Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, and Aquaman vs Magneto, Apocalypse, and Dr. Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Which trio wins?

Blanket
Two things

Marvel
Villians
DOOOOOOM!

Q99
Hm, team B is stronger, team A has better teamwork. Still, B.

Naija boy
Team A

shokosugi
WW or MM solos Team 2

r0nm0n88
Originally posted by Q99
Hm, team B is stronger, team A has better teamwork. Still, B.

I hope you arent saying that team B is physically stronger.
Anyway team A wins this due to the fact that they have a speed advantage. And doom isnt all that great without prep. he can be taken out all most immediately by WW or MM. then its a 3 on 2.

The Nuul
Doom solos.

Bentley
Aquaman is the weak link.

Mindset
Originally posted by r0nm0n88
\ And doom isnt all that great without prep. he can be taken out all most immediately by WW or MM. then its a 3 on 2. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

r0nm0n88
Originally posted by Mindset
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

lol with no prep doom isnt on the level of MM and WW, and they take him out quickly.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by shokosugi
WW or MM solos Team 2

Nah.

Mindset
lol with no prep doom isnt on the level of MM and WW, and they take him out quickly. Ignoring the fact that that's not all I quoted, you're still wrong.

r0nm0n88
so you think doom can stand against ww or MM with out prep, and last more than 10 minutes?

Mindset
Yes.

Warlord
of course he can. doom has the durability he needs and powerful magic to compensate for physical inferiority.

anyway team 2 wins due to aquaman

Konton
Team 1 do to massive speed, power, and durability advantages.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Warlord
of course he can. doom has the durability he needs and powerful magic to compensate for physical inferiority.

anyway team 2 wins due to aquaman
Yeah, that's why he needs the destroyer armor to beat on Thor, right?

redhotrash
Didnt a guy with near identicle powers to Magneto already take out WW and MM at the same time?

JakeTheBank
To my knowledge Dr. Polaris was amped or something else of that nature. Not that that matters since Magneto > Dr. Polaris by a healthy margin and then some. If Team 2 had someone with a smaller jobbing aura than Apoc, I'd feel more comfortable voting for them.

-Pr-
he was amped. plus he was jokerised.

you can't use one character's feats for another, regardless of how similar they are.

BattleMage
Originally posted by The Nuul
Doom solos.

Konton
Well if Mags had his shields at round start... maybe team 2 would take a few wins.

r0nm0n88
Originally posted by xJLxKing

but didnt you know doom is so cool, he couldnt possibly lose a fight, even if he is outclassed in many ways. Doom could beat WW and MM, Prob at the same time

Mindset
Your sarcasm doesn't hide the fact that you don't actually know anything about Doom.

r0nm0n88
never debating, and acting as if youre an expert doesnt prove you know alot either. give me a scenario of how in a PISless And CISless environment doom holds his own against either MM or WW.

Mindset
What was I supposed to be debating, all you've done is make unsupported and uninformed claims.

I never claimed or insinuated I was an expert, I've just pointed out that you don't know what you're talking about.

Q99
The best strategy for team 1 would likely be to have WW go strait for Doom (since her lasso can shut down his magic) and have Superman and Aquaman deal with the other two.

manx422
T1

Warlord
Originally posted by xJLxKing

he has done it in the past too without the destroyer...

TheKahn
Originally posted by The Nuul
Doom solos.

It's possible given his recent power up. mhmm

Originally posted by Galan007
A few revelations were just revealed..

-We learn that Doom is/was the Marquis of Death's apprentice.

-We also learn that, despite him being torn apart (literally) at the dawn of time, Doom's sheer hatred somehow kept him alive.

-He studied the black arts for millions of years; transforming his body molecule by molecule, until no traces of his former self remained.

-It is revealed that he apparently became powerful enough to kill a Watcher.

-He may have been powerful enough to kill Clyde Wincham.

http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/1930961_d1.jpg http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/1930962_d2.jpg http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/1930965_d3.jpg http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/1930966_d4.jpg http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/1930967_d5.jpg http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/1930968_d6.jpg

What this means for future issues involving Doom is beyond me..
Not sure if he's any more feats relating to this yet, though.

Warlord
Originally posted by Q99
The best strategy for team 1 would likely be to have WW go strait for Doom (since her lasso can shut down his magic) and have Superman and Aquaman deal with the other two.

superman?

Q99
Originally posted by Warlord
superman?

Oops, ment Martian Manhunter.

redhotrash
you can't use one character's feats for another, regardless of how similar they are.

Of course you can, people do it all the time on here. People always bring up Supe's vulnerability to magic in fights that put him against Dr. Strange for example. Thats just one of many I can give you. So if Dr. Polaris can use his magnetic powers to take out MM and Wonder Woman easily, then so can Magneto. Its not ABC logic, its just the way it is.

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by redhotrash

Of course you can, people do it all the time on here. People always bring up Supe's vulnerability to magic in fights that put him against Dr. Strange for example. Thats just one of many I can give you. So if Dr. Polaris can use his magnetic powers to take out MM and Wonder Woman easily, then so can Magneto. Its not ABC logic, its just the way it is.

Perhaps, but people are trying to show you that the feat is not what it seems. Polaris was seriously amped AND what he did to WW for example is not really consistent with her character. She had not shown those supposed weaknesses and her armor cannot be magnetized. The bracers aren't really metal.

Mindset
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
She had not shown those supposed weaknesses and her armor cannot be magnetized. The bracers aren't really metal. What wasn't consistent?

They've been shown to be resistant to magnetism?

DTM
lol with no prep doom isnt on the level of MM and WW, and they take him out quickly.

While Ill agree that without prep Doom would lose to either WW or MM, but itll be far from quick or easy. Doom has without prep, especially recently, battled Extremis Iron Man on equal footing (as Doom is more using magic and science together these days), and that to be is enough to make for an interesting battle with either WW or MM, and to beat AQ (and this being, Doom is probably the weakest overall on his team).

redhotrash
Not to mention Doom can body swap and all that.

DTM
Hmmmmm, not sure hes ever done that in battle, or has he?

Blanket
Originally posted by -Pr-
he was amped. plus he was jokerised.

you can't use one character's feats for another, regardless of how similar they are. I'll remember this the next time a Superman clone beats someone Superman is fighting. smile

redhotrash
Besides, lets assume the Dr. Polaris fight was a bit off with how he handled Diana, really all he has to take out is MM to allow Apoc to work his TP

-Pr-
Originally posted by Blanket
I'll remember this the next time a Superman clone beats someone Superman is fighting. smile

laughing out loud

there's a difference between deduction and flat out ABC logic

Blanket
laughing out loud

there's a difference between deduction and flat out ABC logic ABC logic is Polaris beat JL<Magneto

Deduction is Polaris used the same powers Magneto has used on many an occasion to defeat MM and WW (well, maybe not the blood iron trick, but he has used it before). Life is like a pocket full of Pokeballs. Just because Zapdos is more powerful than Pikachu, that doesn't mean that Pikachu still won't be super effective to the same people Zapdos is. smile

-Pr-
ABC logic is Polaris beat JL<Magneto

Deduction is Polaris used the same powers Magneto has used on many an occasion to defeat MM and WW (well, maybe not the blood iron trick, but he has used it before).

and that would be fine if the blood in the iron trick was useful against a shapeshifter that can alter his molecular structure at a whim.

Blanket
and that would be fine if the blood in the iron trick was useful against a shapeshifter that can alter his molecular structure at a whim. It was. smile

redhotrash
Its not ABC logic at all. Its using near identicle powersets. You are basically saying NOTHING from that scan is usuable... kind of presumptious.

Q99
Besides, lets assume the Dr. Polaris fight was a bit off with how he handled Diana, really all he has to take out is MM to allow Apoc to work his TP

Aquaman's a telepath too and Diana's lasso protects against TP as well, she's normally not affected by Dr. Psycho's telepathy at all. Diana's resistant or immune to a lot of indirect stuff that works on most bricks.

-Pr-
It was. smile

that one time.

Originally posted by Q99
Aquaman's a telepath too and Diana's lasso protects against TP as well, she's normally not affected by Dr. Psycho's telepathy at all. Diana's resistant or immune to a lot of indirect stuff that works on most bricks.

if it's PIS, then yes, it's not usable.

Q99

if it's PIS, then yes, it's not usable.

She even uses the lasso to block telepathy on others fairly often. It's a normal ability.

Warlord
IMO written at their best
Magneto beats WW nut works for it
MM beats Pocy but works for it
Doom trashes Aquaman

shiv
I think its fair to expect WW and MM to identify Pocs Power and Dooms magic right off the bat, And leave Mag who is the most human looking to Aquaman.

J.C. Aquaman. stomps Magneto shuts down Dooms Magic and adds his tp to MM to defeat The Poc.

If this is A.C. Orin then Mags pimpslaps And Its a 3v2 stomp for Team 2

galactusischere
Team two wins due to versatality

Batman-Prime
I just wonder why Magneto is so underestimated on these Forums. It might be some time since I read a good comic with Erik but those i remember portrayed him as a team wrecker.
He should be able to hold his own against enemies like Thor, Superman or Hulk.

smile

I think Team two wins about 6/10

redhotrash
He has held his own against Thor and them, look at his respect thread. But yeah hes underrated here. Aquaman's TP is a joke compared to Apoc's. Not to mention its not his only power. Dr. Doom could likely bind MM as well since Im skeptical that he can go intangible against like the bands or something in that category. Besides, to varying degrees, all of team 2 are resistant to TP. I see it coming down to WW vs either 2 or 3 of them. Aquaman is almost a nonfactor.

DTM
Yeah, Ill officially go Team Villains, as I just dont see AQ with the needed power to make a huge difference to these SHWs hell be fighting here.

tideoftime
Gotta go with Team 2 on this one. While Diana and especially J'onn can really bust ass when at their peak, in this scenario they are outgunned: Aquaman is a non-factor in this, for the most part, and that essentially leaves Team 1 outnumbered. While on individual levels WW and MM can hold out or possibly win against any one of the the others, with 3 on 2, the amazon and the martian are going down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.