Thor and Morg Vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galactusischere
Warrior madness Thor and Work with the Waters of Life Vs. the mad titan after hes last upgrades.

Lord Feron
Damn how did you mispell Morg with Work...

iceman24567
LOL work stressing him out?

kgkg
lol

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Wouldnt be a cake walk as both are worthy adversaries but imo thanos would prevail

iceman24567
Thor power bombs Thanos while Morg blasts him

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thor power bombs Thanos while Morg blasts him Thanos can forceblock him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I think he was joking

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I think he was joking I can never tell with some people.

iceman24567
I think he was joking If you speak of me i can assure i am not wink

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
If you speak of me i can assure i am not wink How do they pull off the win?

DTM
Ill give the win to Thor and Morg here.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by DTM
Ill give the win to Thor and Morg here.

thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by DTM
Ill give the win to Thor and Morg here. If Odin didn't put Thanos down how do these two? He can also force block Thor at any moment in time.

PowerCosmic
I'll give the match to Thor and Morg as well. Didn't Thanos struggle against Morg at one point? This was during the Tyrant storyline where Morg had a decent showing against Thanos until Ganymede interfere and add in the fact its WOL Morg and Warrior Madness Thor.

thanos-prime
Thanos

quanchi112
Originally posted by PowerCosmic
I'll give the match to Thor and Morg as well. Didn't Thanos struggle against Morg at one point? This was during the Tyrant storyline where Morg had a decent showing against Thanos until Ganymede interfere and add in the fact its WOL Morg and Warrior Madness Thor. By struggle you might mean tackle to the ground in which Thanos defended himself. he later owned Morg with one blast.

galactusischere
Originally posted by quanchi112
By struggle you might mean tackle to the ground in which Thanos defended himself. he later owned Morg with one blast. I can't remember exactly who it was(was it Ganymede?) but I remember thanos saying something like "If you don't have the power to destroy/defeat/beat him woman, I do" while he was lying on the ground.

quanchi112
Originally posted by galactusischere
I can't remember exactly who it was(was it Ganymede?) but I remember thanos saying something like "If you don't have the power to destroy/defeat/beat him woman, I do" while he was lying on the ground. Yes, he easily defeated Morg after he defended himself. Morg was acting like a lunatic because he was still being controlled by Tyrant.

Power Cosmic II
Thor and Morg

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos and still.

Power Cosmic II
^in what fashion

quanchi112
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
^in what fashion What makes you say otherwise?

Power Cosmic II
What makes you say otherwise?

You don't want to answer.

quanchi112
You don't want to answer. You never asked me you asked thanosi.

xJLxKing
Team

Power Cosmic II
and you responded in his stead. if you are going to respond in his stead with a question of your own, you'll have to wait until he actually responds.

quanchi112
and you responded in his stead. if you are going to respond in his stead with a question of your own, you'll have to wait until he actually responds. Fine, I'll answer it.

Thanos has already shown the ability to defeat an enraged thunder god sporting the power gem with force block so I see no reason why it wouldn't work here unless you feel wm Thor>power gem blood and thunder Thor?

Morg was still affected by Nova and beat no one even near Thanos level in this particular Surfer arc.

Thanos is higher up on the food chain than both has the shields, the powers, the durability, and the abilities to win this every single time.

KuRuPT Thanosi
^in what fashion

Really simple actually.

You see neither of them could escape a simple force block from Thanos before forum rules would consider it a win. A force block held Thor with the PG for a much much longer time needed for a win. I don't view Morg as superior to Thor with the PG thus he does no better. Furthermore, Thanos has been shown to one shot both Morg and Thor and various points in his history. Some even at his lowest levels. So, thus Thor with WM or not isn't going to be standing up to much. Morg does have the WOL and thus would last longer but still fall eventually. So, we have a tech solution that gets the job done ease. We have more firepower getting the job done imo. Thanos is much smarter then either of these two combined and thus that is a huge edge for him during the battle to have options on the go. I don't believe either of these two have the firepower to put him down considering his durability and shields. We have a BFR option for Morg but not Thor. Thus Thanos could get rid of Morg very easily. Just too much of everything for this duo. It would be a good fight though don't get me wrong. I just see Thanos winning. You see them team winning how?

Power Cosmic II
Fine, I'll answer it.

Thanos has already shown the ability to defeat an enraged thunder god sporting the power gem with force block so I see no reason why it wouldn't work here unless you feel wm Thor>power gem blood and thunder Thor?

Morg was still affected by Nova and beat no one even near Thanos level in this particular Surfer arc.

Thanos is higher up on the food chain than both has the shields, the powers, the durability, and the abilities to win this every single time.

That fight with Thanos and Thor was a stalemate at best for Thanos. He withdrew from the battle. Are you talking about Thanos' ability to use the force block with...

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1976/silversurferv308819.jpg

his gun. Which is not standard equipment. Or does thanos employ a force block with his TK to the degree that he can immobilize Thor. The only time he was able to do so was by use of the above gun, which is not standard tech.

Morg WOL was manhandling a team of airwalker, firelord, terrax and nova. surfer was absent so he could run to galactus for help but terrax was able to sense that morg had more power than all of them collectively...that's 5 heralds, which is comparable in power to the team that opposed DP Tyrant and lost. Morg was caught off guard by nova's blood-lusted blast but he stood up and killed her, which goes to show how much he was "affected" by her blast. Morg would have prevailed but Galactus stepped in and stripped him of the power cosmic, at which point morg was killed.

Thor will just relentlessly close in for the melee. strength magnified 10x thanos will feel the hits. i dont see how mjolnir cant redirect or deflect some or all of thanos' blasts. then Morg is present who has enough power to vanquish a 5 herald team. both morg and thor by default are bloodlusted as that is in their particular mindsets. how is thanos going to put them down

Power Cosmic II
Really simple actually.

You see neither of them could escape a simple force block from Thanos before forum rules would consider it a win. A force block held Thor with the PG for a much much longer time needed for a win. I don't view Morg as superior to Thor with the PG thus he does no better. Furthermore, Thanos has been shown to one shot both Morg and Thor and various points in his history. Some even at his lowest levels. So, thus Thor with WM or not isn't going to be standing up to much. Morg does have the WOL and thus would last longer but still fall eventually. So, we have a tech solution that gets the job done ease. We have more firepower getting the job done imo. Thanos is much smarter then either of these two combined and thus that is a huge edge for him during the battle to have options on the go. I don't believe either of these two have the firepower to put him down considering his durability and shields. We have a BFR option for Morg but not Thor. Thus Thanos could get rid of Morg very easily. Just too much of everything for this duo. It would be a good fight though don't get me wrong. I just see Thanos winning. You see them team winning how?

he used a 1-time gun which is not standard tech to immobilize thor. WOL Morg had more power than 5 heralds collectively, and has the mentality of a killer bent on destruction. Nothing was shown to even phase him except for a behind-the-back blood lusted blast from nova, which was so effective that morg turned around and just dropped her ass dead with one shot. he only lost the fight because galactus stripped him of the power cosmic.

How would Thanos' cunning and intellect play a part in this battle? In all of his fights he just uses blasts or physicality. He exploits the weakness of his opponents only a few times...the Omega fight and the Maker fight come to mind. The vast bulk of his fights he just goes in blasting.

How does he get rid of Morg very easily?

quanchi112
That fight with Thanos and Thor was a stalemate at best for Thanos. He withdrew from the battle. Are you talking about Thanos' ability to use the force block with...

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1976/silversurferv308819.jpg

his gun. Which is not standard equipment. Or does thanos employ a force block with his TK to the degree that he can immobilize Thor. The only time he was able to do so was by use of the above gun, which is not standard tech.

Morg WOL was manhandling a team of airwalker, firelord, terrax and nova. surfer was absent so he could run to galactus for help but terrax was able to sense that morg had more power than all of them collectively...that's 5 heralds, which is comparable in power to the team that opposed DP Tyrant and lost. Morg was caught off guard by nova's blood-lusted blast but he stood up and killed her, which goes to show how much he was "affected" by her blast. Morg would have prevailed but Galactus stepped in and stripped him of the power cosmic, at which point morg was killed.

Thor will just relentlessly close in for the melee. strength magnified 10x thanos will feel the hits. i dont see how mjolnir cant redirect or deflect some or all of thanos' blasts. then Morg is present who has enough power to vanquish a 5 herald team. both morg and thor by default are bloodlusted as that is in their particular mindsets. how is thanos going to put them down This is all fine and dandy, but later in the same arc we see Thanos achieve the same feat vs. Odin(though he broke free) without the gun.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Warlock25-27.jpg

The team Tyrant crushed was much more capable as it consisted of Glads, Surfer, Bill, Terrax, etc. Nova and Airwalker are not impressive in the least.

Thanos can also easily wave down Thor's hammer should he choose to throw it and turn on his shields at any moment.

Yeah, Thanos wins.

Power Cosmic II
^which still proves my point that only the gun was effective in incapacitating thor. since this is the same story arc there's too many ambiguities involved...why didnt thanos use the force block on thor without the gun. odin broke out but it doesnt say anything if it would contain thor as thor was imprisoned using the gun, which wasn't used against odin for whatever reasons.

and the multiple herald/herald-level teams that wm thor and morg WOL faced are easily comparable at the least to the team that opposed tyrant.

thanos' shields have never been much help to him in melee combat

quanchi112
^which still proves my point that only the gun was effective in incapacitating thor. since this is the same story arc there's too many ambiguities involved...why didnt thanos use the force block on thor without the gun. odin broke out but it doesnt say anything if it would contain thor as thor was imprisoned using the gun, which wasn't used against odin for whatever reasons.

and the multiple herald/herald-level teams that wm thor and morg WOL faced are easily comparable at the least to the team that opposed tyrant.

thanos' shields have never been much help to him in melee combat It defeated a power gem sporting Thor. Odin was too powerful and too experienced to be contained within but considering who it worked on and who it didn't I'd say it works on Thor yet again.

It wasn't used against Odin because he added it to his tech and had no use for the gun. The gun was experimental and he discovered it worked when he used it on Thor.

Thanos beats the piss out of either character. He's on another level. He can defeat Thor at any time. You saying he only used the gun was because you were unaware of him using the same tactic later on in the story. Thanos doesn't need his shields here.

KuRuPT Thanosi

thanos' shields have never been much help to him in melee combat

So much wrong with this I don't know where to start. Odin makes it very clear and it's silly to think that the force blocks were ANY different what so ever in terms of power. Odin says.. This may have worked on my son but not me. It's illogical therefore to conclude that they are any different in terms in power. What we can gather and seems rather logical is that Odin is just that much stronger than Thor. Furthermore, Thanos is just that good.. he incorporated the Gun to be apart of himself. How he did it.. who knows.. but the scan clearly showed he has. Futhermore, his shields have been shown to stand up to Melee attacks i.e. Champion with the PG. He has used intelligence in battle i.e. the two instances you named to name some. The team DP Tyrant took on which consisted of Terrax, Morg, SS, Glads, BRB, Jack of Hearts, Gay and later goes on to take on Thanos and prove superior. Then later takes on Galactus and does very well. Point being, in no way shape or form did Morg with WOL prove to be anywhere near Dp Tyrant level which seems to be the comparison your making.

1. Thanos could very easily encase either Morg or Thor very quickly
2. Morg can be BFR'd easily
3. Thanos has shown the firepower to put down Thor and Morg in one shot. Granted Morg healing has now grown stronger and thus it will be harder. However, Thanos has a clear firepower edge over both of them.
4. He has the durability that I find it difficult to envision them putting him down. Morg firepower doesn't go up with the WOL so how is he going to put Thanos down. WM Thor... nah.. He has never been able to put Thanos down even with the PG
5. Intelligence and savy during battle clearly go to Thanos and open up possibilities
6. His shields have stood up to much more firepower than these two can dish out

Power Cosmic II
It defeated a power gem sporting Thor. Odin was too powerful and too experienced to be contained within but considering who it worked on and who it didn't I'd say it works on Thor yet again.

It wasn't used against Odin because he added it to his tech and had no use for the gun. The gun was experimental and he discovered it worked when he used it on Thor.

Thanos beats the piss out of either character. He's on another level. He can defeat Thor at any time. You saying he only used the gun was because you were unaware of him using the same tactic later on in the story. Thanos doesn't need his shields here.

I have the arc. If he can imprison thor with the block there is nothing stopping morg from rupturing the block from the outside. there are three people in the fight, not two.

quanchi112
I have the arc. If he can imprison thor with the block there is nothing stopping morg from rupturing the block from the outside. there are three people in the fight, not two. He can bfr Morg. Morg will have his hands full and the force Odin has at his disposal Morg doesn't have.

Power Cosmic II
He can bfr Morg. Morg will have his hands full and the force Odin has at his disposal Morg doesn't have.

we know odin can break it from within the block. however breaking the block from within is harder to break the block from without. for example, it is easier to break a coffin open from the outside, than to break a coffin open from the inside.

LOL at your sig craziness. you know you are just going to escalate it with batman prime.

quanchi112
we know odin can break it from within the block. however breaking the block from within is harder to break the block from without. for example, it is easier to break a coffin open from the outside, than to break a coffin open from the inside.

LOL at your sig craziness. you know you are just going to escalate it with batman prime. I see your logic but it's all speculation on your end. Odin was more powerful than Thor at the time when he was trapped thus he was powerful enough to break free. Thor isn't wielding the power gem so he has a cap and neither are anywhere near Odin level.

Omega Vision

LOL at your sig craziness. you know you are just going to escalate it with batman prime.
There isn't enough subtlety in Quan's sig to scrape on a small piece of toast.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
There isn't enough subtlety in Quan's sig to scrape on a small piece of toast. Batman Prime inspired me to bring out an old sig of mine. I never sported it here just on herochat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.