Who would you choose as your powerhouse for your team?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who would you choose as your powerhouse on your team. The main person to go to when you have a main threat. The person to get the job done again an enemy.

Lets pretend that the people below have that team player instinct but they still possess the same attitude.

Thor
Superman
Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Firestorm

shokosugi
Superman
Hal Jordan
Thor
SS
Firestorm <-- why the fuuck is he on this list?

tideoftime
I'd probably go with SS, though Superman or Thor would work out better in the public relations sense. Hal is good, but more a secondary/"back-up" powerhouse, or a "co-powerhouse", so to speak. Firestorm is powerful, but generally not on par with the others in an across the board sense.

Mindset
I think SS is the strongest here, but I'd probably pick Superman because he has chiseled good looks.

no homo

rotiart
Thor.. He's more of a physical powerhouse IMO than surfer,.. But has a wider range of abilities than superman

The Nuul
Thor: Has the balls to get the job done and is better in most areas than Hal.

Hal: Has the balls to get the job done.

Supes: Is 2nd last because I feel he doesn't have any balls to get the job done at times.

SS: Is last because I feel he doesn't have any balls to get the job done at times.

Bouboumaster
I would choose Silver Surfer, because he's like a Swiss Knife, while being the most powerful out there.

Mindset
So would you pick Wolverine, Nuul?

Q99
I'd go with Superman, then I'm about tied between Thor and Surfer. Surfer's the most versatile power-wise, but Superman's good not just at fighting, but talking enemies down and rallying allies, which are pretty important too.

JakeTheBank
1. Thor. His powerset enables him to physically go toe-to-toe with a lot of people and Mjolnir grants him a wide array of versatility in its own right. His warrior mindset and skill in battle also is a plus. End of the day, Thor gets shit done.

shokosugi
Originally posted by The Nuul
Thor: Has the balls to get the job done and is better in most areas than Hal.

Hal: Has the balls to get the job done.

Supes: Is 2nd last because I feel he doesn't have any balls to get the job done at times.

SS: Is last because I feel he doesn't have any balls to get the job done at times.

Thor is mentally unstable. goes crazy often, got daddy issues, etc etc.

Silver Surfer is nothing but a glorified erand boy.

Hal is a good 2nd option

iceman24567
Thor is also the guy that always wants to get shit done no matter what. Blood and Oath is a good example.

redhotrash
I'd take Hal. He brings the least baggage with him. Superman has too many people out to get him. Thor is possibly even worse. And I wouldnt care to have Galactus or a jealous herald knocking on the door looking for SS either. Hal is simple. Hes tough, versatile, and has s obscene amount of backing from the rest of the Corps.

Q99
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thor is also the guy that always wants to get shit done no matter what. Blood and Oath is a good example.

The Mythological type Supers are good for declaring War on enemies.

iceman24567
Lol at Hal having the least baggage

TheKahn
SS - Cosmic awareness gives him an advantage that none of the others can match and is too valuable to ignore, imo.

redhotrash
Surfer would only be on loan until Galactus takes him back for the 50th time. Then what? Start accepting applications from Sentry? Screw that.

TheKahn
Originally posted by redhotrash
Surfer would only be on loan until Galactus takes him back for the 50th time. Then what? Start accepting applications from Sentry? Screw that.

They all have other beings that they are somehow bound to:

Thor - Odin and residents of Asgard
Hal - Guardians and other GLs
Superman - Residents of New Krypton/bottled city of Kandor
Firestorm - Leaders of JLA (he's still a rookie after all)

Baggage is had all around. So I'd just go for the Cosmic level powers and senses that SS offers. Not that it matters much, this is really just a matter of personal preference.

iceman24567
I agree Surfer is a liability so are lanterns though and now if they go rogue cyborg lanterns will not only turn off their rings but they will also buttrape them.

redhotrash
Im not downing the Surfer at all. Im just saying they are all pretty much strong enough that, for a earth bound team, the difference is moot. Surfer is too naive and too much of a pacifist for me. And I stand by my point that him and the other 2 are like bug zappers for trouble.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Mindset
I think SS is the strongest here, but I'd probably pick Superman because he has chiseled good looks.

So homo

Fixed.

TheKahn
All things being equal, I'd put Martian Manhunter ahead of Superman and in the same class SS, Thor, and Hal in terms of versatility.

Mindset
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Fixed. I will never accept your advances.

Kasper Gutman
My first instinct is Thor but I agree with Thekahn, he's going to be absent a lot if we're going with classic type Thor with Asgard being away from Earth. I pick Supes if that's the case. If it's Asgard on Earth Thor then I go with chiseled glory boy with the long flowing blonde locks..er I'm also not fruity.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Mindset
I will never accept your advances.
I know,you prefer to make your own.

Slaanesh
i pick the most powerful and versatile..SS..

khazra
If they act/fight as normally portrayed? Superman all day, everyday

Batman-Prime
1. Superman - He always does what he has to...
2. Thor - Never gives up but he ain't as human as Supes.
3. Firestorm - The classic one. Two Brains and some good powers.
4. Jordan - Strong will and fearless but he went insane once.
5. SS - Least Human way of thinking.

manx422
supes

Juntai
Originally posted by manx422
supes

Bentley
Supes is the most reliable power house out there, that's why he's Earth's greatest hero.

FrothByte
I'm stuck between thor and ss. SS has cosmic awarness which would come in really handy, not to mention he's the most versatile. Only problem is I'm not too appreciative of him being a pacifist. I don't want him calling me every now and then complaining about grannies crossing the street.

Thor on the other hand, altho not as versatile, i'd expect to simply get the job done, no questions asked.

i'd pick supes last, simply coz he's too much of a boyscout... plus i don't want him suddenly not showing up for work one day only to find out he ran into a crippled grandma with a kryptonite necklace.

Philosophía
Superman, easily.

-Pr-

TheKahn
Originally posted by -Pr-
people saying he doesn't get the job done... seriously?

He doesn't. Thor would have shoved Luthor's head up his own multi-billion dollar ass years ago saving the people of Metropolis countless tax dollars in rebuilding projects. no expression

-Pr-
Originally posted by TheKahn
He doesn't. Thor would have shoved Luthor's head up his own multi-billion dollar ass years ago saving the people of Metropolis countless tax dollars in rebuilding projects. no expression

when has superman lost?

getting the job done = killing people now?

TheKahn
when has superman lost?

getting the job done = killing people now?

Its not Superman who loses every time Luthor unleashes a 100ft atomic powered robot on the city, or bankrolls a new collection of super villains to rape, rob, pilliage, and burn - its the people Superman is suppose to protect.

So yeah, Superman gets plenty in the win column. Its the countless people who have lost loved ones, homes, and businesses that lose.

Honestly, I know Superman isn't a coldblooded killer but there has to be a point where his clear conscience comes at an unreasonable amount of pain, death, and suffering caused by his failure to permanently rid the world of scumbags like Luthor.

Lord Feron
SS would be my powerhouse. Since he automatically works as a team according to stips, so under my direction he would be the ideal powerhouse. His knowledge and high level matter manipulator and mental abilities makes him too valuable to pass up.

Supes - Besides big weaknesses everyone knows about I don't want someone on my team that won't do what is necessary. Definitely my 3rd Choice.

Hal - Is a good choice. But I think SS easily has the potential to do everyhting he can do but a notch better. 4th Choice.

Thor - He would be my second choice. The power and mentality is great. Would gladly have him on my team. 2nd Choice.

Lord Feron
Its not Superman who loses every time Luthor unleashes a 100ft atomic powered robot on the city, or bankrolls a new collection of super villains to rape, rob, pilliage, and burn - its the people Superman is suppose to protect.

So yeah, Superman gets plenty in the win column. Its the countless people who have lost loved ones, homes, and businesses that lose.

Honestly, I know Superman isn't a coldblooded killer but there has to be a point where his clear conscience comes at an unreasonable amount of pain, death, and suffering caused by his failure to permanently rid the world of scumbags like Luthor.

I absolutely agree but thats if he just killed luthor then... it wouldn't really be a comicbook. A hero needs their villian, or else a hero loses their day job.

But I agree I rather have someone on my team who can do what is needed.

h1a8
This may suprise you but I choose Thor as the one.
The avengers were my favorite team growing up mostly because of Thor. When Thor entered the scene I felt he was the man that was going to make it happen (He seemed so much powerful than the rest of the team). Surfer has been knocked off his board too many times and fought stupidly too many times for me. And he is much weaker without his board because of lack of mobility. Don't know much about Hal. I don't know if firestorm is even bulletproof (can be shot from behind).

If Superman isn't hindered by stupidity most of the time and isn't as weak to magic then I may choose him. Why doesn't he use his vibrating speed more often or Why hasn't he flown into the sun more often to get an advantage on an enemy? DD would have never killed him if he did. Maybe it makes the story more interesting or maybe he couldn't stand to leave the threat on Earth for more than a minute.

kgkg
^ This is not a pick your favorite hero thread. This is pick a hero who would be the best protector <most powerful/versatile etc>.

It's funny how you picked Thor but claimed Superman is millions of time faster and stronger.

Originally posted by h1a8 If Superman isn't hindered by stupidity most of the time laughing out loud really now.

FrothByte

Totally agree. He just keeps shoving luthor in jail... which luthor just keeps bailing out of. You know at some point I would have gotten frustrated if i was him... and if i didn't have the stomach to kill luthor then at least i would have broken his arms and legs or something.

Thor, SS, and GL (not sure about firestorm) all have superpowered beings as arch nemesis... but supes, he gets flustered all the time by the human lex luthor. brilliant man, but still human. ofcourse, what more can you expect from a guy who has a gf who can't tell a man's identity when he wears eye glasses.

quanchi112

Mindship
Superman. I have yet to hear anyone say, "This is a job for ."

Thor would probably brick it before remembering he had a hammer.
Surfer would spout peacenickery before finally getting serious.
Hal...just not as impressive looking as the others.
Firestorm....who? (j/k).

WickedDynamite

By that rationale why doesn't Thor get rid of the baddies in New York? He's a god and he can kill...why doesnt he?

darthgoober
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
By that rationale why doesn't Thor get rid of the baddies in New York? He's a god and he can kill...why doesnt he?
Cause Captain America won't let him... duh stick out tongue .

quanchi112
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
By that rationale why doesn't Thor get rid of the baddies in New York? He's a god and he can kill...why doesnt he? Thor does kill when absolutely necessary. Superman is too much of a boy scout imo.

WickedDynamite
Getting rid of crime is an absolute necessary.

Check!

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Mindship
That's kinda lame. Nobody else says "It sounds like someone's baby needs to be punched by !" Does that mean there's someone who can punch a baby better than me? Maybe. But I doubt it.

Bentley
Dude, if you want to kill Luthor in real life shoot him in jail or something. Is not like criminal justice is the same in DC as in real life.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Mindship

Isn't it normally Supes that's saying that though? Like he hears about an airplane crashing and spouts that as he flies off to save them?

-Pr-

if you were to add up the amount of people that had been killed because of superman failing to save them, and tallied that against Thor or Surfer's count, i'm pretty sure Superman would have a decent count, if not the best of people saved.

Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor does kill when absolutely necessary. Superman is too much of a boy scout imo.

like superman has never killed when it's necessary? he will if you push him far enough. people really seem to forget that sometimes.

TheKahn
if you were to add up the amount of people that had been killed because of superman failing to save them, and tallied that against Thor or Surfer's count, i'm pretty sure Superman would have a decent count, if not the best of people saved.

like superman has never killed when it's necessary? he will if you push him far enough. people really seem to forget that sometimes.

Depends on how you define "people." The Surfer regularly saves entire planets full of sentient beings making his total somewhere in tens if not hundreds of billions saved.

Thor probably has about the same if not more than Superman if you count all the times he's saved Midgard from invasion/destruction by the forces of Surtur and Ymir. At roughly six billion a pop, that adds up quite quickly.

Fundamentally, I just have a problem with Superman's tolerance for villainy before he'll start with the death-dealing. Its just inexcusable to me that Superman has let Luthor live considering all the death and destruction the latter as leveled against the innocent over the years.

People detract from the Silver Surfer because he's suppose to be some sort of pacifist, but I think that label applies more to Superman than the Surfer. If I'm going into a fight, I wouldn't want the boyscout on my side. I'll take the cosmic philosopher who'll readily kill if he finds it necessary.

Juntai
Originally posted by darthgoober
Isn't it normally Supes that's saying that though? Like he hears about an airplane crashing and spouts that as he flies off to save them? Not usually. Though I'm sure he has.

Kris Blaze
That's crazy no expression

Superman thought that Black had killed Lois and still didn't off him. Of course, Superman doesn't really stand a chance against the new Manchester Black, but still.

JakeTheBank
Thor is the more likely to put down a foe for good, IMO. Especially if he thinks Asgardian and Midgardian lives are at stake. He's not the most charismatic and it could be argued he's not the most explicitly powerful choice, but Thor, at the end of the day, will wreck somebody's shit.

id369
The best powerhouse from the Herald Class are Genis-Vell, Sentry, and Eradicator (full Kryptonian).

TheKahn
Originally posted by id369
The best powerhouse from the Herald Class are Genis-Vell, Sentry, and Eradicator (full Kryptonian).

No thanks. I'd rather not entrust the survival of my planet to the hands of two certifiable nutjobs and a genocidal alien construct. no expression

JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

id369
No thanks. I'd rather not entrust the survival of my planet to the hands of two certifiable nutjobs and a genocidal alien construct. no expression

stoned

BattleMage
RUNE KING THOR!

Mindset
Rune King Superman

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
That's crazy no expression

Superman thought that Black had killed Lois and still didn't off him. Of course, Superman doesn't really stand a chance against the new Manchester Black, but still.

because he had another option.

when he felt he had no other recourse, he killed doomsday. he wanted to kill brainiac during owaw.

what new black?

Doctor-Alvis
I think I'd pick Thor. Because apparently at one point if any of his options were to kill he would choose that option. Plus he's totally metal.

shokosugi
yeah i agree Thor is totally mental.

r0nm0n88
hmm. i take supes,
ss has a history of rebeling on people who rely on him.
thor would prob get annoying.
and i think supes>hal

redhotrash
For a earth based team, you dont really need to go any more powerful than Hal. Any threats that he cant handle you'd likely need to call on more help regardless of who your heavy hitter also. I stand by him being the most reliable as well. Surfer is just too detached, he hasnt lived on earth that long and is just very alien. Superman has a obscenely large and powerful rogue's gallery, not to mention any Joe Schmo can get kryptonite anymore. Thor isnt a bad choice, but he lives in a perpetual culture shock. While he doent have the few glaring vulnerabilies that Supes might have, hes not really a earthling and will likely put his own people and issues first when the time comes. Hal was born and raised here, is easily relatable, and to me seems the most dependable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.