Loki vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kris Blaze
's on.

Kasper Gutman
Magneto would go down quickly. His shields and helmet wouldn't protect him from being turned into a newt. Even if Magneto got the first shot in and kept up the pressure I don't see him winning.

JakeTheBank
Unless his helmet gives him protection from sorcery, I'm hard pressed to see Magneto beating Loki. Someone can attempt to enlighten me, however smile

Mindset
I'm pretty sure he would be depending on his shields, not his helmet...

TheKahn
Originally posted by Mindset

How does a magnetic field protect against magic? confused

Xplosive
Loki and probably even without too much trouble.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset

I know that, but I've heard some people claim his helmet, since it can blocks telepathy and psionic intrusion, can similiarly do the same against magical forces.

Which I sincerly doubt.

guy222
Loki

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by TheKahn
How does a electromagnetic field protect against magic? confused

It protected him from Wanda's Hexes not sure if that's magic though. But Loki can do more then make someone lose an eyelash.

Warlord
loki

Lord Feron
Loki should destroy him.

Starscream M
How does a magnetic field protect against magic? confused didn't surfer do ok against Loki? magic isn't an auto win

TheKahn
Originally posted by Starscream M
didn't surfer do ok against Loki? magic isn't an auto win

What the f**k?

Magneto =/= Silver Surfer

Starscream M
What the f**k?

Magneto =/= Silver Surfer they're both powerful energy manipulators, granted surfer is a bit better

but my point was magic isn't necessarily a "magic bullet" in a fight, even vs a non-magic character.

I mean, what do you think Loki is going to do against Magneto that he couldn't against Surfer?

nikbackm
didn't surfer do ok against Loki? magic isn't an auto win

The Power Cosmic is not really that different from magic. Both allow you to do pretty much anything.

they're both powerful energy manipulators, granted surfer is a bit better

but my point was magic isn't necessarily a "magic bullet" in a fight, even vs a non-magic character.

I mean, what do you think Loki is going to do against Magneto that he couldn't against Surfer?

Same as Spiral did to him once, turn off his powers.

Starscream M
Originally posted by nikbackm
The Power Cosmic is not really that different from magic. Both allow you to do pretty much anything.

Same as Spiral did to him once, turn off his powers. so you're just assuming loki could replicate Spiral's powers?

Master Court
Yeah, I don't see any way for Magneto to even challenge Loki.

Colossus-Big C
loki turns him into a tree or something

nikbackm
so you're just assuming loki could replicate Spiral's powers?

I think he should certainly be able to do the same thing. Or something else that Magneto has no defense against.

Here's a fight between Apocalypse (in his lair) and Loki from X-Factor Vol.1 #50.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9361/xf50apoc1.jpg
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/4627/xf50apoc2.jpg
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8126/xf50apoc3.jpg

Loki did not really come there to fight as that not his style, but I don't see Magneto getting away with that against Apocalypse on his own home ground.

Starscream M
Originally posted by nikbackm
I think he should certainly be able to do the same thing. Or something else that Magneto has no defense against.

Here's a fight between Apocalypse (in his lair) and Loki from X-Factor Vol.1 #50.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9361/xf50apoc1.jpg
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/4627/xf50apoc2.jpg
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8126/xf50apoc3.jpg

Loki did not really come there to fight as that not his style, but I don't see Magneto getting away with that against Apocalypse on his own home ground. Ummm...Magneto did FAR BETTER against Apocalypse....he ripped Apoc apart...literally.

The Nuul
Loki stomps.

Kris Blaze
Ummm...Magneto did FAR BETTER against Apocalypse....he ripped Apoc apart...literally.

....in the AoA timeline...

The Nuul
I think Apocalypse would demagnetize himself being the "most powerful and smartest mutant "and all....Either Mags turns them back on or Apoc is a dumbass.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
....in the AoA timeline... but it was still the same powersets.

nikbackm
Ummm...Magneto did FAR BETTER against Apocalypse....he ripped Apoc apart...literally.

As I said, they did not really fight in honest here, but I found it impressive how Loki broke free of Poccy's Celestial machinery. I have a hard time seeing Magneto do that.

He did not do it in the Twelve story at least.

Kris Blaze
but it was still the same powersets.
Doesn't really matter.

And the AoA handbooks granted Apocalypse a different powerset.

Naija boy
they're both powerful energy manipulators, granted surfer is a bit better

Surfer is actually more than a bit better than magneto at energy manip, and seeing as he has also shown to manipulate even high level magical energy, it makes sense that magic wouldnt be as lethal against him as it would be against magneto.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Loki and pretty easily at that.

Starscream M
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Loki and pretty easily at that. yeah....cuz he's MAGICAL! roll eyes (sarcastic)

people overrate magic.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Naija boy
Surfer is actually more than a bit better than magneto at energy manip, and seeing as he has also shown to manipulate even high level magical energy, it makes sense that magic wouldnt be as lethal against him as it would be against magneto. so what exactly would loki do to Magneto to win?

Kris Blaze
so what exactly would loki do to Magneto to win?
I'm betting he'd kill him.

Starscream M
I'm betting he'd kill him. oh, in that case, I'll be putting my money on Magneto turning Loki's Asgardian anatomy inside out.

Naija boy
so what exactly would loki do to Magneto to win?

Turn him into snow or a chair or a frog etc.

Kris Blaze
oh, in that case, I'll be putting my money on Magneto turning Loki's Asgardian anatomy inside out.
That'd be the day.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Naija boy
Turn him into snow or a chair or a frog etc. your imagination is quite lovely. too bad that scenario could not possibly happen.

Kris Blaze
your imagination is quite lovely. too bad that scenario could not possibly happen.
Worked on Bor though.

TheKahn
Worked on Bor though.

Who was said to be greater than even Odin, iirc.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Loki wins so many ways its not even funny. He's far stronger, faster and more durable than Magneto. I mean far far more. Not only that but he's far more versatile. He has so many magical options but doesn't even need those. He can simply transmute magneto. Go h2h with him and pwn him. Rip his helmet off and start driving him mad with illusions and nightmares. I honestly do know you give Magneto even one win.

Naija boy
your imagination is quite lovely. too bad that scenario could not possibly happen.

Lmao, why? cuz u say so? unsurprisingly once again u dont know what ur talking about.

Loki ftw easy.

JakeTheBank
lol at Loki not being able to turn Magneto into an inatimate object or animal.

tjcoady
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
lol at Loki not being able to turn Magneto into an inatimate object or animal.

Show me him doing it to Iron Man, or Hulk, or the damn Wasp, or any of the many Avengers who have fought him in the past.

In a one on one fight, the dude isn't anywhere near unbeatable. He doesn't even do transmutation type things that often; I can't recall the exact issue of the Simonson run where he turned Thor into a frog, but it certainly wasn't an off the cuff thing he could do at anytime. Mostly he does energy blasts.

The X-Men have beaten Loki. I don't think Magneto would win, mostly because I have trouble seeing how Magnet would hurt Loki in any permanent way, but it certainly isn't the curbstomp people are making it out to be.

Mindset
How does a magnetic field protect against magic? confused By blocking the magic.

leonidas
loki would take everytime imo, it but i doubt he's turning mags into anything and i doubt it would be QUITE as easy as some are making it.

quanchi112
didn't surfer do ok against Loki? magic isn't an auto win Whoa, whoa, whoa. Did you just compare Surfer to Magneto?

batdude123
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4748/defenders015089pn.jpg

Kris Blaze
lol @ people who think Loki NEEDS to turn Mags into something.

Starscream M
lol @ people who think Loki NEEDS to turn Mags into something. what could loki do then..be specific!

DTM
Originally posted by tjcoady
Show me him doing it to Iron Man, or Hulk, or the damn Wasp, or any of the many Avengers who have fought him in the past.

In a one on one fight, the dude isn't anywhere near unbeatable. He doesn't even do transmutation type things that often; I can't recall the exact issue of the Simonson run where he turned Thor into a frog, but it certainly wasn't an off the cuff thing he could do at anytime. Mostly he does energy blasts.

The X-Men have beaten Loki. I don't think Magneto would win, mostly because I have trouble seeing how Magnet would hurt Loki in any permanent way, but it certainly isn't the curbstomp people are making it out to be.

I couldnt have said it much better myself.

Loki has fought plenty of heroes and villains, and the only time I can remember him turning anyone of any importance into something else was Thor Frog, and that was with prep and the Twilight Sword.

Sure Loki MAY beat Magneto more than not, but unless youre taking him out of most every single context hes been in, it wont be by turning him into a shrub, and it wont be easy.

Kris Blaze
what could loki do then..be specific!
He's more powerful than Magneto overall.

He has a great advantage in energy output, durability, energy manipulation, verastility and every physical area. You're practically asking what Firelord could do to hurt Air-Walker. "What could A do to B" is a comment that is reserved for fights where one opponent is so superior that his opponent has no way of harming him. That's not the case here.

Telepathy should not work on Magneto considering his mental fortitude.

WhiteWitchKing

Teleport them both inside the sun and have they're fight there. However, the fight will mostly consist of Loki floating about laughing and watching Magneto struggle to keep his shields up for a few second then succumbing to the radiation poisoning and burning to death.

Warlord

I guess that's the difference between a comic fight and a forum fight

BattleMage
Thor's brother.

Xplosive

Not 616.
And Apocalypse against Loki was a time when Apocalypse was at his best. Apocalypse vs. Stryfe recently was what Apocalypse was at his classic levels as said by writers.

Loki wins (probably not that hard).

TheKahn

The more relevant question is what can Magneto do?

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/8571/thor34422uz1.jpg

Mildor

DARTH POWER

I'm sure I have a comic where he turns all these guys into cardboard with a mere thought/gesture.

Is that comic canon, anyone know?

It was New Avengers I think with Spidey and Wolverine.

Cap defeats Loki by sharing his thoughts on TV for everyone to see or some crap like that.

quanchi112
Loki wins.

leonidas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.