Phantom Stranger vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Warlord
who wins?

AsbestosFlaygon
No

Warlord
YES

quanchi112
Odin wins.

WickedDynamite
PSFTW

Colossus-Big C
phantom stranger.

Warlord
odin

Colossus-Big C
phantom stranger, DC Zeus=Marvel Odin
Phantom Stranger>>>>>>>>>>>>>DC Zeus

Warlord
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Phantom Stranger>>>>>>>>>>>>>DC Zeus

have they ever fought?
going by feats odin wins

quanchi112
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
PSFTW Based on what?Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Phantom Stranger>>>>>>>>>>>>>DC Zeus How is Dc's Zeus equal to Marvel's Odin?

I guess by the same logic dc Thor is = to marvel's Thor. no expression

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on what? How is Dc's Zeus equal to Marvel's Odin?

I guess by the same logic dc Thor is = to marvel's Thor. no expression
what?
DC zeus has galaxy busting feats.

Warlord
what?
DC zeus has galaxy busting feats.

when PS was shown to be >>>>>>>>>>> zeus?

quanchi112
what?
DC zeus has galaxy busting feats. So? Does he have any multiverse affecting feats?

Originally posted by Warlord
when PS was shown to be >>>>>>>>>>> zeus? Exactly. Ps hasn't shown much of anything.

Colossus-Big C
So? Does he have any multiverse affecting feats?

Exactly. Ps hasn't shown much of anything. sence when has odin affected the multiverse?

quanchi112
sence when has odin affected the multiverse? His battle against Seth in jim.

Colossus-Big C
His battle against Seth in jim. Scans please

quanchi112
Scans please Nah. I lost my hard drive a month or so back and don't know where it's on my photobucket if it's on my photobucket. Feats don't decide these matchups either way.

Hazsekswthurmom
Yeah it affected the multiverse, even though it didn't destroy the planet they were fighting on and there was stars in the background. roll eyes (sarcastic)

WickedDynamite
Based on what?

Based on the Fact that a full rage Spectre tried to end his existence in Day of Vengeance and couldn't. Very much doubt Odin would come near Spectre's might.

The Nuul
And also Odin is Marvel, he loses automatically.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Hazsekswthurmom
Yeah it affected the multiverse, even though it didn't destroy the planet they were fighting on and there was stars in the background. roll eyes (sarcastic) Ds affected multiple realities while not destroying the planet they were on in death of the new gods. I guess by your standards planet destroying power is greater than say Ds or Odin's. laughing out loud Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Based on the Fact that a full rage Spectre tried to end his existence in Day of Vengeance and couldn't. Very much doubt Odin would come near Spectre's might. Spectre defeated him easily. You don't have to kill your opponent to beat him. Nabu had to entice the Spectre to draw enough power to kill him. Food for thought. being owned and quite easily by the Spectre isn't proof of anything other than the Spectre can easily own him at the time while he was going back to kill him later.

Hazsekswthurmom
Please read my entire post.

Yeah it affected the multiverse, even though it didn't destroy the planet they were fighting on and there was stars in the background. roll eyes (sarcastic)

WickedDynamite
Spectre defeated him easily.

So in your opinion Spectre=Odin?

Omega Vision
So in your opinion Spectre=Odin?
No I'm pretty sure he thinks Odin>Spectre.

WickedDynamite
LOLz! You're right.

quanchi112
Please read my entire post. Yes, and Ds affected multiple realities and only destroyed ten miles of space on a planet. You try and fail to grasp the basic premise of the story or the owers involved in these two displays.Originally posted by WickedDynamite
So in your opinion Spectre=Odin? No, I believe dov Spectre could beat Odin straight up. It wouldn't be as one sided as the Spectre crushing Ps though. He'd also need a lot of power to kill Odin.Originally posted by WickedDynamite
LOLz! You're right. Wrong again.

Warlord
so the sole fact that he didn't got killed (but he instantly turned into a mouse) is a feat great enough to make u > odin...nice

not to mention that day of vengeance wasn't spectre's best appearance..

quanchi112
so the sole fact that he didn't got killed (but he instantly turned into a mouse) is a feat great enough to make u > odin...nice

not to mention that day of vengeance wasn't spectre's best appearance.. No, the entire arc showed he could beat Odin imo. It'd be down to the wire but I see him as more powerful overall. Him turning the Ps into a mouse makes Ps look weak in comparison which has nothing to do with why I see Spectre as more powerful, etc.

Warlord
No, the entire arc showed he could beat Odin imo. It'd be down to the wire but I see him as more powerful overall. Him turning the Ps into a mouse makes Ps look weak in comparison which has nothing to do with why I see Spectre as more powerful, etc.

I meant the PS being able to beat Odin not Spectre...

quanchi112
I meant the PS being able to beat Odin not Spectre... Ps can't beat Odin. He hasn't shown me any reason as to why he can. I brought up the Spectre owning because someone falsely compared Odin to the Spectre because of Ps's embarrassing loss as some sort of justification as to why Ps wins.

WickedDynamite
Yes, and Ds affected multiple realities and only destroyed ten miles of space on a planet. You try and fail to grasp the basic premise of the story or the owers involved in these two displays. No, I believe dov Spectre could beat Odin straight up. It wouldn't be as one sided as the Spectre crushing Ps though. He'd also need a lot of power to kill Odin. Wrong again.

There lies your mistake my good Quan-Man....PS does no kill nor can be killed. Odin is in paradox vs PS.

quanchi112
There lies your mistake my good Quan-Man....PS does no kill nor can be killed. Odin is in paradox vs PS. You don't have to kill someone to beat them. Odin can also increase his size or absorb him.

WickedDynamite
Odin kills in battles...amiright?

Warlord
Odin transmutes in battles...wink
mice and stuff

quanchi112
Odin kills in battles...amiright? He doesn't have to kill him to beat him. He can absorb him. I provided an answer but the only thing you fall back on is the Spectre couldn't kill Ps at the time even though he defeated him easier than BA.

Omega Vision
Ps can't beat Odin. He hasn't shown me any reason as to why he can. I brought up the Spectre owning because someone falsely compared Odin to the Spectre because of Ps's embarrassing loss as some sort of justification as to why Ps wins.
I have a feeling that Phantom Stranger #42 might change everything. He's supposed to fight BL Spectre. And we know it isn't going to end with PS as a rodent this time.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I have a feeling that Phantom Stranger #42 might change everything. He's supposed to fight BL Spectre. And we know it isn't going to end with PS as a rodent this time. Maybe. Right not at this point in time it's a sold wrap for Odin. I don't see BL Spectre as being as dangerous as dov spectre though.

WickedDynamite
He doesn't have to kill him to beat him. He can absorb him. I provided an answer but the only thing you fall back on is the Spectre couldn't kill Ps at the time even though he defeated him easier than BA.

How can he absorb something that is neither dead nor living Quanci?

quanchi112
How can he absorb something that is neither dead nor living Quanci? Why can't he? If it's your claim he can't be absorbed then prove it. We know he can be easily turned into a harmless fievel. Why can't he be absorbed? Odin has absorbed an elemental being so.......

How does Ps win?

Omega Vision
Maybe. Right not at this point in time it's a sold wrap for Odin. I don't see BL Spectre as being as dangerous as dov spectre though.
If anything he'd be more dangerous. Nekron would probably channel his power through him and Nekron seems less stingy than the Presence when it comes to using power. If Johns is really not shitting us when he says Nekron=Anti-God then we might see a full power Spectre. Probably not though.
In any case Odin isn't close to the Spectre's equal so PS losing to him doesn't automatically give Odin the win. Odin wins because he has better defined powers and the willingness to use them.

WickedDynamite
Why can't he? If it's your claim he can't be absorbed then prove it. We know he can be easily turned into a harmless fievel. Why can't he be absorbed? Odin has absorbed an elemental being so.......

How does Ps win?

Because before Odin even tries to absorb him PS would know it before hand. He will always be a step ahead of Odin. PS knows everything about any character.

Now you prove to me that Odin is capable of absorbing a Divine Character....Cosmics maybe...Divinity? I don't think so.

quanchi112
If anything he'd be more dangerous. Nekron would probably channel his power through him and Nekron seems less stingy than the Presence when it comes to using power. If Johns is really not shitting us when he says Nekron=Anti-God then we might see a full power Spectre. Probably not though.
In any case Odin isn't close to the Spectre's equal so PS losing to him doesn't automatically give Odin the win. Odin wins because he has better defined powers and the willingness to use them. Odin with prep would defeat him imo.

Most of your post is speculation.

Ps losing to the Spectre doesn't help his case either.

WickedDynamite
I don't think you understand PS my good Quani....he is one of the most mysterious yet powerful characters in DCU. You keep thinking that a some god or cosmic will win over divinity...and that isn't the case.

quanchi112
Because before Odin even tries to absorb him PS would know it before hand. He will always be a step ahead of Odin. PS knows everything about any character.

Now you prove to me that Odin is capable of absorbing a Divine Character....Cosmics maybe...Divinity? I don't think so. He wasn't a step ahead of the Spectre or Eclipso for that matter.

He absorbed an elemental and you are using just a word to demonstrate he couldn't be absorbed. You can't even give me a reason other than Ps being from dc why he wins.

I don't even think you read marvel tbh.

I don't think you understand PS my good Quani....he is one of the most mysterious yet powerful characters in DCU. You keep thinking that a some god or cosmic will win over divinity...and that isn't the case. What's he done with his powers?

WickedDynamite

What's he done with his powers?

One of his best characteristics is guiding characters into the proper path (i.e. a uber guardian angel)

quanchi112
One of his best characteristics is guiding characters into the proper path (i.e. a uber guardian angel) So he's like a guidance counselor for superheroes?

Odin's guided Thor before so what's the point of this remark in terms of a battle between the two? Is he going to lecture old Odin?

WickedDynamite
So he's like a guidance counselor for superheroes?

In a larger scale..yeah..but a Guardian Angel is more suitable. That is why Black Lanterns couldn't corrupt him like they did with The Spectre.

quanchi112
In a larger scale..yeah..but a Guardian Angel is more suitable. That is why Black Lanterns couldn't corrupt him like they did with The Spectre. And the fact the Spectre's host is dead.

In any event I have read about the Ps and the problem with him is he lacks good feats/combat showings while Odin's are impressive.

WickedDynamite

In any event I have read about the Ps and the problem with him is he lacks good feats/combat showings while Odin's are impressive.

That is because current PS is not fully power thanks to the Lords of Chaos and rarely intervenes in battles.

However, as mention earlier Geoff might retcon the original PS and then it will take 10 Odins to even match his powers.

Take that!

quanchi112
That is because current PS is not fully power thanks to the Lords of Chaos and rarely intervenes in battles.

However, as mention earlier Geoff might retcon the original PS and then it will take 10 Odins to even match his powers.

Take that! So you just said Ps wins now and just admitted hopefully in the future Ps becomes more powerful so he can beat someone like Odin.

So you based this on your personal bias for Ps and nothing more.

Omega Vision
So he's like a guidance counselor for superheroes?

Odin's guided Thor before so what's the point of this remark in terms of a battle between the two? Is he going to lecture old Odin?
He did verbally pimp-smack the Quintessence for creating Magog. I could see him lecturing Odin.

WickedDynamite
So you just said Ps wins now and just admitted hopefully in the future Ps becomes more powerful so he can beat someone like Odin.

No, I'm saying Odin ain't gonna nothing to PS with his feats and stuff. The only way I could see Odin doing something to PS is if Madame Xanadu sides with him....ain't gonna happen.

Again, as stated before....Odin would hit a paradox with PS.

quanchi112
He did verbally pimp-smack the Quintessence for creating Magog. I could see him lecturing Odin. Then Odin crushing him. Originally posted by WickedDynamite
No, I'm saying Odin ain't gonna nothing to PS with his feats and stuff. The only way I could see Odin doing something to PS is if Madame Xanadu sides with him....ain't gonna happen.

Again, as stated before....Odin would hit a paradox with PS. No, he wouldn't. What's funny is you don't prove your case you just say one random thing to the next. First he's neither dead or alive so what does he do? Then he's divine so what does he do?

LOL, you don't even present an argument. Odin absorbs him.

WickedDynamite
Then Odin crushing him. No, he wouldn't. What's funny is you don't prove your case you just say one random thing to the next. First he's neither dead or alive so what does he do? Then he's divine so what does he do?

LOL, you don't even present an argument. Odin absorbs him.

The shoe is on the other foot.

How have Odin defeated Divine characters? (not cosmics but characters from divinity)

quanchi112
The shoe is on the other foot.

How have Odin defeated Divine characters? (not cosmics but characters from divinity) Odin has a bit of divinity in him and he's been crushed just fine by the Celestials for one. Just because someone is a god and someone isn't this doesn't mean the non god isn't more powerful than the god.

WickedDynamite
Odin has a bit of divinity in him and he's been crushed just fine by the Celestials for one. Just because someone is a god and someone isn't this doesn't mean the non god isn't more powerful than the god.

Aha!

Gotcha there! you said a bit which practically means not enough. Therefore PS cannot be destroyed nor defeat by someone like Odin. The Spectre can since he is divine and therefore this thread ends with PS standing tall while Odin won't do ANYTHING to harm him.

Just accept that Odin hits a paradox in this match and walks away happy.

smile

quanchi112
Aha!

Gotcha there! you said a bit which practically means not enough. Therefore PS cannot be destroyed nor defeat by someone like Odin. The Spectre can since he is divine and therefore this thread ends with PS standing tall while Odin won't do ANYTHING to harm him.

Just accept that Odin hits a paradox in this match and walks away happy.

smile Odin is also divine. Are you saying Imperiex Prime can beat him? What are you saying?

Odin absorbs him. By your own criteria Odin wins since he's divine. laughing out loud

supremthor
PS power level is hard to clarify, some times his stronger then sky father other times he seems street level.

Colossus-Big C
phantom stranger is one of the fallen angels like lucifer morning star, hes one the the angels who were neutral when they fought

Omega Vision
Originally posted by supremthor
PS power level is hard to clarify, some times his stronger then sky father other times he seems street level.
Nah he's always been at least Herald level since he first became a real supernatural being. In the beginning he was just a mysterious debunker of "supernatural" happenings who may or may not have been actually magic.
Generally its accepted he's>Zatanna and Fate.

WickedDynamite
PS seems street level because he was de-powered by the Lords of Order. But even so that still didn't left him defenseless against ancient demons. Like Colossus said...he goes back to the fall of lucifer...but very likely was a Seraphim and then demoted to Archangel and eventually Guardian Angel....

WickedDynamite
Went back to some comics and located the Animal Man issue in which PS guides his soul back to his proper time period. Notice how Buddy senses his immaculate divinity and accepts.

Pay attention Quanchi!

kgkg
Wait I'm I getting this right PS wins because of his divine origins?

xJLxKing
Next week we should know how strong PS is.

kgkg
I think there isn't any PS feat that would indicate he wins or loses this fight.

The character is very passive with almost zero feats but considering his hierarchy and power implication we can at least say they are close until we see more of PS feats which can change how he would fare in this battle.

xJLxKing
I agree

quanchi112
PS seems street level because he was de-powered by the Lords of Order. But even so that still didn't left him defenseless against ancient demons. Like Colossus said...he goes back to the fall of lucifer...but very likely was a Seraphim and then demoted to Archangel and eventually Guardian Angel.... So you don't have anything to definitively say why or how Ps wins just he does because he's divine.Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Went back to some comics and located the Animal Man issue in which PS guides his soul back to his proper time period. Notice how Buddy senses his immaculate divinity and accepts.

Pay attention Quanchi! I read it and it doesn't even say divine. laughing out loud laughing out loud

That was one of the funniest, pointless scans which didn't even ram home your point.

AsbestosFlaygon
Based on feats, Odin wins.

He's held galaxies in the palm of his hand...
But even with his power, he is unable to defeat The Ones Who ? (gods who control Ragnarok)

AsbestosFlaygon
It's seems PS has no choice but to fight BL Spectre.

This will be interesting..

quanchi112
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Based on feats, Odin wins.

He's held galaxies in the palm of his hand...
But even with his power, he is unable to defeat The Ones Who ? (gods who control Ragnarok) Rk Thor change all that.Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
It's seems PS has no choice but to fight BL Spectre.

This will be interesting.. It's about time to see Ps in action.

WickedDynamite
Odin hits a paradox with PS...that's the main point. Quanchi is too busy trying to decide how Odin would beat PS.

That was one of the funniest, pointless scans which didn't even ram home your point.

Yet you post NONE to make your arguement. Later he meets up with Jason Blood....aaaah!!! it don't matter to you. All you care is just mindless mockery.

Here is the other scan I had of him with Spectre and he acknowledges the capacity of PS.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/447/spectredovol4.jpg

Mindset
Odin doesn't need to kill him.

Warlord
Odin turns him in a mouse and then transforms himself into a cat....

no really guys PS was always an intriguing character for me but I don't remember him ever fighting a proper fight

Martian_mind
He once stood toe-to-toe with Felix Faust......and managed a stalemate.

Barely.

AsbestosFlaygon
And got sucker punched by Terry Thirteen

quanchi112
Odin hits a paradox with PS...that's the main point. Quanchi is too busy trying to decide how Odin would beat PS.

Yet you post NONE to make your arguement. Later he meets up with Jason Blood....aaaah!!! it don't matter to you. All you care is just mindless mockery.

Here is the other scan I had of him with Spectre and he acknowledges the capacity of PS.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/447/spectredovol4.jpg I said he absorbs him in multiple posts. laughing out loud

You don't need to kill someone to beat him and it's only Ps who thinks as much. Spectre would need enough power to do so, but he killed Nabu after he was goaded into doing it.

Spectre easily defeated him is the point and in vs. matchups you need to win is all. I guess the Sentry is right up there with this if you can't kill me you can't win type stuff.

I said he an augment his size and absorb him. Is a scan even necessary? You putting up scans I have already acknowledged is a complete waste of time.

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
And got sucker punched by Terry Thirteen

That's because Thirteen is an atheist and he can repell magic because of his skepticism...he practically could pwned the mages of DC...but Terrence rarely makes apperances.

guy222
I know u smile

How are u

Odin FTW

PS is an enigma

For those who don't know Odin and Surtur return. How do I know. Well....

A gentlemen always is correct

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.