that would be a different story, of course...

I do agree with Omega Vision on the point of him being more a mental being than a purely physical one, as such; Galactus could drain his energy, or even "devour" him out-right, but that *might* not be the end of Manhattan... I could seem him re-forming at a later time.
I could see him coming back instantaneously. He can create a seemingly infinite number of clones of himself.

Eternal Idol
Galactus ftw.

tideoftime
I could see him coming back instantaneously. He can create a seemingly infinite number of clones of himself.

He would only come back "instantly" if he were already matter/energy co-located to begin with; otherwise, I could see a being like Galactus having a very powerful affect on Manhattan, one that isn't necessarily mitigated easily. (Though, again, if Galactus were weakened, that would change things: he would, in this particular example, be less of an abstract being and something closer to what Dr.M could manipulate outright.)

SoulDevourer
He came back from such a death twice. He is immortal. What don't you get about that? wut i dont get is where u get that from lol

hes been disintagrated into subatomic particle or w/e, but (afaik) never completely destroyed where nothins left cept for his conciousness (cos thats wut gonna happen if Galactus drains him)

issue #?

He would only come back "instantly" if he were already matter/energy co-located to begin with; yup that wut i ment to say

OV says hes come back from more then that but ima ask issue # where this happen

Omega Vision
wut i dont get is where u get that from lol

hes been disintagrated into subatomic particle or w/e, but (afaik) never completely destroyed where nothins left cept for his conciousness (cos thats wut gonna happen if Galactus drains him)

issue #?

yup that wut i ment to say

OV says hes come back from more then that but ima ask issue # where this happen
Umm dude having his intrinsic field subtracted is exactly what that is: being reduced to his consciousness alone. Issue 1 and Issue 12 I believe are when he is shown being destroyed and both times he returns, in the second instance almost immediately.

Kris Blaze
lol @ people who don't think that Galactus could kill manhattan.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
lol @ people who don't think that Galactus could kill manhattan.
Short of UN I don't think he can kill something that is that abstract. He can destroy Doc's physical form no problem but that won't stop him for good.

SoulDevourer
Umm dude having his intrinsic field subtracted is exactly what that is: being reduced to his consciousness alone. oh

so basicly hes like an abstract? huh

Kris Blaze
Short of UN I don't think he can kill something that is that abstract. He can destroy Doc's physical form no problem but that won't stop him for good.
Could just absorb his consciousness ermm

Omega Vision
Could just absorb his consciousness ermm
Not sure he could do that. Has he ever done that?

Kris Blaze
Not sure he could do that. Has he ever done that?
He absorbed Stardust's race and they were all intangible beings.

Better yet, even Mjolnir can absorb someone's soul/consciousness. It's a pretty basic skill once you go up above the high herald level. it's just.....easy.

SoulDevourer
hm Galactus eat energy but i dunno if he ever eaten souls, sounds more like magic

(Blackheart could prolly do it stick out tongue)

tideoftime
He absorbed Stardust's race and they were all intangible beings.

Better yet, even Mjolnir can absorb someone's soul/consciousness. It's a pretty basic skill once you go up above the high herald level. it's just.....easy.

Dr. M's abstract existance would be different from Stardust's intangiblity, and while "soul-suckage" could also work, in a certain manner, it might not affect Dr. M in the same context as it might most other beings. Note the use of the word "might"; neither confirming nor denying, but the matter is far from clear. Dr. M is a weird one, to say the least...

Kris Blaze
Dr. M's abstract existance would be different from Stardust's intangiblity, and while "soul-suckage" could also work, in a certain manner, it might not affect Dr. M in the same context as it might most other beings. Note the use of the word "might"; neither confirming nor denying, but the matter is far from clear. Dr. M is a weird one, to say the least...
Manhattan's an energy being, that's not abstract. Manhattan is not an abstract.

He absorbed the last 30 beings from Stardust's race after their energy forms had been destroyed.

Mindset
Dr. M's abstract existance would be different from Stardust's intangiblity, and while "soul-suckage" could also work, in a certain manner, it might not affect Dr. M in the same context as it might most other beings. Note the use of the word "might"; neither confirming nor denying, but the matter is far from clear. Dr. M is a weird one, to say the least... How is Dr. M different than Stardust?

Bouboumaster
Lol, Manhattan would get his ass whooped by Silver Surfer or Stardust, let alone Galactus.

JakeTheBank
Yeah...

I just don't see what Manhattan can do to even a moderately powerful Galactus.

Knowsbleed33

There's no way of knowing if it was impossible to totally kill Osterman since he was the only person with super powers in that universe.

Xplosive
Galactus stomps. Dr. M is probably in the league of SS.

Q99
Dr. Manhattan's powers are still growing with his knowledge of physics. Maybe in a few millenia this is a good fight. Dr. M's almost impossible to kill what with the multiple body and putting himself back together from nothing thing, though.

Mindset
Dr.M will never be a good match for Galactus.

Ever.

Batman-Prime
Doesn't the doc exist simulataneously in the past, present and future? Just wonder how Galactus would erase someone who does.

Anyway. Though i also have a hard time seeing how G destroys Manhattan I doubt that the Doc could take on an well fed G.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Xplosive
Galactus stomps. Dr. M is probably in the league of SS.

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Doesn't the doc exist simulataneously in the past, present and future? Just wonder how Galactus would erase someone who does.

Bouboumaster

Anyway. Though i also have a hard time seeing how G destroys Manhattan I doubt that the Doc could take on an well fed G.

You didn't understand the novel, right?

He said that he can look at the past, present and future, because the timelines are parallel. However, Surfer have shown to TRAVEL in time. They have a kind of power which look a like a lot, but Manhattan is limited:

Ozymandias once stated that Doc wouldn't be able to stop every nuclear missiles throwed by URSS if that happened.
Surfer travel far faster that speed of light.

And Surfer is made of but a fraction of the Mighty Galactus.

spawnwest
Dr. M would be able to fight Galactus while working on some experiment and having sex with some chick all at the same time. Galactus would just waste his energy fighting Dr. M.

They both would figure out that fighting each other is pointless and a waste of both of their time.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by spawnwest
Dr. M would be able to fight Galactus while working on some experiment and having sex with some chick all at the same time. Galactus would just waste his energy fighting Dr. M.

They both would figure out that fighting each other is pointless and a waste of both of their time.

Or, y'know, Galactus would punch Osterman in the face and end it.

TheKahn
Just going from the inferences in the novel, I've always assumed Dr. M to be more powerful than others on here is seems (which is understandable given the Dr.'s few "feats"wink. I though Alan Moore having him walk on water and contemplate creating life to be quite telling.

Hell, I've even hear some people opine that Dr. M might be the supreme being in DC. mhmm

In regards to a forum fight, Galactus wins easily with far more relevant feats.

Survivor19
One pimp hand is all that it would take to dissipate all Manhattan's nergies and destroy his consciousness to the point of no return.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

He said that he can look at the past, present and future, because the timelines are parallel. However, Surfer have shown to TRAVEL in time. They have a kind of power which look a like a lot, but Manhattan is limited:

Ozymandias once stated that Doc wouldn't be able to stop every nuclear missiles throwed by URSS if that happened.

I always looked at that "He won't be able to stop all of them" quote as something of dramatic PIS to build tension. Dr. Manhattan never demonstrated a limit to his teleportation or cloning abilities so he could have been everywhere on Earth that mattered at the same time and sent clones to every Russian missile silo, airbase, and submarine in the world to destroy them preemptively.

Survivor19
Doesn't means he doesn't have one...

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Survivor19
Doesn't means he doesn't have one...
But we don't know what it is.

jalek moye

so does everyone, he even pretty much stated as much. He just happene to be able to see everything that happens to him all at once.

Survivor19
With Ultimate Nullifyer.

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by TheKahn
Just going from the inferences in the novel, I've always assumed Dr. M to be more powerful than others on here is seems (which is understandable given the Dr.'s few "feats"wink. I though Alan Moore having him walk on water and contemplate creating life to be quite telling.

Hell, I've even hear some people opine that Dr. M might be the supreme being in DC. mhmm

In regards to a forum fight, Galactus wins easily with far more relevant feats.

There lies the answer.

Galactus will continue to gather feats in his existence. Whereas Dr. M powers are pretty much established. Dr. M was written to be all power and stuff....G just keeps getting absurd atributes as long as his fans demaned.

Batman-Prime

I think i did. smile

The Doc hasn't shown to have limits though. He was stated to have some by someone who clearly underestimated him.

Since he has no other feats it's quite pointless to guess his powerlevel. But i bet it's over 9000.

The only char that reminds me of the Doc and the only one who might be a reference to him, is Captain Adam from FC.

Firestorms
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Galactus curbstomps.

Galactus depowers him, turns him into a man, sneezes and accidentally kills him

Galactus time travels, goes back in time destroys the lab Jon was at so Dr Manhattan is never created
goes even further back in time, uses his big foot and steps on his granma and granpa

Galactus attacks not his body but his true astral form, murders him

There are probably 30-40 different ways Galactus stomps this

h1a8
Originally posted by Mindset
Dr.M will never be a good match for Galactus.

Ever.

He can if he duplicates himself more than a googol times. I'm pretty sure Galactus would get stomped then.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Survivor19
With Ultimate Nullifyer.

Galactus wouldn't need that.

Do you need a bazooka to kill a fly?

Naija boy

Are u joking? He would get annihilated by even the worst galactus we have seen on panel. Dr manhattan would get torn a new one by silver surfer. Him fighing galactus is just nonsensical.

Mindship
Isn't Galactus capable of mental/psionic attack?

Mindset
Originally posted by h1a8
He can if he duplicates himself more than a googol times. I'm pretty sure Galactus would get stomped then. Ignoring the fact the he has never shown the ability to do so, Galactus would still win.

Batman-Prime
Since no one knows the limits of Doc Manhatten it's quite pointless to think he would get stomped or that he would win. Galactus wins by default, against a character who might be an abstract but who lacks the feats to make a honest guess.

Mindset
Since no one knows the limits of Doc Manhatten it's quite pointless to think he would get stomped or that he would win. Galactus wins by default, against a character who might be an abstract but who lacks the feats to make a honest guess. No, Galactus stomps.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Naija boy
Are u joking? He would get annihilated by even the worst galactus we have seen on panel. Dr manhattan would get torn a new one by silver surfer. Him fighing galactus is just nonsensical.
Surfer could never put down Doc for good.

Mindset
Surfer absorbs him into his board.

Then surfs on his face.

Naija boy
Surfer could never put down Doc for good.

Board absorption,destroying his consciousness on the astral plane,Trapping him in solidified ethel energy, etc.

Eternal Idol
I was hoping batdude would have said it by now, but Galactus turns Manhattan into salt.

h1a8
Originally posted by Mindset
Ignoring the fact the he has never shown the ability to do so, Galactus would still win.

In comics or the movie? Because he has shown the ability in the movie.

kgkg
Originally posted by h1a8
In comics or the movie? Because he has shown the ability in the movie. He showed "googol times." in the movies?

Mindset
Just ignore him.

h1a8
Originally posted by kgkg
He showed "googol times." in the movies?
He can't instantly.
He can duplicate himself as many times as he wants (but not all at once) because all that is required is energy which is everywhere in the universe. He can make many of them at once and then each one of those can make the same amount. This becomes a geometric series in which whose sum reaches astronomical amount in a very short time.

IMO, full powered galactus should have no problem winning this. But a hungry Big G would have a challenge on his hands.

It may be ridiculous for Dr. to beat Galactus but it is even more ridiculous to think that Surfer could beat the Dr.

KuRuPT Thanosi
This thread is a joke. Galactus wins any way he wants, and it doesn't matter if he's starving or not. He owns Dr. M

h1a8
Why doesn't it matter if G is starving or not? I can see a well fed G winning but a starving one? If Dr. M duplicates himself enough times then G would have no chance. His little life energy he has left would be depleted. For each one he destroys more reappear.

r0nm0n88
based on what we have seen Galactus is far superior, Yet we dont know the upper limit to Dr. Manhattan. I feel like he has never tested his powers fully

Omega Vision
By feats Galactus stomps but I have a feeling that (this is implied power) Doc can beat a starving Galactus and he could beat Silver Surfer. Again Doc never blew up anyone with Surfer's durability but he probably could. I'm a fan of Doc which is a problem since he has no combat feats but I don't like how people act like he's just Firestorm with unreliable future sight.

Naija boy
By feats Galactus stomps but I have a feeling that (this is implied power) Doc can beat a starving Galactus and he could beat Silver Surfer. Again Doc never blew up anyone with Surfer's durability but he probably could. I'm a fan of Doc which is a problem since he has no combat feats but I don't like how people act like he's just Firestorm with unreliable future sight.

Doc cannot beat galactus ever that is not even debatable. As for the surfer incident, how is he supposed to blow up surfer? First of all he never blew up anyone even 1/1000th as durable as surfer and further, surfer has much better molecular control than he does. There is zero chance of that happening. Doc isnt some firestorm with future sight.......Firestorm has much better feats than he does and so is greater than him as well. All manhattan did was look impressive in a world full of non superpowered beings. He couldnt even stop all the nukes on earth smultaneously while guys like surfer have absorbed all power from the entire planet and deactivated every single machine on earth simultaneously. Surfer easily destroys manhattan via board absorption or destroying his consciousness.

h1a8
Dr. M can absorb energy too. Saying someone just absorbs him doesn't fly quite right. Plus Dr. M showed light speed reflexes too (the slowing of time) in the movie. Dr. M can become any height, duplicate himself multiple times, manipulate matter, absorb energy, amp himself, see the future without concentration, teleport, have nanosecond or better vision, can reform, etc.

If Galactus is starving Dr. M can just sit there and duplicate many of himselves even larger size than G himself and let G starve to death.

Naija boy
Dr M cannot absorb energy on a level even remotely close to that of galactus. Further Dr M never showed lightspeed reflexes at all. I dont know how ur r getting that....actually then again its just another one of ur long list of fabrications. Even if galactus is starving, he can kill manhattan in so many ways its not even funny. Seriously this needs to be closed for spite.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Naija boy
Dr M cannot absorb energy on a level even remotely close to that of galactus. Further Dr M never showed lightspeed reflexes at all. I dont know how ur r getting that....actually then again its just another one of ur long list of fabrications. Even if galactus is starving, he can kill manhattan in so many ways its not even funny. Seriously this needs to be closed for spite.
So who's the strongest opponent you think Doctor Manhattan can beat?

Bouboumaster
So who's the strongest opponent you think Doctor Manhattan can beat?

Hulk and Superman, because of they're weaknesses (Gamma and Solar absortion) are in the reach of Manhattan.

Captain Marvel, Beta Ray Bill, Black Adam, Wonder Woman and Thor would smack his face.

JakeTheBank
Hulk and Superman, because of they're weaknesses (Gamma and Solar absortion) are in the reach of Manhattan.

Captain Marvel, Beta Ray Bill, Black Adam, Wonder Woman and Thor would smack his face.

I'm assuming you're betting on magic messing up Manhattan then? Since we have no real way of knowing how magic affects Manhattan, it's kind of iffy to assume they can win (although if I had to pick someone to fight Manhattan, I would probably use a magical powered being myself).

Omega Vision

Yeah but I don't think most of those you listed could kill him for good. Thor maybe because of soul absorption assuming that works on Doc. Can BRB do the same thing with Stormbreaker?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.