Computer question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
I am trying to figure out how to view the vidoes I record with my cell phone on my computer. When I plug my micro SD card into the slot on my tower it finds the files but when I try to view my videos it says it cannot play the file. It will let me view photos however. Does anybody know what I can do to view these files?

the.kenzo
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I am trying to figure out how to view the vidoes I record with my cell phone on my computer. When I plug my micro SD card into the slot on my tower it finds the files but when I try to view my videos it says it cannot play the file. It will let me view photos however. Does anybody know what I can do to view these files?

...download new video codecs.

Peach
Chances are likely you just need to convert the video to a different file format. Phones don't necessarily use the same formats.

Robtard

What kind of video file is it? AVI, MPEG-4, MOV, RM etc etc etc etc

RightClick-Properties, will let you know, if you have 'hide file extensions' set.

AsbestosFlaygon
Download Shark007's Vista Codec Pack

http://shark007.net/vistacodecpackage.html

This works for XP/Vista.
Once installed, you can play virtually any media file with any video player, even with the default Windows Media Player!

He also has a separate installer for Windows 7.

Robtard
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

This works for XP/Vista.
Once installed, you can play virtually any media file with any video player, even with the default Windows Media Player!

I usually use K-lite (the mega version), that codec package looks great though. Barring there's no adware.

snoopdogg
Thanks for the info. But I do have another issue that just came up. When I turned my computer on the other day a message popped up saying it cannot load my user profile and that a temporary one was created. It won't let me access my documents and stuff. Anybody have any suggestions?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Robtard
What kind of video file is it? AVI, MPEG-4, MOV, RM etc etc etc etc

RightClick-Properties, will let you know, if you have 'hide file extensions' set. I think they are 3g2 files.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Robtard
I usually use K-lite (the mega version), that codec package looks great though. Barring there's no adware.
I used K-crap before switching to Shark007's Codec Pack.

Beware though, 'cause some anti-virus software will detect his installer as an unwanted software, simply because he uses AutoIt for the codec pack.

He has addressed this to ESET (developers of NOD32 AV.. you can read more about this issue in his website), but ESET dismissed his request and instead blamed the customers for the 'wrong configuration'.

But anyways, stick to the codec pack where you feel most comfortable with.

Thanks for the info. But I do have another issue that just came up. When I turned my computer on the other day a message popped up saying it cannot load my user profile and that a temporary one was created. It won't let me access my documents and stuff. Anybody have any suggestions?
Seems to me someone has hacked into your PC, or your PC is infected with malware!

Do you use a firewall for your PC? Make sure it's turned on, even the Windows Firewall will do.

Are you using Windows XP?

Download MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware and do a full scan.. if it detects any malware, be sure to let MBAM clean it.

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Malwarebytes-AntiMalware/1186760019/1

If all else fails, use ComboFix.. It works for XP only.

http://www.combofix.org/

snoopdogg
I'm using Windows Vista. Somebody told me to try a system restore and low and behold so far so good it worked.

BTW how do you tell if your firewall is on?

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

This works for XP/Vista.

Will try this for W7. I have some great ones for Xp but they dont work for 7. Thanks.

AsbestosFlaygon
I'm using Windows Vista. Somebody told me to try a system restore and low and behold so far so good it worked.

BTW how do you tell if your firewall is on?
Sorry, I can't address you with your problem.

I made the transition from XP to 7, and skipped Vista.

But I think it is very similar to Win7.

Does it also have an Action Center in the System tray (the small flag icon you see next to the clock in the right of the taskbar)?
Open the Action Center, and check whether the built-in Windows Firewall is off or on.. if it isn't called Action Center, then it's Security Center.

Or you can use another software firewall for Vista, if you prefer.. like ZoneAlarm or Outpost.

Robtard
I only used Vista for about a month before switching to Win7, but it could be similar to XP, if it doesn't have the Action Center like Win7. If so, it should in be your control panel.

Robtard
I think they are 3g2 files.

QuickTime should play it, as well as the VLC player. Both free for Windows.

If you load the K-lite Codec pack into your Windows Media Player, it should play 3g2 files too, or you could try the Sharks007 codec pack, as posted above. This is if you don't want another individual player on your comp.

Dominic EX
So far, I used Quicktime to view 3gp videos.

If yours is not 3gp, mp4 instead. Just download k-lite codec pack or CCCP.
Install it and use Media Player Classic to view the videos.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.