New avatar sizes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
There. I said it.

Raz, my love, would it be possible for us to have larger avatars to ring in the merry old 2010? Say, 150x150?

I'm actually half serious, to be honest. The current 100x100 avatars are suitable if you ask me, but a larger size could be a bright new addition to our little community.

What say?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Impediment
There. I said it.

Raz, my love, would it be possible for us to have larger avatars to ring in the merry old 2010? Say, 150x150?

I'm actually half serious, to be honest. The current 100x100 avatars are suitable if you ask me, but a larger size could be a bright new addition to our little community.

What say?

^ seconded.

and yes, i see the irony.

BruceSkywalker
thirded..

i would love a bigger size avy if it were to happen

the.kenzo
150x150 for members here 5 years or longer only please.

Impediment
........Agreed.

I'd have to wait until April, but, what the Hell, say I.

the.kenzo
I think we need a big reboot of KMC actually, lets get rid of the dead forums, condense things down so we have more people in each area, makes the place seem more alive.

Impediment
Agreed.

Apart from Ushgarak, I have the most forums to mod. Granted, most of my forums are, for lack of a better term, dead, I would love to see some of my forums combined so confusion can be avoided.

-Pr-
Agreed.

Apart from Ushgarak, I have the most forums to mod. Granted, most of my forums are, for lack of a better term, dead, I would love to see some of my forums combined so confusion can be avoided.

orly

you might actually, i'm just kidding...

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by the.kenzo
150x150 for members here 5 years or longer only please. yes

Vinny Valentine
150x150 for members here 5 years or longer only please.

I agree.

KMC is getting boring, needs to be played with a bit. You know its bad when you make a thread or a post in the OTF, and two weeks later it's pretty well in the same spot.

Rogue Jedi
I'd like to see music players on our profiles. Maybe animated backgrounds?

Impediment
I wouldn't go THAT far, in my opinion. The last thing I want is to see KMC turn into MySpace.

Impediment
........Agreed.

I'd have to wait until April, but, what the Hell, say I.

Actually, I wouldn't have to wait since I'm a moderator. I forgot!

Bardock42
I wouldn't go THAT far, in my opinion. The last thing I want is to see KMC turn into MySpace. Well, we already do have youtube videos.

Peach
Which should be more than enough.

(I still want there to be a limit on the number of videos and images one can put in a profile, or something)

Impediment
Originally posted by Peach
Which should be more than enough.

(I still want there to be a limit on the number of videos and images one can put in a profile, or something)

I do, very much, agree that videos should be profiled sparingly. Some peoples' profiles take almost a minute to open because of all of the shit they have in there.

Vinny Valentine
Lets not get off topic: Avatar sizes for people past 4-5+ Years

Impediment
Bigger avatars! 150x150!

Bardock42
Bigger avatars! 150x150!

Yay, bigger avatars for 5+ year members, no exceptions for mods w00t

Impediment
Silence! I keel you!

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yay, bigger avatars for 5+ year members, no exceptions for mods w00t

Impediment
You registered 2 months after I did! You wouldn't get one until June! dur

Bardock42
You registered 2 months after I did! You wouldn't get one until June! dur

Yay, bigger avatars for 5+ year members, no exceptions for mods, but Vinny gets one right away w00t

Vinny Valentine
Yay, bigger avatars for 5+ year members, no exceptions for mods, but Vinny gets one right away w00t

w00t

Impediment
I hope your next shit is square.

Scythe
150x150 would be nice.

Blue Wiccan
Speaking of avatar sizes 64x64 is just a riduculous size no offence for a newbie to have they may as well no bother having one. what is with the rule anyway where you have to wait so long to have 85x85 then 100x100 after so long heck most sites let you have whatever anyway..but yeah 150x150 after 5 years jeez i could be dead by then waiting that long.

Peach
Hey, it used to be that all members, other than mods, only had 64x64 avatars.

And a lot of sites don't allow any sort of avatars, or you're limited to whatever they have in their gallery.

Blue Wiccan
Or you can use links etc - and actually most sites do allow bigger avatars I do know i go on plenty to know and they don't make you wait one year, Two years or whatever to wait to have a bigger avatar size I just don't see what the big fuss is you should just be allowed to have 100x100 or 150x150 anyway. and I'm no having a go I'm just having an opinion.

the.kenzo
Originally posted by Blue Wiccan
Or you can use links etc - and actually most sites do allow bigger avatars I do know i go on plenty to know and they don't make you wait one year, Two years or whatever to wait to have a bigger avatar size I just don't see what the big fuss is you should just be allowed to have 100x100 or 150x150 anyway. and I'm no having a go I'm just having an opinion.

Can you read? She said a lot of sites don't allow avatars. She did not say all of them. Just because you've been on sites that allow ridiculous sized avatars right off the bat does not mean we have to.

The time limit for avatar sizes is called a "member incentive". It's not much, but some people get excited when they are allowed to upgrade their size.

Hey, it used to be that all members, other than mods, only had 64x64 avatars.

Actually, when I first joined, it was 64x64 for EVERYONE. fastnuts

Vinny Valentine

This sounds still pretty good.

Raz
I think we need a big reboot of KMC actually, lets get rid of the dead forums, condense things down so we have more people in each area, makes the place seem more alive. Absolutely agree with you!

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Raz
Absolutely agree with you!

w00t

Peach
Thinking about it, I have a few ideas as to what can be condensed/gotten rid of to clean things up and streamline them...

Impediment
Some of my dead or slow moving movie forums (foreign, animation/cgi, and sci-fi/fantasy) could be merged with the MDF like the Kill Bill/Tarantino forums were.

Nobody ever posts in these forums anymore, so if they were merged with the MDF, the MDF might get more hits and liven up.

The same could be said for the Horror Forum, too, but that place is BackFire's turf more than mine, since he has been modding far longer than I have.

Hell, a lot of the movie franchise forums could be mass merged, too. Matrix, Terminator, Indy Jones, Transformers..........even the Comic Book Movies forum could be merged, too, but that might be pushing it. It'd be Tron and Digi's call.

Gooogle Bot
I don't know but doesn't 150x150 sound too much of an overkill? 100x100 size avatars are pretty much a standard on the net; not saying we have to follow it but why the need for 150 pixel avatars?

If anything at least upgrade the limit of the file size.

Digi
I wouldn't mind seeing some streamlining. As for the comic section, which is probably the only one I can have a valid opinion on, we actually weeded out a couple old forums years back (Hulk, one other that I'm forgetting).

I've long thought that the respective character forums could be condensed by company (Marvel/DC) so that we have a Spider-Man/X-Men forum and a Superman/Batman forum. So 2 instead of 4. Because they do get enough hits to warrant existence, but not so many that they couldn't easily coexist.

I hesitate to recommend other merges. We are a movie site, after all, and merging the general comics forum with the movies forum into an all-encompassing comic forum seems the only other possibility. But my earlier idea stands.

Impediment
So you recommend against merging Comic Movies with MDF?

Peach
Originally posted by Digi

I've long thought that the respective character forums could be condensed by company (Marvel/DC) so that we have a Spider-Man/X-Men forum and a Superman/Batman forum. So 2 instead of 4. Because they do get enough hits to warrant existence, but not so many that they couldn't easily coexist.

I agree with that - I know I was kind of hesitant about it in the past, but now I think it might be a good idea.

Most of the movie franchise forums are kind of dead now, to be honest. KMC may have originally been a movie forum, but it really isn't that much anymore. It's evolved into a general/chat forum more than anything else in the past few years.

BackFire
Some of my dead or slow moving movie forums (foreign, animation/cgi, and sci-fi/fantasy) could be merged with the MDF like the Kill Bill/Tarantino forums were.

Nobody ever posts in these forums anymore, so if they were merged with the MDF, the MDF might get more hits and liven up.

The same could be said for the Horror Forum, too, but that place is BackFire's turf more than mine, since he has been modding far longer than I have.

Hell, a lot of the movie franchise forums could be mass merged, too. Matrix, Terminator, Indy Jones, Transformers..........even the Comic Book Movies forum could be merged, too, but that might be pushing it. It'd be Tron and Digi's call.

Sounds good to me. The horror forum has lost most of its regulars, not much activity there. Would be fine with me merging it.

Impediment
Thanx for the input, guys.

This could liven up the place a LOT.

There is nothing wrong with multiple movie forums, I have to agree, but there are SO MANY of these forums that they are, for lack of a better word, dead.

The MDF could be a thriving place if this mass move happened.

But I digress........

Bigger avys, Raz. Please. wink

Impediment
Originally posted by Gooogle Bot
I don't know but doesn't 150x150 sound too much of an overkill? 100x100 size avatars are pretty much a standard on the net; not saying we have to follow it but why the need for 150 pixel avatars?

If anything at least upgrade the limit of the file size.

It's just an idea, is all.

KMC needs some "spring cleaning" and "re-modeling" if you get me.

Bigger avys would be, in my earnest opinion, a fresh new addition.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by LanceWindu

The time limit for avatar sizes is called a "member incentive". It's not much, but some people get excited when they are allowed to upgrade their size.

...I was one of these people. >.<

and I think the merging is a great idea. big grin

and the 150x150 would be interesting, honestly. big grin

The Nuul
Bigger avys would be very nice, but I would like bigger sigs more.....sad

Badabing
You registered 2 months after I did! You wouldn't get one until June! dur I knew I sensed the dur here.

duryoda

Impediment
Just wondering if people were still up for voting for bigger avys.

BruceSkywalker

I'd be up for it, even if I have to wait a few extra months

LanceWindu

I thought Raz liked the idea and was going to do it already. We have to vote now?

Bardock42
I thought Raz liked the idea and was going to do it already. We have to vote now? I don't think Raz said anything on avatar size.

Impediment
Raz agreed on Ken's post about re-booting KMC and condensing forums.

I dunno if he agreed on biggery avatar sizes or not.

He hasn't logged on since I made this thread, almost.

Bardock42
Yeah, he really should embiggen the avatar size already.

Clovie
150x150 for members here 5 years or longer only please. purplequeen1
and maybe over 50k posts? big grin

and for real.. couldn't we have few bytes more? dunno 20kb? 'cause it's now 15 and it hurts..

LanceWindu
What? 15kb is more than enough for an avatar.

Clovie
apparently I have bigger needs eyes

LanceWindu
Apparently you don't know how to compress an image.

Clovie
why are you being such an ass? I don't have a problem with being unable to compress. However, I would like not having to compress. is it that difficult to understand?

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Clovie
why are you being such an ass? I don't have a problem with being unable to compress. However, I would like not having to compress. is it that difficult to understand?

That's just plain laziness. If they look great at a more compressed size, why do you need a larger size? Save the bandwidth for something more important.

Clovie
but we're talking about getting the 150x150pxls. now max is what? 85? 100? I don't see why can't we have 5kb more for those 50 or so square pixels.

LanceWindu
If we get the larger avatar, then maybe we'd need the extra 5kb, but you'd be surprised at what you can do under 15kb.

Clovie
hm.. I guess so..
what are the limits for sig? huh

LanceWindu
500x150px, 50kb I believe

Clovie
tx happy

Peach
500x150px, 50kb I believe

540x150px, actually.

And I thought the avatar limit was 20kb. Though yeah, there's really no excuse to not compress an image if possible.

LanceWindu
540x150px, actually.

And I thought the avatar limit was 20kb. Though yeah, there's really no excuse to not compress an image if possible.

Geez, Raz is allowing for pretty big sigs these days.

540 is too wide, IMO.

Peach
It's been that way for years now...

LanceWindu
I never used the size, so I guess I just forgot.

IMO, a great size for a sig is 450x125. stick out tongue

Impediment
Where are you, Raz? We need our leader!

LanceWindu

Have Peach or Ush email him, he'll usually show up not long after they do.

Skittle

Sipping a pina colada in the Bahamas!
Plotting his next forum domination.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.