The Most Dumbest Things that Involed a Videogame

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Everything that has happened videogame-related has gotten ridiculous. Like that time Resident Evil 5 was accused of being racism or when Nannies were offended by the "Bad Nanny" Achievement/Trophy in Dante's Inferno and actually called the ESRB to tell EA Redwood to remove it. Things like that are just plain dumb and so I ask you, what's the dumbest thing you've heard that involved a videogame?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Everything that has happened videogame-related has gotten ridiculous. Like that time Resident Evil 5 was accused of being racism or when Nannies were offended by the "Bad Nanny" Achievement/Trophy in Dante's Inferno and actually called the ESRB to tell EA Redwood to remove it. Things like that are just plain dumb and so I ask you, what's the dumbest thing you've heard that involved a videogame?

Some Korean dude killing another person IRL because of an MMO. Also, there were people who literally starved/fatigued to death because of WoW.

Nemesis X
I once heard that a guy robbed a Gamestop. Snagged a Wii and a few games and fled but before he did that, he shot one of the employees in the leg for getting in his way.

That ACDC Chick
Left 4 Dead 2 was accused of being racist cause people said most of the infected looked black and there was bodies floating in the water which offended people affected by Hurricane Katrina

dadudemon
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
Left 4 Dead 2 was accused of being racist cause people said most of the infected looked black and there was bodies floating in the water which offended people affected by Hurricane Katrina

Yeah, stuff like that makes me wanna make a game that would offend every last person on the planet in every way possible.

That ACDC Chick
thatd be awesome haermm
and thered still be people trying to ban it until its totally underground

dadudemon
thatd be awesome haermm
and thered still be people trying to ban it until its totally underground

lulz

It'd make fun of fat people, race, religion, gender, country, income demographic, social types (i.e. goth, poser, prep, etc.), political affiliation, sexual orientation, etc.

I would be like the Urbz, cept make fun of instead of make friends of. Did you play The Sims: Urbz?

That ACDC Chick
no ive only played Sims Busting Out, Sims 2, Sims 2: Castaway

Kazenji
Originally posted by dadudemon
lulz

It'd make fun of fat people, race, religion, gender, country, income demographic, social types (i.e. goth, poser, prep, etc.), political affiliation, sexual orientation, etc.?

I think they've done that

its called Postal

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kazenji
I think they've done that

its called Postal

They didn't. Postal didn't even cover half of that. However, they did good to help offend. Loved it.

Also, everyone is afraid to touch one person: Mohammed.

That ACDC Chick
imagine of there was a game where you played as a demon sent by Lucifer to take down God
that would definately offend most of the world

Ridley_Prime
People getting in a fist fight over the last PS3 that was available for sale at Wal-Mart. Not as severe as what AG mentioned though, but eh, still dumb.

Kazenji

Also, everyone is afraid to touch one person: Mohammed.

Its a bit stupid with that thing

muslims get all pissed off over an image of Mohammed when one is shown because its forbiddon or some shit, But how do they even know what he even looks like in the first place erm .

AsbestosFlaygon
" After being banned from the PlayStation Network for hateful comments stated in Resistance's online community, Erik Estavillo launched not one, but two, lawsuits against Sony for infringing on his "first amendment rights" -- an argument that was shot down by Judge Ronald Whyte simply because "Sony is not part of the government."

However, what Estavillo lacks in civil online discourse, he makes up for with sheer determination and persistence. In addition to Sony, he now has both Microsoft and Nintendo in his sights. Estavillo is seeking $75,000 from Microsoft for the "undue stress" and "sadness" caused by his Xbox 360's RROD. "Microsoft should have to bear the burden that is now put on the shoulders of this disabled plaintiff," his claim states -- a burden that is equivalent to the sum of 375 Xbox 360 systems, apparently. Nintendo is being sued for interfering with Estavillo's "pursuit of happiness." And how exactly is Nintendo doing that? "Deleting, blocking or prohibiting the Homebrew Channel and Ocarina applications" via a system update.

We're hoping you can see the sheer brilliance of Estavillo's strategy. He's offering the perfect opportunity for PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo fans to agree on something for once. "

facepalm

That ACDC Chick
"sheer brilliance" 0.o
the guys an ass
hes probably doing it just for the money and the infamy

bojesus, what's wrong with people these days? facepalm

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
" After being banned from the PlayStation Network for hateful comments stated in Resistance's online community, Erik Estavillo launched not one, but two, lawsuits against Sony for infringing on his "first amendment rights" -- an argument that was shot down by Judge Ronald Whyte simply because "Sony is not part of the government."

However, what Estavillo lacks in civil online discourse, he makes up for with sheer determination and persistence. In addition to Sony, he now has both Microsoft and Nintendo in his sights. Estavillo is seeking $75,000 from Microsoft for the "undue stress" and "sadness" caused by his Xbox 360's RROD. "Microsoft should have to bear the burden that is now put on the shoulders of this disabled plaintiff," his claim states -- a burden that is equivalent to the sum of 375 Xbox 360 systems, apparently. Nintendo is being sued for interfering with Estavillo's "pursuit of happiness." And how exactly is Nintendo doing that? "Deleting, blocking or prohibiting the Homebrew Channel and Ocarina applications" via a system update.

We're hoping you can see the sheer brilliance of Estavillo's strategy. He's offering the perfect opportunity for PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo fans to agree on something for once. "

facepalm
Good lord. Who does he think he is?

One Free Man
Any time that one of the characters play a video game on NCIS. they are typing random key's wildly to play fps. its obvious they know nothing of vg

Peach
I vote for the grammar fail in the thread title.

Also, Jack Thompson. Though he's gone and made himself pretty irrelevant now.

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by One Free Man
Any time that one of the characters play a video game on NCIS. they are typing random key's wildly to play fps. its obvious they know nothing of vg
i remember the episode if CSI New York when they integrated Second Life into an episode

ESB -1138

facepalm

He must be the fattest virgin ever.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Peach
I vote for the grammar fail in the thread title.

Also, Jack Thompson. Though he's gone and made himself pretty irrelevant now.
Yeah... but I kinda miss hearing from him now, in a way. He entertained us all with lolz rather than present himself as someone to take seriously.

ESB -1138
...who is Jack Thompson?

dadudemon
Its a bit stupid with that thing

muslims get all pissed off over an image of Mohammed when one is shown because its forbiddon or some shit, But how do they even know what he even looks like in the first place erm .

laughing laughing laughing

Holy sh*t, those are good points. Case in point, you don't see almost a billion catholics freak out over a cartoon making fun of the pope (I'm not even catholic)...

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by ESB -1138
...who is Jack Thompson?
Only one of the biggest fools to ever walk the earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Thompson_%28activist%29

dadudemon
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

D-d-d-DAYUHM!

Morridini
The whole sex in Mass Effect deal was just pure nonsense, at least Geoff Keighley went on Fox to set the matters straight.

That's the point, no one knows what Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Mohammed erc look like, thus Islam forbids you to attempt making a picture of any of them.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Morridini
That's the point, no one knows what Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Mohammed erc look like, thus Islam forbids you to attempt making a picture of any of them.

I think thats what annoys me about people.. they go ahead and make a dumb rule like that.. and then will turn around and shit on everyone elses "sacred" crap..

anyways.. to add a small tidbit to this pile lol..

one time while on WoW.. I told my friend to stop treating our guildies like crap.. and then he told me it was a free country.. no expression

Kazenji

Sad to say we in Australia have our own Jack Thompson now

he's called Michael Atkinson.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
one time while on WoW.. I told my friend to stop treating our guildies like crap.. and then he told me it was a free country.. no expression
laughing I get that a lot now when I try to keep someone from doing something stupid. You try to reason with 'em, but no. They have to go "oh, it's a free country" as an excuse to go do say or something foolish.

Then I'm guessing he was the reason for the censorship in the Australian version of L4D2. uhuh

Juk3n
" He's offering the perfect opportunity for PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo fans to agree on something for once. "

facepalm

yes, i think it's safe to say that all of us here think he's an absolute bell end.

FistOfThe North
taunts in fighting games are the most dumbest thing involved in fighting videogames..

i can't count how many times myself and others accidentaly press taunt buttons and pay for it hard. Tekken 6 is very guilty of this.

jaden101
Yeah, stuff like that makes me wanna make a game that would offend every last person on the planet in every way possible.

Like a game where you rape religious, minority, immigrant, amuptee, autistic, blind, deaf, vegan, poor, ginger, kids while their white middle class adoptive parents are forced to watch?

I amaze myself sometimes...I really do.

Nemesis X
Australia sure loves to kick it's gamers where it hurts kangaroo-style. It's stupid that they want to keep M rated games out of their country. Australia really isn't a clean place as they think it is so they should just stop it and look less lame.

Darth Jello
I think that every microsoft developed system other than the MSX is dumb. The original Xbox controller was shit, they charge you for a service that's free through Sony and Nintendo and they're systems' general hardware failure rate is 10 times the acceptable range within the first year and a half!

Other stupid things about gaming-
Giving any game by LJN the Nintendo Seal of Quality
The Virtual Boy
The 32X
Konami subcontracting to Apaloosa to make Contra games for the PS1
The Nintendo/Sony/Phillips debacle that actually resulted in 4 horrible games that tainted two nearly perfect series and created Nintendo's biggest competitor.
The original price tag on the Neo Geo and the PSP
The Atari Jaguar
Universal v. Nintendo

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden101
Like a game where you rape religious, minority, immigrant, amuptee, autistic, blind, deaf, vegan, poor, ginger, kids while their white middle class adoptive parents are forced to watch?

hmm

I like the way you think.

We need millions of more Jaden's and millions less of the Jack Thompsons.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darth Jello
The Nintendo/Sony/Phillips debacle that actually resulted in 4 horrible games that tainted two nearly perfect series and created Nintendo's biggest competitor.

This was probably the biggest ****up in gaming history. Nothing comes close to the magnitude of lost revenue or quantity of billions of dollars. Nothing.

Nemesis X
I hate it when parents give Grand Theft Auto crap. Seriously, if you don't want your kids playing those kind of games, quit buying them then. Idiots.

dadudemon
I hate it when parents give Grand Theft Auto crap. Seriously, if you don't want your kids playing those kind of games, quit buying them then. Idiots.

Exactly.

When do parents take the blame? You can't blame it on the kids or the games: the parents are mostly at fault for buying and allowing their grossly underage children playing those games.

Also, my brother got in BIIIIIG trouble for drawing guns as his favorite thing, when he was in second grade. Big BIG trouble. I lol'd so hard. I wanted to punch the teacher and the Principal for thinking it was even a big deal. It's that type of mentality that needs to STFU and die.

Shutter Control
lol @ someone voting for the grammar fail in the thread title...still the grammar thing is funny.

Oh and big boobs./sarcasm.

MadMel

if only being a blatant douchebag was illegal sad

Australia sure loves to kick it's gamers where it hurts kangaroo-style. It's stupid that they want to keep M rated games out of their country
1....was that supposed to be a joke??
2. who said anything about M rated games? its the fact that australia doesnt have an R-rating for videogames that pisses us off, as anything that is considered to be worse than an MA rated simply gets banned or censored mad

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
taunts in fighting games are the most dumbest thing involved in fighting videogames..

i can't count how many times myself and others accidentaly press taunt buttons and pay for it hard. Tekken 6 is very guilty of this.
Couldn't agree more. They were kinda funny at first, but then got old and stupid pretty fast, especially when they started having 'em in the majority of fighting titles.

The custom taunts in Brawl (online) though was when I really started hating them.

Also, my brother got in BIIIIIG trouble for drawing guns as his favorite thing, when he was in second grade. Big BIG trouble. I lol'd so hard. I wanted to punch the teacher and the Principal for thinking it was even a big deal. It's that type of mentality that needs to STFU and die.
... That's pathetic. Damn..

Kazenji
Australia sure loves to kick it's gamers where it hurts kangaroo-style. It's stupid that they want to keep M rated games out of their country. Australia really isn't a clean place as they think it is so they should just stop it and look less lame.

M rated ???

hahaahahaa

thats not our highest rating for games................yet

its MA 15+ .

FistOfThe North
Couldn't agree more. They were kinda funny at first, but then got old and stupid pretty fast, especially when they started having 'em in the majority of fighting titles.

you know what else i think is the dumbest thing that games should've been fixed by now, is when your character walks up to a wall, and they still keep on walking or running. it's like are you serious? how do you run in place while face to face with wall directly infront of you, with it being in your way. same goes for ledges and cliffs. in alot of games you won't fall off, you just keep doing the foward moonwalk. fail. resident evil was the most memorable one for me when it came to thins when it came out in 96 and it still did it with pt. 5 12 years later in 2008, the most recent one i played that does this is "Darksiders" for the 360. and that came out in 2010..

enough with it..

Darth Jello
Dumbest decisions not to release games in North America, in terms of lost revenue-
Super Mario Bros. 2
Castlevania X: The Rondo of Blood
Mother (Earthbound Zero)
Mother 3
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Original version of Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake
Freshly Picked Tingle's Rose Colored Rupeeland
Color-Changing Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love
Mad City (The fixed, more fair version of The Adventures of Bayou Billy)
Castlevania III, Metroid, Legend of Zelda, Zelda II (with the extra soundchip present to better emulate richer soundtracks and/or the Disk System sound chip)
Mega Man and Bass
Mega Man: The Wily Wars
Vampire Killer
Star Fox 2
Sin and Punishment
Stafy series
Fire Emblem series
Final Fantasy V

Darth Jello
http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/783.jpg

SpadeKing
Pretty much anything these guys do. Funny though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oXx0qwe0wc

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by SpadeKing
Pretty much anything these guys do. Funny though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oXx0qwe0wc
they did the same thing on X-Play
back when it was a good show to watch

FistOfThe North

Look. It's Bardock42.

Bardock42
Look. It's Bardock42. Ouch.

Darth Jello
If his gut wasn't showing, I would swear he was trying to steal a television.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Bardock42
Ouch.

yea you're there calorie counting on your psp..

Nemesis X

Looks like that fat guy from Superbad.

dadudemon
Originally posted by MadMel
if only being a blatant douchebag was illegal sad

So many fake bake Guidos would be in prison.

Darth Jello
Looks like that fat guy from Superbad. If he ate Michael Cera maybe...

Mandrag Ganon

dadudemon

Scythe

OH MY GOD!! THAT WAL-MART IS SELLING FOOD?! I've never seen a Wal-Mart sell produce.

Ridley_Prime
That's like.....the cruder version of what that Microsoft speaker said at the 08 E3.

Are...you......a Microsoft Employee in disguise? awesome
Heh. He's got a point though.

Kazenji

I like doing the taunts and they were done good in Street Fighter Alpha 3 could only press it once and that was on the Select button on the controllers.

That ACDC Chick
i remember hearing about the "sex scene in Mass Effect"
i was just randomly flipping through channels and Larry King was talking about it

Mandrag Ganon
That's like.....the cruder version of what that Microsoft speaker said at the 08 E3.

Are...you......a Microsoft Employee in disguise? awesome

Don't get me wrong, the PS3 has a decent online system, but the 360's for the time, is just better. However, if rumor turns out to be true (and this I have only heard through word-of-mouth... and not the most reliable source) Sony's online system may improve exponentially... though I have yet to see any evidence that this is truly going to happen.

Nintendo's, however is simply worthless. There is no friends list, except for codes you have type in, and that still gives no way to tell if your friends are online, the matches lag an unacceptable ammount, there really aren't that many games worth playing online... Let's face it, online gaming is not Nintendo's primary concern, they're all about "getting the family together"... and making millions by publishing hordes of gimmicky games (like Beach Fun Summer Challenge, Action Girlz Racing, Wii Music, Carnival Games and Wii fit) occasionally producing games for the hardcore (Metroid Other M, The Next Zelda Game, Super Mario Galaxy, etc.)

What happened to the Wii is what I am terrified will happen to the 360 when Natal comes out. Ugh, I dread looking at the 360 wall in Game Stop and seeing millions of games like "Family Party: 30 Great Games" and "Beach Fun Summer Challenge" with only the occasional Halo, or Assassin's Creed, or Mass Effect.

Darth Jello
Taunts had a very important purpose in the Art of Fighting series which I believe were the first games they appeared in. They diminished you're enemies spirits to make their special moves completely pathetic and ineffective. Creative taunting was the only way to beat Mr. Karate in the first game or else he would absolutely wreck you.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
What happened to the Wii is what I am terrified will happen to the 360 when Natal comes out. Ugh, I dread looking at the 360 wall in Game Stop and seeing millions of games like "Family Party: 30 Great Games" and "Beach Fun Summer Challenge" with only the occasional Halo, or Assassin's Creed, or Mass Effect.
You and me both. sick There's just no escaping the family-friendly shit being top priority I guess, no matter the company/console.

FistOfThe North
#108 - clipping.

Kazenji
what do you mean?

Nemesis X
Ixt1eu11LXk

These jackasses better not go near Mass Effect 2 or I'm gonna be pissed.

Darth Jello
You and me both. sick There's just no escaping the family-friendly shit being top priority I guess, no matter the company/console. They do what makes money and right now, Wii Fit is the second best selling non-bundled game of all time.

jinXed by JaNx
Dumbest thing involving video games.

1. Microsoft not caring about their consumers and pumping out faulty merchandise just because.

2, Ps3 releasing at $500

3. Skimping on co-op for more team deathmatch

4. Microsoft charging everyrone to much goddamn money to do anything.

5. Microphones and children.

6. Achievement points (even though i go for them DAMMIT)

7. No save points or not enough checkpoints.

8.can't read read those word!!!..."oh wait i got an 42inch hd lcd thats better".

9. Where everybody at?...,Microphone dies in the middle of left for dead on expert.

10. Batteries are dead you lose go home and buy a new controller and feed microsoft some more money.

S_D_J

facepalm

He's a Martyr and a Hero 131

... at least he got the balls to do something that stupid

Originally posted by jaden101

you'll just be making and Expansion Pack for an existing game
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RapeLay

Here's a destructoid's list of dumb things last year
http://www.destructoid.com/2009-a-year-in-videogame-controversy-158863.phtml

aside from the ACII review (sad, it's just them trying to get protagonism), they forgot the dumb "racist" discussion about RE5 and L4D2

Darth Jello
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Dumbest thing involving video games.

1. Microsoft not caring about their consumers and pumping out faulty merchandise just because.

2, Ps3 releasing at $500

These are both cases of companies ignoring the past. Sony just forgot what happened to the Neo Geo, the Jaguar, and the 3DO but are now correcting their price snafu (but not their PS2 snafu). Microsoft will change its policies once they start paying out billions in class action settlements like Toshiba is.

That ACDC Chick
i think the dumbest thing dealing with video games ive seen recently is some guy who made games based on the Columbine Shooting and the Virginia Tech Massacre

Bardock42
i think the dumbest thing dealing with video games ive seen recently is some guy who made games based on the Columbine Shooting and the Virginia Tech Massacre

I played this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbine_rpg wasn't that bad, I just played it because of the controversy around it though, particularly the Braid thing.

Ridley_Prime
They do what makes money and right now, Wii Fit is the second best selling non-bundled game of all time.
Yeah. I know, sadly.

The gaming industry finally figured out who spends the most money. YOUR MOM

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
5. Microphones and children.

9. Where everybody at?...,Microphone dies in the middle of left for dead on expert.
Couldn't agree more. laughing out loud

Oh yeah. Didn't they also make a game about September 11th awhile back? I forget. Either way, it's despicable.

That ACDC Chick
Oh yeah. Didn't they also make a game about September 11th awhile back? I forget. Either way, it's despicable.
im not sure, but i think there was a game that had something with a bombing or something lese along them lines
i cant remember

menokokoro
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Also, there were people who literally starved/fatigued to death because of WoW. ARE YOU SERIOUS? that is ridiculous.

i would say that the stupidest thing that i can think of would be that they made more than one halo game LOL jk couldn't resist.
that one is probably the stupidest one actually, i mean how can you be that in love with a game that you starve yourself?

Sin_Volvagia
PS3 getting bad ports of games that are released on the X360 despite being the more powerful machine. Just look at Bayonetta and Orange Box.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by menokokoro
ARE YOU SERIOUS? that is ridiculous.

i would say that the stupidest thing that i can think of would be that they made more than one halo game LOL jk couldn't resist.
that one is probably the stupidest one actually, i mean how can you be that in love with a game that you starve yourself?

Yea, and not just because of WoW, Everquest 2 was involved as well. There were also IRL killings because of EQ2.

EDIT:
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
PS3 getting bad ports of games that are released on the X360 despite being the more powerful machine. Just look at Bayonetta and Orange Box.

Well, this has happened not to just PS3. And PS3 has a somewhat potentially more powerful CPU, but X360 has a more powerful GPU. It evens out somewhat.

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by menokokoro
ARE YOU SERIOUS? that is ridiculous.

on CSI NY in the Second Life episode, they had like 1 or 2 guys who did just that

ArtificialGlory
on CSI NY in the Second Life episode, they had like 1 or 2 guys who did just that

Yea, but that's CSI. In that show, they can identify the killer by the way he/she farts. Besides, I thought we were talking about IRL.

That ACDC Chick
meh
it was just an example

FistOfThe North
movie based games have always been a dumb idea. they never work.

potentially, if people weren't so greedy, great movie based games can be made almost alot of the time but that's not the case.

about 95%-97% of movie based games blow hard.

iron-man 2 will be the next mess.

dadudemon
movie based games have always been a dumb idea. they never work.

potentially, if people weren't so greedy, great movie based games can be made almost alot of the time but that's not the case.

about 95%-97% of movie based games blow hard.

Well, I would love to see Prototype be made into a movie. They could keep the story almost entirely intact, as well. The art direction, the feel, etc. All of that could remain. It would make for a great movie. However, it would be easy to **** up, for sure.

And, Iron-man 2 was not a video game to movie adaptation. It is a comic book character to movie thing.

jaden101
Well, I would love to see Prototype be made into a movie. They could keep the story almost entirely intact, as well. The art direction, the feel, etc. All of that could remain. It would make for a great movie. However, it would be easy to **** up, for sure.

And, Iron-man 2 was not a video game to movie adaptation. It is a comic book character to movie thing.

Are you drunk?

FistOfThe North
yea, i'll have what he's having.

Kazenji

Don't know where you got the idea Iron Man started off as a game.

Quincy
Kazenji and dudemon didn't understand what he was saying.

Movie based Game.

A movie based video game.

You were thinking of

Game based movie

A video game based movie

Kazenji
In that case FistofNorthstar is wrong on

Theres been plenty of good ones.

Ridley_Prime
I guess in a way, I'm glad there wasn't a game for The Dark Knight (got cancelled).

Demonic Phoenix
I guess in a way, I'm glad there wasn't a game for The Dark Knight (got cancelled).
Yes, we instead got Arkham Asylum. (I'll reply to your PM about Mr.X in a while. It was long, but it was hysterically funny)

~ The last movie-based video-game I liked was Spider-Man 2. That swing mechanic was ball-dropping awesome.
A lot better than the piss-awful swing mechanic of earlier 3D Spider-man games.

Kazenji
I guess in a way,

Well they have been listed in on this forum in anothe thread.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Quincy
Kazenji and dudemon didn't understand what he was saying.

Movie based Game.

A movie based video game.

You were thinking of

Game based movie

A video game based movie

Cool.

Yeah, it makes perfect sense, now, what he was saying.

I'd still like to see Prototype as a movie.

Bladewind
Me too.

FistOfThe North
In that case FistofNorthstar is wrong on

Theres been plenty of good ones.

name 'em..

Kazenji
Mortal Kombat
Resident Evil 1
Resident Evil: Degeneration
Street Fighter 2 The animated movie

So its not heaps..........but hey those are the ones that i enjoyed.

Darth Jello
companies starting with Nintendo's Zelda collection deciding to cut corneres by emulate rather than port their old games-
Random freezing in Majora's Mask (was this fixed on the VC version?), Most of the games messed up in some way on the Mega Man Anniversary Collection, Link to the Past making GBA speakers clip (but it's fine when played on the DS).
I also gotta continue my whine fest about Force Unleashed. It would be an awesome game if I could play it for more than 15 minutes without it freezing and deleting all my progress.

FistOfThe North
Mortal Kombat
Resident Evil 1
Resident Evil: Degeneration
Street Fighter 2 The animated movie

So its not heaps..........but hey those are the ones that i enjoyed.

goodness.

these are not movie based games..

they're movies based on games, do you understand?

a movie based game is a game that is based of a movie. not the other way around.

like for example Avatar: the video game, 09's GI JOE game, Transformers, Ironman, Superman Returns: the game. These games are based on the acutal movie that came out in theatres. Too bad they all scuk. Just like mostly all movie based games do most of the time.

Darth Jello
name 'em..

The Punisher for PS2, Judge Dredd on the SNES, Batman on the NES and arcade, just about every version of Batman Returns including the Konami beat em up on the NES, Robocop the arcade game, Aliens the arcade game, all fantastic games based on films. I could probably think of more.

Bardock42
Spiderman 1 and 2 and somewhat 3 were good
Goldeneye was awesome
Some Star Wars games were pretty good, I liked the Episode I and Jedi Power Battles (which was loosely based on Episode I, as well)
I liked Demolition Man
Punisher was pretty good, though that seems to have been more based on the comic.
Heard the Godfather game was supposed to be alright
Enter the Matrix was alright
Alien versus Predator (should count double...I jest of course)

Some of those are arguable, but I do agree with you in sentiment anyways, most movie based games are dreadful, especially those they just shit out as cheap merchandise to promote their often even shittier films.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
I dread looking at the 360 wall in Game Stop and seeing millions of games like "Family Party: 30 Great Games" and "Beach Fun Summer Challenge" with only the occasional Halo, or Assassin's Creed, or Mass Effect.

The occassional Halo is fine with me.

When did that become a barometer of mature gaming anyway? It's like a bunch of aliens went to a rave with Fisher Price guns.

The fact that gaming has become more family friendly doesn't seem to be affecting anything, not to my knowledge.

-AC

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

The rarer Halo is, the better.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

When did that become a barometer of mature gaming anyway? It's like a bunch of aliens went to a rave with Fisher Price guns.

The fact that gaming has become more family friendly doesn't seem to be affecting anything, not to my knowledge.

-AC

Yeah, it seems to be an additional market, not a competition.

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by S_D_J
Here's a destructoid's list of dumb things last year
http://www.destructoid.com/2009-a-year-in-videogame-controversy-158863.phtml

aside from the ACII review (sad, it's just them trying to get protagonism), they forgot the dumb "racist" discussion about RE5 and L4D2
the Dante's Inferno thing was kinda funny
and the Six Days in Fallujah thing with the media singlehandedly destroying a company just shows how stupid and narrowminded they are now-a-days
then again... when hasnt the media been stupid and narrow minded? erm

Kazenji

they're movies based on games, do you understand?

The way you just said it then it is pretty much what i said erm..............you need to re-word what your saying

as for the way other way your trying to type as

heres are the good

-Lord of the rings games (excluding fellowship of the ring)
-King Kong
-Star Wars: Episode 3
-Judge Dredd for the snes/genesis
-james bond: Golden eye
-The Warriors
-The Riddick Games

Darth Jello
Here's one I don't think anyone's mentioned. Atari not making their carts proprietary, thus leading to a glut of horrible games and the video game crash.

Darth Jello
I forgot to mention that there actually was a sure thing formula for making licensed games back in the early 90's. The beat 'em up. The Simpsons Arcade game for example is still the greatest Simpsons video game ever made. Same with X-Men.

That ACDC Chick
i miss playing Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter sad
i kicked ass as Sub Zero happy

Nemesis X
It questions me why on earth Rockstar would show off wang in the lost and damned. They knew they threw fuel in the fire with sex mini games in Sanandreas so what made them think showing something like that wouldn't have negative feedback? Either it's that whole "we have rights" BS, or they wanted to get a few lols after hearing the response about it.

That ACDC Chick
probably because negative feedback is like gold to them
theyll be remembered for forever as the comapny that put out games where you openly killed hookers after doing them, adding the "Hot Coffee" mod and now this latest thing
plus kids will continue going out behind their parents backs to buy these game for a long long time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.